It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bolt hole (Replacing the Morning coffee thread)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Both of you are doing better than me, I quit my job not too long ago, told the owner where to stuff it and quit and went home. Within 30 minutes he was knocking on my door begging me to come back...

I have wished every day since that I hadn't gone back... lol
edit on 5-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by cody599

lol.... is that even possible?

Lost me there O.B.

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

edit on 5-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Oh those Kodak Moments! Wished I was there to have seen that one especially! Glad ya let him have that one too.

Also good thing you reigned yourself in before knocking his ass out. Been there, wanted to do the very same myself but held back figuring those people DO walk the streets at times. If ya know what I mean......

Gotta fly for a bit. Take it easy Cody. Been nice chattin with ya. EveryOne else have a good one too!!
Later, Syx.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

Make it fun whilst being away Syx

Catch you around the boards my friend

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
My mom and I talked this morning a bit. I was telling her how last night I just didn't get anything done regarding work (i usually work for a couple of hours in the evening so I can keep my head above water). She said, "Ya know...when you are laying on your death bed, thinking about your life, you won't regret not working last night. You WILL regret those nights you chose to work instead of spend time with your family."

Damn.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
My mom and I talked this morning a bit. I was telling her how last night I just didn't get anything done regarding work (i usually work for a couple of hours in the evening so I can keep my head above water). She said, "Ya know...when you are laying on your death bed, thinking about your life, you won't regret not working last night. You WILL regret those nights you chose to work instead of spend time with your family."

Damn.

I had a friend tell me very similar to that once. It sunk in and changed my life. For that I will always be grateful to her.

The problem is though...now I'm bored.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I've actually had the pleasure of knocking one of my bosses on his butt...quite few times. Playing sports. That one I actually respected.

The others that I didn't respect usually got fired or retired, but I kept on. (Shhhh, I did have a hand in some of those)

But you have shown yourself to be the stronger person.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Damn.

BFFT
I went to my first boss as a lowly apprentice (A great man I still admire and respect) and asked for a raise, my grades at college were all at Distinction level (the highest there is) and I was outshining some of the older guys.

His words to me were

"Cody, you've worked hard and studied well, for a young man you've surpassed my expectations on many occasions, you can have your raise young man, but with a bit of advice.......................Just keep in the back of your mind ........... the graveyards are full of indispensable people"

Never forgotten that, and used it a fair few times myself.

BFFT you're a big boy now......................regardless bro.................mum knows best

Don't forget to tell her you love her.

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by cody599

I've actually had the pleasure of knocking one of my bosses on his butt...quite few times. Playing sports. That one I actually respected.

The others that I didn't respect usually got fired or retired, but I kept on. (Shhhh, I did have a hand in some of those)

But you have shown yourself to be the stronger person.

Thanks for the kind words TD

You've just inspired me

The 6 nations rugby is on at the moment, my new boss is a massive rugby fan, as am I, I feel an inter-company rugby match coming on.

I owe you one man

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Now there's a good idea!
Hope he's not Welsh?
*slinks back off the thread*
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

It was first learning Rugby that my Platoon Sergeant once knocked me on my butt, I was a young PFC at the time. He asked me why I was holding back when I had the advantage. I told him that he outranked me and I thought it would be disrespectful to knock him down. At that point, he knocked me down again, and told me that rank has nothing when it comes to the playing field.

After that...it was game on!

Quite a valuable lesson that I always applied to life.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Funny enough Jane

He is ................................. by birth at least.

I'm gonna enjoy this match if it comes about

No offence meant and you're welcome to stay.

But I got some Cody karma to dish out

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by cody599

It was first learning Rugby that my Platoon Sergeant once knocked me on my butt, I was a young PFC at the time. He asked me why I was holding back when I had the advantage. I told him that he outranked me and I thought it would be disrespectful to knock him down. At that point, he knocked me down again, and told me that rank has nothing when it comes to the playing field.

LMAO

I learned the same lesson, when I was a new recruit we were doing Krav Magar (My ex bro in law is a master and taught me)

My, I suppose the equivalent of a British Sergeant Major, or drill sergeant state side told me "This is your life you're defending, now hit hard, hit fast, and disarm me if you can"

Sorry I can't stop laughing at the memory. The look on his face when he came around with his 9mm in his face (Unloaded)............ priceless. That's 2 I owe you man.

I need to buy Kodak tommoz

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

cody599

bigfatfurrytexan

Damn.

BFFT
I went to my first boss as a lowly apprentice (A great man I still admire and respect) and asked for a raise, my grades at college were all at Distinction level (the highest there is) and I was outshining some of the older guys.

His words to me were

"Cody, you've worked hard and studied well, for a young man you've surpassed my expectations on many occasions, you can have your raise young man, but with a bit of advice.......................Just keep in the back of your mind ........... the graveyards are full of indispensable people"

Never forgotten that, and used it a fair few times myself.

BFFT you're a big boy now......................regardless bro.................mum knows best

Don't forget to tell her you love her.

Cody

She had cancer a few years back, and it took a strong, healthy woman and reduced her to an elderly grandmother. She survived, but the chemo did a number on her.

I moved into her house with her a few years back. The house is large, and she was getting to where it wasn't being maintained. I'd check on her and she would be eating canned food and sandwiches. She'd get excited by me offering to bring her anything to eat that was actually cooked. The sink would be full of dishes that she just couldn't stand up to wash.

The wife is a nurse, so we decided to move in with her. Originally we would have had her move in with us....but she didn't want to leave her house. I liked my house better, honestly. LOL....but however she wanted it.

I tell her i love her every day. She eats a hot breakfast made by my wife every morning. I make her a hot dinner, usually of a 4 star quality, every night. I often will just knock on her door late in the evening with a cup of Lavendar tea (Revolutions Tea....OMG....amazing tea).

I had a rough childhood. She was my angel for so many years.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

No offence taken at all.
Welsh is he now....hand him over...I'll sort him......mind you....the rugby match should be good

Karma hey???
......why am I not surprised....
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by cody599

In the oilfields around here, if you wanna fire someone you have to do it 1 of 2 ways:

- call the cops to stand by while you deliver a termination
- whoop their ass

If you try to fire someone in the oilfield without LEO present, there will be a fight. And it isn't like winning the fight keeps your job. You will still be unemployed.

And usually, a couple of weeks later when everyone cools off, you can get hired back on.

My dad would come home early a couple of times a year after having gotten in a fight with his foreman. He'd stay home for a day or two, then go back to work like nothing had happened.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Not wanting to get......well.....your mam isn't on any iron supplements is she? You don't have to answer here...U2U me if you prefer.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchemuel

Not that I am aware of. But i would need to check with our family nurse (the wife) to see.

She had 2 disks in her back rupture about a year and a half ago. So she takes several medications related to that (like nerve related drugs and antiinflammatories)

Due to the issues the cancer caused with her kidneys, she choices for medications can be very limited. She is a big fan of homeopathy, and is known to do activated charcoal for stomache upset, etc.

Now she uses a walker. Sometimes she will sit in at while doing up some dishes. She tells me, "I have to feel like i contribute".
So we let her contribute however/whenever she wants.
edit on 3/5/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ok....it's just that Lavender will inhibit the absorption of iron supplements.
Rainbows
Jane

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join