It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have been fascinated by the money pit ever since I heard of it. I truly believe there must be something down there. The show does get really annoying after a while but it can be entertaining and I like to see some of the old things they find. I understand they need money to fund the excavation and to generate money from a reality show is very smart on their part. I just wish they didn't go on crazy tangents or lead people to believe that things are so mysterious, when all you have to do is look up the history. I do wish them luck in solving this mystery because I think it has to be something really big, but then again maybe it was found long ago

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: that1lurker

See a " Gold Shining Thing " on a Video Camera , send a Diver Down the Hole and it's Suddenly Not there Anymore . Maybe they should Wait Until they Actually Find something of Value before they show it on T.V. . The Show has become a Freakin' Joke , why Watch it anymore ? How much Money have the Sucker Brothers Invested in the Hunt so Far ? Far More than they Found .
edit on 19-1-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I haven't seen any recent episodes..but I'm willing to bet they have sunk a few million in to this excavation although I'm sure they have some wealthy investors too

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why watch.. Its entertainment.. like most TV shows.

I find it entertaining and enjoy how the Brothers interact. I know its all staged, but I still enjoy it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gratheil
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Why watch.. Its entertainment.. like most TV shows.

I find it entertaining and enjoy how the Brothers interact. I know its all staged, but I still enjoy it.

So do I , but come on Already , Find Something ! ...LOL

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What has happened to the show?

DId they find something they can't show us?
edit on 20-1-2017 by briantaylor because: I'm so dumb

posted on Jan, 21 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: briantaylor
What has happened to the show?

Yes.They finally found bull# that's been buried there since the very first show of the first season.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

Well.. Seems like they might actually of found something. Will be interesting to watch the final episode next week.

Now the biggest question will be

Was it staged.........

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Well.. Seems like they might actually of found something. Will be interesting to watch the final episode next week.

Was it staged.........

Is it the final-final-ever episode or just the final one for this season?

They sure find a lot of geology that they don't know beans about. The streambed rocks interpreted as a wall was particularly hilarious.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Hard to say.. I guess it would all depend on what was found.. and in what type of location.

My guess is IF they really did find something.. anything of value. There would almost have to be another season to explore
it more.

Which goes back to if it was Staged to make it look like ... Huzzah we found the treasure now we can quit winners.. Then well it was a good run. IF and I think its a big IF they really honestly found something, then I am guessing we get another season of trying to recover more.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
One non-gold coin really isn't a treasure trove is it? Like the wood they're digging up,it's probably been left there by one of the previous searchers (or an invention by the program makers to keep us on the edges of our seats until the next series).

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Was it staged.........

Is it the final-final-ever episode or just the final one for this season?
They sure find a lot of geology that they don't know beans about. The streambed rocks interpreted as a wall was particularly hilarious.
I think they figure that it is a 'french drain', part of the flooding system.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Sure. The Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail and Montezuma's Treasure and the solid gold capstone to the Great Pyramid, and the Blue Gemstone from the top tower of Atlantis.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Sure. The Ark of the Covenant and the Holy Grail and Montezuma's Treasure and the solid gold capstone to the Great Pyramid, and the Blue Gemstone from the top tower of Atlantis.
That is part of the History Channel's brand of hooey. I wish they'd stick to the narrative. Like I've said, each hour long episode is a great half/hour of TV.

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
To sum up Tuesdays episode:

They dug - were disappointed, looked at rocks - determined nothing, cried - the end!

They got me again - I had high expectations. This is Finding Bigfoot but way more expensive!
edit on 3734x6737America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago2 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
for all the money spent, it would be best to dig a trench all the way along the shore line that is closest to the money pit (the Island is only 140 acres) find the inlet tunnels and block them, then excavate the heck out of the place.

But then it would end the mystery and I`d be disappointed by that, I love it.

posted on Feb, 23 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Kinda disappointed...

Button was interesting, but not a WOW moment.
The coal oven theory seems spot on for the light metal i guess..
The hinge... I got no freaking clue
The spike... I will refrain at this poinit. RR spikes do have a lip and this one did not, but im not a expert.
The Cross... not sure how in 2min you can determine a tiny cross is S. American but i guess that is why she is the "expert"

1hr and 45 min of fluff 15 min of good stuff.

Best part... It looks like we'll get a Season 5

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well here we are at the end of another season,and apart from making the island look like Swiss cheese by drilling random holes all over it,we really don't know anything we didn't know at the start of the season.All they're doing is digging up what the previous unsuccessful treasure hunters left behind (searcher tunnels) and proof that the Spanish were there quite some time ago,which we know anyway from the history books.

So to carry on the same method of program making we've seen in this and the last three seasons,I see the following being given lots of airtime in season 5........

1.Dave Blankenship will renew his TV licence.
2.Alex Lagina's girlfriend will buy a kitten.
3.The English bloke with the metal detector will look slightly surprised when he finds something made from metal with his metal detector.
4.Rick Lagina's beard will be offered it's own series.
5.The voice over bloke will get really excited over some random thing that happens somewhere else in America.
6.The musicians who play the dramatic music will walk out in a pay dispute and will accompany their own walk out with lots of very dramatic music,narrated of course by the excitable voice over bloke.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

You forgot about more Slamming Can, and a WHOLE lot of wood sniffing by Dan.

posted on Feb, 24 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
People need to stop making fun of the wood. Its important to a find. Despite what people with no archaeological experience think. And the wood with resin on it and no modern saw marks... Thats huge. And the metal found? That was even more huge.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join