It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 256
<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ladies and gents...
Well...That escalated quickly. Anyone remember my picture earlier? It seems like more troops and vehicles have arrived.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

Don't like the bottom of the page much do ya? That pic was posted several pages ago. The timing is sooo yesterday

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Mamatus

Don't like the bottom of the page much do ya? That pic was posted several pages ago. The timing is sooo yesterday
Look very closely, it looks the same but it isn't - I was fooled when I seen it. Take a look at the guys Twitter page and also check his Live Journal. There are videos from the same area/or near (Klimovo) from a few hours go showing more military equipment arriving along with reinforcements of more Russian troops. I've tried to translate some of the literature on the latest blog entry and the Russian soldiers were overheard saying something about "5 tiers will be triggered" and something relating to tonight. Asen might be able to shed some more light. The Bing translator is awful.
edit on 26-3-2014 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Good find professor. Gotto keep an eye on this guy, seems real.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by demus

I had to give you a star simply for the Bruce Lee remix. Strangely though, America is more water than Russia is.... astrologically speaking.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
At this point I think Russia will probably go all in and try to get it over and done with, like ripping off a band-aid. Yesterday Russia wasn't much of a concern as a mere regional power and today its all Obama can talk about. This kind of instability and mixed messages would have anyone expecting the worst no matter what they do. The damage in relations with the west is looking like it is irreparable so I don't see why there would be any reason to back down now. I wouldn't and I'm not exactly a brave person and that realization makes it seem very unlikely to me that Putin will.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Local social media sites have shown numerous amateur videos purported to show Russian tanks and other heavy armoured vehicles on the move in the past few days. They are seen either driving along roads or being transported on trains. In one case, vehicles are shown being off-loaded from flatbed freight trains. The vehicles include mobile communication units.
The locations include Vornezh [Voronezh], a Russian city northeast of the major Ukrainian city of Kharkiv, and Novozybkiv, a Russian city directly north of Kiev, 50 miles from the Russia-Ukraine border.
The reason for the uptick in activity could be new rounds of military exercises, rotation of troops or for some unspecified reason, the spokesman told Fox News.
We’ve still not confirmed the location of troops, tanks, and other equipment that have reportedly been filmed moving across parts of Russia today. Ukraine’s defence ministry told Fox that they have not been able to confirm the reports either.

More reports on build-ups of Russian military forces near the Ukrainian border. Censor.NET reports sightings of units of the elite 2nd Taman Motor Rifle Division near the border with Ukraine. About 400 troops in BMP and BTR vehicles and a company of 10 tanks were reported near the settlements of Kalinovka and Amon in the Kursk oblast, less than 10km from the Ukrainian border.
Russian forces have also been reported near Belgorod, around 40km from the border. The reported units include three battalions of the 76th Pskov Airborne Assault Division and two battalions of the 106th Tula Airborne Assault Division – around 1,100 people and 120 vehicles.

www.interpretermag.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

ProfessorT

Mamatus

Look very closely, it looks the same but it isn't - I was fooled when I seen it. Take a look at the guys Twitter page and also check his Live Journal. There are videos from the same area/or near (Klimovo) from a few hours go showing more military equipment arriving along with reinforcements of more Russian troops. I've tried to translate some of the literature on the latest blog entry and the Russian soldiers were overheard saying something about "5 tiers will be triggered" and something relating to tonight. Asen might be able to shed some more light. The Bing translator is awful.

You are right, Nice catch!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok, ever since I started reading this site, I have seen nothing but praise for Ron Paul and his policies and views.

It was always Hip Hip Hurah Ron Paul for President..

Now, all I read now is how much the US and NATO should get involved.

Was Ron Paul wrong?

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   

kathat
Ok, ever since I started reading this site, I have seen nothing but praise for Ron Paul and his policies and views.

Was Ron Paul wrong?

Sadly he appears to have no leverage on his side of the map. Not that anyone here calling for military action was praising him, paul's supperters usually can think beyond the kool-aid and see the lies. The rest keep telling you that russia invaded crimea when they were already there, and the maidan-svoboda party has nothing to do with western powers whatsowever. Pity, if you follow the news you will know thats a load of crock.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

john452
At this point I think Russia will probably go all in and try to get it over and done with, like ripping off a band-aid. Yesterday Russia wasn't much of a concern as a mere regional power and today its all Obama can talk about. This kind of instability and mixed messages would have anyone expecting the worst no matter what they do. The damage in relations with the west is looking like it is irreparable so I don't see why there would be any reason to back down now. I wouldn't and I'm not exactly a brave person and that realization makes it seem very unlikely to me that Putin will.

Dont be under the impression NATO is just going to sit back now that Ukraine has signed a deal with the EU. Since Europe is now required to help provide security for Ukraine this would definitely activate NATO.And Putin might be alot of things but stupid isnt one of them he knows that if NATO enters this the battle ends at moscow. Trust me every US sub right now is cruising Russian waters and the first strike is to limit his ability to attack. See Russia has one major vulnerability they never learned how to deploy troops quickly they rely on railroad depots. Do not be under the impression Nato couldn't send several tank battalions to Ukraine in less than 12 hours. Just the Germans alone could pull this off easily much less the US bases in germany as well. Trust me they already cancelled leave and are on alert.So i know itsfun to speculate but if Putin pullrd that trigger he knows everyones going for broke.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Russian troops hold military drills in Georgia's breakaway republic of Abkhazia

Russian troops hold military drills on the Black Sea coast of Georgia's breakaway republic of Abkhazia Tuesday. The drills started last Friday The drills comes as tension grows in the region following Russia's annexation of Ukraine's Crimea region. Russian news agencies, citing a military press service, said the main objective of the drills is to hold maneuvers at quote an "unknown terrain on the sea coast." Russia has held several military drills during months of political upheaval in Ukraine. Some have brought large Russian forces close to Ukraine's eastern border, adding to concerns of an invasion after President Vladimir Putin secured permission from parliament to send in troops to protect Russians citizens and interests if needed. Russia recognized the independence of Abkhazia after waging a five-day war with Georgia in August 2008. Georgia and most other countries do not recognize it as an independent state.
So Russia also has troops in Georgia...Well it looks like Ukraine are pretty much going to be stretched and unable to defend themselves should Russia decide to launch an all out attack. Again, why is Vladimir Putin ordering all these exercises in all the countries that border Ukraine? There is definitely something more sinister to come.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

I don't think the choice of war is really up to Russia though. They can go to war now or later when they are weaker. Reading between the lines I see that as their options.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

john452

I don't think the choice of war is really up to Russia though. They can go to war now or later when they are weaker. Reading between the lines I see that as their options.

Why, of course, the people don't want war. Why would some poor slob on a farm want to risk his life in a war when the best that he can get out of it is to come back to his farm in one piece? Naturally, the common people don't want war; neither in Russia nor in England nor in America, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy or a fascist dictatorship or a Parliament or a Communist dictatorship.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Yusomad

kathat

Was Ron Paul wrong?

Sadly he appears to have no leverage on his side of the map. Not that anyone here calling for military action was praising him, paul's supperters usually can think beyond the kool-aid and see the lies. The rest keep telling you that russia invaded crimea when they were already there, and the maidan-svoboda party has nothing to do with western powers whatsowever. Pity, if you follow the news you will know thats a load of crock.

You really have to get your news from somewhere else other than Russian propaganda. If Russian troops were outside the base on Ukrainian territory with weapons thats an invasion plane and simple.You cant change the definition just because your a pro russian supporter.Now why they invaded it well thats up for debate but the invasion no thats just a fact.Also you seem to misuse the term kool aid see that usually refers to the left which is Ron Paul supporters. As far as Ron Paul goes great domestic ideas his foreign policy is what scarry. He calls for dismantling the military as we can see thats a bad idea. I mean look at what happened to Ukraine in 1991 thay had over 700000 in their military now its down to less than 150000. They didnt think they would need to so it was underfunded and well now the Duma is regretting that decision im sure.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but given where and why Obama was speaking, this thread seems as good a place as any.
Seems European press are not so enamoured with POTUS

.. does it mean that everyone saw right through the endless bluster, hollow rhetoric and empty promises of the man tasked with reading from a teleprompter, and currently in charge of one of the world's most totalitarian states? Because either someone is getting fired for forgetting to turn on the "applause" sign, or Europeans no longer care for the lies uttered by Obama on all topics NSA-related (and all other topics too). One wonders: how long until the US president finally gets the same treatment in his own country?

www.zerohedge.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

angelchemuel
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but given where and why Obama was speaking, this thread seems as good a place as any.
Seems European press are not so enamoured with POTUS

.. does it mean that everyone saw right through the endless bluster, hollow rhetoric and empty promises of the man tasked with reading from a teleprompter, and currently in charge of one of the world's most totalitarian states? Because either someone is getting fired for forgetting to turn on the "applause" sign, or Europeans no longer care for the lies uttered by Obama on all topics NSA-related (and all other topics too). One wonders: how long until the US president finally gets the same treatment in his own country?

www.zerohedge.com...

Rainbows
Jane

Ouch.. I applaud them

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

If the ukranian military was inside crimean territory after sunday the day of the referendum, they should have high tailed right away, you dont stay somewhere you are not wanted. Kool aid is refered to all the propaganda and bull you swallow day in day out without questioning a thing, nothing to do with left or right.
And dont forget, ukraine would have needed no military if the western powers were so trigger happy, after all, yanu was on his way out(or not, none of our business), and the people would have "gotten what they wanted". Instead svoboda and maidan happened, and the western propaganda machine went into overdrive. Btw I get my news here, but my TV was clearly stating the facts, at least at the beginning about the maidan neonazis and the intentions so, that was PLAIN and simple from day 1.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteWine

reply to post by angelchemuel

That he even dares to say that America has always believed in 'Privacy'.. What an idiot.
edit on 26-3-2014 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I'm feeling a lot less worried about this situation after reading this article. I just hope it's correct in its assumptions. Regardless I think I'm going to stop worrying and try to avoid the news. Whatever happens, happens. Nothing I can do about it.

www.uow.edu.au...

new topics

top topics

<< 253  254  255    257  258  259 >>

join