It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity: Potential Anomalies (Update 01/2014)

page: 115
<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

I'm not fixated on any single theory though, just that Mars is a super strange planet that gives me the creeps and sometimes makes the hair on my neck stand up, when looking at some images.

Maybe you feel like this because it is really clear something devastating happened to the whole planet.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by Char-Lee

that one kind of screwy
, ive seen similar before but im struggling to find it

the statue on the picture you posted reminded me of ..

added a bit of pixilation for comparison

funBox

Thanks

Wow does that look different blown up! Not what it looked like at all!

Yes we have seen many (possible) statues imo, broken pottery also.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee
These are not new btw
Does anyone know if this weblike thing is something the rover did?

That's a mark of one of the rover's wheels.

Really? The web like circle? Left of the center hard to see? I haven't seen it make a mark like this before I thought maybe a tool of some kind
might.

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

upper left corner of the picture

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

funbox

that one kind of screwy
, ive seen similar before but im struggling to find it

the statue on the picture you posted reminded me of ..

added a bit of pixilation for comparison

funBox

That bottom picture of a Structure with a Face!!!...

That's quite clearly a Guy Fawkes mask!!!

Peace everybody!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

You got it

check out the nice 90 degree right angle on the end with 2 holes.. sure does look like a piece of discarded metal.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Really? The web like circle? Left of the center hard to see?

Why don't you (and everybody else) post an image pointing to what you are talking about instead of having other people try to guess what you're thinking?

I never liked charades.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

maybe he was a figure head that caused a long ancient revolution , maybe even the downfall of civilised Mars

funBox
edit on 23-3-2014 by funbox because: w

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee

Why don't you (and everybody else) post an image pointing to what you are talking about instead of having other people try to guess what you're thinking?

I never liked charades.

Sorry... I cut out the spot, but it is hard to see. I have now enlarged it and did quick fix to make it show and cut it smaller.

I actually always thought I was pretty good at not trying to make it a charades thing :-)

I always link the picture and tell where on it I am looking plus the cropped part.

it does look really interesting it is part way in the ground or seems to be.

upper left corner
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   

It looks like a small piece of soil that got slightly attached to the wheel and then fell, it looks like all the rest of the wheel "print" on the ground.

Edit: the small crop you posted is 1/575 of the whole image, not easy to find without good references, specially when you post a version that has the colours changed.
edit on 23/3/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   

ArMaP

Char-Lee

I never liked charades.

Does this work better?

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Char-Lee
Does this work better?

Yes, that's how I think everybody should do it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

hmm im not sure if you mean the small circle or the concentric circles that look like a weird artefact, cant be sure of that though

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

I see what you mean by the Guy Fawkes mask (a.k.a. the mask from the movie "V for Vendetta" which has become a meme). It even has the long mustache, an important indicator of the mask. Good eye!

funbox's pic combo:

edit on 23-3-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

ide laugh if the next find was a pair of hair clippers , a razor , or some scissors

knip&knoppedBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

ArMaP

It looks like a small piece of soil that got slightly attached to the wheel and then fell, it looks like all the rest of the wheel "print" on the ground.

Edit: the small crop you posted is 1/575 of the whole image, not easy to find without good references, specially when you post a version that has the colours changed.
edit on 23/3/2014 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

Thank you
The first one I posted did not have the color changed...I always also specify the area but for small things i can see it would be hard to find. i have not seen any part of the wheels that can make a round web like print so i am unsure how that could be from the wheel.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

funbox
reply to post by alienreality

you must mean this thing

or did I miss the mark ?

funBox

What in monkey's name is that? Looks like it could have fallen off the Rover and nobody would bat an eye if you told them that.

And funbox, the new bottom-rim rippling things you found are added to your collection of Rippling Things.

Some really good stuff since last time I glanced around. That corkscrew thing was needed, to open the BlueitBerry Wine!

And yes, the pic of the rover's wheels with the massive holes in them was off a link you provided some time back to the new pictures. "Holy Holes, Mars Black Cat Batman!"

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

funbox

hmm im not sure if you mean the small circle or the concentric circles that look like a weird artefact, cant be sure of that though

funBox

yes the web shape the
" the concentric circles"
So you think it is an jpeg artifact?

it gets interesting when they break the surface, it would be a good place for insects.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

yeah interesting that one , kind of looks like its snapped at the end , but I cant see any track nearby .. maybe it got drilled by the robotic arm and it got broken...

as for the rippling things, ill try to get a rotating gif gallery together , there must be over ten potential rippley things already , and im noticing more on old photos

again the question arises , what kind of erosion would cause this ? wind ? sand attrition ?
puzzling

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Maybe Char-Lee, you can see diagonal lines covering the whole picture , ive not seen this kind before , its almost like you would get if you was to scan an image on a really crap scanner , a scan moire

the circular patterns are against the other grain so to speak , so its difficult to be certain because they are opposed patterns

funBox

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   

funbox

cannie find that picture , is that from the new batch ?

funBox

From Mastcam Sol 574

top topics

<< 112  113  114    116  117  118 >>

join