It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mystery of Oak Island on history channel

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I never knew anything about the mystery of Oak island until the episodes started, now I am all into it, can not wait to see the next one.

I really can not wait what they will find at the end if they find anything at all.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

See, I think that's the beauty of these shows. Yes, they over-dramatize much of it, and yes, it drags on and on and on and will probably yield less closure and just more puzzle pieces, but it introduces people to subject matter to which they otherwise may not have ever been introduced.

I miss shows like "Unsolved Mysteries" that covered such a massive amount of subject matter instead of focussing on just a few. There are some out there, but they are poorly produced and almost always just regurgitate what I can find through a Google search. But then again, "Unsolved Mysteries" was during a time of no internet or social media, so maybe that's what the appeal was for me at that age.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by Blue Shift

Any idea if anyone has ever used topographic maps in conjunction with ground penetrating radar in said location so as to see what's under the island/general location of the pit, if anything?

edit on 28-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

From what I understand, they're doing some of that now. The problem has always been the cost. It's extremely expensive to do that stuff. Another problem that they have is that they don't own or have access to the entire island, and have a rival who owns and is blocking areas they might potentially need to explore (or might contain the treasure, if there is any).

The guys doing it now made their money doing something else, and are now spending millions to see what they can come up with. It could be a very bad investment if they come up with nothing.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Cynic
I am curious. With such support of the History Channel and its advertisers, why don't these believers do what could accomplish their task more easily? IMHO, all that needs to be done is to encircle the entire island several hundred meters with a barrier of sufficient size and height, and pump the water in the enclosed space completely out, and then pump the well. Costly, but possibly effective. If there is anything of value, the payoff could be enormous. If nothing is found it will be like all the other missions, a costly EPIC FAIL.

The History Channel doesn't want to spend millions on this show. They're not in the treasure hunting business. They just want to film it on the cheap, like they do so many of their other shows and make their money that way.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

besides the cost I don't think they would be allowed. In one of the episodes they had to get a permit to pump out the water from the swamp to another spot ( I think it was 5 miles away if I recall correctly). I'm sure draining the complete island and its surrounding would be an environmental permitting challenge that could be harder than getting to the bottom of the mystery itself.

If I remember hearing correctly they were looking to invest a million dollars into the treasure hunt.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I found an interesting plot twist from 2003 nobody has mentioned. Dan Blankenship claims to have solved the Oak Island mystery.

After 38 years of searching, Oak Island's most famous treasure hunter believes he's solved the mystery of the famous Mahone Bay island. In an exclusive interview with this newspaper, Dan Blankenship said he has uncovered evidence that proves the 32-hectare island is the repository for millions in silver and gold left behind by marauding Spaniards in the mid-16th century. "I've never spoken publicly before because I didn't want to have put in this much work and end up being wrong," he said. "But in the last six weeks, I've been able to confirm all my suspicions and I can say definitively who did it, how they did it and where they did it. But until I get down there, I can't say exactly what is there."

FULL ARTICLE HERE
edit on 29-1-2014 by brice because: adjust date

edit on 29-1-2014 by brice because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by lme7898354

I also have an Interest in the Oak Island " Mystery " , but the Truth is , there is Absolutely No Proof Anything of Value Exists beneath the Island . There are Many Theories as to what Might lie there , but All of them are Nothing more than Theories and Conjectures .

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by brice

Interesting and good find.

It appears that Blankenship with David Tobias owned most of the land since 1967 around the 90s's their partnership appears to have taken a turn for the worst. In 2005 a portion of the Island was put for sale for 7 Million USD.

So just a couple of years prior to the fall out , in 2003 he is certain that the island is the repository for millions in silver and gold left behind by marauding Spaniards in the mid-16th century and the partners put it up for sale?

Uhm, that would make for a very peculiar and perfect timing to inflate the price of the island to do a quick sale. Not saying they did but interesting time frame none the less.

edit on 40131America/ChicagoWed, 29 Jan 2014 21:40:11 -0600000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Good thought Interupt, nothing like smoke and mirrors to drive "stock" prices up!

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Interesting Oak Island Website

Makes for a good story at least. They claim the real "treasure" was off the coast of Oak Island.

posted on Jan, 29 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Yes , a Facinating Yard there .........

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wondering why no one in this thread has mentioned Petter Amundsen, the Norwegian author/research (conspiracy theorist), who stole the show on the latest episode with his Shakespeare: The Hidden Truth addition.

I don't have Petter's two books pertaining to Shakespeare and the Oak Island mystery, but I've been reading what I can here:
Oak Island and the Treasure Map in Shakespeare
He seems to have pointed the Lagina brothers in an interesting direction with regards to the tree of life, the mercy stone and the swamp. Something is in that swamp!!

I really want to watch Petter's documentary but I cannot find it anywhere.

edit on 5606x6756America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago1 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Lets reverse think this thing out a bit.
IF the pit and it's traps are true what could be down there?
1) If was to be recoverable how would we know it wasn't retreived? Seems like someone went to a lot of trouble to make it hard to get to. Why? If you need to come back and get it there are lots of easy ways to do that.
2) What happens if you have something so precious but can't bear to destroy it? That seems more likely however remote a possibility. It would be like finding a religious artifact that would destroy the religion but is to sacred to destroy. Hard to wrap an idea of what that could be though. The two concepts fight each other.
3) The easiest item would be a treasure. But any treasure needs a way to recover it. Very few will bury a treasure and just leave it. Too much work was apparently done for anything small in value.
So its a plain mystery with side clues that may have nothing to do with the original money pit. I'll expect no solid results to come from their exploration but a tantalizing clue will be found at the end of the series that will leave the door open for a sequel.

posted on Jan, 30 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The show is getting some decent ratings - 10th ranked show for Sunday cable.

Ratings

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Cynic

If they are able to pour dye into the well, and see where it’s bubbling out on the shores of the island, than why not plug the outlets, so sea water won’t fill the hole? The water traps are caused by inlets thru the clay. If you were able to follow the dye up from the shore,and excavate far enough up towards the hole, you could maybe fill the inlets with concrete to stop the sea water from filling the hole. Does that make any sense?

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I just watched them and with one more episode to await I find myself feeling like I did many years ago watching Geraldo's vault of Al Capone special.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by lme7898354

I also have an Interest in the Oak Island " Mystery " , but the Truth is , there is Absolutely No Proof Anything of Value Exists beneath the Island . There are Many Theories as to what Might lie there , but All of them are Nothing more than Theories and Conjectures .

I guess the thing that intrigues me is the fact that someone went to a lot of time and effort way back when to devise the whole concept at a place that no one for the most part would even think about exploring. If there is nothing down there then someone is playing a hell of a practical joke on the world.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I just watched them and with one more episode to await I find myself feeling like I did many years ago watching Geraldo's vault of Al Capone special.

I watched the first couple of episodes of this show and came to the same conclusion...this will be another "Al Capone's vault". Why they drag this thing out is beyond me. I mean, we can drill a hole a mile into the ground to save trapped coal miners, but we can't send a camera and/or people down a preexisting hole in the ground to see what is at the bottom. Sounds legit.

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

andy06shake
reply to post by chrismarco

en.wikipedia.org...

www.oakislandtreasure.co.uk...

Hope this helps it an interesting subject.

Very awesome mystery

I remember first seeing it on In Search Of hosted by Leonard Nimoy years and years ago

Something important was buried there no doubt

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

BuzzCory

blackthorne
i am curious as to why they are not working on the actual, original shaft?

No one knows the exact location of the original shaft anymore. So much digging has been done over the years, both in the shaft & around it, that there have been cave-ins. Over time, this resulted in the loss of the location of the original Money Pit (no matter what the signage on the island would have you believe).

Yeah, the place looks pretty clean now, after it's had a chance to heal up a little, but it's easy to forget that over the years it's been torn up pretty good. Here's a photo of some of the activity done in the 1960's. Can you spot any of the current landmarks?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join