It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

Hola,

I thought you'd get a good laugh outta this one sir:

Connolly on Religion:

www.youtube.com...

Billy Connolly on Christians and Christian Rock:

www.youtube.com...

Patton Oswalt - Sky Cake:

www.youtube.com...

I'm still laughing.

-Amitaba-

edit on 28-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

edit on 28-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Added Link

edit on 28-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Another Link

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
AfterInfinity
reply to post by FlyersFan

afteinfinityI forgot what it's called...but the biggest problem in Islam is this thing where if two verses directly contradict each other, the more recent will be taken as the supreme authority. Maybe someone can help me out with that, but that's the reason Islam is so violent. The last divine messages Muhammad relayed were directives which reflect the current state of Islam.

The tribal law "Sharia" overrides all of Mohammeds good works in his "confusionistic" writing of the 'Quran'. Its really a sad state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

No, Wildtimes nailed it earlier. Abrogation. That's the reason Islam is so violent now. The book I learned about it from actually based its plot on the fictional premise that Muhammad was given a final divine revelation before his death...a revelation decreeing peace between religions. Due to abrogation, such a revelation would turn Islam on its head.

Just one example of how abrogation really messes with Islam.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
No, Wildtimes nailed it earlier. Abrogation. That's the reason Islam is so violent now. The book I learned about it from actually based its plot on the fictional premise that Muhammad was given a final divine revelation before his death...a revelation decreeing peace between religions. Due to abrogation, such a revelation would turn Islam on its head.
Just one example of how abrogation really messes with Islam.

Well, my thoughts are that abrogation abolishes or annuls 'by offical means' (that would be the dug in heels current Shiria Law apostates-- there is no belief system here acting or acknowledging-- other than that OF Power and Subjegation) 'put aside/nulify or put an end to'. I heard that the reason a mosque was placed over Solomons Temple Mt in Jeruselem is because Mohammeds spirit upon death accended from that location (was this part of a diabolical plot to confuse). He died in Medina. Is this part of the story telling, to combine by using the PEACE card (Joker) all religions, and might thwart/stop the fighting against each other and be one with the creator as its children? What Creator allows this insanity in the first place.
edit on 28-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I don't have an answer for that. Although i would suggest you actually read up on the stuff before making opinions about what it all means. You can't just invent it and expect it to fly, unless your last name is Wright.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
I don't have an answer for that. Although i would suggest you actually read up on the stuff before making opinions about what it all means. You can't just invent it and expect it to fly, unless your last name is Wright.

An answer for what exactly? I am reasonably well read and assure you anyones "opinions" are just what they are, (everyone has one take them for what they are worth to you); just connecting dots here and there. I dont invent world history (its already here/happened you could say). I have invented nothing; I just interpret PAST EVENTS as THEY EXIST in this time frame; I observe them and spit them back out to suit my understanding OF WHAT JUST/MAY HAVE HAPPENED. My 'last' name is the least thing to be concerned about.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

To this:

Well, my thoughts are that abrogation abolishes or annuls 'by offical means' (that would be the dug in heels current Shiria Law apostates-- there is no belief system here acting or acknowledging-- other than that OF Power and Subjegation) 'put aside/nulify or put an end to'.

The only part of your post I cared to respond to, given it directly addressed my point. Abrogation cares nothing for your opinion. Abrogation simply is.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

Vethumanbeing Well, my thoughts are that abrogation abolishes or annuls 'by offical means' (that would be the dug in heels current Shiria Law apostates-- there is no belief system here acting or acknowledging-- other than that OF Power and Subjegation) 'put aside/nulify or put an end to'.

AfterInfinity
The only part of your post I cared to respond to, given it directly addressed my point. Abrogation cares nothing for your opinion. Abrogation simply is.

The other parts scared you away, and you still remain unresponding to relevant dialoge: as in NOT CARING (AS IN DID NOT RESPOND) did not bother to put aside nulify or put an end to; and ARE a poster child for ABROGATION a wordism LIVING IN THE FLESH and trying to teach me about Shiria LAW; unwilling to speak of the complexity of its linguistic/cultural/historically misunderstood nature. So are YOU SIMPLY its sandwich board sign, "Abrogation is Relevant" 5.00 dollar donation and you recieve a halloween candied apple (VFW middle eastern local; contribution =distribution=happy trick or treaters).
edit on 28-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by logical7

So Logical ....back to the question posed by the author of this thread ...
Why are you so afraid of the words that Muhammad himself said?
Why won't you admit that he said them?
Is indoctrination more important to you than facts?
It's a fact that he said them and that your religion is based on them.
So why avoid his words?

i have told you, your comparison has a twofold problem. One, It cannot be proven that Jesus pbuh said those things so it has to be taken on faith. Two, most of what you said about Muhammad pbuh is your opinion and on the other hand i have read more about him and its not the way you think it is and historians and thinkers disagree with you.

You should also address the questions in the op. why rather than investigating your own faith in a man being god, you are zealous to prove another faith wrong? Maybe to convince yourself that your faith is true by eliminating other faiths rather than a direct inquiry into your own as that is so so scary!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

logical7
It cannot be proven that Jesus pbuh said those things

- Muhammad didn't prove that ANYTHING he said was true. And yet you buy his fiction.
- The writings attributed to Jesus were from eyewitness accounts.

Your comment was pretty much .. 'which makes more sense' ... the answer is simply that
- Muhammad obviously made up a bunch of stories almost 700 years after the events, whereas the gospels were written with eyewitness accounts.
- Jesus was a man of peace who proved his words with miracles, but Muhammad was a sex obsessed murderer who proved nothing.

By your own standard ... 'it can not be proven that Jesus said those things' ... well, it cannot be proven that Muhammad told the truth and in fact everything he said can be easily debunked. So why don't you dump the Qu'ran and Islam since the Qu'ran stories are obviously completely made up? Why are you so afraid to admit the truth?? That's the question of the thread.

most of what you said about Muhammad pbuh is your opinion

No dude. What I said came from his own words and actions.
Jesus healed. Muhammad killed. It's just that simple.

why rather than investigating your own faith in a man being god, you are zealous to prove another faith wrong?

Seriously??? You don't think I looked at it??? I pound on stupidity all across the so-called 'abrahamic' faiths and you think I haven't looked at the gospels? Yeah .... that makes sense. NOT!

Oh and I don't have to be 'zealous' to prove Islam wrong'. I"m just exposing it to the light of day. All it's ugliness is well exposed in the sunlight of truth. It's not my fault that Islam is such an easy target. Blame Islam ... heck, blame Muhammad for telling stories that are so easily proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

"I've heard it said that atheism is a bad thing because it renders us something more machine than human, something cold and calculating instead of warm and understanding. It appears they may have a point." Quote AfterInfinity

...as opposed to Joe Fundie, who will, with teeth flashing through a two-faced smile, tell you you're going to hell for not accepting the invitation to the jebus party...that would seem the definition of coldness and calculation...with spectacularly unwarm and non-understanding exchanges...prophet of love, with leech wannabees, spreading hate and intolerance...

Love...don't ya love it?!

Å99

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Islam is the way it is because of abrogation. That is my point. Are you telling me I'm wrong? Because other than that, I am no expert and furthermore, do not care.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
It is so surreal to witness to fully grown adults pretend that fiction is fact and making comparisons between the two as if they were comparing car owner manuals.
They are almost making themselves hysterical over this and WITH NO FACTS OR PROOF AT ALL.
There is more evidence alluding to the existance of Spongebob Squarepants than there is of Jesus or Allah and yet they just bat around lie after lie and clutching to them for a moral compass the way Scrooge McDuck clings to gold.
Moments like these are why I am ashamed of humanity.

-Amitabha-

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Hey wildtimes ... this might be helpful for the theme of your topic.

KRISHNA - 5,200 years ago. No documentation.

ABRAHAM - 4,000 years ago. Discussion here

MOSES - 3,000 years ago. Information here Highly disputed. Old Testament and Jewish stories but no other confirming information. Archeological information puts the Exodus story as not having happened.

BUDDAH - 2500 years ago. It's unclear if the original Buddha (Siddhartha Gautama.) was actually one person or if the stories are a conglomeration of people put together to create a folklore character (that is disputed among historians). It was 400 years after when he supposedly lived that documentation was attempted to be made about his life (if he lived at all).

JESUS - 2000 years ago. The only accounts of Jesus from close to his time period are the gospel accounts. Eyewitness accounts written as told to followers of those eyewitness. No historical documentation other than that has been found.

MUHAMMAD - 1400 years ago. Qu'ran accounts give some information. Syriac, Greek, and Armenian sources confirm he was real (not that his teachings were authentic, but that he actually existed). The Hadith was written 100-300 years after Muhammad was alive. So their accuracy is highly suspect.

edit on 10/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Really? That's all you found? I could have sworn there was at least three more in that list...

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Thanks for that!!

Nice outlining and links. Today I was watching a (2000) PBS documentary

I got about halfway through the second hour so far. The feats of architecture, art, science, numbers, paper, etc. that came out of Islam as they expanded their empire is quite remarkable.

However, in the documentary, it tells the story of how Muhammed was orphaned by age 6, raised by his uncle (and under his protection), but when his uncle and wife died, people ran him out of town. That's when he went north to Medina with a few followers.

He DIED two years after he 'retook' Mecca (and didn't kill anyone, supposedly, although he and his army had slaughtered 1,000s of the Meccans and other Bedouin tribes' armies over a period of YEARS. (Three, I believe). Then, after they all moved back to Mecca and took over, two years later, he died. What happened after that is when the Empire got bigger, over a couple hundred years etc.

But yeah, he armed his guys, and they fought the people who didn't like them. There was one mention of him being invited to help the tribes "make peace" for repairs on the Kabba.

It didn't say anything about him flying to Heaven on a horse, but immediately after he died, the Shia and Sunnis started in on each other, fighting over whether his son-in-law/cousin should be his successor, or "a wise one of the elders" that they were supposed to choose from among everyone.

Ever since, they don't get along.

Very brutal society. Still warring with each other today.
edit on 10/29/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Edited because AfterInfinity was kidding around and I didn't get the joke.
So ... self edited.

edit on 10/29/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

It was a joke. But don't worry, I'll stop being light-hearted and just hard-nose it the rest of the thread. Lemme fetch my axe and grind it.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
It was a joke.

Ahhh okay. Nevermind then. It's hard to tell on the internet forums and with you ... it can be REALLY hard sometimes to get a read on you. That being said, I thought about posting the Southpark Mormon episode along with the Southpark Scientology Episode (Come out of the closet). Maybe I should anyways.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Really? That's all you found? I could have sworn there was at least three more in that list...

Here are three ...

Southpark Mormon Episode
dum dum dum dum dum smart smart smart smart smart
Southpark Scientology Episode - Come Out Of The Closet
And not that it's a religion, but it's a way of life -
Southpark Goth Kids 3 - Dawn of the posers
Goth vs Emo vs Vampire

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join