It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is so scary about thinking, or discovering, your Religion is false?

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It was a joke. But don't worry, I'll stop being light-hearted and just hard-nose it the rest of the thread. Lemme fetch my axe and grind it.

LOL!!!

Nah, don't be so hard-nosed ALL the time!!!

Add a couple of lame emoticons from the list to let us know.... or just type in /sarcasm....or something.....

Luv ya!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

FlyersFan

Southpark Mormon Episode
dum dum dum dum dum smart smart smart smart smart

Lol. That's a nice one

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I am having a very soul-wearying experience right now in that thread I messaged you. Don't bother attending, it's a brawl between the two parties and moderators are already swinging left and right to clear the action.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

It's hard to tell on the internet forums and with you ... it can be REALLY hard sometimes to get a read on you

It's intentional. Ad hominem is a favorite around here.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
AfterInfinity
reply to post by vethumanbeing

afterinfinity
Islam is the way it is because of abrogation. That is my point. Are you telling me I'm wrong? Because other than that, I am no expert and furthermore, do not care.

You are the expert in non-quoting and two sentences equal a cohesive arguement. You dont (or are unable to have a conversation). I gave you the definition of abrogation, and for some reason seem to miss that you are in FACT ONCE AGAIN ITS POSTER CHILD. Alfred E. Newman: "What Me Worry?" accuse you of being in the wrong, even if you (in a backhanded compliment to yourself) admit your ignorance (and so in adolescent petulance say "I DO NOT CARE"). Who are these minions starring your posts as I just dont get it. "THE BULLIES UNITED LEAGUE"?
edit on 29-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
akushla99

afterinfinity
"I've heard it said that atheism is a bad thing because it renders us something more machine than human, something cold and calculating instead of warm and understanding. It appears they may have a point."

You have proclaimed/exhibited atheistic leanings in both of your threads (which I enjoyed very much reading). In most of your responses to others threads demonstrate a "dug in heels, trench warfare" position. It is in your own words "renders US something more machine..." and in so saying you acknowlege yourself (I have nothing against athiests, or ANY expression of a belief system as all are critical as a growth dynamic for the human to rise in frequency).

Akushla99
...as opposed to Joe Fundie, who will, with teeth flashing through a two-faced smile, tell you you're going to hell for not accepting the invitation to the jebus party...that would seem the definition of coldness and calculation...with spectacularly unwarm and non-understanding exchanges...prophet of love, with leech wannabees, spreading hate and intolerance...Love...don't ya love it?! Å99

Ah yes, the IDEA pronounced two-faced smile 'carrot dangle trickery' (diabolical) in its cold calculated confusion; is it leadership or is it just a spanking, (a visiousness beating ensues). It is spectacular, especially to witness the innocent that just happened to wander in to a fray they never would have expected (just by casually/commenting the fearsome opinion). Spread the hate, layered with a modicom of acceptance of YOU, a couple of stars and there you have it "a brand new version of "I Love To Hate" Religion TM patent pending.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You are the expert in non-quoting and two sentences equal a cohesive arguement. You dont (or are unable to have a conversation). I gave you the definition of abrogation, and for some reason seem to miss that you are in FACT ONCE AGAIN ITS POSTER CHILD. Alfred E. Newman: "What Me Worry?" accuse you of being in the wrong, even if you (in a backhanded compliment to yourself) admit your ignorance (and so in adolescent petulance say "I DO NOT CARE"). Who are these minions starring your posts as I just dont get it. "THE BULLIES UNITED LEAGUE"?

I know what abrogation means.

The Quran is unique among sacred scriptures in teaching a doctrine of abrogation according to which later pronouncements of the Prophet abrogate, i.e.: declare null and void, his earlier pronouncements. The importance of knowing which verses abrogate others has given rise to the Quranic science known as "Nasikh wa Mansukh", i.e.: "the Abrogators and the Abrogated".[1]

www.answering-islam.org...

This conversation is over.
edit on 29-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

I know what abrogation means.

The Quran is unique among sacred scriptures in teaching a doctrine of abrogation according to which later pronouncements of the Prophet abrogate, i.e.: declare null and void, his earlier pronouncements. The importance of knowing which verses abrogate others has given rise to the Quranic science known as "Nasikh wa Mansukh", i.e.: "the Abrogators and the Abrogated".[1]

www.answering-islam.org...

afterinfinity AbrogantThis conversation is over.

WELL OF COURSE IT IS huffer and puffer Afterinfinity LAST NAME 'ABROGANT' BECAUSE YOU SAY SO IT IS SO. Now, instead of just picking on Christian Faith Ideology you have expanded your attack base to include Moslems? You are no fun; not even behind the hand chuckles or smirks. You expouse something that is not in the JOYFULL or even reasonably 'good feelings' realm and is/are SOUL KILLING, you are the projenitor of what I call a yawping/yawning yellow 'ABYSS'--MAL hole to accidently fall into (Im close to calling you evil).

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
So how about it, Wild? Is this thread winding down? It was a fun ride. Let's do it again some time.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
So how about it, Wild? Is this thread winding down? It was a fun ride. Let's do it again some time.

And a great ride for everyone else AT THEIR EXPENSE AND TIME (IF POLLED) Lets do it again and I would suggest YOU UP THE INSINCERITY FACTOR by at least half by saying at the outset "THIS IS A SETUP" (unknowing shills responding will have suck it up; SORRY for your inconveinence HA HA HA).

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hey. What's with the poor attitude? Why are you disrespecting Wildtimes? She didn't do anything to you and she has been nothing but sincere with the participants of this thread. You don't need to throw a tantrum like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
AfterInfinity

afterapocolypse
Hey. What's with the poor attitude? Why are you disrespecting Wildtimes? She didn't do anything to you and she has been nothing but sincere with the participants of this thread. You don't need to throw a tantrum like that.

She has a voice you dont have to megaphone ideas for her, ITS ALL ON YOU (your poisen ivy spotlights) and your SINCERITY which reads on a negative ideas scale 1-100? You tell me. Happiness abounds I want to know you and live in your world (the world of uncertainty, fear, accusation). Nice one making this Wildtimes problem, shes an innocent as far as Im concerned, you used this thread.

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

vethumanbeing
you used this thread.

This is the pot calling the kettle black.
Instead of addressing the OP, YOU and the christians have used it as a soap box to quibble over who which messiah is better, more sincere, gives a better discount or to sidestep the OP's question entirely.
If you like debating who has a better imaginary friend, why not start a thread on it and quit injecting this one with your ignorance and ex-post facto reasoning?

(Thank you for watching another episode of "Spot the Hypocrite")

-Amitabha-

edit on 29-10-2013 by Eryiedes because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

ATTENTION!!!

The bickering , personal attacks and name-calling stop NOW!!!!
You are responsible for your own posts.

We expect civility and decorum within all topics.

edit on Tue Oct 29 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by nenothtu

I hope you and OpB will accept my sentiments in regard to your loss. My personal opinion of religion aside, I am glad it has helped to smooth the ragged edges of your torn hearts.

Thank you.

I don't know how you self-identify, but from where I sit, you seem to be more agnostic than atheist. Most atheists I have run into are purely of the mechanistic variety, and so they seem to believe that when the bodily machine breaks down and stops working, that's all she wrote for that individual - they simply cease to exist.

That may be the case. We'll all know ( or NOT know, if we cease to exit) in the end. If we don't know, if we cease to exist, then I don't think it will matter much. We will neither know that we were wrong, nor will we be heartbroken over our misconception.

That is not what I believe to be the case, however, and the fact is that my belief harms no one, it neither affects their here or their hereafter, so I run with it.

It seems, from your posts and even your ATS handle, that you think there may be something more - something that comes "after infinity". It may be that we only differ in the cause of it, and I'm good with that, too. If there is an other side, we can sit around there and discuss it endlessly once we're there.

If there isn't, well, it was nice knowin' ya here!

posted on Oct, 29 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by logical7

It's funny because Islam, Judaism and Christianity all share the same root religion. It's like watching kids fight over who daddy loves more.

You know, I got into that, and i believe it was with Logical7, in another thread several months ago. I determined in that thread that I was a "fundamentalist", since I think there are certain fundamentals common to each of those religions, and all the rest is man-made baggage separating them. I look to the fundamentals, and ignore the baggage, and it often gets me into trouble.

I guess that's how I ended up married to a Muslim, without hammering her over religion relentlessly. Whatever she believes and how she worships is her business, and I wouldn't change that for the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Hopefully now everyone has had a good night's sleep, and some time to chillax. The topic of this thread is a UNIVERSAL one - and obviously the question is unsettling. It was meant to be. It's not an easy question, and believe me, it has been a journey in itself to read the feedback and input of how others responded to it.

The question applies to me as much as anyone else.
While reading and posting,I have found myself tweaking, adjusting, dusting off my own beliefs and re-examining them... which was healthy and productive for me.

I hope the thread will stay alive, as it is a "timeless" proposal for all of us, and the days grind by and we all edge closer to "finding out."

No two of us have lived the same life, or have the same mind or soul or body; this, for me, is conclusive evidence enough that each of us has a UNIQUE journey to travel while here, from the moment we are conceived until our last earthly "breath." Furthermore, I believe it takes several of these journeys before one is "mature" in spirit.

Why do people want others to AGREE with them? What real difference does it make? I think the most important thing is ACTIVE LISTENING. People want not so much to be "right" as to be ACKNOWLEDGED and validated in that THEY are the EXPERTS ON THEMSELVES.

THAT is the point, I think. Learning how to acknowledge and validate others' lives and perspectives. Endlessly fascinating.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Eryiedes

vethumanbeing
you used this thread.

Eryiedes
This is the pot calling the kettle black.
Instead of addressing the OP, YOU and the christians have used it as a soap box to quibble over who which messiah is better, more sincere, gives a better discount or to sidestep the OP's question entirely.If you like debating who has a better imaginary friend, why not start a thread on it and quit injecting this one with your ignorance and ex-post facto reasoning? (Thank you for watching another episode of "Spot the Hypocrite")

I never said I was a Christian, I could be an Essene for all you know, so no soapbox visible as I look down and see/experience the teeder todder I am standing upon; smack dab in the middle of its fulcrum right foot to one side the other left to balance (no one visible sitting in the seats except for my 2 imaginary friends 'Reason' and 'Logic').
edit on 30-10-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I think the ride is about over. Maybe you should make another thread. I know you've got a couple reports coming in regard to the materials you were so excited about...who knows, maybe they could even tie into this thread! A series! That would be pretty cool. A series of questions exploring the groundwork for the psychological mechanisms which drive us to invent/accept/appreciate religion.

Just tossing ideas out there, because I know you love to crack open those taboo subjects and shake them around until you're satisfied with what you've observed.

edit on 30-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yeah, the near death experiences....

I finished the Moody book in one day...still going through the Atwater.

But, I'm fairly well convinced that NDEs prove that there is an afterlife.

Today was a rainy, gloomy, errands-and-car-trouble day....and yesterday was rainy also.....which always sucks my energy dry.

But, yes...I will follow up.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join