It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 120
<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by Blue Shift

Here's another interesting Wikipedia page, a timeline of the mission, and they now seem to be actually looking for fossils (or signs of them)

Interesting, indeed. In case they actually find evidence for biosignatures at Gale, that - for itself - would greatly substantiate everything we do and look for in this thread ... let's keep our fingers crossed!

Meanwhile ... back at Yellowknife (yep, kinda 'revisited'):

Looks like something remotely 'spokey' on that edge. Could be reflections, though, difficult to tell ... might be worth checking this GigaPan of Yellowknife Bay (Sol 173), which has been completely remade using uncompressed data from the PDS imaging node.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Good find, and that gigapan is beautiful.

I can't load gigapans onto my machine, or take a chop of them ..... so......a little ways up and in from the bottom right hand corner there seems to be a vertebrae shaped "rock" which has a very flat thin section face-on to the camera (so you can see how thin it is). The flat section faces to the right, and it's got some vertebrae holes in the entire object.

Up a little ways from that one is something that looks like a scooped out bottom of an elongated shell or skull, open to the air with swooped up sides coming up from the bottom. Seems thin as well, but somewhere between bone thin and shell thin.

EDIT, a few minutes later: The shell/bottom skull is a little bit down, in-between your rock and the next largest rock, and then over to the right from where you found your possible spoke embed. The "vertebrae" is down from your object past the next largest rock, and then over to the right under the first object I describe. You'll know it when you see it, quite interesting.

SECOND EDIT series: I signed in and took pics of the two rocks, but can't upload them. Right above and to the right of the scooped out rock in a rock in the shape of an part of a male anatomy when in a state of "interested". I am full of shame for seeing that.

edit on 25-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2014 by Aleister because: removing word "the"

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

funbox
ahh
.. I see whats happened , you've not got the anomaly in frame , its cropped out in your blow up , you need to move a little more to the left say around 100 pixels

Yes, I see it now, thanks.

The comparison should be between this

and this

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

jeep3r
Interesting, indeed. In case they actually find evidence for biosignatures at Gale, that - for itself - would greatly substantiate everything we do and look for in this thread ... let's keep our fingers crossed!

It would substantiate many things, but not everything.

Could be reflections, though, difficult to tell ... might be worth checking this GigaPan of Yellowknife Bay (Sol 173), which has been completely remade using uncompressed data from the PDS imaging node.

Not uncompressed data, less compressed data, I have only seen some images from Sol 1 that were not compressed with loss of quality.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

seems like we have lift off

what did you think of that layered cake rock arMaP ? any ideas to whats happening here ?

funBox

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

The helmeted guy in a suit lifting off, lol lol lol

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse
Some more ruins/strangely eroded rectanguler formations in the top rightish of this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
large hangar type ruins.

I finally made some smaller images from that which show some very suspicious items.. Twilight zone type of things.

This one appears to be a logo imprinted on a transmission like thing, or bell housing. and it is centered like it would be expected to appear like. Looks like a C font or typeface with a pointed arrow at a right angle to the C

This next shows 3 items, one on bottom left looks like an old Egyptian hooked cross, one on lower right looks like a splined shaft that is broken. and the one top right looks like an eye-bolt..

And an object not framed seems to have some cable wrapped around it at equally distant winds..

Some of these things cannot exist without a metalshop , an engine lathe, and other high tech tools. What other explanation can there be for these to be there?
edit on 25-3-2014 by alienreality because: add

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

funbox
what did you think of that layered cake rock arMaP ? any ideas to whats happening here ?

I think it's a rock made from two layers of sediment, in this case both layers got "glued" to each other, while in most of the cases we have seen before on Mars the layers get separated from each other.

But that photo has something that I can stop thinking about, I think I have seen a rock with "bumps" like the one on the photo, but I can't remember where (and I have made my image database and search engine yet).

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I just spotted
, spaceman on a mission to Earth

reply to post by ArMaP

yes the bumps , a bit like those on a conch , or shell , or sstegosaurus's back

funBox

edit on 25-3-2014 by funbox because: w

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

What the heck is that little dinosaur looking thing?

That is mind boggling....

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

alienreality

symptomoftheuniverse
Some more ruins/strangely eroded rectanguler formations in the top rightish of this image mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
large hangar type ruins.

I finally made some smaller images from that which show some very suspicious items.. Twilight zone type of things.

This one appears to be a logo imprinted on a transmission like thing, or bell housing. and it is centered like it would be expected to appear like. Looks like a C font or typeface with a pointed arrow at a right angle to the C

This next shows 3 items, one on bottom left looks like an old Egyptian hooked cross, one on lower right looks like a splined shaft that is broken. and the one top right looks like an eye-bolt..

And an object not framed seems to have some cable wrapped around it at equally distant winds..

Some of these things cannot exist without a metalshop , an engine lathe, and other high tech tools. What other explanation can there be for these to be there?
edit on 25-3-2014 by alienreality because: add
good spot,the more you look at that image the more machine like the rocks look. Lately im having a form of Mars blindness where i see something in every little pebble lol. But i like to think curio is in the middle of some city/industrial area. What with platforms,flat areas and weird stonework like erosion and all-oh my.
The spokes remind me of airconditioning units everywhere.
Mars sure is weird and strangely beautiful.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   

ArMaP

symptomoftheuniverse
You cant deny these ruins peteandkimmybird.files.wordpress.com...

But I can doubt, some parts look reconstructed.
Doubt no more armap,they are partial ruins. And those in malta are also.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No thankyou aleister ,your so kind.
That rock has turned into a blackcat lol,it has spokes for brains.mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

That cabling or thin rope looking stuff that is wrapped around the center oblong piece even goes down past that and over a darker area, plus it curves around in a few places.. I just can't see how that is there unless someone caused it to be there.
I have seen plenty to confirm that, but at the same time can feel the social pressure to only see rocks. I was never very social though

edit on 25-3-2014 by alienreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I forgot to mention that I knew it was just the darker edge of the rock that had that shape

It would have been the first known living dinosaur that breathes almost pure Co2!

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   

ArMaP
I think it's a rock made from two layers of sediment, in this case both layers got "glued" to each other, while in most of the cases we have seen before on Mars the layers get separated from each other.

I think it would be reasonable to hypothesize that the layers are of different densities, and the lower layer could have easily eroded away faster than the top layer from exposure to that incessant gritty wind that blows around the planet.

But that photo has something that I can stop thinking about, I think I have seen a rock with "bumps" like the one on the photo, but I can't remember where (and I have made my image database and search engine yet).

Certainly, there are ripple shapes to be found on Mars. Some of them ripples in the sand. Some of them actual ripples in the ancient lake/sea bed caused by water. Erosion again, and you're left with little points left by the peaks in the ripples.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

ArMaP

It would substantiate many things, but not everything.

Correct, ArMaP ... it would certainly provide a more solid & credible foundation for many of our assumptions in this thread.

Not uncompressed data, less compressed data, I have only seen some images from Sol 1 that were not compressed with loss of quality.

I stand corrected. If you get the chance to, could you point to that uncompressed image from sol 1? Would be interesting to see the difference, especially in areas of poor contrast (which is where compression IMO does pretty much harm to quality and details) ...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Aleister
reply to post by jeep3r

I can't load gigapans onto my machine, or take a chop of them ..... so......a little ways up and in from the bottom right hand corner there seems to be a vertebrae shaped "rock" which has a very flat thin section face-on to the camera (so you can see how thin it is). The flat section faces to the right, and it's got some vertebrae holes in the entire object.

SECOND EDIT series: I signed in and took pics of the two rocks, but can't upload them. Right above and to the right of the scooped out rock in a rock in the shape of an part of a male anatomy when in a state of "interested". I am full of shame for seeing that.

Were you talking about these features/rocks?

Source (GigaPan)

As for taking images from GigaPan: I usually just take a snapshot of my screen (print key) while browsing through those panoramas. I then insert/copy the image from the clipboard/memory into some image editing software.

I often use PhotoFiltre 7 for that, it's freeware and does a good job for the most basic things. I then crop the image and it's ready for upload. Might be helpful, but I guess everybody's got their own way of grabbing images, so it's just how I usually go about ...

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

symptomoftheuniverse

That rock has turned into a blackcat lol,it has spokes for brains.mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

Thanks, that's another pic of the semi-faded spoke. The woman-with-ponytail shadow rock was an object of another thread by someone, but they missed the Spoke imprint probably because they hadn't followed this thread and knew that it was a hint of one of the fossil-things we are counting coup on. I'll post the spokey guy/gal/it and then the entire pic (so faint spoke is in context as well as you can see the ponytail girl shadow).

edit on 26-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

Thanks very much Jeep. I don't know how to do a screen grab, although it's probably just as simple as a hitting a couple of buttons. Maybe I'll make it my mission in life to learn (pretty low life mission expectation, maybe my mission for part of today).

The vertebrae piece is very thin on the right, especially the piece nearest the camera. It has some holes which further indicate biological bone (although I'm using speculative language here, rocks likely be rocks). If there were more than one of these laying about in the same place it would be more indicative of a vertebrae.

The other pic contains that semi-hollowed out rock, the bottom of the spine things skull no doubt. But the rock behind it to its right is one that indicates that Mars is very excited to be photographed (EDIT: Warning to young boys and girls, do not zoom in on that anatomically correct rock. Leave the zoom function to the adults in the room).

Source (GigaPan)

Here's the "vertebrae" rotated so we can see it as our brain is used to seeing vertebrae:

new topics

top topics

<< 117  118  119    121  122  123 >>

join