It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

vethumanbeing
Are you sure you made it up?

I'm positive.
It didn't exist before I put it to paper.
It came from the furthest recesses of my mind.

I have a feeling there is more to your made up name than you think, it almost sounds like an ancient philosopher from another realm.

I won't say that it doesn't sound like it wouldn't be right at home in greek mythology but I assure you that was purely accidental. The name is nearly two decades old now but I am the only Eryiedes I know of.
I just wanted an original name that no one would EVER think to choose when playing my favorite videogames.
I no longer play videogames but the name stuck.

-Amitabha-

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eryiedes

Vet got the same impression I did. There's a distinctly Greek taste to your name. It's cool.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

AfterInfinity
Vet got the same impression I did. There's a distinctly Greek taste to your name. It's cool.

20 years, I dont know why it wouldnt wonder why it chose the name. Interesting (Id be all over it) its personal and was not grab bagged out of thin air? Oh Well.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I might steal it for my writings...which I don't make any money off of, and whose readers I've never met. I hope you don't mind.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   

AfterInfinity

I might steal it for my writings...which I don't make any money off of, and whose readers I've never met. I hope you don't mind.

Morning,

No, I don't mind at all.
Immitation is still the most sincere form of flattery...so color me flattered.
(Best of luck that your writing knocks their socks off!)

-Amitabha-

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

What about the prospects of questioning a whole book of 27 chapters. Think of that one?

Never start a good book in the middle. Always at the beginning. About half way through. Youll understand the plot and the plan. The manipulations of Gods words and the lies that are abound.

Moses, put off your shoes. your on Holy ground.

edit on 3-11-2013 by jyajoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jyajoe

What about the prospects of questioning a whole book of 27 chapters. Think of that one?

Never start a good book in the middle. Always at the beginning. About half way through. Youll understand the plot and the plan. The manipulations of Gods words and the lies that are abound.

First of all, Welcome to ATS!

Secondly, yes, of course I 'thought of that one.' The Bible is NOT assembled in proper chronological order; its authors are NOT identified by any scholars (they are forgeries, or pseudoepigraphs); and there is NO EVIDENCE that is tangible that they are anything but myth and folklore.

Having said that, reading it from cover to cover is misleading. Predominantly the parts where "prophecies" seem later to be fulfilled.

Never WRITE anything in a book that you don't intend to be "important." Rule number one of fiction or journalism or screenplays or plays or any other piece of literature. Therefore, all the "prophecies" being fulfilled only points to them having been written. I've said before, I've written the equivalent of a trilogy - of over 175 thousand words, 574 pages. I would split it up into three to make word counts compatible with publishers' requirements, that's why I call it a trilogy - there are three distinct 'parts' to it.

The trick in writing it was pulling EVERYTHING together, not leaving anyone hanging. It is the craft of writing, and NATURALLY those who compiled this "handbook for the Empire" would assemble it in such a way that the prophecies "appear" to be fulfilled by the follow-up (NT).

Honestly, I can't tell whether your suggesting people need to read it cover to cover (the Bible, that is) to get it, or in order to see how manipulated and corrupted it is. Can you clarify please?

Welcome, again, to our little corner of cyberspace. I noticed your posts in a few of the other threads I've been party to. Is this your main subject of interest? We can always use another head to sort things out!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Check your messages. I don't make any money off of them, either, but I keep pumping them out!!

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

If I made so much as a half pence off of my current stories, I would be sued for so much I'd be indebted to some agency or another for the remainder of my natural life. We'll leave it at that.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Very brutal society. Still warring with
each other today.

you know about USA? They killed millions of natives to take their land and even now killing millions all over the world to get their resources. Very Parasitic Society indeed!

Now what would you call the above opinion? Ill-informed? Ignorant? Hate motivated?

Anyways moving on..
The documentary does show some bare facts but is not free from westernised interpretations of facts presented as truths.
You may find interesting and educating, a movie availabe on youtube called "The Message."

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

JESUS - 2000 years ago. The only accounts of Jesus from close to his
time period are the gospel accounts.
Eyewitness accounts written as told to
followers of those eyewitness. No
historical documentation other than
that has been found.

Eyewitness accounts?
You mean there are gospels available(the copies) that were actually written by the disciples?
I am sorry but the answer is NO.
The gospels also don't have any internal evidence to suggest its authorship except the names given to them which was done much later.

They cannot be proven to be true and actually reporting about what Jesus pbuh really said or not.
That story of the adulteress is a later addition and it is not found in the earliest manuscripts. So you at least have to accept that the gospels have been tampered with to project a certain official image of Jesus pbuh. Enough for anyone to question the official creed unless its all accepted on faith!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

You try to shout down the validity of the gospels that were written right after Jesus was alive and yet you refuse to admit that the Qu'ran, which was written almost 700 years later, is a proven TOTAL FRAUD. You can see why people don't take your complaints seriously, right?

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Don't be afraid of the truth.
Truth is more important than indoctrination.

ATS Thread - Did Exodus Really Happen? Probably Not
ATS Thread - Did Abraham Ever Really Exist?
ATS Thread - Abraham. True Prophet of God or Something Else?
ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men

For those who want to really know God ... don't cling to lies.
Search for truth no matter where it takes you.
edit on 11/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Don't be afraid of the truth.
Truth is more important than indoctrination.

ATS Thread - Did Exodus Really Happen? Probably Not
ATS Thread - Did Abraham Ever Really Exist?
ATS Thread - Abraham. True Prophet of God or Something Else?
ATS Thread - 10 Commandments Doctrine of Men

For those who want to really know God ... don't cling to lies.
Search for truth no matter where it takes you.
edit on 11/6/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

these links are not a problem for me, they are actually a BIG problem for you.

You claim that Jesus pbuh claimed divinity by the statement "before Abraham was, I am"

so Jesus pbuh is talking about Abraham, he also says that Abraham pbuh was happy to see that one day Jesus pbuh would be among people, so how did Abraham pbuh know this unless he was a prophet? And Jesus pbuh talking about Abraham pbuh should be enough for you to accept Abraham's existence and prophethood. How can you deny the initial part of a statement yet accept the "I am" part to believe a tall claim of divinity. If you believe Jesus pbuh as god, then do you not believe everything your god says? Thats something!!

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I agree with you on this point. We DON'T know who actually wrote them, nor have we found the "originals" (if they still exist). The gospels cannot be taken as "truth" because they are 50th-hand transations of transations of copies of copies of copies - all of which likely contain errors (they were not xeroxed), as well as being only hearsay, much like the stories of King Arthur, or William Wallace (Braveheart), or any other legendary figure that may or may not have existed.....(William Wallace DID, in fact, exist, and there are suggestions about which historical king Arthur is based on - but that doesn't make the LEGENDS truth.

ON THE OTHER HAND,
NONE of what Muhammed said can be proven, either! None of it. He might have said it, and others memorized what he said, eventually to write it down in different 'dialects', but HE HIMSELF wrote NOTHING - so, there's no proof except HEARSAY - based on what his hearers heard him say - there is NO PROOF.

Both "religions" that have grown out of them are faulty. Muhammed already knew about Jesus; he did not come up with something "new" - he came up with his own "version" of morality, which was oppressive, negative, and repetitive of what the Jews said, but added in the "hell" stuff (which is not in the Bible, not really).

Therefore, I toss them both out insofar as they claim to be "the real and only truth." Hogwash.

edit on 11/6/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

FlyersFan

You try to shout down the validity of the gospels that were written right after Jesus was alive and yet you refuse to admit that the Qu'ran, which was written almost 700 years later, is a proven TOTAL FRAUD. You can see why people don't take your complaints seriously, right?

The Qur'an just says that there is Only One God and I believe that.
For me events before history started being recorded may or may not have happened.

Hindus say that Krishna was a god incarnate. They have his sayings and accounts of his life so do i start worshipping krishna?
Hindus believe it and worship him just like what christians do to Jesus pbuh.

For me to start worshipping a man, i would require very concrete proofs not just some nice sayings attributed to him. Krishna has a lot of sayings that are nice and loving etc etc.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

For me to start worshipping a man, i would require very concrete proofs not just some nice sayings attributed to him. Krishna has a lot of sayings that are nice and loving etc etc.

Again, I agree.

So why, then, do you "worship" a "book" of not-nice sayings? Muhammed was not God - there is no evidence that any Divine Messenger came to him - he just SAID one did. I could say the very same thing - does that mean anything? Only that I said it.

Spirituality is a PERSONAL PATH. Period. No other person's set of values or worldview is relevant to mine except that I can compare and contrast, absorb and reflect on, what others say and how they experience life and the concepts of the unseen.

The "rules" are not necessary. Islam is particularly "rule-heavy", and not receptive of others' views or experiences - just like we all don't live in the same home, society, body, or even family - because we all are UNIQUE. WE ALL have the capacity to be enlightened.

Diet and wardrobe and who one is allowed to "talk to" -- and all the other "regulations" are unnecessary and confusing. They hold people BACK. Sorry you're not able to let go and think for yourself.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Thanks a lot for agreeing with me.

I must say that it can be very easily proven that what we have now as Qur'an and Hadiths were actually said by Muhammad pbuh.

There is a whole science of transmission of narrations that deals with it and each statement can be traced back to Muhammad pbuh and if it can't or the people in the chain are of doubtful character/memory etc, then that narration is discarded as unreliable/forged.

The narrations that can be found coming exactly the same through multiple unrelated chains are called "mutawatir"

the whole Qur'an is mutawatir and many many hadiths too.

The rest hadith get graded according to their reliability as
strong, weak, doubtful, forged etc.

Imam Bukhari and Imam Muslim spend their whole lives collecting and grading these and from them you have the more known collections named Sahih Bukhari and Sahih Muslim.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

I must say that it can be very easily proven that what we have now as Qur'an and Hadiths were actually said by Muhammad pbuh.

Fine. I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is the FACT that it can't be PROVEN that a Divine Messenger TOLD HIM THOSE THINGS. All it means is that he "said" those things. I can say, today, that a Divine Messenger came to my bed last night and told me the actual Truth about EVERYTHING.

Can you say it's a lie? Can you say it isn't?

No. Can it be written down? It has been. Right there ^^^^^ . You are witnessing that I said it. I acknowledge that I said it. You can write it down in Pashtu or Urdu or Sanskrit or whatever you like, but since I can't READ those languages, nor do I SPEAK them, I can't confirm whether or not the copies or quotes are accurate (much like so many today say "the media tells lies about me and misrepresents what I actually said") to begin with, and would tell a reader to ASK ME THEMSELVES, rather than believing what someone Said or Wrote that I said. For that information to be uncorrupted, one must GO STRAIGHT TO THE SOURCE. (me).

Could I prove my claim? No. Neither can anyone else. But no one can disprove it, either. My dogs could serve as "eyewitnesses" that I, in fact, wrote it, just now. But they can't TELL YOU about it, can they?
Therefore, what you have is a written statement by a person who you have never seen, and you are taking what I say "on faith", or you can call me a liar and a fraud. But I have not murdered anyone, nor have I claimed I was a "prophet."

That's all there is to it. NEITHER faith has "proof" of ANY of it being "the Truth." Only people saying it is. And Jesus said we can all do the things he did. Now, with modern knowledge, we are beginning to. This actually lends more credence to Jesus, and LESS to Muhammed, who merely repeated old ideas and then became an AGGRESSIVE murderer. (The 'reasons' notwithstanding - a spiritually advanced being does not MURDER OTHERS, for ANY REASON - not even 'revenge'.)

And they ESPECIALLY to do not murder others just so that the people they're NOT going to murder feel "special" when the aggressor arrives, fully expecting him to murder THEM as well. That's called being a murderer and then attacking someone else but NOT murdering them instead, and then telling them you are a prophet and a good guy. Does that make a person not a psychopathic, homicidal maniac? NO. It makes them a narcissistic power-monger who holds the threat of death over people's heads, thusly BROWBEATING them into submission.

edit on 11/6/13 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Thanks again.

1st. I do not worship a book. I only worship God and yes i agree that spirituality is personal.
Tell me do you think that hindus who worship krishna do not feel spiritual? Well they do.
Spirituality can be attached to anything and it would give a certain degree of peace. People in India worship living human beings as god!!

The important thing to to attach that spirituality to the One God that really created us and not created things/beings be it the sun,son, angels etc

and Qura'n has not so nice sayings?? =)
i didnt see any yet.

And i have concluded that we humans cannot figure out the "truth" ourselves so if we are supposed to know it then it has to be "revealed" by God.
If there is no revelation as you believe then we can search the truth but can never be certain of it and it seems odd to always remain uncertain even about the basic truths like is death the end and if there is uncertainty then its actually wise to live materialistically because if death is the end, why should i worry about being good and suppress my desires just because they encroach someone else's freedom/will.

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join