It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Alien Abduct
reply to post by DavidPaulides

I understand and of course I agree with the confidentiality of the victims if it is as they wish. But I think what I didn't make clear here is the fact that you could obtain the vital information needed by the contact with the victims and still maintain the confidentiality of the victims by first learning the commonalities and then relaying them in a manner that is evident, solid and yet keeps in terms with the confidentiality of the victims. You can bring up broad terms and a very few underlying threads that bind the cases together without singling out any one case.

As you stated as a part of your goal you are looking for a common thread.

-Alien

What you don't understand is Dave has answered the question several times very clearly. Its not going to happen and that's that. Reread his replies until it sinks in.

respectfully,

~rose

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

I would go to Gayle's to try this crocodile but am up North at this time:-(. Missing Santa Cruz. When I get back there in a couple of months I'll check this out. I'll save the hike for summer maybe. I haven't done the entire trail of the park since I found other places to run after that (right on Soquel after that incident). Grew up in Felton as well as SC so used to dark woods but this experience truly spooked me. Thank you for your response though. Knowing there is no mystery at this particular spot is reassuring - because it is too cool to not explore better.

I know I'm not supposed to ask many questions but one more if it's ok....

With these personal transponders - I have a winter coat that has one but don't have a clue how to use it (it says avalanche ready and I can feel a chip inside). Only bought it because it was on sale so it was just by luck it had this extra feature. In fact, I don't see many costs with these so move to the next thing - a transponder you carry. I see these things are expensive and assume the more expensive the better (maybe better technology). If you really wouldn't use one enough to justify spending the money on it - it would seem those less experienced (go into the woods less) would also be the least likely to have one.

What are the best alternatives? If carrying a cell phone these can be traced from my understanding - only until they lose battery power. I would assume this is the second best device to have on you, or would you recommend any other - more multi purpose location device.

in the end it would be ideal to rent these things - especially at national parks. That way the less experienced wouldn't have to weigh cost over amount of use it would get.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••
What you have in your coat is probably an avalanche transponder, a relatively short distance transponder of a signal so they can find you buried in the snow. The locator beacons are much more complex, send a signal that bounces off a satellite to NOAA. I've seen these as low as $110.

The places I go rarely have cell reception and where it exists, its sketchy.

The next best alternative, a satellite phone.
Some cost $200 and you purchase minutes in advance. I had one for many years and did not have a monthly fee. You need to search for the best deal, alaska and TX seem to have the most dealers.

Enjoy Nisene when you get back!!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• •••••••••••••••••••••
Let's pretend we allow a victim to read what you just posted and told them that this was the path we would take with their story. Is that going to make them warm and cozy, or will they feel as though we compromised our promise. Even if 1 out of 10 said we lied, your word is your word. Once your credibility has been compromised, your done. I would never do it.

I understand that, David,

However . . . Perhaps what some are poking toward would be something like the following.

Say your team comes up with a position paper--essentially a contract.

Designate 3-4 professionals to receive victim & relative narratives--perhaps totally anonymous or with a code number and say a victim designated couple of representatives to keep the code number/name linkage data.

Or a bank trustee to keep it or whatever fits the victims preferences.

Your team commits to USE STRICTLY COMPOSITE INFORMATION of at least 3 unnamed victims/relatives for each specific data point cited.

If there was a need for an exception, You could write up how the exception would be reported and take that back to the holders of the code#/name linkage for them to query the person(s) concerned as to if that would be alright.

The victims/relatives would still be assured as much anonymity as the NSA modern era can afford and yet the information would be out in the public domain in a way that could be useful and preventative of more heart ache.

I suspect that the victims/relatives WOULD LOVE TO BE PART OF SOMETHING to minimize risk of further such pains on the part of future potential victims.

I think it could also be emotionally and psychologically CATHARTIC for victims to finally have a safe way to share their narratives.

I understand that SOME may just not want to face any recollections sufficient to enter a narrative; write it down; give a verbal recorded narrative. Some horrors are THAT INTENSE. However, even where such can be coaxed into doing so, it is USUALLY CATHARTIC

AND HELPFUL IN LESSENING THE RESULTING PTSD involved with such experiences.

So, while I have some respect for the perspective that says don't bother them . . . I don't think that's automatically the ideal or best stance to follow--particularly so strictly regardless. There are a dozen ways to skin the cat.

It just might take some creativity similar to the above to work out a viable mechanism, structure for managing that.

edit on 25/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

edit on 25/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: tags

edit on 25/9/2013 by BO XIAN because: ditto

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheReclaimer

Hello and welcome Mr. Paulides. I have not commented on this forum in a while but you piqued my interest. You mentioned that some missing persons were found unusual distances away. Can you tell us what was the farthest distance you've encountered? Have you considered the possibility of spontaneous teleportation?

I recently was reading about the case of Gil Perez, a spanish soldier from the 1500s that teleported from the Philippines to Mexico instantly and was found by his peers months later. I imagine that if this story is true, and spontaneous teleportation is real, the teleportee would not always be fortunate enough to appear in a safe, populated area as in the case of Gil Perez.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yes, have heard of it, not sure how to connect the dots to what we have, especially since the literature on the topic is so vague. May have a difficult time convincing the skeptics (there are a few here) that this is what's happening.

Have a great night!!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by JRCrowley

Hello David! I just finished reading Missing 411 (Western U.S. and Canada) and it's a fantastic book.

What are your thoughts on using RC aircraft to search for Bigfoot?

I'm always on the look out for your interviews because the subject of missing people in parks is extremely fascinating (in a disturbing way) and I've always loved hiking and camping, so it's an area that's very close to home for me.

One more thing. After the recent righting of the Costa Concordia I took a look at some interesting facts around cruises. I've never taken one so I was interested in researching a few details, including the possible negative aspects of cruises. It led me to a site that lists the missing people from cruises.

Go to cruisejunkie and take a look at the list of Cruise and Ferry Passengers and Crew Overboard
1995 - 2013.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Do a little research about suicides on cruise ships, the numbers are huge. I know this because several years ago someone asked me to look into it.

RC aircraft, balloons,etc, will find nothing.

Thanks for the kind words on the books, much appreciated!!

"RC aircraft, balloons,etc, will find nothing."

David, are you saying there is nothing there to find, or that the technology of RC aircraft, balloons, etc. will always fail to find Bigfoot?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by arosebyanyothername

Rose,I think you mean this one.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
the behavioral pattern of nps suggests they're hiding something and don't want to answer questions. this indicates collusion through willful ignorance or understanding what is going on but keeping it hidden. people who do bad things like to keep hidden so their evil will not be seen whereas people doing good things are not so much bothered with their good works being seen albeit they probably don't want them to be advertised.
as i see it, the easiest way to nab people in the wild is with underground access. you catch 'em topside and then head for the nearest underground access point where they will be easily disappeared and never have to be seen again for the most part.
the key to me and the many disappearances is the underground access/routes/caverns/etc. layer the groups of missing person to usgs overlays of underground caverns/etc. with another overlay of nps parks in a geospatial analysis and you'll begin to see patterns upon which to move ahead with more investigative techniques in a refined process of investigative acumen that will be quite revealing i'm sure.
people forget about the underground aspects of our country - out of sight out of mind, but i guarantee the answers will be found in that realm based on my understanding of this activity from cursory review over the years and knowledge.

edit on 2013//925 by Hocus because: removing duplicate sentences... =P

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by randyvs

I'll try a different question Dave. How much evidence out of 100%, would you say is compiled
in your research alone. That bigfoot is responsible for what I deem, is truly a massive
amount of disappearences. People disappearing by getting lost in my mind, should be found
whether dead or alive. They should be found with the massive searches that are always
employed and to come up completely empty, time after time, is truly bazaar.

Sorry if the question is repetative. I haven't read every reply of this,
what is becoming, a massive thread. Your time is greatly appreciated.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••
For the 5th time stated on this forum, Myself, my team members and all of our research, we have NEVER stated that bgft is involved in ANY of the missing people research.

I know you haven't stated such a thing. But I'm positive a percentage of your
research points to such a conclusion. I redact the question. Nevermind.
edit on 25-9-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

imho, Randy,

BOTH topics

HAVE TO BE

GREATLY BEYOND COMPLICATED, COMPLEX, MYSTIFYING, CONVOLUTED, HALLS OF MIRRORS WITHIN HALLS OF MIRRORS . . . each topic on its own.

I think I'd be reluctant to get much into an intersection of the two topics . . . even when a portion of the evidence MIGHT suggest that.

However, I believe David when he declares that he's seen no evidence of that.

We could fantasize that he's seen no evidence of sufficient criteria to call it evidence of that.

But at some point, we'd be splitting hairs, imho.

And, it is conceivable that B does not cause C and C does not cause B but A causes both B & C--*RELATIVELY* independent of each other.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Mr Paulides,

Thank you for taking the time to come here and answer our questions. I have followed this topic with great interest and have been inspired to purchase a copy of Missing 411 Western US which I very much look forward to reading. I have read up to page 21 of this thread and do not recall this being asked, apologies if I am wrong and I am repeating an earlier question.

1) Are you familiar with the Todd Sees case? If so do you feel there is a connection between it and the other cases which you have detailed here already?

2) Apologies if you feel uncomfortable answering this but I was wondering if, given the real possibility of a conspiracy to keep the reality of the circumstances of these disappearances out of public knowledge, whether you have ever felt threatened or even endangered by anyone working on behalf of an agency who would rather your research didn't become available for public consumption.

Many thanks again for your time.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
***Have you been reading these threads?
Many have sent accolades my way for not putting some groundless theory in front of them and trying to convince them its right.

You are incorrect on one BIG issue. I have not eliminated ANYTHING from the suspect list except a serial killer. I have stated that I have never named anything as a suspect. ****

I guess I didn't hear you right then when in interview you stated that your team had in fact ruled out causes such as drownings, suicides, and animal attacks . . . as well as serial killers. So you HAVE eliminated things 'from the suspect list'. Not sure what you are talking about.

You have investigated what, thousands, of these cases I think? You have ruled out causes. I just find it odd that with the commonalities you see in many of the cases that you haven't ruled in some kind of 'more likely' suspect list. Particularly when I hear you talk about cases like Dennis Martin (?). I don't think I'm the only one seeing that either.

Any theory you posit would be FAR from groundless David. You're an expert in this field.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   

No questions this time, I just wanted to say "Thank you" for taking the time to come here and share your research and thoughts. Of all the things asked and answered I think the advice you gave people for heading into the forests is the most useful. So thank you again.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonicology

Mr Paulides,

Thank you for taking the time to come here and answer our questions. I have followed this topic with great interest and have been inspired to purchase a copy of Missing 411 Western US which I very much look forward to reading. I have read up to page 21 of this thread and do not recall this being asked, apologies if I am wrong and I am repeating an earlier question.

1) Are you familiar with the Todd Sees case? If so do you feel there is a connection between it and the other cases which you have detailed here already?

2) Apologies if you feel uncomfortable answering this but I was wondering if, given the real possibility of a conspiracy to keep the reality of the circumstances of these disappearances out of public knowledge, whether you have ever felt threatened or even endangered by anyone working on behalf of an agency who would rather your research didn't become available for public consumption.

Many thanks again for your time.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••
We did look at the Sees case and found that very, very few facts are available.

Our group of investigators deal in facts, if there are few, it's hard to qualify the case for study.
We need to know specific facts in the case, who, what, where, when, why , how, weather, witness statements, and a plethora of other elements that appear cannot be gathered in the Sees case.

Thanks for the question.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
first of all I would like to "Thank You" for the information that you have shared. This is the first I have ever heard of these strange disappearances. I have always loved the forest and do a lot of trail riding and camping. My only two questions are: has there ever been any strange disappearances in the (1) Shawnee Forest in Southern IL? Or (2) Sandpoint Idaho?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RunForTheHills

first of all I would like to "Thank You" for the information that you have shared. This is the first I have ever heard of these strange disappearances. I have always loved the forest and do a lot of trail riding and camping. My only two questions are: has there ever been any strange disappearances in the (1) Shawnee Forest in Southern IL? Or (2) Sandpoint Idaho?
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

NW Idaho has several disappearances.
Shawnee- near that area- 1

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Hey Dave.

I know you've heard of the, "SkinWalker", Ranch. Folks (billionaires) like Bob Bigelow seem to have the money and use it well (to find out stuff) for their needs. What say you? By the way I bought and read every book you wrote, I bought them on your "North American Bigfoot Search", web site. Good stuff!!

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
David,
I thought long and hard about what you have said and all I can say at this point is if the NPS stonewalled you, then I can only imagine what they said and how they stonewalled the families.

edit on 26-9-2013 by palmalBlue2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

DavidPaulides
reply to post by Philippines

This is a cumbersome process, not easy to get the reports and detail necessary to establish linkage in some remote areas. Borneo is a country we have been researching for several weeks and it appears to have several cases that qualify, there are others...

I can understand the process taking long and information being passed on word of mouth only, if at all, especially in the remote places.

Would Bruno Manser be one of the candidates for missing people in Borneo out of curiosity?

What set of requirements define geographical locations to merit the region as a hotspot for unexplained disappeared people?

Thanks again for your time =)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Hello Mr. David Paulides.
I didn't read your books yet but I plan on reading them.
I just want to say that I respect what you are doing.
Now I want to give you some info on a forest we have here in Romania.
It's called Hoia Baciu Forest and is located near Cluj.
Destination Truth did an episode on it and it was incredible.
There's an incident where one of their cameraman gets grabbed by something and gets tossed.
He has no memory of what happened and he gets scraches on his arm.
There's lots of story's of people entering the forest never to be found or they pop up miles away "drifting" like they were on drugs.
Maybe this can help you or give you some more insight into what's happening in the US and around the world.
I believe the cameraman from Destination Truth was a target but he was lucky his friends were nearby.
Hope my english doesn't make your brain bleed

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join