It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

la2
reply to post by dragonridr

The US is weak right now, and Russia knows it. Putin can't believe his luck, a weak US president, a country that is war wary and a set of European powers that have spent so much money propping up Greece, Ireland and Portugal that we can't afford to confront Moscow.

Obama Skips National Security Team Meeting Re: Russia & Ukraine

According to Time magazine's Zeke Miller, Obama skipped the meeting. "Obama did not attend the meeting, but WH official says he has been briefed by Susan Rice and his national security team," says Miller.

So we at least know he's informed and engaged. After all, Susan Rice was spot on with what happened at Benghazi....

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

I think the people in the US are sick of supporting the ICB empire, and will not support any action. We didn't support any action in Syria, or Georgia, and we aren't going to support action in Ukraine.

This is an ICB grab.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
not going to be popular but why should everyone listen to america?who made them rulers of the world,sick of GB kissing their ass also,north korea pushed,russia is pushing harder and americas taking a step back.

like a bully in a play ground,as soon as someone stands up to you then you realize you may not be as hard as you think and you back down with your tail between your legs.

link   
Obama Skips National Security Team Meeting Re: Russia & Ukraine

That's a bit disappointing. Guess he had more important things which we will never hear of. Then there is the possibility the security team figured they could do better work without him.

link   

la2

The US is weak right now, and Russia knows it. Putin can't believe his luck, a weak US president, a country that is war wary and a set of European powers that have spent so much money propping up Greece, Ireland and Portugal that we can't afford to confront Moscow.

Putin is very intelligent. I wouldn't be surprised if he was an excellent chess player, after all, this is nothing but a chess game when you think about it, and he has just called a check.

If Obama doesn't show some backbone right now, the World War Two will just repeat itself, only this time it will be much worse.

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

I totally agree, I can understand the relationship, based on the fact we'd pretty much be speaking German right now otherwise. But it is time we made our own path, however on Ukraine it's simple, we made a promise, we need to keep it.

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Oksus

Couldn't agree more, this is the most important period of the Obama Presidency, if Putin is allowed to get away with it, what's to stop him?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

From time to time Asen has been a great correspondant. Always a pleasure.(tips hat)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

sparky31
not going to be popular but why should everyone listen to america?who made them rulers of the world,sick of GB kissing their ass also,north korea pushed,russia is pushing harder and americas taking a step back.

like a bully in a play ground,as soon as someone stands up to you then you realize you may not be as hard as you think and you back down with your tail between your legs.

Sounds like you're jealous what have country envy? Sorry if your country disappoints you but you know it happens maybe one day they will get up and take care of the bullies like you so wish. Until then i guess you can just run around being bitter and hating the world because im assuming Great Britain is home for you and apparently they dont have the balls to stand up to the US like you believe they should. Luckily most people dont think like you because Great Britain and the US are held together by history and culture and nothing will change that. For both countries there is no other most like themselves. Except for that calling a ciggarette a fag thing wouldnt float in the US.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I'm inclined to agree. It's really hard for me to picture Americans supporting military involvement. Putin's most likely thinking the same thing.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

CornShucker
reply to post by poet1b

I'm inclined to agree. It's really hard for me to picture Americans supporting military involvement. Putin's most likely thinking the same thing.

It depends on what the media does if they make this look like Russians are being a bully they may get the backing of the people. Tough call but i can see played properly by Obama he could turn this into a need to help all those poor people. Americans hate it when a bully picks on anyone. Trust me we have laws against this it became such a big issue.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I don't really care if Obama is skipping briefings.

The more un-interested he is the least likely we will see American intervention.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CornShucker

Putin knows the west has got oligarchs...

List of U.S. executive branch czars

en.wikipedia.org...
( first one 1933?..the year the US went banktupt? )
betcha he can tell you to the dollar when they will strike

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

sparky31

I wish we would leave the rest of you alone and that's what most Americans want. To leave the rest of the world to their own devices. Don't call us, don't email us or smoke signal us when you need help. Too bad. We just need a President who understands this. We have our own problems over here and we cannot afford to help anyone else anymore. I'd put our military docked around our borders and start factories and work forces up to produce our own # here at home and leave the rest of you that don't like our help to fend for yourselves. I'm sick of people bitching about America all the time but when you need help it's "Why won't America help us. They're so big and mean".

Edit:

And, if it wasn't for us, you people would be speaking German right now. Maybe it would have been better off that way. Who knows.
edit on 3/1/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
We'd be in big trouble right now if the Ukraine had been admitted to NATO. Member states would have had no recourse but to respond militarily. I don't know how the hell this situation gets resolved. As usual the west has propped up provocateurs in a foreign country to further its agenda at the cost of putting regional stability at risk. I can't really blame Russia on this one as I see them as protecting their interests and the ethnic Russians that are numerous in the Ukraine. How they can de-escalate the situation while protecting their interests and saving face remains to be seen.

I had a look at the numbers for the Ukrainian military, and while Russia boasts greater numbers in all categories, the Ukrainian military isn't anything to balk at. They have 159,000 active personnel with a million in reserve, and a very respectable air force. A conflict would get extremely bloody, extremely fast, so I pray that cooler heads prevail.

link   

dragonridr

sparky31

Sounds like you're jealous what have country envy? Sorry if your country disappoints you but you know it happens maybe one day they will get up and take care of the bullies like you so wish. Until then i guess you can just run around being bitter and hating the world because im assuming Great Britain is home for you and apparently they dont have the balls to stand up to the US like you believe they should. Luckily most people dont think like you because Great Britain and the US are held together by history and culture and nothing will change that. For both countries there is no other most like themselves. Except for that calling a ciggarette a fag thing wouldnt float in the US.
jealous?of what and yeah my country dissapoints me cause we were called great britain for a reason,we discovered new worlds,we were pioneers in science,the world wouldn,t be the place it is now if it wasn,t for great britain but what have we become? a puppet on a string for other countries to play with,the great has gone.

link   
reply to post by ken10

I'm pretty sure you have no facts to back up your opinion and just see an opportunity for pro western bashing. Fail!

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

edit on 1-3-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I think the Russians are to clever for that, I think this is something that has been coming since 1992, only difference is now the main powers have been at war for 12 years already and the electorate dont want any more wars.

edit on 1-3-2014 by la2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Thank-you asen - your contributions here are second to none.

In all of this chaos, my thoughts and prayers are with the innocent and frightened men, women and children whom both sides will have no problem using as cannon fodder and will view as mere collateral damage towards their selfish cause(s).

Oil & Gas behemoths and the Banksters - this whole fiasco stinks of their doing.

Stay safe my friend, protect your family.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join