It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Mr. Paulides

Thank you very much for all this banter and your responses. Without the passion you hold for this search, the frustration level for the lack of a cogent, logical answer, would seem to be very high.

Of the many things I read here, (and had to give up after awhile) was the story of you and the 70yr old friend touting 50+ years outdoor experience, and the "dead spot" you guys found out in the woods... NO Sound, remember?

For all of my life I have had an interest in and have experienced much abnormal phenomena. Many would call it 'paranormal' It is essentially the same notion. I actually wonder about the nature of "temporal reality". I remain unconvinced that our reality is "set", black and white, and stable as the majority of people justifiably believe. I think reality is in flux, exactly the same as the energy it is made from. It is "possible" that "tears" appear in reality and people simply walk through these "doorways", some people call them, and can't find their way back it happens quite by accident.

The old OSI investigated such cases years ago. I have no idea what they do these days. I think you and your buddy were on the edge of a "vortex", for lack of a better word, and had you guys continued in those woods you might have ended up in some odd parallel existence, the totality of which one can only infer in a metaphysical way.

A tool that could possibly help your search in areas that have many missing persons is a device that can measure magnetic flux. Oppenheimer and those folks had such equipment in the 40's, so I believe that a hard search might find something that can help measure if there is something "funny" in an energetic manner in some of these areas.

It might Never produce the empirical evidence that one ought seek, but can help produce a possibly reasonable cause for the disappearances. There are reports that the gov has that you might never have access to of people simply walking down the street in one city and **suddenly** being in another city.

You MIGHT contact Dan Akroyd to discover where he found the reports and if they are verifiable in any way. H made the reports public in that "paranormal" TV Show he produced about 10 -15 years back. He does maintain interests in that direction and would well remember hi sources.

I am not trying to introduce some sort of "kooky" theory into this. I just simply think there are other explanations yet to be explored. I am not alone in the assumption that reality is not really what we think it is. I have had many very odd experiences that have made me question the nature of existence. No, we do not live in the Matrix, nice story line, yet something more seems to be happening and has probably always been happening.

Good Luck David, on this task you have taken on. Thank you for sticking your nose in there. God knows someone MUST take look!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Hi Dave, as good digging will do, I found an account of Katherine Van Alst online with a panoramic view of the area plus more. Granted it looks different than 1946 by a long shot if anyone has seen old pictures of the Den, but it wouldn't take long for a child to disappear/especially since the park was much more wild. According to the story she lost her way on a creek returning to her family's cabin. Frankly I would not have let a child wander around by herself.

As far as traveling so far and not succumbing. Our summers here are usually quite pleasant especially in June which is traditionally quite mild. Even on the hottest of days (unless we have the rare heat wave of a few years ago) the shade of trees offers much respite. I also read the account in local papers at the time where Katharine described drinking from various water sources and eating berries which are plentiful in June (and quite tasty I might add). While it is boggling to imagine she covered so much distance and heights, in my 30 years here there have been numerous missing children stories and by and large they have been found alive even many many days after disappearance and have traveled amazing distances/children much younger than Katherine. I estimate Katherine traveled between 5 and 6 miles daily which is really not that much for a child who is actively looking for her family (I easily walked that as a child and could climb quite high). It is not unusual for scores of volunteers to look , close to a hundred or more and yet they miss finding the child on first, second and even third canvassing. Winter of course is a different story but their have been some survival stories at that time also.

When she was found she was in reasonably good shape except for a lot of insect bites/which also would be standard for June. Growing up barefoot myself and spending a lot of time in pine woods filled with sharp cones I see no conflict. Children's bodies are amazingly supple and resilient. I wish I could say that now *grin*.

As the neutral observer I think the truth is often found somewhere in the middle. I can see many plausible explanations for Katharine's disappearance and survival.

Thank you for making me aware of her story. Any opportunity to further hone critical thinking skills I welcome.

~rose

@southbeach…thanks so much for the additional link. I look forward to reading *smile*

@ BO XIAN…I think you make some very valid suggestions *kudos*

edit on 26-9-2013 by arosebyanyothername because: further clarification

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Mr. Paulides,

Since there are massive disappearances and the SAS and other US & Canada governments KNOW what is going on, I would think its their responsibility ALSO to help the rest of us. Because at this point, it very well could start hysteria due to 'mushroom mentality' of those that KNOW what the truth is and people will start assuming the worst; and the only thing we have so far to help us is.. 'stay out of the woods' ..............

Question: What are the SAS, US & Canadian governments doing to help protect the rest of us? If at all ?? !!! (if this is truly the case of massive scale as you've stated so far..)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

(post by Nostalgic removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

That is a generalization, there would be some crimes of other sorts, but I'm talking about the larger amount of abdnormal disappearances, ones beyond the bell curve grid of averages. Even the truckers.....what are they involved in? Here is what I think: occult, satanism, mkultra/sleeper, cia agents and black ops. The NAZI's control the world. When people disappear, they could be anywhere, underground bases, ritual murders, sex slaves for the cretins and trolls that run our world, the weak pathetic slavers.

I really don't believe yeti's/sasquatche's or big foot take hostages. Nor do Ets. The worst of the universe is running our planet. You can't do worse than our leaders, our bankers, our royal families. You can't get worse than the horrors they inflict on the people and animals of this planet. Things as bad as what they do may happen elsewhere, but nothing worse than what has been done. They're the worst of the worst. And they are responsible for every occult group out there, and nearly every serial killer in a sense works for them. Thats what I believe.

And that people need to wake up and serve and protect the children of this planet and all humans. We need to serve and protect. We need to be hero's of this play.
edit on 26-9-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Nostalgic

DavidPaulides
You can purchase the paper here: www.advancedsciencefoundation.org...#!special-issue/crrc

I stopped here. I'm not paying $30 for information that would clearly be free if the actual intent was to inform. You're just another person trying to make money off of fallacy and/or take advantage of gullible people. And frankly, your story sounds pretty bogus to begin with. Either way, I'm not impressed. Best of luck to you.

Cheers,
Nos
edit on 26-9-2013 by Nostalgic because: sp

If you would have continued instead of stopping, Mr. Paulides explains why... And he is not seeing any of that money, the publishers of that science paper are.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
This is my favorite AMA thread so far. I read this whole thing, listened to the coast to coast and dreamland interviews, and I gotta say...

I am SO buying these books!

edit on 26-9-2013 by applesthateatpeople because: (no reason given)

(post by VoidWalker removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidWalker

I find that kind of assertion very narrow and cheeky.

The Bible says A WORKMAN IS WORTHY HIS HIRE.

I do NOT begrudge folks earning money from books etc. that they have spent years and many thousands of dollars learning the material and practical stuff therein.

I'm glad and honored to have the material available and blessed to be able to contribute to their activities and lives in exchange for such valuable resources.

Yes, I typically give more than I can afford to give from the Biblical: "Freely you have received, freely give." However, I have done so excessively and suffer for that accordingly. So I don't begrudge folks earning a fitting income from their extensive study, research and efforts. Actually, I don't mind them getting moderately wealthy from quality materials, resources they have produced the hard earned way.

In most cases, most folks hereon would probably think little of paying $15-50 for a meal out at a nice place individually or as a couple. . . . e.g. at Outback, Applebee's, Chili's, etc. The meal will be flushed down the sewer within 24 hours. The resources in the books offered may save a life. That would be super inexpensive at $50.00

This mentality that says

ANY REQ FOR MONEY FOR ANY REASON = INVALID INFORMATION

is unmitigated nonsense.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Nostalgic

DavidPaulides
You can purchase the paper here: www.advancedsciencefoundation.org...#!special-issue/crrc

I stopped here. I'm not paying $30 for information that would clearly be free if the actual intent was to inform. You're just another person trying to make money off of fallacy and/or take advantage of gullible people. And frankly, your story sounds pretty bogus to begin with. Either way, I'm not impressed. Best of luck to you.

Cheers,
Nos

--
Nostalgic, then why are you on this site? if the intent is to read a thread, go through it and find all the possible information and then type up your opinion, then your part of ATS, but if this is the kind of response that you give without even acknowledging what's there, then your part of the problem we have on these forums.
--
Thanks again David for the good work, coming from a professional like you, I know what to do now when I go into the woods.
Be armed, never go alone and have a transponder, have an exit route and most important of all,
Stay alert, Stay alive.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Thanks for coming, you have been very patient, courteous and generous with your time.

1st question: Have you modelled your look on Magnum PI? If so you've done a great job with the tough squint and the mo... love it

2nd question: Have you seen the movie Predator? You know where I'm going with this right? Extra terrestrial civilisations dropping off 10 ft tall squatch (predator) in the deep forests and hunting us for 'sport' like we hunt animals... surely that's as good a theory as any, covers much of the 'strange phenomena' which really just serves to highlight our infantile understanding of reality/science/physics.

We are being hunted by an ET sasquatch race that digs our forests and forest goers alike.

People who haven't looked into this topic probably wont understand, but I am not taking the piss here, I honestly can't think of a better, all encompassing theory to explain these cases.

Tell me I'm wrong David?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Question:

When in the jungle and find that your team of special force ops are being methodically hunted and killed one by one by an extraterrestrial warrior do I ..... "get to duh choppah?"

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Hi David,

Thank you for your ongoing efforts to engage with so many users here personally. I have been on this site for many years now and i must say, this is one of the most intriguing threads in my opinion.

Some questions;

a) Are you familiar with any events specific to your criteria here in New Zealand? We have some pretty vast and extensive, uninhabited wilderness areas.

b) Are many of the hikers, children etc that are eventually found dead but relatively in tact e.g not just bones or a skull cap and tibia mutilated at all and if so, is there a trend to the type of damage inflicted e.g certain limbs missing, broken, twisted, scratches, odd markings?

c) Are there ever signs of sexual mutilation to the genitalia or signs of rape or damage resulting from?

d) You mentioned that trends may lean towards children, disabled, Caucasian and those with animals e.g dogs but are there any other trends that might accompany this list?

e) Is the ratio male to female pretty even or skewed?

Once again, very very interesting.

Thank you for taking the time!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
David I have read 411 Missing Western U.S. & look forward to reading the other volumes. Also, I've heard several of your radio interviews. IMHO, you are a well trained, intelligent, compassionate and dedicated investigator.

I've read various stories on the Todd Sees case and frankly, I thought it had been debunked. I'm only an armchair internet detective and even I find researching these cases intensely frustrating. What first appears as a truly mysterious & unexplained event is revealed to be a tragic incident upon further research.

Surely, we've all read about the mystery of our choice only to be disappointed by the author's less than stellar investigative skills. For me it's not about agreeing with an opinion as much as it is about being challenged to come up with another credible explanation. I believe much of what I read in the Missing book was investigated as thoroughly as possible with the information available. Naturally, it's frustrating with the oldest cases to have so little to go on but the mystery remains. It's heartbreaking to imagine the grief these families must experience, especially those who've lost young children. Those PA cases are quite disturbing.

David, it truly is shocking the NPS does not keep any type of data base for these incidents, especially with today's technology. Since you've published your books, have you been contacted by any other NPS employees or LE who offered more information on this subject? If there's no database, no one collecting the stories for further investigation, how will the mystery ever be solved? Thanks for your hard work and bringing this topic out of the shadows.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Earlier in the thread, around pgs 9-15 (not sure which page) someone posted a link to a site, saying Read it & Weep. On that site I found a purported letter written by the scientist Ms. Ketchum, addressed to the board overseeing the journal Nature. She was charging unethical review practices & pleading a case to get the paper published.
Link here: seesdifferent.wordpress.com...

It is a blog site, so opinions abound. But if this letter is bona fide, then one may find this paragraph interesting (this was found a ways down on the page)--
--Ketchum writes, "If there is still any doubt concerning the existence of these hominins, we are also willing to allow a representative from Nature to travel here and see these individuals personally, preferably during a full moon to increase lighting since they are primarily nocturnal. Though there is never 100% guarantee that
a sighting will occur, if a few (about 3) days are allowed, we predict that the chances of seeing one of these hominins approach 99%. So far, everyone that we have invited has had an experience, including myself and some of the co-authors. Seeing is believing and that is why we offer this opportunity. We will do whatever is necessary to support our manuscript."

My apologies to the audience & Mr. Paulides for referring to early pages in the thread, when Ive not read past 16 yet. I had to share this before I got distracted.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Nostalgic

DavidPaulides

Cheers,
Nos

This is just compensation in my opinion. Time, paper, unreal hours of research, transportation costs ect ect. Nothing is ever free, not even free stuff.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Hi David, im following this thread with interest as ive heard some of your radio interviews recently and this phenomenon has really gotten my attention..thanks for being here to take questions ..

My question is , you have gathered evidence of clusters where groups of people have went missing in one spot, did you in your work with the first nations peoples find any evidence in the form of handed down storys of cluster spots of any missing first nations folks in bygone days..and if so did any overlap with recent clusters.

Thanks in anticipation..looking forward to buying and reading your books..
edit on 26-9-2013 by Kinzig because: spelling

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by xSeraphim

Hello Mr. David Paulides.
I didn't read your books yet but I plan on reading them.
I just want to say that I respect what you are doing.
Now I want to give you some info on a forest we have here in Romania.
It's called Hoia Baciu Forest and is located near Cluj.
Destination Truth did an episode on it and it was incredible.
There's an incident where one of their cameraman gets grabbed by something and gets tossed.
He has no memory of what happened and he gets scraches on his arm.
There's lots of story's of people entering the forest never to be found or they pop up miles away "drifting" like they were on drugs.
Maybe this can help you or give you some more insight into what's happening in the US and around the world.
I believe the cameraman from Destination Truth was a target but he was lucky his friends were nearby.
Hope my english doesn't make your brain bleed
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
We heard of the episode, fascinating stuff.
The problem with investigating missing people in that part of the world is finding credible information and facts on the incidents.
Thank you very much for the contact!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kinzig

Hi David, im following this thread with interest as ive heard some of your radio interviews recently and this phenomenon has really gotten my attention..thanks for being here to take questions ..

My question is , you have gathered evidence of clusters where groups of people have went missing in one spot, did you in your work with the first nations peoples find any evidence in the form of handed down storys of cluster spots of any missing first nations folks in bygone days..and if so did any overlap with recent clusters.

Thanks in anticipation..looking forward to buying and reading your books..
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••••
There are no groups of people that disappear in the clusters, there are pairs.

We have not heard of clusters of missing Native Americans. I have no doubt they exist, the issue is finding an elder that would have those facts, that would be a rare find. As I've stated in this forum in the past, these clusters don't pop out and are not obvious. They are disappearances that came at lengthy intervals for sometimes 150 years, almost as though someone did not want to draw attention to what was happening.

All the best!!

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30 >>

join