It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My name is David Paulides and for the last 4 years I've been investigating people missing in the wi

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Hi David.

I must admit that i hadn't previously heard of any of these disappearances. Living in the UK, we have nothing as interesting as this to break up the daily routine, tragic though it appears to be. Having found this thread, i must say that your work is fascinating and i'm quickly becoming addicted to this subject.

Can you answer a couple more questions for me please:

1. How would i, being in the UK and with no previous experience, get involved in your line of work?

2. I'm going to order one of your books. Which would you recommend as my first purchase?

Thanks for answering my previous questions and i hope you don't mind if i continue to ask.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Restricted

David, can you point us to a definitive source for the Native American myths you discussed earlier in the thread? Thanks.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••
Yes;
Giants, Cannibals and Monsters, by Kathy Strain.
She is an archeologist for the Department of the Interior and a good friend.
She spent years developing the book, its good!
www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380134084&sr=8-1&keywords=kathy+strain

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorchio

Hi David.

I must admit that i hadn't previously heard of any of these disappearances. Living in the UK, we have nothing as interesting as this to break up the daily routine, tragic though it appears to be. Having found this thread, i must say that your work is fascinating and i'm quickly becoming addicted to this subject.

Can you answer a couple more questions for me please:

1. How would i, being in the UK and with no previous experience, get involved in your line of work?

2. I'm going to order one of your books. Which would you recommend as my first purchase?

Thanks for answering my previous questions and i hope you don't mind if i continue to ask.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I really don't know the UK landscape well enough or understand your laws for mandatory release of info by the govt. You may have quite an uphill battle getting relevant documents. I would probably go to an area with a history of people going missing and speak to reporters from the local paper, get their opinion on what is happening, some of them are quite bright.

I would start with "Missing 411-North America and Beyond.

Thanks for the contact and keep me informed if you dig up any info matching the list you find in the book.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I know from a couple retired officers i know that a number of sheriffs departments in calif check the criminal records of people reported missing.

If the missing person has a record for certain crimes the departments never actively look for the missing person.
these crimes are meth use, burglary, criminal trespass.

The department believe that if these missing persons were killed by other criminals/drug users they would have been dumped and found shortly.
But if shot by a property owner or home owner while committing a theft or burglary and not reported would have been buried deeply and unlikely to be found.

With the missing in National Parks the unknown is how many of the missing were really in the National Park.
or was it just that there car or other items was dumped in the park to throw off the search.

Most park police departments are not very big or will trained in missing persons investigations.
Most of the time they do a few days search around where they believe the person went missing and then wait for the remains to show up. they seldom do a investigation into if the person was really in the park if something like a car is found.
The thing about a National Park is its rural and few people know each other.

If someone wanted to get rid if someone they get rid of the body and bury it deep and then dump the persons ID, car. ECT 50 to 100(one to two hour drive) miles away in a National Park where there will be no big investigation.
National park police are unlikely to have a CSI team so a outside team has to be brought in and does not have the priority for the park police.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Do you think the energy released by earthquakes is related to these disappearances?
If that energy is strong enough to vibrate and create sound, even an undetectable one, could that resulting sonic vibration temporarily disrupt the normal flow of space/time?
edit on 25-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Thorneblood
Do you think the energy released by earthquakes is related to these disappearances?
If that energy is strong enough to vibrate and create sound, even an undetectable one, could that resulting sonic vibration temporarily disrupt the normal flow of space/time?
edit on 25-9-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

Lol. You are treading on a dangerous territory there mate

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidPaulides

Geia sou re David!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Any chance you are already looking into a new case on Gene George and is his disappearance location within one of your target areas?

If not familiar with the case here is a link:

Source Gene George

An extensive search for a missing hiker in Colorado has entered its fourth day, as search-and-rescue teams from across the state scour Mount Harvard.

Gene George, 64, of Bay Village, Ohio, told a friend in Cleveland from his Buena Vista motel room on Sept. 18 that he planned to hike near the 14,421-foot mountain — the fourth-tallest in the contiguous United States — on Thursday or Friday. The motel owner later contacted police when George failed to check out on Sunday as scheduled, according to the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Amazing AMA !! I was really unaware of this fact that so many people go missing in the woods...just wow...

Thank you Mr Paulides for sharing well...quite frankly...some heavy duty scary stuff !! I am the type to go on strolls in the woods, National Parks or otherwise, alone and unarmed.

Never really thought of the danger - except for bears that is.

Staying urnarmed (Canada and not a hunter), what would be your recommendations for future excursions?

I understood the "not alone part" , the "transponder part" and the "start praying if an incident happens part" but any other advice?

Thank you Sir. Great thread !!!
edit on 9 25 2013 by SonoftheSun because: grammar

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hey David -
Since everybody has been so open I figured I might as well tell you about some of the stories I've heard as well as the question or 2 that I had.

So a couple of years ago I was talking to my uncles boss' husband (my uncle is an Engineer at Boeing and so is his boss, so I'd imagine her husband would be somewhat educated and analytical as well). At first we were talking about hunting and then he was telling me about how he used to work in the timber industry around Mt. St. Helens pre-eruption. He said that before the mountain blew there was this bottomless lake, along with a string of caves going throughout the mountain, which made sense to me because I always figured if BF was a nocturnal animal, interconnecting caves would be the best habitat for it. Anyways he said that this certain lake would freeze over during the winter and people would go out on the ice. He said one-time some "French dude" came with some type of submersible to measure the depth but could never find the bottom. During a winter when it was frozen over apparently there were 3 teens that took their truck out on the ice but after driving around they hit a patch that couldn't hold their weight, and the truck along with the 3 teens fell through. He said their bodies were located sometime like a year later along some offshoot of the Snake or Columbia River. Almost like the got sucked in through some underground river and shot out. He also told me that before the mountain blew during the summers helicopters would drop him into untouched wilderness that nobody would have access to unless you reached the area by helicopter and waited for some of the snow to recede. He told me that he had sightings there and heard things when I got the courage to bring BF up. And he took the topic seriously. He was working when the mountain blew and told me the story of how he escaped. But almost all of his strange stories and sightings took place before the eruption. That made me believe that maybe Mt. St. Helens was a BF hotspot because of the caves, untouched wilderness etc... and I wonder if after the eruption it all got erased. He offered to take me up there however he insisted that we wear skunk urine while we hunt because that masks the smell apparently to animals and possibly BF as well.

Now the questions that I had were, do you believe that Sasquatch, or whatever (maybe hominid) or whatever you would like to call it is predatory and violent then some people's stories would have you believe? Or do you think just like how there's criminal elements in human society, that maybe whatever tribe lives out there may have their own type of criminal outcasts while on the other hand some can be quite benevolent?

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Angelic Resurrection

Not really, sound or specifically song has always been attributed to religious ceremonies designed for one reason or another to attract being from an alternate dimension. It is reflected in our faiths and our prayers, our histories and our myths. Sound has been used to do all manner of things and is theorized to be capable of doing much more if we can only find the right frequency and right source of power.

Well here is a natural phenomenon that is capable creating deep, powerful sound waves.

I remember hearing stories from the old days that talked about this exact problem, people at national parks and out in the wild just disappearing into fields of mist, flashes of light, or nothing at all. It is amazing to me that here we have a collision of worlds, in perhaps the truest sense possible, but also in our own daily lives.

You would have to assume that this problem, in part, was only helped in the 50's when road trips were peaking. All those wonderful little families just drifting off into the wide open yonder. RV's and hunting trips, the return to nature, and all along we forgot that one little truth spoken of far and wide. Somewhere out there, in every land and every country, there are places that you just should not go to. When you have cultures liked the natives telling you its full of demons and monsters. Just believe them, they don't live easy lives.

If part of proving your manhood involved going out and killing a bear or a jaguar or a wolf with a stick and some stone weapons then how do you think you would define a monster?

If you lived out in the wild and knew there was a part of your territory that made people disappear, or made monsters appear, would learn to fear it or fight to change it? In our history we've done both.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   

DavidPaulides

Women have described being followed by "men", they usually cannot describe them but they have said that the men stare at them, don't communicate and hide behind bushes. Some women on the Appalachian Trail have reported being chased by men of similar descriptions.

Another case involves a girl hanging closes at her very rural farm. Her dad and mom are in the house when she disappears. A huge search, the following day a helicopter finds her walking the perimeter of a lake miles away. She states that a "man" approached her in the yard and she ran, nobody heard a scream. As she was being chased she remember blacking out, the next thing she remembers is walking around the lake.

Thanks for the question.

Stories of this type bring this to mind.

PAN was the god of shepherds and flocks, of mountain wilds, hunting and rustic music. He wandered the hills and mountains of Arkadia playing his pan-pipes and chasing Nymphs. His unseen presence aroused feelings of panic in men passing through the remote, lonely places of the wilds.
The god was a lover of nymphs, who commonly fled from his advances. Syrinx ran and was transformed into a clump of reeds, out of which the god crafted his famous pan-pipes. Pitys escaped and was turned into a mountain fir, the god's sacred tree. Ekho spurned his advances and fading away left behind only her voice to repeat forever the mountain cries of the god

Pan

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Let’s take a closer look at this DeNovo Journal.

It is accessed via www.advancedsciencefoundation.org.... It’s a fairly simple site with a landing page that says: DeNovo Accelerating Science. When you click on the “Contact” Tab you have to page down where you enter name, etc. and what you want to talk about. At the bottom is the phrase “© DeVono Scientific Publishing”

So which is it? DeNovo or DeVono? They don’t know how to spell their own name. So let’s go a little further. Below that they list an ISSN, which is an International Standard Serial Number. It’s ISSN 2326-2869. When you look THAT up in WorldCat, which is a worldwide database of books and magazines, you find out is published in Big Rapids, Michigan by Advanced Science Publishing. There is no listing for such an organization in Big Rapids directories. Once again, no libraries in the entire world have holdings because it is an online publication only. According to a review posted at WorldCat:

According to the author (of the only paper in the first issue) herself, this amateurish journal/website was put up hurriedly to publish a paper (claiming to prove the existence of bigfoot/sasquatch by means of DNA evidence), which had been turned down by various publications over a period of some years. She claims that another journal (which had never published an issue) was going to publish it but backed out, so she bought that journal and changed its name to DeNovo. The article, which sold for $30, received (informally) very negative comments online from scientists in the field of genomics. Some time after going live, the website/journal began to offer peer-reviewed publication for up to $1500/manuscript.

www.worldcat.org...

I could find no reference to the $1500 on the site today, but understand what this fellow is saying. DeNovo, the journal, was willing to “publish” a scientific paper “with peer review” (for which they advertised for the peers) if the author paid them $1500. This is not the only place to do this. There are other publications that charge a “per page” fee for publication, a practice widely condemned in academia as pseudo-academic. It’s a scam, really, that preys on the “publish or perish” fears of assistant professors without tenure. Here’s a good article on the practice: www.nytimes.com...

So we have “Advanced Science Foundation,” “Advanced Science Publishing,” and DeNovo Scientific Publishing.com.

Advance Science Foundation
+ No Listing in the IRS Data on US non profit organizations. This lists all organization that have applied for and/or received IRS 501c3 status as a non profit organization.

+ No Listing in Associations Unlimited. This is the main library reference source for foundations and associations, the first reference source a librarian would consult when tracking down an organization

+No Listing in Foundation Directory Online, a pay-to-use compilation of foundations in the US.

Advanced Science Publishing
+ No listing in Reference USA, which is a nationwide listing of all businesses and residences. We’re assuming “Publishing” refers to some sort of business here.

DeNovo Scientific Publishing
+ Quite a few pages of companies that have the name DeNovo in Reference USA, from cafes to spas, but none that would indicate any sort of publishing and none in Michigan.

+ There is a Whois entry is protected by a privacy screen so you cannot tell who the owner is, but the domain itself is “unfinished.” It takes you to a “you are almost done!” page which gives directions to the domain owner on how to complete connection of the domain name to WIX which is an online “cloud based” web site builder that allows amateurs to build a web site using “drag and drop” tools. In other words, the domain has never been actually published.

So what has happened here, really? Ms. Ketchum failed to pass peer review for any existing publication, so first she got help to create a “journal” called JAMEZ through Scholastica which is an online “open source” site dedicated to circumventing the pseudo-academic “pay to publish” scenario listed above and, indeed, all academic journals. JAMEZ never published a single issue or article.

When that fell through Ketchum started up DeNovo by buying a couple of domains and getting a (entirely free) ISSN from the Library of Congress Copyright Office. With that she was in business, though rather sloppily. There is no “Advanced Science Publishing” company anywhere. It’s bogus. There is an “Advanced Science Foundation,” but it is a domain only. It isn’t real in the sense that it is registered with the IRS as a foundation or in any other recognized source. It doesn’t pay taxes, doesn’t have a phone or an address, doesn’t even have an email address. Similarly, DeNovo Scientific Publishing is a registered domain, but does not have a working web site at all.

Ketchum failed to get her paper published anywhere, so she decided to publish it herself on her own site, and disguise its origins and make the site appear as if it were a legitimate scientific journal fully cognizant of “peer review.”

Now she’s pointing to this saying, in effect, “See? I’m published in a peer-reviewed journal!” No, she is not. It's all smoke and mirrors. It's fake, and not even a very good fake. There are so many loose ends and flaws in this scheme that it is embarrassing. Neither DeNovo, DeVono, DeNovo Publishing, Advanced Science Publishing, or Advance Science Foundation have any academic standing whatsoever. To continue to insist this is real is simply delusional. And that's really sad. It's like continuing to believe in Billy Meier's alien ray gun even after it has been proven to be a plastic toy available on eBay.

edit on 9/25/2013 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I'll try a different question Dave. How much evidence out of 100%, would you say is compiled
in your research alone. That bigfoot is responsible for what I deem, is truly a massive
amount of disappearences. People disappearing by getting lost in my mind, should be found
whether dead or alive. They should be found with the massive searches that are always
employed and to come up completely empty, time after time, is truly bazaar.

Sorry if the question is repetative. I haven't read every reply of this,
what is becoming, a massive thread. Your time is greatly appreciated.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thanks for taking the time to engage our questions Mr. Paulides! I completely understand your need to refrain from conjecture as to the causes of these disappearances -- But I'd love to chain you to a barstool and buy you drinks til the good stuff came out!

Since I can't very well make that happen, I do have a question that has been touched on several times but never completely answered (I may have missed it, there's 20-some pages to this already
)

What are the commonalities of these events, if any? From some of your responses we can infer that traveling alone, unarmed, and without communication are obviously a common factor, but that ought to be expected in a study of this nature. What are some others? Moving at night? Race? Gender? Eye color? Age?
edit on 25-9-2013 by blamethegreys because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Hi...I have NOT read all of the posts to this thread but have read many...I notice there are some questions regarding the Ketchum DNA papers...although this is not a link to the papers,it is a site where SOME questions may be answered in relation to these queries...you can find the relevant articles etc on the site...I hope it helps...

bf-field-journal.blogspot.co.uk...

Thanks,

Personicles...

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

I know from a couple retired officers i know that a number of sheriffs departments in calif check the criminal records of people reported missing.

If the missing person has a record for certain crimes the departments never actively look for the missing person.
these crimes are meth use, burglary, criminal trespass.

The department believe that if these missing persons were killed by other criminals/drug users they would have been dumped and found shortly.
But if shot by a property owner or home owner while committing a theft or burglary and not reported would have been buried deeply and unlikely to be found.

With the missing in National Parks the unknown is how many of the missing were really in the National Park.
or was it just that there car or other items was dumped in the park to throw off the search.

Most park police departments are not very big or will trained in missing persons investigations.
Most of the time they do a few days search around where they believe the person went missing and then wait for the remains to show up. they seldom do a investigation into if the person was really in the park if something like a car is found.
The thing about a National Park is its rural and few people know each other.

If someone wanted to get rid if someone they get rid of the body and bury it deep and then dump the persons ID, car. ECT 50 to 100(one to two hour drive) miles away in a National Park where there will be no big investigation.
National park police are unlikely to have a CSI team so a outside team has to be brought in and does not have the priority for the park police.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••
A couple of your points are completely incorrect.

A police chief or sheriff would be fried by their administration if they arbitrarily decided to not take a missing persons case or work a case just because the person had a record, that is 100% irrelevant. I know that missing motorcycle gang members are on the national website (NCIC) and listed as missing. In this day and age, it may happen at some 2 horse town, not in any city or county of moderate size. The reason for this, many of those cases turn in homicides...

How many of the missing were in the national park, 100%. How do we know this, their property, cars, etc were left behind and found by the National Park police and noted in their report. Many times their relatives were in their rooms waiting for their return.

Your statement that National park Rangers are poorly train is 100% incorrect, they are better trained then most county sheriffs. These officer go to the Federal Law Enforcement training center and get the most advanced training in the U.S. They are HIGHLY trained officers and special agents (Their detectives). The park police do not have a CSI team, all advanced forensics are relegated to an FBI Evidence Response team.

All the best!!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Personicles

Hi...I have NOT read all of the posts to this thread but have read many...I notice there are some questions regarding the Ketchum DNA papers...although this is not a link to the papers,it is a site where SOME questions may be answered in relation to these queries...you can find the relevant articles etc on the site...I hope it helps...

bf-field-journal.blogspot.co.uk...

Thanks,

Personicles...
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
The site you have noted is the most factual source related to the paper.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'll try a different question Dave. How much evidence out of 100%, would you say is compiled
in your research alone. That bigfoot is responsible for what I deem, is truly a massive
amount of disappearences. People disappearing by getting lost in my mind, should be found
whether dead or alive. They should be found with the massive searches that are always
employed and to come up completely empty, time after time, is truly bazaar.

Sorry if the question is repetative. I haven't read every reply of this,
what is becoming, a massive thread. Your time is greatly appreciated.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• ••••••••••••••••
For the 5th time stated on this forum, Myself, my team members and all of our research, we have NEVER stated that bgft is involved in ANY of the missing people research.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Swing80s

Hey David -
Since everybody has been so open I figured I might as well tell you about some of the stories I've heard as well as the question or 2 that I had.

So a couple of years ago I was talking to my uncles boss' husband (my uncle is an Engineer at Boeing and so is his boss, so I'd imagine her husband would be somewhat educated and analytical as well). At first we were talking about hunting and then he was telling me about how he used to work in the timber industry around Mt. St. Helens pre-eruption. He said that before the mountain blew there was this bottomless lake, along with a string of caves going throughout the mountain, which made sense to me because I always figured if BF was a nocturnal animal, interconnecting caves would be the best habitat for it. Anyways he said that this certain lake would freeze over during the winter and people would go out on the ice. He said one-time some "French dude" came with some type of submersible to measure the depth but could never find the bottom. During a winter when it was frozen over apparently there were 3 teens that took their truck out on the ice but after driving around they hit a patch that couldn't hold their weight, and the truck along with the 3 teens fell through. He said their bodies were located sometime like a year later along some offshoot of the Snake or Columbia River. Almost like the got sucked in through some underground river and shot out. He also told me that before the mountain blew during the summers helicopters would drop him into untouched wilderness that nobody would have access to unless you reached the area by helicopter and waited for some of the snow to recede. He told me that he had sightings there and heard things when I got the courage to bring BF up. And he took the topic seriously. He was working when the mountain blew and told me the story of how he escaped. But almost all of his strange stories and sightings took place before the eruption. That made me believe that maybe Mt. St. Helens was a BF hotspot because of the caves, untouched wilderness etc... and I wonder if after the eruption it all got erased. He offered to take me up there however he insisted that we wear skunk urine while we hunt because that masks the smell apparently to animals and possibly BF as well.

Now the questions that I had were, do you believe that Sasquatch, or whatever (maybe hominid) or whatever you would like to call it is predatory and violent then some people's stories would have you believe? Or do you think just like how there's criminal elements in human society, that maybe whatever tribe lives out there may have their own type of criminal outcasts while on the other hand some can be quite benevolent?

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Great story, thanks for sharing.

The DNA says that bgft is human based, if so it would follow that it would have behaviors similar to humans, good-bad, small-large, brown hair-blonde hair, etc.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join