It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The bolt hole (Replacing the Morning coffee thread)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

i have mentioned my nigerian coworker. He moved to jamaica when he was around 11. When he saw the word "biscuit" he knew they were from England.

I then got to hear about all the word variations he's experienced. Like when he went shopping for trousers the first time, asking for trousers.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm intrigued

This could become a regular thing, I'll keep an eye out for stuff you might not be able to get. Ant special requests just let me know.

Cody

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by cody599

i have mentioned my nigerian coworker. He moved to jamaica when he was around 11. When he saw the word "biscuit" he knew they were from England.

I then got to hear about all the word variations he's experienced. Like when he went shopping for trousers the first time, asking for trousers.

I know where he's coming from

Going into a shop asking for pants here would turn up totally different results

I've shopped in many markets around the world, where English is not spoken. The lord alone knows what I bought, but it generally delicious. Probably better not to know, I have a wicked Jamaican jerk sauce recipe from a friend of a friend, think I might do that this weekend.

Cody

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Damn it!! Just when I bought a new bells & whistle's coffee maker !! I'll stop by from time to time and try to spread a smile or two. I'm still gonna drink the coffee like their not making it anymore. We go thru at least two coffee makers a year. 3 months in and were on our 2nd since January. You need nuts for your bolts thread, ATS got some nuts.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by graceunderpressure

Thank you so much Grace !!

Feeling better already.

( cut myself on one of the toys though ... )

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   
What does a Queen have to do to get some mardi gras beads in here!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

You have yo werk it like the rent's due hunty

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I have a friend in Italy that I met online, and she would send me the most awesome coffee and in return I would send her cheesy American t-shirts.

One of the most rewarding friendships I ever had... lol .... Hopefully your guys' turns out that good!

edit on 5-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Darth_Prime
What does a Queen have to do to get some mardi gras beads in here!

Yes m'am, let them have it honey! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERQUE!

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Of course you may have your allowance, Dearie. [Backs away slowly]

Just kidding! You're a good boy.

And what would one get if one asked for pants over there???

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Good Mornin' People! Hope everyone has a good day.Mine sucks so far. Snowin' here (again) under Lake Michigan, Chicago area. Man I left home, 51 yrs there along the Mississippi River from Winters I already hated, to be closer to My Fav Daughter and Wonderful Grand Daughter. But these Winters here are worse that I could have imagined. Maybe we were just due for a bad one anyways? Oh well, The Big Plus is the 2 I have missed and wanted to be Near.
Trumps all the Winter B.S.
Syx

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

my wife hates the cold. Our year in Laramie, WY almost put an end to us. She is really affected by seasonal depression.

If it were up to me, we'd still be in the north.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Hey BFFT. I have always hated cold too. Now anymore I get so Freakin' depressed, it mag's my hate for it. I'm one of the most laid back people you will know, always have been. however anymore I get snappy and very short with patience to even the most mundane things. Bugs me. I don't like bein' this way. Lol.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

graceunderpressure
reply to post by cody599

Of course you may have your allowance, Dearie. [Backs away slowly]

Just kidding! You're a good boy.

And what would one get if one asked for pants over there???

Some very unattractive male underwear

The kind to turn a raging hormonal broody woman off in less than 0.1 seconds

Prodigal son

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Hi BFFT ...............Hi syx

Had another blazing row with the new boss today, it started out cordial enough, I was pointing out how dangerous it is to work the lads so hard, that tiredness can cause accidents, we need to stop for an hour and clean the workshop up etc. Then it happened.......................He called me Cody my man.

I went ballistic, as I was full tirade explaining that I am most definately NOT his EFFING man, and if he won't let off I'm going over his head before an accident happens, at the same time a colleague was considerate enough to cut off the top of his finger.

H.R. his boss, and his bosses boss turn up looking like deers trapped in the headlights (Insurance claim)

"What the hell happened ?"

The lads to a man said they were being worked like slaves and it was inevitable, Cody's got it on record as an official complaint at H.R. But nobody came to see us.

Case closed

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I like this story.

I have a village idiot that works with me. Technically, he is my equal. Realistically, he is so bad at anything he does that we don't allow him to do anything other than entry level work. And he screws that up constantly. He has pissed me off (yet again) today, so your story has given me some vicarious satisfaction.

You know its bad when 3pm rolls around and I have had it for the day. I just go home and work from my dining room instead.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Cody, Wow Bud! I'm glad for You that you had just voiced your concerns for the guys and their safety. Good timing on yer part! Hope the one who lost the finger end will be ok.
I was in a shop yrs ago, and it was the same there as far as safety vs working us to death. Cut off the end of my thumb on a bandsaw. It was reattached at the hospital and functions just fine today.
However he safety issues was still NOT addressed at the shop. Area was clean enough, mostly, but the lighting sucked. They wouldn't let me get a porta-light to help, and boom goes the thumb....

EDIT: Glad you let him have it as far as him trying to make You His Man! LOL!!
edit on 5-3-2014 by SyxDaliGee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I know how dedicated you are to your job BFFT

So for you to go home at 3 it must have been bad, We could put them both in with that bull you were talking about

Cody

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

edit on 5-3-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SyxDaliGee

EDIT: Glad you let him have it as far as him trying to make You His Man! LOL!!

It took all my strength not to lay him out flat on his back, I was literally shaking with rage.

He is a pompous idiot, he assumes respect comes with position, he found out today it very much doesn't, it must be earned.

I also pointed out the lads were working so damn hard because they respect me, and want me to shine. Not because they respect him. That was Kodak moment

Cody

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join