It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gratheil
Epi 2 Dead Mans Chest
Evidence of pirates on Oak Island mounts after a treasure chest from the 1700s is found; Rick and Marty get stunning news about a find from the Money Pit.
Sounds promising honestly.

Maybe. Unless the "treasure chest" is found someplace else and not on the island, like in a museum somewhere, but they see it as somehow linked to the island (in that way they do), and the "stunning news" is that the whole Money Pit has collapsed. So, yes, I anticipate that the show's descriptions are going to turn out to be misleading.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Maybe. Unless the "treasure chest" is found someplace else and not on the island, like in a museum somewhere, but they see it as somehow linked to the island (in that way they do), and the "stunning news" is that the whole Money Pit has collapsed. So, yes, I anticipate that the show's descriptions are going to turn out to be misleading.

Thinking about it.. your most likely right.. The "chest" will be from a museum with sketchy info about where it was found. and that Key that is shown in the previews will magically open it. Hence the "Stunning" news.

I want to believe......

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
About what I expected for the 1st episode. A few cool look what we found items. was kinda suprised they sent a diver down this early.

What a horrific loss for Mr. Tester.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have a love/hate relationship with this show. I've followed the story a long, long time, and I was very excited, but each episode could be 15 minutes long and we wouldn't miss anything important. I realize they need filler, but it's a bit over the top sometimes.
I also agree on the trunk or chest. It'll be found in Halifax in a second hand store or museum with an odd back story or something. "Its never been opened". They'll make a wax mould and forge a key and find "something ".

I also watch every episode despite it feeling contrived, so I guess it works.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: RadioRobert

I couldn't agree more.

I absolutely love the whole story, but its hard to describe the awkward feeling I have when watching it. Dave Blankenship has had enough. He just wants some #ing MONEY!, LOL...He always looks like hes about to call bull# on the whole thing. He's got that look on his face more than ever in this season's first episode...That, plus he's clearly had some sort of stroke since they shut down filming last season.

The show is a mess, but what a story.

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I was watching the promo for the upcoming season and they kept saying "We found the Money Pit." But I've grown so wary of the show's tendency to edit in excitement where there is none, I can't help but imagine that a clever editor cut out the part right before where they say something like, "I wish we could tell people..." "I wish we could tell people, 'We found the Monty Pit.'"

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I was watching the promo for the upcoming season and they kept saying "We found the Money Pit." But I've grown so wary of the show's tendency to edit in excitement where there is none, I can't help but imagine that a clever editor cut out the part right before where they say something like, "I wish we could tell people..." "I wish we could tell people, 'We found the Monty Pit.'"

This is exactly what I expect because the show loves to do that. One positive so far is at least they seem to have vastly cut down on the "COULD IT BE THAT THE TEMPLARS..." speculation and showing the CGI animations of the supposed box drains and shaft collapses 500 times per episode. They really got right to it for this episode. Didn't waste 20 minutes talking diving in the shaft before actually doing it. Didn't waste a lot of time recapping last season, or discussing plans on how they were going to rebuild the road.

Something is really bothering me about that dive though. The almost crystal clear images from the cavern at the bottom of that shaft clearly seemed to show some kind of debris down there laying all against the wall. I realize that once the diver got down visibility almost dropped to zero, but it's a very small cavern and he was down there for 35 minutes. In all that time he couldn't feel around the base of the wall and find all that junk that seemed to be laying against it? Or even get a single blip of it from his metal detector?

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

I couldn't agree more. He literally should have be right underneath the chain link thingy and the camera should have helped him know exactly where he needed to go. It was like he decided..."Objects? I just want to feel around for the rocks a little bit"

Feel terrible for Tester. I am not too keen on the stepson of his but it brought a tear to my eye to be sure. I also found myself thinking....wasn't one more supposed to die before the secrets were revealed?

So....kinda macabre if they do find pay dirt....or pay wood

posted on Nov, 9 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
These guys really haven’t found much on Oak Island. When they find an old 16th century screw they start jerking themselves off like its some big discovery worth their wild and ours, but it s not.

Give them credit for trying but the TV show probably pays them more than they’ll ever get from all their high-tech digging.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Okay, who has the DVR so we can read the letter they briefly showed in the teaser for next week re: the human bones they found?

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
The few minutes I watched...was 95% previous episodes activities with perhaps 5 minutes of new action...

I am completely done with their: Quest For Fame

You All can 'crowd fund' their fantasy...or invest your time in being exploited like a Soap-Opera junkie is

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

ok so nothing has changed. glad i jumped ship on this series long ago

however , it looks like they found the treasure after all. it wasnt buried and it came in the form of a reality show.

you can see the whole season in 20 minutes. just watch the first 10 minutes and last 10 minutes of the season finale.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I thought this episode was less filler than most, actually, but I made the same complaint a little farther up the page. Episodes could be 15 minutes long and you wouldn't miss much.

I've been fascinated by this story since I was quite young, so I'll probably never stop watching the show.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Is it just me or is there a fundamental flaw in the premise of the show. That flaw being, who in the world could imagine some group of people having the patience to dig a hole in the ground 153 feet deep? Pirates? They wouldn't have the patience or the energy for that. It would take mobilization of something like a small army of people to hand dig out a shaft that deep somewhere with no sustainabe food resources or supplies.

To me it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

"Date: September 14, 2017 at 9:57:27PM ADT

Subject: Bone results!

Thanks to Leah's hard work, we now have results from the two bones. Both sequenced successfully, and both came back as human. The good news is that they appear to be different. I will do some more work trying to see what we can learn about these sequences (i.e. if it's possible to infer something about region of origin), it should just take a few days for that.

-Tim

Timothy R. Frasier Coordinator - Forensic Sciences Program Department of Biology Saint Mary's University.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Actually that's why people are interested....The fact is somebody did some deep excavations with weird traps and it is what consumes the next player in the game.

Patience is meaningless when you can pay for/control energy in the form of labor.

It's a fun story and the show has just enough intrigue to bring people back for more.

"Could it be...?" Aliens, Knights Templar, Holy Grail?

I'm still very interested in two suggestions from the show and forever stuck on the story because of them:
1 - Connection between the first edition print (by Bacon) of Shakespeare's early works and the island/cross/constellation.
2 - The weird satellite material mappings that one company mentioned which stated where gold, rubies etc. are buried on the island.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
Is it just me or is there a fundamental flaw in the premise of the show. [...] To me it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

It has a number of fundamental flaws. The most glaring in my mind is that they treat the original historical accounts of the discovery and digging like they were the absolute truth, rather than just some wild pirate treasure story cooked up by a group of kids with no decent corroborative evidence to back it up. And on top of that, they then take for absolute true every story cooked up by the subsequent diggers about gold and levels and concrete rooms and booby traps and water shafts and all the other nonsense. They're all just stories. The only "evidence" they seem to find is garbage left over from other treasure hunters.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I’ve lately been watching this show since reading a book about Oak Island.

This show is kind of ridiculous—they find old rocks, spoons, arcane metal devices and go crazy like they found something of great value. You never see anything near the treasure being found---just a bunch of old guys claiming they know where it is

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gratheil

Thank you! I had just enough time last night to recognize it and notice it was actually readable before it cut the shot.

posted on Dec, 6 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I agree the show is ridiculous, but I've been reading the stories for thirty or forty some years, so I'm going to continue being intrigued enough to keep watching.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join