It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 116
<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

not in there ,(the wheel)

but two un-downloaded images , a rock ,that nasa have taken an interest in, I wonder why ?

resized

at the very bottom of the page pics

funBox
edit on 23-3-2014 by funbox because: weirdness

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

That's where I grabbed this one too, and does it look like an entire wheel-panel has been ripped off or I'm I reading this wrong? In any case this looks extremely serious, maybe mission ending at some point, or am I off by a country mile?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

The pic has both the rippling thing and to its left an almost-spoke creature. A two-fer.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

hopefully we will see the full size pictures, but yeah I didn't notice that spokey thing .

on the rippled thing there appears to be an impression of the spokey thing too.. hmmm

I think the rover wheels look ok from these pictures , those machined looking holes are fine , unless you mean some other holes I cannot see

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Just a rock!!!!

I love it...I love that you find these little guys. They got some tough skin.
What would rhino skin look like compacted like that in one of these images?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

funbox

hopefully we will see the full size pictures, but yeah I didn't notice that spokey thing .

on the rippled thing there appears to be an impression of the spokey thing too.. hmmm

I think the rover wheels look ok from these pictures , those machined looking holes are fine , unless you mean some other holes I cannot see

funBox

You're right, I missed the spokey impression on the rippling thing too, right next to the other spokey rock. They both seem to have rims going around them (which, I guess, would be the definition of rims).

EDIT, few minutes later: Wait, I see what you mean, an impression. Did that piece fall off of the larger rock, exposing the spokey thing inside which has left an impression? Dude! If so, if not a smoking gun at least a good smoke.

So having all those huge machine-looking holes in the wheel is alright? Is that how the wheels have always looked? If so, I don't know why large rocks don't get wedged up in one or all of them from time to time, luck of the draw maybe.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Justwatchingyou

a big piece of compacted rhino skin dropped from a great height ?
splat

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

given that they're blow ups from down sampled images, its best to see what turns into what , especially on the larger picture ,
I just hope they get downloaded

yes , ive thought about that , why never a lodged rock ? its not like we don't have enough pictures of the wheels , praise be to the mahli cam

another from that same page , downsampled

translucent ?

downsampled

funBox
edit on 23-3-2014 by funbox because: add

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

whatever that translucent/outlined/sand-repellent thing is, it's too weird for its shirt. Going have to open up either a zoo or a rock garden.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Char-Lee
yes the web shape the
" the concentric circles"

"Web shape"?
"Concentric circles"?
Where?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   

funbox
Maybe Char-Lee, you can see diagonal lines covering the whole picture , ive not seen this kind before , its almost like you would get if you was to scan an image on a really crap scanner , a scan moire

It's a print of a wheel of the rover, that's why it has the same pattern as the metal surface of the wheel.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

have you seen the marking's before, on the sand, like this ?

if you have fair enough , but then whats so special about this patch of ground that it shows up the metal finishing markings?

funBox

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

So little time has passed, yet so much catching up to do ... interesting finds again (love that outcrop from sol 574, the seemingly 'bent' sheets of rock, that 'screwy' feature etc.).

In addition to all that, I wonder where these vertical striations come from:

Source Image

If anyone happens to know the geological process that causes such segmentation, it'd be great to learn about how these could have formed ...

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jeep3r

well I doubt they are rover tracks
but then its possible they could be lines created by gas expulsion/ reaction,
hard to tell , maybe even feeding marks
its a rock eat rock world out there

funBox

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   

funbox
have you seen the marking's before, on the sand, like this ?

What markings, the markings from the wheels?

PS: it's always a good idea knowing what we are talking about first, right?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

the markings in the picture Char-Lee brought to our attention , the diagonal ones, or the circular one , are these from the wheels , because ive not seen them before , the diagonal ones that are apparent throughout the entire picture..

funbox

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I wonder what this is about, an entire mastcam series, Sol 578, looking at a couple parts of the Rover.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 24-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

You're right, I missed the spokey impression on the rippling thing too, right next to the other spokey rock. They both seem to have rims going around them (which, I guess, would be the definition of rims).

It seems as though enormous heat was applied to Mars and actually melted rock, some blew up like balloons and then popped making them hollow some melted on the rims and others turned black and some to blops.

I think the heat was enormous built than BANG collapsing, bursting, warping all on the planet that we have seen. Looking for objects that remain are distorted pieces.
edit on 24-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

As for heat, do any geologists among us know if the rocks we are seeing were buried deep in the ground until the meteor which made Gale Crater crashed into the ground (and how did water get in there, to fill the crater? Rain? Runoff from the sides?).

Wikipedia page on Gale Crater: en.wikipedia.org...(disambiguation) it won't link directly, they have a problem on some pages with that, but this page will get you there with some ingenuity.

Gale Crater formed when a meteor hit Mars in its early history, about 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago. The meteor impact punched a hole in the terrain, and the subsequent explosion ejected rocks and soil that landed around the crater. Scientists chose Gale Crater as the landing site for Curiosity because it has many signs that water was present over its history. Water is a key ingredient of life as we know it.
_____________...
Layering in the central mound (Aeolis Mons) suggests it is the surviving remnant of an extensive sequence of deposits. Some scientists believe the crater filled in with sediments and, over time, the relentless Martian winds carved Aeolis Mons, which today rises about 5.5 km (3.4 mi) above the floor of Gale Crater—three times higher than the Grand Canyon is deep.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

funbox
but two un-downloaded images , a rock ,that nasa have taken an interest in, I wonder why ?

The melty-looking bit of that rock is interesting, but I'm actually curious about the other feature:

top topics

<< 113  114  115    117  118  119 >>

join