It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia declares war on Ukraine. Live updates from inside Ukraine

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Dolby_X

Yup thanks a lot)

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Russia sent jets, tanks and men into Georgia and the world didn't destroy itself.

This was when we had the stupid psychopath BUSH as president.

calm down... no one is going into ww3 over the Crimea.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

LightningStrikesHere
reply to post by iamhobo

Why don't they ever reveal ,.putins,reply?

Because I imagine the only thing to hear from Putin would be a nice loud *CLICK*.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Agit8dChop
Russia sent jets, tanks and men into Georgia and the world didn't destroy itself.

Ukraine is much more important geo-politically to both sides than Georgia was.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

Agreed.. Crimea is going to Russia, NATO isn't going to fight for it.

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

I recall a similar thing was said in 1938, no-ones prepared to go to war over Czechoslovakia, it's moral conscience and international treaties that send us to war, don't under estimate Vladimir Putin, or the drive to stop him gaining power.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
asen_y2k you should go to sleep
all the news from this situation are on stall right now think action will start back in 3-4 hours only

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I personally dont think, it will be only Crimea. All of a sudden tolday the whole eastern half of Ukraine removed the Ukrainian flags from their state parliaments and raised the Russian flags and rallied in support of Russia. As I see on Ukrainian TV. I think its a sincere, general population's support of Russia(as it was shown by Ukrainian TV)

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I agree, Crimea was simply testing the water, and now Russia knows it's the one holing all the cards

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Great read for anyone following the going-on's in Ukraine.

5 things you should know about Putins incursion into Crimea.

And that is what is so worrying about Putin’s latest moves. They show that he is clearly a desperate man, willing to make a clean break with Ukraine and Europe, risk an acceleration of Georgia’s membership in NATO—an event that he wants to avoid almost as much as losing Ukraine—cripple his own economy and suppress yet another indigenous population. All for little tangible gain.

It appears that Putin feels that he has nothing left to lose.

Spot On.....Putin is a desperate man. Is he willing to risk it all?

Crimea will become like Checnya.....dont think for a second that Russian occupation of Crimea means it will become peaceful again...he is sowing the seeds of future conflict for decades as mentioned in the article.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Rep. Tom Cotton, R-Arkansas, gave perhaps the most cutting critique of the Obama administration's response.

"Emboldened by President Obama's trembling inaction, Vladimir Putin has invaded the Crimea region of Ukraine," Cotton, who sits on the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, said in a statement.

Cotton, the GOP challenger for incumbent Democrat Mark Pryor's senate seat, sketched out a series of potential actions President Obama could take against Russia should they not withdraw from the Crimea: revoking travel visas, freezing assets of senior Russian officials, rescheduling the G-8 summit in Sochi, suspending Russia from the forum of governments, and recalling the U.S. ambassador to Russia.

"Putin must be punished for his outlaw actions and the Russian people and elites must recognize they will pay a price for them," Cotton said.

Link

That should get Putin shaking in his boots.

I really doubt the US will commit the military into the situation so talk is about all that will be done. I bet some of the old school hawks would love to get the military show going though.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by asen_y2k

Russia did not declare war on Ukraine! Russian and Ukrainian parliament made a vote today which, was on the topic of "if Russia should intervene with its armed forces to defend Crimea from the terrorists and hooligans"! The Ukrainian war ships were "hijacked" by the Ukrainian navy (the navy that is under control by the terrorists in Kiev, even though they still technically are not in power). The ships are moving towards Sevastopol, and Russian forces will take action if needed. Keep in mind, Russian forces are in Crimea to serve as peacekeepers for the Russians living in the Crimea area. Stop listening to american news, they are the one's feeding us lies.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Melbourne_Militia
Obama has stated he will not be agttending the next G8 meeting in protest....really? Gee, what a statement.

If Reagan was alive and in power now, he'd mobilize all US troops round the world to put forth a major statement of intent and protest against Putin.

Obama has no balls to put on the table. Times like this we need action....not more lines in the sand.

Yeah because world war 3 is totally the best possible outcome here...

link   

Dolby_X
asen_y2k you should go to sleep
all the news from this situation are on stall right now think action will start back in 3-4 hours only

You are correct) I am feeling a bit sleepy, its 1.44am here. No new news. Will go to sleep. As tomorrow is a Sunday, dont know when I am going to wake up, but as soon as I do I promise I will bring you guys the latest news from Ukraine. As I did 6 years back when I was the only ATS member from Ukraine reporting on the Swine Flu epidemic here. Today reminded me of those days. Being on ATS for 7 years, I have come to realize the value of news from both sides of the line.

Will be back with you all tomorrow.

link   

tsurfer2000h
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Obama has no balls to put on the table.

That's because the first lady has them locked away in a secure area under heavy guard.

This is going to be a problem no one considers Obama up to dealing with this. So most likely will not be a good outcome when Putin sees him as weak there wont be alot of negotiations. Even Europe see Obama as a sort of weakling here read this from the UK there making fun of him and his 90 min call where his threats were ignored.

blogs.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

McAppleCrisp

Russia did not declare war on Ukraine! Russian and Ukrainian parliament made a vote today which, was on the topic of "if Russia should intervene with its armed forces to defend Crimea from the terrorists and hooligans"! The Ukrainian war ships were "hijacked" by the Ukrainian navy (the navy that is under control by the terrorists in Kiev, even though they still technically are not in power). The ships are moving towards Sevastopol, and Russian forces will take action if needed. Keep in mind, Russian forces are in Crimea to serve as peacekeepers for the Russians living in the Crimea area. Stop listening to american news, they are the one's feeding us lies.

This seems a lot more believable than anything I have read on any news outlet thus-far.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

We appreciate your updates. Thank you very much, and have a good rest.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Agit8dChop

no one is going into ww3 over the Crimea.

Crimea/Ukraine would only be the trigger event that set into motion much larger events, one of which might be another world war.

Theres a lot of pressure built up in the world right now, and just like in a pressurized gas container, it only takes a tiny crack, a minute fissure, or small deformity/weak spot in the otherwise sound structure of the container to cause a catastrophic failure in the entire structure.

With the world the way it is, we can no longer say "well its just a tiny crack... nothing will happen because of it". Theres too much pressure built up within. Perhaps nothing larger will take place... or perhaps that tiny crack is just large enough to compromise the integrity of the remainder of the container/world, and cause a sudden, disastrous, and unexpected explosion.

As the pressure builds, the cracks only need to be smaller and smaller before something that seems relatively insignificant turns out to be the "straw that broke the camels back".

la2

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

The US is weak right now, and Russia knows it. Putin can't believe his luck, a weak US president, a country that is war wary and a set of European powers that have spent so much money propping up Greece, Ireland and Portugal that we can't afford to confront Moscow.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Rest well..

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join