It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY! Obama confronted on the hypocrisy of his Nobel Peace Prize.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Wait wait wait. So HE on his LONESOME made US a mockery? Are you kidding me? People call JFK the greatest President but forget about the Bay of Pigs. I'm honestly convinced that most of who are against Obama are racist. Seriously. Basically all of you people are perfectly fine with Al-Assad using Chemical Weapons against his own people? Really? What if Obama did that to us? I know for a fact you would want someone to intervene. He won that Noble Peace Prize exactly after taking office because he's black. Who would've thought, in this day and age, that an African-American, be it even half of his background. I hate to say it. Honestly, I do. It burns my heart to even think of saying it but you people are the hypocrites here. I can't even begin to comprehend why anyone would compare him to Putin, Stalin or even HITLER!!! Really? Hitler?! Seriously? He isn't the reason this country's gone pits...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arashikage
reply to post by sonnny1

Wait wait wait. So HE on his LONESOME made US a mockery? Are you kidding me? People call JFK the greatest President but forget about the Bay of Pigs. I'm honestly convinced that most of who are against Obama are racist. Seriously. Basically all of you people are perfectly fine with Al-Assad using Chemical Weapons against his own people? Really? What if Obama did that to us? I know for a fact you would want someone to intervene. He won that Noble Peace Prize exactly after taking office because he's black. Who would've thought, in this day and age, that an African-American, be it even half of his background. I hate to say it. Honestly, I do. It burns my heart to even think of saying it but you people are the hypocrites here. I can't even begin to comprehend why anyone would compare him to Putin, Stalin or even HITLER!!! Really? Hitler?! Seriously? He isn't the reason this country's gone pits...

The United States isnt a beacon of guiding hope now, is it?

Hitler?

No. Never said that.

But a Fascist? Sure. Obama has destabilized this Nation. Sure, others before him have played that part, but Obama doesn't deserve a Nobel Prize. He deserves an academy award!

edit on 442013999131 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I think Ben Swann would ask Obama the same question if given another opportunity.

ALong with Amber Lyons, Glenn Greenwald, etc...

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Obama and the Nobel Peace prize is an oxymoron, it just shows you what you get with an exceptional gift of gab.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Give it a break. President T. Roosevelt got a Nobel prize for helping to end the War between Imperial Japan and Czarist Russia. He wasn't exactly a tower of passivity.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
What was the basis of giving this man this peace prize. What a crazy decision. OK becoming 1st black president surely is notable on many fronts but a nobel peace prize.

Shocking really.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Obama shouldn't have accepted it then!

Jesus, he has made the United States a huge joke.

S&F

The only difference being, no one is laughing.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It still is a prestigious award.
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize!

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

It lost all credibility when it was awarded to someone for things he said he was going to do.

Edit: Dear Lord it took me over a full 10 minutes to catch the irony...star for you...man I feel shame for not realizing it sooner.
edit on 6-9-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Agree.

His track record is atrocious. All he did was continue Bushes policies.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by ColeYounger

It lost all credibility when it was awarded to someone for things he said he was going to do.

Edit: Dear Lord it took me over a full 10 minutes to catch the irony...star for you...man I feel shame for not realizing it sooner.
edit on 6-9-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Don't feel bad! I'm glad you caught it. I think it's an old Steven Wright joke. Your comments are right-on.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

And how did Obama respond?

Well, he said that he didnt deserve it. REALLY, he didnt!?

Narcissism at it's finest here.

If he was really a humble person and he knew he didn't deserve it, then he would have turned it down.

edit on 6-9-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by superman2012

Agree.

His track record is atrocious. All he did was continue Bushes policies.

I agree 100%...it's like a relay race where the baton was passed. Not one damn thing has changed.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well, he was nominated, he did not ask for it or as far as i know forward any requests in such a manner. Tell you the truth, i´m not even sure if he really care about it that much. Heck, i´m not even sure if he understand the significance of it but i guess that can be said about the Nobel nomination commitee too.

If i´m not mistaken and since he did bring up Rwanda. Upon the UN request for US assistance and comitment, did not the US initially clearly deny because the US had no interests in Rwanda?

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The argument against Obama's pro-war stance vs his Nobel Peace Prize is ridiculous to the extreme.

Obama did nothing to get the prize. He was given it out of the blue by people who were hoping to affect how war-crazed the USA has become. Obviously their effort failed.

So mock him for the Peace Prize all you want. You just look foolish for doing so. If you're going to mock anybody over it, go after the Nobel committee who gave it to him.

Instead attack Obama for calling the Iraq war a "dumb war" in 2002 before it started, but allowing it to continue when he was in office and now for trying to start a war with a very similar premise with Syria. This he actually did. Not the Nobel Peace Prize stuff.
edit on 6-9-2013 by Frith because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
agreed the committee were nuts to consider this right at the start of his reign, shouldn't be used as a tool s supposed to be a reward. I hope someone has been given proper marching orders for this?

but still Obama whether he asked for it or not is not been a really effective president or moral as hoped by the nobel committee.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Obama should be made to write 1,000 times " I will not take credit for work I did not do."

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Classic passive-aggressive Nordic Bullsh!t. The Nords distracted the President away from his homeland and away from the 2009 economic crisis in the U.S. to give him some stupid trophy "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples." Now, a few years later the stupid Nords want to tell him he doesn't deserve the award. Everyone wondered what the Nords were up to when they called on President Obama to accept the award. Was it a bribe, a Koch Bros. political power purchase, a payment for protection... The Norwegian Nobel Committee should shove their passive-aggressive sociopathic attempt to control the U.S. President with a trophy and some Swedish kronor right up their barbaric, pilfering arse.

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Nothing Noble about the Nobel Peace Prize.

Besides.....Everyone knows Russia lied about the rocket in Norway and it had everything to do with CERN and opening gateways....lmao

I know...ya think Im kidding....right?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join