It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Find more than one or two rare cases, ie: unheard of, and we can talk more.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
How silly. First off Zimmerman never said Trayvon was looking in windows or in houses. He said he was looking AT houses. Big difference.

actually he did say "IN" in a few of his statements. It was quoted on this thread.
I'm not going to go over all 111 pages to find it. Zimmerman said both 'in' and 'at.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Which channel are you watching? I just saw one legal expert on CNN who contradicts your statement.

www.wftv.com... as well as MSNBC is running ....

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Look .. if someone is beating me up and I have the ability to stop it .. I"m going to.

Yeah, I would, too. If I was taking MMA classes three times a week, I wouldn't lie there, screaming like a girl, helpless while some kid beat the crap out of me. I'd knock him off me.

What's going on in the trial? I had to water the garden.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

The idea that George was taking classes in Florida on law and self-defence and had never heard the term "SYG" is as desperate as it gets.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
George HAD to be aware of SYG law when he was asked that question on the Hannity show,

The professor admitted that the law wasn't taught as 'stand your ground' so when Zimmerman went on Hannity he didnt' know the 'Stand your Ground' connection to the law. So it's convoluted ..

Wait until they hear that George spent numerous sessions defending sustained pressure from an attacker, during his 500 hrs or more at a mma gym.

Wait until they hear that Martin spent numerous social media sessions stating that he was a thug/gangsta ... and his fights ... and his etc etc

See? None of it matters. MMA ... thug wanna be .... doesn't matter.
None of it tells us who started the fight that night.
edit on 7/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanAstikov

True, but it wasn't proven that he knew about the law called "Stand Your Ground", as it wasn't called that at that time. I absolutely believe he knew about it and was lying, but so far, that hasn't been proven in court.

Someone needs to turn off their Skype!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Martin wasn't a frail granny. He was on top and pounding the snot out of Zimmerman.
The professor confirmed that Zimmerman didn't have to be in a life threatening event
but only had to reasonably believe it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Look .. if someone is beating me up and I have the ability to stop it .. I"m going to.

Yeah, I would, too. If I was taking MMA classes three times a week, I wouldn't lie there, screaming like a girl, helpless while some kid beat the crap out of me. I'd knock him off me.

You can watch it live here. nowwatchtvlive.com...

All kinds of stuff going on.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal

No one is arguing he took the class, that he took the part on self defense.

What you seem to be missing is, it was a simple case of semantics. He did not kniw it by the nickname Stand Your Ground Law. It's really THAT simple.

When asked, he answered honestly, he didn't know what SYG law was. He was however, familiar, if he had been asked, with self defense laws, and if he had been asked about Castle Doctrine, or code 776, I feel assured he would have said yes.

The nickname SYG came along later, after he took the class.

It's a nothingburger.

edit on 3-7-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

^^ THIS ^^

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

As I've already said, if the defence starts a muck-raking contest, George is going to lose big time.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Obnoxious attempt to get a witness via cell phone. It's really messed up.
This technical stuff should have been taken care of ahead of time.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I can't stop laughing. #youknowwhy

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
skype spam dods
love it.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
so your gonna listen to the network who's expert put it out there that GM said F...... C... , one of the ones who stated all of the media bias, then after it spread like wildfire, and after they were called on it changed their story.

Name one network who has not done that in this day and age. Just one.

Did you see what I was talking about? Are you sure it was the same "expert"? Of course not, you're simply painting all experts from this one network with the same broad brush.

Fact is this.... I have my own opinions. I have formed these opinions by what I know and what I see. The fact that some talking head on TV says something similar does not make me right. However, I feel that it does validate what I am saying to some extent because clearly I am not the only one who sees it in such a fashion.

as far as i'm concerned, CNN and their Daughter NetWork HLN the home Of Nancy Grace, none of their experts,
should even be considered as unbiased. The same goes for NBC, who seem to be trying to be neutral or even pro GM.

edit on 3-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Nancy Grace

Please don't get me started on that screeching shrew. At least she is something I think you and I both can agree on ... lets hold onto that for a moment and enjoy the serenity of it all

edit on 3-7-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I've had a concussion ... 4 years ago .... my head still whistles to this day.
I still can't watch fast moving tv shows or movies ... or blinking things ...
or flashing things. All because of a 'minor' concussion four years ago.

I had a concussion in 1995 and I still have side effects from it. I still have ringing in my head and flashing lights still mess with my head too. And this is 18 years later, all because I was playing basketball in gym class and went up for a rebound and someone took my legs out from under me, I was knocked out and they just rolled me off to the side and continued playing. Concussions suck.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

^^ THIS ^^

So, you think that because it was never referred to as "SYG" in any class, he couldn't possibly have been aware of the term from anywhere else?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The blog I'm reading says that Prosecution witness Gordon Scotts Pleasants signed a petition at Change.org calling for Zimmermans Arrest.

ETA ... the 'prosecution witness' just said that although the course book had information on how to be a good witness, they did not cover it in class.

Zimmermans career goal in 2011 - wanted to be a prosecutor. (not a cop, like the Prosecution wanted people to think)
edit on 7/3/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
No, to show TM had the propensity for violence and commit burglary, which would add credence to the story GZsaid he saw TM looking in windows.

How silly. First off Zimmerman never said Trayvon was looking in windows or in houses. He said he was looking AT houses. Big difference.

Secondly, Trayvon was not in the commission of committing a burglary or a violent act at the time he drew suspicion from Zimmerman. Plus Zimmerman had no idea who Trayvon was, therefor these things could not possibly have played a part on what Zimmerman thought or why he thought it at the time he began "keeping a visual" on Trayvon and calling 911.

Just as GZ school records don't "prove" GZ was a wannabe cop.

No his school record doesn't. The point of the testimony was to show that Zimmerman lied when he said he never heard of Stand Your Ground and had no idea what it was. Showing that he applied for a ride along with the Sandford PD because he had plans to apply for employment through that department however, adds more fuel to the fire of showing he was a wanna be cop. It also shows a pattern. The pattern being, he had not given up on the idea of becoming a cop after failing to get hired as a cop in Virgina.

No, TM was looking "IN" windows.

"He says he was on his way to Target when he spotted someone lurking around in the rain looking in windows".

www.miamiherald.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by RickKilgannon

I had a concussion in 1995 and I still have side effects from it. I still have ringing in my head and flashing lights still mess with my head too. And this is 18 years later, all because I was playing basketball in gym class and went up for a rebound and someone took my legs out from under me, I was knocked out and they just rolled me off to the side and continued playing. Concussions suck.

Let me guess... you didn't even have time to cushion your impact with your arms/hands before your head hit the ground, did you? Does that sound even remotely like the circumstances George was involved in? We know now he wasn't knocked straight on his back and left too stunned to defend himself, because he walked a further 30ft before he says he either fell over, or was pushed to the ground, or... he's not really sure how it happened, but he got there.

new topics

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114  115 >>

join