It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
The mystery on Oak Island is one of those mysteries that has interested me for years. I guess the problem with the program on the history channel is their main goal is viewership. And if they did find anything substantial would they even share the information? Just wondering what your thoughts are about the program? One thing seems clear the brothers have spent a bucket load of cash on the project.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

Never heard of it...some more information would be most helpful

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
have been watching it too. i too have been very interested in this mystery. that some one went through a lot of trouble to build this site is intriguing. some thing is there alright. do wonder what it is. some of the things they have discovered i never knew or heard about. like that small swamp is man made and that wooden post at the shore line that seems to have no purpose.

i am curious as to why they are not working on the actual, original shaft?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

It will require a substantial engineering effort to return to the bottom of that pit, never mind progressing further! Essentially you would need to plug all the inlet channels that connect to the pit, and you don't know where they are, or how many!

It could be done given enough money resources and effort, and it would be nice to know what's down there considering no one goes to the trouble, effort and ingenuity that the builders of this thing did to hide something trivial!

Pirate or Templar treasure are the favorites!

edit on 27-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I've been watching. Yes, being for "TV", they do have to dramatize what they can.
I don't think anything substantial has been found as the episodes were filmed a while back, and you would think the media would have picked up on any finds and reported them already.
They really like to draw the show out. I would have rather seen the shows made into a single 2 hour documentary.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

en.wikipedia.org...

www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk...

Hope this helps it an interesting subject.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

I put up a post about the show when it first aired. Having watched each and every (four) episodes of five total for "this season" I can safely say I am completely and totally underwhelmed. The show IMO reminds me of every alien/bigfoot show ever done on History Channel. Each episode filled with non-stop "What if's" and concluding with no evidence of anything.

The last show they claim a big find. Personally I think this big find will prove nothing and only lead to another season of filming.
It was apparent what was going on by the third show when they talked about diving some of the areas that had anomalies. They never did.

So far they have found rust, animal bones, coconut fiber and bunch of rocks. One of which has marks in the bottom that if one tries hard enough to could be a triangle, if you try hard enough that is.

All in all a tremendous disappointment. The finale most likely will involve me fast forwarding to the last ten minutes. Something I should have done for each show.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   

blackthorne
have been watching it too. i too have been very interested in this mystery. that some one went through a lot of trouble to build this site is intriguing. some thing is there alright. do wonder what it is. some of the things they have discovered i never knew or heard about. like that small swamp is man made and that wooden post at the shore line that seems to have no purpose.

i am curious as to why they are not working on the actual, original shaft?

No one knows the exact location of the original shaft anymore. So much digging has been done over the years, both in the shaft & around it, that there have been cave-ins. Over time, this resulted in the loss of the location of the original Money Pit (no matter what the signage on the island would have you believe).

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I've been interested in Oak Island for some time now, very interesting. I watched a show recently which suggested that the treasure (or whatever) was moved from that location. I find it hard to believe since it would make no sense in my opinion. Why would they dig it up and fill it back in the way they did, with levels and whatnot?

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BuzzCory

Just a thought, if the location is indeed lost, maybe someone could follow/trace one of the water channels/inlets from the beach back to the original location of the Money Pit? Using a radioactive dye or small submersible with GPS locator beacon. Don't know how environmentally friendly the dye idea is through.
LoL

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by BuzzCory

Just a thought, if the location is indeed lost, maybe someone could follow/trace one of the water channels/inlets from the beach back to the original location of the Money Pit? Using a radioactive dye or small submersible with GPS locator beacon. Don't know how environmentally friendly the dye idea is through.
LoL

That's good thinking, but if memory serves, any subsequent digs are also flooded due to the extensive collapsing in the area. Interestingly, the dye test was done some time ago; it was discovered that there were actually two sets of flood channels, originating from two different beach areas.

BTW, here is an excellent site dealing with the Oak Island mystery, including a very good discussion forum (link to that at lower right of home page).
edit on 1/27/14 by BuzzCory because: Added link to Oak Island site

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Pretty much sums it up for me. I have watched the first 3 episodes so far. Seems like a nice family but I suspect a bit of the Baltic UFO business model:
1. Find something interesting
2. Spend some money to get to the bottom of it.
3. Oh crapol@ we spent how much so far and nothing yet?
4. Lets find creative ways to recoup some of our investments.
and WA LA a documentary/reality show comes to fruition.

The simple rule is: You are not going to get any breaking news from documentaries or reality tv shows.

However, i view these type of shows as entertainment and not newsworthy.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

The pit was constructed in such a fashion that if you did not know exactly where the water inlets were located you would dig right through or near enough to them and flood the place! Which is exactly what is rumored to have happened.

Downright ingenious if you ask me! Reminiscent of Egyptian pyramid traps in the old movies or the Indiana Jones flicks!
LoL
edit on 27-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

It is amazing. I have trouble wrapping my head around how they were able to dig those tunnels, or who even came up with the idea. Either way, I'm sure they would not go through the trouble to hide something insignificant.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
It's a thousand times better than that Unconvering Aliens show on Animal Planet (of all places). At least most of the people on the Oak Island show are merely clueless and apparently not delusional.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I agree with most everybody here, if someone ACTUALLY found something, we would see it here on ATS....no need to watch bigfoot, ghost, ufo, paranormal,...searches, mysteries, hunts, etc....wasted time.....AND IF I SEE ONE MORE SHOW WITH THE "AVRO FLYING DISK"...I'M GOING TO THROW MY SHOE THROUGH THE SCREEN!!!!!...STOP IT NOW!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
ah that's why so many see ufo's, it are your shoes, damnit.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Sounds like a Canadian hoax just like Justin Bieber.

Canada can have them both. (the island seems more interesting.)

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
If you didn,t watch last night, everything may have changed.
The pit may just be a rouse.
Next week is the season finaly.
And the swamp may be where the treasure lies.

posted on Jan, 27 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

That show seems pretty worthless, but it seems like the networks are only concerned with profits and not necessarily getting to the truth of the matter. If the shows aren't sensational enough they won't get market share

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join