It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Series? Or stand-alone? Either way, it'll be great, I'm sure. ROCK THE FORUM!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I really appreciate you, AI!. Just so you know.

I'm too brain-dead to do it right now, but when I awaken tomorrow, I'll be thinking about how to broach the subject.

Meanwhile.....CHEERS!!!

edit on 10/30/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Aw thanks. I've been suffering some moderate bipolar episodes these past couple of days, but you're one of the few who really pick it up for me. Yeah, better be sure to be bright and fresh for the next installment!
edit on 30-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
wildtimes
reply to post by AfterInfinity

wildtimes
Yeah, the near death experiences....
I finished the Moody book in one day...still going through the Atwater.But, I'm fairly well convinced that NDEs prove that there is an afterlife.

Another good read is any of Robert A. Monroe's books (founder the Virginina Institute of Applied Sciences) 'Journeys out of Body' 'Far Journeys' 'The Ultimate Journey'. He began having sponaneous out of body experiences and thought he was going mad; so created a setting (non intrusive as to environmental) sound proof booths and using an experimental 'hemi-sync' sound dynamic as the causal, to balance both sides of the brain 104Hz in one ear and 100Hz in the other created in his volunteer subjects (doctors, theoretical physists, electrical engineers etc) 'sponaneous' out of body experiences where they traveled, visited loved ones. NDEs do explain an afterlife, what he did was to take it to a completely different documented validified place. He could traverse time, explore the world in 3000AD, hes a spectacular read and fortunately was a wealthy enough businessman prior to this (radio stations owner/ communications) to fund and pursue this new science. If you were to Google "Hemi-Sync" his name will appear.
edit on 30-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
What about interlife? A life between lives?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
What about interlife? A life between lives?

Those are 'resting periods' (a safe place where you are totally loved unconditionally). You get council from your posse (higher selves), and recoupe or recover from the past life. You discuss what you failed in that lifes objective and then trampoline into another human form to once again correct the Karma displacement/balance with total amnesia. Its neverending, does not work and it MUST END as its an ongoing torture, tattering of the soul to progess the unsermountable, impossible. Its INSANE. Who set this system in place I have yet to find (but I will).

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I'm saying that I'm more inclined to believe in an interlife than an afterlife. A life between lives. Like an intercession. A review course maybe.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
I'm saying that I'm more inclined to believe in an interlife than an afterlife. A life between lives. Like an intercession. A review course maybe.

That is what I described; an intercession, a review that happens in a safe place that you are not at all in physicality, but wearing only your your spirit/soul suit naked. You have a life beyond the physical, YOUR REAL EXISTANCE is not as a human, this scenario is just a fun filled quest you orchestrated because you required growth, took a chance and are now existant upon this forum, expousing alternate/different ideaforms like the rest of us, causes me to wonder why I wound up here as well (even if it slips your memory), to meet you and other very intelligent beings; as a shared experience, a forum a dialoge of (hopefully) some substance that may make a difference.
edit on 30-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I never claimed you were a christian.
I said: "You AND the christians."
At no point did I say: "You christians" which would have made your statement correct.
You misunderstood me.

-Amitabha-

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Fundie would have you believe that one life of navigating the rigours of the material is enough, dropped into the carnal to fend for yourself, hopefully chancing upon the little golden book - the only instructional manual out...if not, it's hell for you...all brought to you by the Almighty, Loving God with whom you are infused, to make said decisions to get you back to where you were spawned from...who IS playing that game?

Interlife, intercession, intermission, holding bay, transit lounge...always good to have a time to reflect on what you've done, how you could do it better...then, you'd need a venue to do it...

Å99

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
akushla99
AfterInfinity
reply to post by vetting the humanbeing

AfterInfinity

Akushla99
Fundie would have you believe that one life of navigating the rigours of the material is enough, dropped into the carnal to fend for yourself, hopefully chancing upon the little golden book - the only instructional manual out...if not, it's hell for you...all brought to you by the Almighty, Loving God with whom you are infused, to make said decisions to get you back to where you were spawned from...who IS playing that game?

One life, never enough (a 7.99 plate at a Vegas buffet no second helpings) and the plate better be 3'x3'. The little golden book could take on the character of inheriting your fathers dynasty worth millions (that would make the one life so much easier). I love/loath the almighty, such a trickster AND HE IS MY CREATOR no less. Ive not yet grasped the game, as no rules were given with the game board (how do you read that huge black question mark in the middle) or the cast metal pieces that seem to be shaped in origami Swans, ducks, chicklets and pillow mints?

Akushla99
Interlife, intercession, intermission, holding bay, transit lounge...always good to have a time to reflect on what you've done, how you could do it better...then, you'd need a venue to do it...Å99

You missed "INTERSECTION" spagetti bowl, Eisenhower Expressway (dont turn the noodle road too fast or your car will spin off and wind up underneath at the cross streets of 666 St. and In The Weeds Ave). Youve told yourself every single lifetime "next time around I will be more prepared". NOPE because the Amnesia Laugh Factory gets right back to work connoodling with your next newest birth to overcome the last lifetime debacles. So, I imagine the game is to understand the fruitfullness/or fruitlessness of such exercises (but we are in it together right, as I suspect we have always been).
edit on 31-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
akushla99
AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity

Akushla99

One life, never enough (a 7.99 plate at a Vegas buffet no second helpings) and the plate better be 3'x3'. The little golden book could take on the character of inheriting your fathers dynasty worth millions (that would make the one life so much easier). I love/loath the almighty, such a trickster AND HE IS MY CREATOR no less. Ive not yet grasped the game yet, as no rules were given with the game board (how do you read that huge question mark in the middle) or the cast metal pieces that seem to be shaped in origami Swans, ducks, and chicklets and pillow mints?

Akushla99
Interlife, intercession, intermission, holding bay, transit lounge...always good to have a time to reflect on what you've done, how you could do it better...then, you'd need a venue to do it...Å99

You missed INTERSECTION spagetti bowl, Eisenhower Expressway (dont turn the noodle road too fast or your car will spin off and wind up underneath at the cross streets of 666 and In The Weeds). Youve told yourself every single lifetime "next time around I will be more prepared". NOPE because the Amnesia Laugh Factory gets right back to work connoodling with your next newest birth to overcome the last lifetime debacles. So, I imagine the game is to understand the fruitfullness/or fruitnessness of such exercises (but we are in it together right?).

Yep...what happens, happens...'down here' we like to absolutisise...expressway/spaghetti bowl/turnoff/intersection gives way in one form or another...here, or there...or anywhere...some laugh through horror movies, just for the laughs...no-one got forced, elbows into shoulder blades, to buy the ticket...but the longer you stay in the theatre (with the movie rerolling) it becomes your world...Trekkies, where are you?

Å99

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Eryiedes

Eryiedes
I never claimed you were a christian.
I said: "You AND the christians."
At no point did I say: "You christians" which would have made your statement correct.You misunderstood me.

Nitt-picking. You never claimed I was a Christian, but you lumped me into that vial cabal of very dedicated (obviously) sincere personality mixes. So, any being that holds strong personal faith doctines meets your evalution of YOU AND YOUR TYPE....would a satanist qualify, or a Sufi, or a Dogon, or an Aboriginal? What exactly are you, do you also fit your own standard of YOU AND and the Christians (insert ANY belief system here) for the YOU (meaning YOU Eryiedes) part. I like your name what does it mean?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
akushla99
vethumanbeing

[Akushla99
Yep...what happens, happens...'down here' we like to absolutisise...expressway/spaghetti bowl/turnoff/intersection gives way in one form or another...here, or there...or anywhere...some laugh through horror movies, just for the laughs...no-one got forced, elbows into shoulder blades, to buy the ticket...but the longer you stay in the theatre (with the movie rerolling) it becomes your world...Trekkies, where are you? Å99

Down there, under the expressway (who knows what goes on) Absolutism describes layers of concsiousness getting to the singlular event; either a car wreck or instant enlightenment. I wonder which would be be worse. Knowing The Truth Of All Things (Exponencially) or instant physical death; thats a tough one. The point of the 'game' is realizing you just bought a double feature ticket to see "The Passion of the Christ' and "Apocolypto" (6 hours of celluloid splendiforousness and you ate all of your big bucket double butter popcorn during the previews ughh).

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
akushla99
vethumanbeing

[Akushla99
Yep...what happens, happens...'down here' we like to absolutisise...expressway/spaghetti bowl/turnoff/intersection gives way in one form or another...here, or there...or anywhere...some laugh through horror movies, just for the laughs...no-one got forced, elbows into shoulder blades, to buy the ticket...but the longer you stay in the theatre (with the movie rerolling) it becomes your world...Trekkies, where are you? Å99

Down there, under the expressway (who knows what goes on) Absolutism describes layers of concsiousness getting to the singlular event; either a car wreck or instant enlightenment. I wonder which would be be worse. Knowing The Truth Of All Things (Exponencially) or instant physical death; thats a tough one. The point of the 'game' is realizing you just bought a double feature ticket to see "The Passion of the Christ' and "Apocolypto" (6 hours of celluloid splendiforousness and you ate all of your big bucket double butter popcorn during the previews ughh).

...or instant enlightenment, in a car wreck...
...and I can imagine myself being bitter and self-flagellating if I'd eaten all the popcorn (buttered, or not) only to find out I had to write a review on 'The Passion...' and 'Apocolypto' that I would have to subsequently live out...and not know I was acting...

Å99

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
akushla99
vethumanbeing

VHB

Akushla99
...and I can imagine myself being bitter and self-flagellating if I'd eaten all the popcorn (buttered, or not) only to find out I had to write a review on 'The Passion...' and 'Apocolypto' that I would have to subsequently live out...and not know I was acting...Å99

Ha! of course the two would be instantaneous, a 'merging' of sorts physical matter (like playdough "soy plastic C4") is connected to and zapped by a seemingly innocent idea (car battery current) just to see what happens. Both films torturous excursions into Mels Mind/vulcan Meldmind; in the end, what exactly was the point of there making, "see the ridiculousness of your lives" the noble quest called living or THIS IS YOUR TRUTH; and pay 9 bucks a ticket plus concession prices to watch your supposed history played out by human actors. Yes, I suppose you as the SURPRISE! you get to be the reviewer are a part of the action (didnt realize the nightmare kept on going/keeps on giving like a champ). I do like popcorn, especially when combined with Milkduds.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
akushla99
vethumanbeing

VHB

Akushla99
...and I can imagine myself being bitter and self-flagellating if I'd eaten all the popcorn (buttered, or not) only to find out I had to write a review on 'The Passion...' and 'Apocolypto' that I would have to subsequently live out...and not know I was acting...Å99

Ha! of course the two would be instantaneous, a 'merging' of sorts physical matter (like playdough "soy plastic C4") is connected to and zapped by a seemingly innocent idea (car battery current) just to see what happens. Both films torturous excursions into Mels Mind/vulcan Meldmind; in the end, what exactly was the point of there making, "see the ridiculousness of your lives" the noble quest called living or THIS IS YOUR TRUTH; and pay 9 bucks a ticket plus concession prices to watch your supposed history played out by human actors. Yes, I suppose you as the SURPRISE! you get to be the reviewer are a part of the action (didnt realize the nightmare kept on going/keeps on giving like a champ). I do like popcorn, especially when combined with Milkduds.

He he...well, for me old Mellie boy never really outgrew his character in Tim, but that's just me talkin'...and probably a bit unkind, anywaaay...
Yeah, exactly...'Come on down, Joe Human, this is your truth!'...brilliant comedy skit, if made...oh...it's real...'cept it's only ever show on those 'community' channels, blockbusters - bust the block, mirror balls, bells and whistles, spinning pinwheels, erky clowns, explosions, car crashes, madatory love scene, goofy offsider, evil villain...gotta keep the arc...

It's like you said...Whose Line is it Anyway - freeform theatre sports, aisles, seats AND screen used on the making of this feature length extravaganza...what's not to laugh at? He he

Å99

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
akushla99
vethumanbeing

VHB

Akushla99
He he...well, for me old Mellie boy never really outgrew his character in Tim, but that's just me talkin'...and probably a bit unkind, anywaaay...Yeah, exactly...'Come on down, Joe Human, this is your truth!'...brilliant comedy skit, if made...oh...it's real...'cept it's only ever show on those 'community' channels, blockbusters - bust the block, mirror balls, bells and whistles, spinning pinwheels, erky clowns, explosions, car crashes, madatory love scene, goofy offsider, evil villain...gotta keep the arc...

Kevin K displayed the same egocentric tendencies (god complex 'dancing with the wolf breeds FOR REAL' and other blockbuster flops he financed; backed by Mr. Mondo Bucks, studio advertising dollars and sinister distribution rights for the always popular small venues behind the hand smirks ("humans welcome").

[Akushla99
It's like you said...Whose Line is it Anyway - freeform theatre sports, aisles, seats AND screen used on the making of this feature length extravaganza...what's not to laugh at? He he
Å99

There is a message here that NO ONE GETS, its so obvious, started with the One and only Roman Colluseum (appease the masses so they DONT REVOLT) and hasnt ended. One was real blood guts and dishoner the other just fakery film. The two do the same thing, quell the masses with entertainment (taking the money same DVD seen once produced a no brainer; a Plus-plus) and keep us satisfied. Religious movies? why not; a little riling up of the various factions (controversey) never hurts the box office figures.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
I like your name what does it mean?

Tashi Delek,

It doesn't mean anything.
I just made it up.
It confuses almost everyone who reads it...it looks gender neutral so they have no idea if it's indicative of male or female.
Anything to uphold my status as an "enigma".
As for "what I am"?
Just another human being on a journey but "atheist" suits me best I imagine.

-Amitabha-
edit on 31-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Sentiment

edit on 31-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 31-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Error

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Eryiedes

vethumanbeing
I like your name what does it mean?

Eryiedes
Tashi Delek,
It doesn't mean anything.I just made it up.
It confuses almost everyone who reads it...it looks gender neutral so they have no idea if it's indicative of male or female.
Anything to uphold my status as an "enigma".

Are you sure you made it up? Mine came from someone out there that told me "you are to be Veteran HumanBeing because that is exactly what you are, a veteran of the specie and also because while you dont know it yet you are going to singlehandedly Vet the Human" (just as you vet a job applicant). What Ive found is that I can distort the name to suit a thread, in some cases become a Veterinarian etc. I have a feeling there is more to your made up name than you think, it almost sounds like an ancient philosopher from another realm.

Eryiedes
As for "what I am"?
Just another human being on a journey but "atheist" suits me best I imagine.

At least you have a belief system you are exploring, as in not an agnostic; (throw ones hands in the air and not have to contemplate big questions). That takes courage (niftly skirted my own ideological leanings).

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join