It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell your creepy Forest Story

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A few days ago I started a thread about my missing grandson. It seems that there are a lot of folks who have experianced unusual things, and have felt unnerving fear for no apparent reason, while visiting our natioional forests. Several ATS members didnt share their stories because they didnt want to get "off topic".

So, this is a thread where you can tell your story and give a voice to what you have experianced. It doesnt need to be an Alien, Demon or Ghost Story. If you have seen something unusual in the Forest please tell us about it. Even if it is military or forestry related. Unusual animal behavior, weird campers etc etc etc.

If there is something going on, then these stories need to be told, what you may know could be a piece of the puzzle. I think it would be awesome if you could provide google earth coordinates, news paper clippings, pics, or any other info you have.

You do not need "proof" to tell your story, your eye witness account is good enough!

Several folks have voiced that they decided not to share their personal stories due to being "ridiculed". So, this is a non judgemental thread. Keep your mean comments to yourself.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

And this is in the Aliens & UFOs Forum because......?????

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Oh your right, I was just spinning it with the origanal story. I didnt really think about the forum. Is there a better place?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well...I don't want to type in my story..though its not that exciting...only to have the thread deleted because its in the "wrong" forum or something.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
They won't delete it, they will just move it to a proper place.
I loved your original thread, it was fascinating and I'm sure this one will be too.

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

If you have seen something unusual in the Forest please tell us about it.

The Russian Ground Anomolies

A strange phenomena is happening in some Russian forests.

People are finding strange, deep holes. They appear in the dense forest, in the places you can’t get on the car or truck to bring any device to drill the ground.

There is no soil nearby that should be taken from such deep hole. When people are brave enough to venture into the holes, they find that they end abruptly in the darkness.

There are no any reasonable ideas on how these holes appear and what they are being used for. No one knows who or what is digging these holes or why.

englishrussia.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I love walking in the woods. I know the woods can turn you around but they also can lead you to places that are interesting then lead you back to where you started. I also use a compass, not a GPS. I used to sense north but now I can't feel it anymore. It is a scarey feeling loosing your sense of direction.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Edited..Well I had a story but It was more campfire esque and silly..But it had weird campers, a new moon, and message from a spider..
edit on 20-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by misskat1
A few days ago I started a thread about my missing grandson. It seems that there are a lot of folks who have experianced unusual things, and have felt unnerving fear for no apparent reason, while visiting our natioional forests. Several ATS members didnt share their stories because they didnt want to get "off topic".

So, this is a thread where you can tell your story and give a voice to what you have experianced. It doesnt need to be an Alien, Demon or Ghost Story. If you have seen something unusual in the Forest please tell us about it. Even if it is military or forestry related. Unusual animal behavior, weird campers etc etc etc.

If there is something going on, then these stories need to be told, what you may know could be a piece of the puzzle. I think it would be awesome if you could provide google earth coordinates, news paper clippings, pics, or any other info you have.

You do not need "proof" to tell your story, your eye witness account is good enough!

Several folks have voiced that they decided not to share their personal stories due to being "ridiculed". So, this is a non judgemental thread. Keep your mean comments to yourself.

Mine is obviously harmless but for a few minutes while it was happening I encountered fear I never had experienced. It took place in the woods of Pennsylvania near a property that used to belong to 27th Governor William Cameron Sproul (9/16/1870-3/21/1928 and Governor from 1919 to 1923). The property is named Songbrook and is extensive with its own powerhouse and fire department. It's beautiful and deer and bears visit regularly. In 1969 I befriended a relative who had inherited the property which also has a caretaker. I drove the truck that took her belongings and after that I would make frequent trips even when Caroline was away.

One day I was getting ready to leave and I was following a stream back to the main house when I heard the loudest wing flaps I have ever heard. I froze on the spot hoping to see what it was, shaking like a leaf on a tree! I have heard all kinds of birds including eagles but what I heard that day reminds me of the documentaries on TV about giant winged monsters that people claim to have had encounters with thrown in with a bit of Hollywood imagery. I was scared and breathed a sigh of relief when I came out on the clearing and saw the house and knew that my car was close by.

I haven't been back but if I visit again I'm not going alone! And I'll have a video camera ready to shoot or at least capture sounds.

This is representative of what went through my mind!

edit on 20-11-2012 by The Shrike because: To correct spelling.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

OT: Resized and centered for you (240 x 170 pixels - Avatar size)

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
When I was a teenager, growing up in Maine, I spent a LOT of time in the woods. Good thing I loved it because there's plenty of it in Maine.

We rarely went into the woods alone, kids being kids, you know...everything was more fun with friends. But, occasionally we did. I say "we" because something similar to what I'm telling now happened to my closest friend at the time...So one late June afternoon when I was 15 or so, my friends were busy with whatever and I was bored, so I decided to take a walk up into the woods on the north side of the city. It was an overcast day, I remember, and sort of dreary. I walked thru an area we called "Brom Bones"...I have no idea how we ended up calling this patch of woods that, but that's what we called it...and out to a clearing that sat just up on a ridge above where a creek eventually flowed into Merrymeeting Bay.

As I sat there I started to feel a little weird, like I was being watched, but I thought maybe my friends had gotten done with whatever they had been doing and came out looking for me, so I got up and started to walk back the way I came to see if they were nearby. As I walked back the way I'd come, and it was about a mile back out of the woods to the street, I was starting to feel weirder. Yes, leaving that clearing and back into the treeline made it darker, so that was part of it, I'm sure.

As I'm walking back out, getting more and more amped up that I'm not alone, I looked back behind me fairly frequently, because I just felt like there was something that had been inside the trees when I walked back in and was now following me out. As I looked back I saw a small woman, and I don't know how I know it was a woman, really, I just do...in ...well...black Vietcong pajamas and a Vietnamese farmers hat. I'm not sure what they're called. She was behind me, maybe 50 feet or so, running in an North-South direction. (I was going from West to East). She was carrying a rifle of some sort. I want to say it was an AK-47, but truthfully, I don't know. All I saw was that she was armed, running, and running away from me, which was good. But this was the mid-80's so Vietnam wasn't nearly so far removed as it is now, so I was scared to death, and I got out of there back to the street as fast as I could.

The funny/weird part of this is that my friend WAS there that afternoon looking for me, we just never crossed paths. He showed up at my parents house later that day and told me he'd been up there looking for me, and without my saying so, he said...it was really weird too. I looked up once when I was getting near Brom Bones and I saw this dude that was dressed like Robin Hood stand up, put an arrow in a bow and draw it back. I shut my eyes and shook my head and looked again and he was gone. I should have told him about the Vietcong woman I saw, I know, it was like I was supposed to with that sort of segue. But I didn't dare to. It was just too weird.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Growing up as a kid,the forest ,or as I called it "the woods" behind our house was my playground.
It went for many miles in any direction.
I would pack my little green backpack with a lunch and supplies,like a magnifying glass,a mason jar and various other things,including a canteen full of water,and head out for a day of adventure.
I would collect the usual,frogs,snakes what ever.

One day I came across this old,small trailer deep in the woods along a creek.
The windows were broken out and it was somewhat overgrown.

As I approached it,cautiously,I heard a rustling noise inside.
I stopped,and ducked behind this boulder.

I listened some more.
It grew silent.

I decided to throw a rock at the trailer to see what would happen.

A family of possum's came running out.

Sorry,that is all I have on my scary creepy forest story.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Hey, it worked. Thanks a lot for resizing that.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Well...I don't want to type in my story..though its not that exciting...only to have the thread deleted because its in the "wrong" forum or something

Off topic but, your smile makes me smile.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I love walking in the woods. I know the woods can turn you around but they also can lead you to places that are interesting then lead you back to where you started. I also use a compass, not a GPS. I used to sense north but now I can't feel it anymore. It is a scarey feeling loosing your sense of direction.

It's funny,because my sense of direction was automatic at one time.
It wasn't felt ,but I could see it in the skies.
That was 40 years ago.
Maybe it's just age.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Reading your story is actually reminiscent of this story about a bloke who witnessed a soldier from another era - all the while having a strange sensation as you described.

He experienced a time-slip

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

My sense of north went away when I got the epilepsy. With the epilepsy I got some headnoise also. The noise is sort of like tinnitus but not quite. It is in the brain, not the ears. When I eat sugar it goes louder. If I am getting the pre-aura of a temporal lobe seizure, it gets louder. It is a good predictor so I can eat certain foods to control the epilepsy. haven't had a seizure in five years now, but it is hard to regulate without meds. If I wouldn't be allergic to all the meds it would be easier to take them. I think this headnoise centered in my head interferes with the sense of north. Hope I don't ever have to fly south for the winter.

I somehow lost a lot of the "automatic" after the accident. I think I would have lost the automatic when I got older, I think everyone does. We learn to ignore it and we suffer the consequences. The Automatic is a lot more than just direction, it is knowing things without being taught and just knowing to do the right thing in a situation.
edit on 20-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have spent a couple of decades exploring the mountains around here, and countless nights alone and with company in the wilderness. Another thread here suggested that survival skills and equipment are useless, without God. My advice is that this is true, in as much as a complete faith in Nature, and lack of fear are your greatest allies out there. The key is to find harmony with environment; Nature attacks fear, and experience is relative to mindset. A child may see fairies, to a taoist the mysteries of life may be revealed, and a fearful and unmindful person might experience adversity from nature. In one moment of inattention, one can break bones, and animals smell fear.
I have seen a large UFO, heard Sasquatch scream all night and looked into the wild eyes of bears and cougars, close enough to pounce. In these moments, what does one do? Fight? Run? This is not a video game. Trusting and letting go is the logical choice here and now, and to have established a humble and positive relationship with your environ is your best defense. Enter that forest with peace of mind. usually there is nothing going on out there, but does it matter if you mind is besieged by fear?
Mt. Shasta is the most powerful place around here, and I have explored the mountain and surrounding area a lot. An absolutely magical place where the veil is thin, Shasta, and the energetic dynamic I described is nowhere more blatant than here. Many people are repulsed up there, I have often seen company become physically ill or mentally unsettled there; conversely, when one can be open up there, there are super high vibrations to immerse oneself in. I understand Natives did not camp on the mountain proper; due to the intensity in the air I am sure they saw it as some Spirit Realm. So I think we need to be careful and mindful on Shasta.
Many years ago, a friend and I were way up on the mountain in backcountry, where there ought have been nobody. We were walking down along a waterfall when suddenly a giant man appeared ahead, just silently, walking up toward us. As he neared and passed to my left, I noticed his bright blue eyes, and without a word he was gone behind us. He was huge, yet moved like a wind! And gone. We were in the middle of nowhere, but unlike anyone else up there, he had no gear; he seemed to be dressed in old natural colored mountain clothes. I know there are mountain men up there, but the presence of this being was really, otherworldly, chiiling and powerful, I would say. He made no sound.
When this guy passed, my friend immediately stopped, and said that a whole poem had just popped into his head. He then spontaneously recited a perfectly eloquent, very spiritual poem: it was like a Rumi poem, of Truth and so beautifully crafted...unlike anything my simple friend could instantly create. So we were bewildered, in the middle of deep Shasta forest, that it seemed this man or being (over 6'6" and HUGE) had transmitted some kind of high knowledge into my friends head. Really, we could only wonder. There was nothing going on up there...and bam, ghostly guy, poem- I could only wonder, until...
A couple of hours later, our minds on something else, we were sitting up in a meadow eating lunch a quarter mile from our encounter, our minds on other things, when suddenly my simple friend says, the second half of the poem just came to him. He proceeded to just spout a completely assembled poem right along the lines of the first, super esoteric and meaningful! So strange... but watch this.
As he finished the poem, my eyes fell to the treeline beyond his shoulder, fifty yards across the spring filled, sunny meadow. And the giant man was standing there way off behind my friend, just looking at us.
It freaked me and my friend turned just in time to see the guy disappear into the forest, leaving both of us doubtless that some wise soul was with us up there that day, and seemed to be trying to give us a message.

edit on 20-11-2012 by ecapsretuo because: a word

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Wow...that's quite a story. I would've fainted dead away had I seen anything at all like that! Just seeing the so very obviously out of place "Vietcong" woman running away scared the hell out of me. I don't know how to put it into words except to say that what was most frightening was that it was something so clearly just 'wrong'. Not just the sight of her, but the whole feel of it was just wrong. I don't know how to describe it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Thank you

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join