It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 118
<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee
It seems as though enormous heat was applied to Mars and actually melted rock, some blew up like balloons and then popped making them hollow some melted on the rims and others turned black and some to blops.

I don't think so, there aren't any signs of metamorphic rocks and no signs of melted sand.

So somehow you know the answer when they don't seem to know much yet. Give things time we have a lot to learn.
They don't even know what created the non water formed "blueberries" yet.

EFFECTS OF SHOCK METAMORPHISM ON PHYLLOSILICATE STRUCTURES AND
SPECTROSCOPY.
www.lpi.usra.edu...

wray.eas.gatech.edu...

Discovery - globally distributed metamorphic rock: One of the biggest surprises from CRISM is the discovery of widespread metamorphic rock, in which basalt or olivine-rich rock has been altered to new minerals. Common alteration minerals include silica, chlorite, and zeolite. All of these minerals form at lower temperatures and pressures than were experienced by much of Earth's metamorphic rock, which commonly contains mica, garnet, and amphibole. Mars' crust, instead, exhibits low-grade metamorphism. However, its metamorphic rocks are widespread.

crism.jhuapl.edu...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

ArMaP

funbox
the markings in the picture Char-Lee brought to our attention , the diagonal ones, or the circular one , are these from the wheels , because ive not seen them before , the diagonal ones that are apparent throughout the entire picture..

I haven't looked at all the photos, but this one shows those marks made by the wheel, specially on the bottom left corner. I think that in the photo Char-Lee posted they are more noticeable because of the angle the light is coming from.

I still don't understand what "circular" you are talking about, the dark spot?

edit on 24/3/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

it looks very similar to the center of this web, you can see it clearly without enlarging and although the rover leaves many lines I have not seen this shape on the wheels.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by ArMaP

well , they looks the same,it must be slightly wetter soil when we see these markings

as for the circle , hmm there are two that it could be, but I think its the multi circle ,feint lines ,and only partially visable ... Char-Lee ? did we clear that up ?

funBox

Well since on the original picture there is one of those near the web-like design, I suppose we can assume a relationship. it looks completely different to me, but I will say done.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Some more ruins/strangely eroded rectanguler formations in the top rightish of this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
large hangar type ruins.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Aleister
A change which came after years of mission planning and mission execution. So something must have changed, even though they did accomplish their mission of finding water, the type of water, and ascertaining if conditions for past life existed on Mars, etc. This new addition to the mission, in part, sounds a lot like what we are doing here, at least as I'm reading it.

I think that what changed was that they found things were slightly different from what they were expecting, so, while Curiosity was not made to look for life, they are doing the closest thing they can, look for signs of ancient, long gone life.

By leader I mean you are the admin in charge of keeping up this thread, and one aspect of having you do that is your past experience on Martian threads which is invaluable.

I'm not an admin, I'm a moderator, but on this thread I am just a member.

So the "leader" comment was my way of saying thanks for all of that and more, which could have been said by a post like this instead.

Thanks.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

funbox
well , they looks the same,it must be slightly wetter soil when we see these markings

No, extremely fine dust, like Portland cement, acts that way.

as for the circle , hmm there are two that it could be, but I think its the multi circle ,feint lines ,and only partially visable ... Char-Lee ? did we clear that up ?

I only got more confused with that.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Char-Lee
So somehow you know the answer when they don't seem to know much yet.

No, it's just my opinion, that's why I said "I think", I didn't say "I know", I leave that for those that think that their opinion is the absolute truth and ignore other people's opinions.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Char-Lee
it looks very similar to the center of this web, you can see it clearly without enlarging and although the rover leaves many lines I have not seen this shape on the wheels.

Sorry, I still don't see any thing similar to the centre of that web.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
You cant deny these ruins peteandkimmybird.files.wordpress.com...

Reminds me of something mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 24-3-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

its feint , adjusted curves helps

funBox

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

a ruinous place
, maybe its because of all the rocks eating the other rocks

from the picture you linked

maybe its an unusually layered cake rock

link

that piece at the back , the angles are so acute you can almost draw in the buildings

funBox

edit on 24-3-2014 by funbox because: wolves with no legs, leave long long trails

edit on 24-3-2014 by funbox because: add

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

You find the coolest things, with such imaginative descriptions of them that if I were prone to nightmares I'd be filming them!

Before we flow past these things, like the new rock-gulping rock, remember long ago (yesterday) when you found that transparent thing? Those were the days.

The new soon to be old nightmare pic, and isn't this detailed with lines and lines of lines. One of those large square white rocks shows up again, like a bad penny. Thanks symptomoftheuniverse, for finding and posting links to these pics, where some nice stuff was found today soon to be forgotten:

edit on 24-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

its the four dimples under the rippley bit that gets me .
is this some kind of mating ritual , enactment?

are we seeing the wonders of mars rock love ?

I think I may have had eat all wrong with the hunter prey malarkey

funBox

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

If you follow the ripples towards the top and to the ground, I can see the deposited eggs. And it's kind of a rippling thing you focused on up there on its oddly divided "top half" (Ripplingey's Believe It Or Don't).

Looking at the Rover itself, I'm a little surprised that except for the wheel damage the thing looks like it just rolled off the assembly line (which rovers should be made on, dozens of them a day), it's so clean and clear of dust.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

funbox

a ruinous place
, maybe its because of all the rocks eating the other rocks

from the picture you linked

maybe its an unusually layered cake rock

link

that piece at the back , the angles are so acute you can almost draw in the buildings

funBox

edit on 24-3-2014 by funbox because: wolves with no legs, leave long long trails

edit on 24-3-2014 by funbox because: add

That looks like some kind of sea shell too ..Lol guess everything is sea shells to me on mars...or insects or webs :0

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

You find the coolest things, with such imaginative descriptions of them that if I were prone to nightmares I'd be filming them!

Before we flow past these things, like the new rock-gulping rock, remember long ago (yesterday) when you found that transparent thing? Those were the days.

The new soon to be old nightmare pic, and isn't this detailed with lines and lines of lines. One of those large square white rocks shows up again, like a bad penny. Thanks symptomoftheuniverse, for finding and posting links to these pics, where some nice stuff was found today soon to be forgotten:

looking at curio-whats that splodgy white stuff? A glitch from image processing? Is this how they hide normal looking anomalies? A bit of scribble and blur perhaps.
edit on 24-3-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

ahh there goes the sweet loving theory
, that''ll be the kids then , learning the ropes

reply to post by Char-Lee

well to me it looks like two different materials, in an odd configuration, the darker rippley layer on top , with a nobbly , ...when I look at it I get this overwhelming feeling of distress, so ill just say victim

funBoc

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

Aleister
reply to post by funbox

looking at curio-whats that splodgy white stuff? A glitch from image processing?

Good eye, I didn't see that before. Obviously a Martian ghost. Martian ghosts are very solid white light things, with straight angles (just like those white rocks), and are attracted to technology.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

it was an accidental magic wand selection, parts of that section got wiped
, nothing to anomalous... I should redo really , but im feeling kinda knackered

thankfully they're not some weird kind of robot eating nano bots

--------------edit -------------

actually no, I cant take responsibility for that glitch .. the white one at the bottom near the rover ? looks a bit like a rough edged diamond streached

funBox
edit on 24-3-2014 by funbox because: ww

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

A giant conch lol.
My theory is those bumps are whats left of a grooved column.

new topics

top topics

<< 115  116  117    119  120  121 >>

join