It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Am Simon Alexandra, The Water Bearer

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

The reason people use that phrase today in relation to the Jews is pure propaganda and the attempt at drowning out the knowledge that God has chosen others over them.

To some degree that's true, but you can't deny that the reason Jacob was chosen was because of his relationship with the ones who followed God prior to Christ's coming.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
And such comment perfectly illustrates why you shall remain blind and common. Until such time as you are educated properly.

begun past participle of be·gin (Verb)
Verb

1 Start; perform or undergo the first part of (an action or activity): "the Communists have just begun to fight"; "it was beginning to snow".
2 Come into being or have its starting point at a certain time or place: "the ground campaign had begun".

Interesting that you would so regard one book as law .. yet disregard the teachings of another .. like the dictionary.

Originally posted by Deetermined

Originally posted by BornOfSin
It has began

POPE ORDERS VATICAN BANK PROBE

LOL! That's a far cry from giving all of your money away to the poor and announcing that God is a woman!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by BornOfSin

Well, you better speed it up if your prophecy is going to come true today!

Maybe you should look up the definition of "false prophet".

A false prophet is one who falsely claims the gift of prophecy or divine inspiration, or who uses that gift for evil ends.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

. . . you can't deny that the reason Jacob was chosen was because of his relationship with the ones who followed God prior to Christ's coming.
Do you mean that there was even existing, people who were descended from Jacob? That seems to be backwards logic to me.
God has always had a hand in guiding destiny, otherwise what use is there in having a god, so there is something that would tie the two people together, Jesus and Jacob.
At the time that Jesus was to appear, there existed an important and influential temple in Palestine and a religion to go with it, that believed in a special divine agent of God appearing in the form of a man, which was convenient to launch a religion based on that sort of idea, when God saw fit that it should happen. Also there was a law and scripture and legend to back it, that fit with the ideals that God wanted this new religion to follow, exemplified in the Ten Commandments.

If you read Isaiah, you see it makes a big point that this one person, Jacob, or, then from that point in his life onwards, Israel, was chosen and that God made promises to him, that then the nation that had sprung up from him was not to be left to wither and die. We don't see that happening (withering and dying) because the shoot of Jacob is Jesus, and through him the world is blessed in his name.
Paul says the promise is not to the seed, meaning in the plural or the many seeds, but to the seed, singular, meaning the one seed, who is Jesus.
edit on 27-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

So, are you trying to exclude Abraham now too?

Sorry, Dewey, you don't know what you're talking about as it relates to the Bible and it's message.

You don't even know how to tie the Old Testament and New Testament together.

edit on 27-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by BornOfSin

actually, you used "began", not "begun." I did notice it (and it made me cringe), but I decided to let it go. Grammar was not properly taught in MANY schools. I no longer blame the former students, but the teachers.

I had grammar rammed into my head both at school and at home. Pedantic is Me. But it would be good for you to use proper English if you want to be taken seriously.

Interesting article on the Pope ordering a dissection of the Vatican bank - but we've all seen THAT one coming since he was elected. It's been pretty obvious he was going to shake things up.

WAit!! Are you Pope Francis?????

Naaaahhhh - he wouldn't drown Australia on purpose.

Anyway, sir, could you keep the destruction, death, devastation and despair to a minimum, please? It would work for MOST OF US if you just, erm, disappear the evildoers. You know, like those rare "disappearance" cases where people simply vanish?

(Folk lore has it that (in the UK at least), they were taken to the Fairie's realm. And you know what happens there. IF you get out - it's much later, although to the released captive it felt like one day or meal. Something about not insulting them or talking to them while you're down there??? I don't remember. Better brush up on my "protocol". )

I'm asking nicely, humbly, not trying to be a smartass - and I'm on the other side of your planet. Just asking. Plus, it's not even 9am here yet. Is WW3 going to erupt today?

I'm sure you can understand why some of us are so desperately unsure of who to believe anymore. The lies just keep being exposed, and it's rather....errm.......unnerving.

(And also, btw, my computer died this morning - it had been acting sick for the last 3 days - and now it's dead. Really dead. Was that a sign that I should stay away? I couldn't do it. I'm on husband's puter now, cause I still want to pay attention.)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Whatt?????

uh oh, Dee.
You don't know who dewey is -- if ANYONE on this forum knows his stuff, he does. And you are calling him ignorant? '
Dewey's studies and knowledge on this subject are like, post-post-Doctorate level stuff. He DOES know what he's talking about.

I'm just gonna go sit in the corner here now....and watch....as you try to work your way out of the corner you've painted yourself into on this thread. Good efforts to hang in there, though, you've been brave and steadfast. And I know how that feels.

Carry on, then, "Deetermined" (to do what, I wonder?) You do realize you've wandered into quicksand here, right? Not the firm footing you were expecting. Swim, they say, is the best idea. Swim, don't struggle.
"Just keep swimming....." sang Dory.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

No, what it really says is that you are evasive and a liar. You want us to think that you don't practice certain things in order to keep from being ridiculed, yet you do them and then you lie about them. I knew you did. I'm only proving my point here on this thread. People who claim the things that you do are all talking to other spirits whether you want to admit it or not.

Do the words "Pride", "Bearing False Witness" and "Judge Not" mean ANYTHING to you, Dee?
ANYTHING?

You call people who enjoy gazing at the firmament as a way to commune with the Universe and remember how humble and insignificant we are on this tiny rock "demon-worshippers"? Holy Cow.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Dewey only claims a handful of scripture in the New Testament to be relevant because he doesn't understand what he reads. It's pretty simple. What he thinks he knows he speaks very eloquent about, but there's always a misinterpretation in there somewhere. The man even argues with everyone in his church during Bible studies.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Communing with the universe is the problem. Everyone should be communing with God instead. Communing with anything other than God opens doors to all kinds of things.

Aren't some of you breaking your "thine eye be single" rule?

edit on 27-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That's just it. There's your reason and then there's God's reason. You have to try and align the two.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

That's just it. There's your reason and then there's God's reason. You have to try and align the two.

OMG.........The Universe IS GOD made evident.

WE ARE trying to align the two. YOU are too afraid to look at the sky, and are calling us liars.

Really? THREE VISUAL AIDS, and you STILL don't see the connection? It's YOUR "alignment" that is faulty, Dee, because your nose is buried in a book and you don't SEE the creation for its breathtaking perfection, beauty, and power. You can't ALIGN anything when you HAVE ONLY ONE point of reference.

I feel like weeping for you. You are so lost.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

There's nothing wrong with admiring creation, but you're not suppose to commune/worship it. There's nothing wrong with being appreciative for what's around you to make you feel close to God, but don't forget to focus on the Creator and not his creations if you want to understand truth.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

So, are you trying to exclude Abraham now too?
I was focusing in on Isaiah since this is the most basic authority cited in the New Testament for what Jesus was doing.

Isaiah 63:16
But you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us or Israel acknowledge us; you, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name.
(2011 NIV)

Isaiah mentions Abraham four times. Besides the verse I just quoted, he is described as being redeemed by The Lord, the friend of The Lord, and as at one time being only one man, all in terms of his relationship with Jacob, as being the father of Jacob, as Jacob being descended from him, and again as being his father.
My point being that in Isaiah, Abraham is not a central character but is relevant in relation with Jacob, who is the main subject.
edit on 27-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Isaiah 63:16
But you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us or Israel acknowledge us; you, LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name. (2011 NIV)

Well, Abraham doesn't know them because he's already dead and can't help them. Israel doesn't acknowledge them because they don't believe in the Redeemer. Back then a lot of the Jews thought that only being a descendant of Abraham made them worthy of being a child of God and accepting the inheritance given to Abraham, but this person recognizes the difference and knows who the Redeemer is who will lead them forward from that time on.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   

I may regret asking this, but who do you think these verses are talking about in the Old Testament when it mentions "the angel of his presence" and the "redeemer"?

Isaiah 63:7-9

7 I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the Lord, and the praises of the Lord, according to all that the Lord hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.

8 For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.

9 In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Yeah? Then why are you accusing people of talking to demons when they're skygazing, or stargazing, and asking meditative questions? GOD is IN THE STARS.

Don't forget that GOD put all those things IN YOUR PERCEPTION FIELD. GOD makes them work. How is that "forgetting" the Creator????

Stop calling people LIARS, Dee. You don't know what anyone else is thinking, who they are talking to, or how they relate to God. You don't. And you have no right to tell us/them that YOU are right and they/WE are demon-conjurers and liars.

Do you really NOT SEE THAT? Do you not ever go out and work in a garden, work WITH nature to create something that pleases you? Encourage flowers to grow? THAT IS GOD, working with you.

Gha..... I just don't think you're reachable, really. Okay, enjoy your doom and gloom and inactivity. Just keep readin' that thar Bible, and telling everyone else they are liars and doomed if they don't change to YOUR WAYS.

Sad. Very sad. What a dreary outlook, life, and worldview.
I hope your "time" comes soon, if that's what you want. Just leave the rest of us out of it. We don't want your horrid scenario.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

GOD is IN THE STARS.

No, he's not. God sits above the stars. God created them. He does not live in them.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
once i sat and wondered.. what does the word 'Universe' mean

Uni - Verse

One - Verse

One - Phrase or sentence

One - word of God

indeed, this universe was born out of the word of God.

i rest my case.. let those who have eyes to see, see!

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join