It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Zimmerman Trial

page: 113
<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by MrWendal

Find more than one or two rare cases, ie: unheard of, and we can talk more.

You can do your own research. I gave you one off the top of my head just to help get you started. I will help you again, just to help you get started... you can find plenty of examples in Federal Court and in Appeals.

One or two rare cases

You would be better off just admitting you are talking out of your backside and that your knowledge on this subject is rather limited.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

The Miami Herald is not quoting Zimmerman. We need to see what Zimmerman actually said, not an article's casual recollection.

I don't know what Z said, but the Herald isn't proof of his statement.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
At this point there are only 2-3 prosecution witness' left. If I were the defense, I'd be seriously thinking about not bothering to put up any witness'. They have turned every prosecution witness and they really haven't gotten much to have to defend. The prosecution has done the defense's job for them. Come Monday, the defense just might stand up and say .... 'Defense rests'.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

There was a quote somewhere on the past 112 pages (I'm not going looking for it).
Zimmerman has said both ... "in' and 'at'.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
zimmerman is walking free. I would be Surprised if he didn’t. Now there’s threats of “Riots” if he’s let go. That’s fine, let them burn down there own homes and towns.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
so your gonna listen to the network who's expert put it out there that GM said F...... C... , one of the ones who stated all of the media bias, then after it spread like wildfire, and after they were called on it changed their story.

Name one network who has not done that in this day and age. Just one.

Did you see what I was talking about? Are you sure it was the same "expert"? Of course not, you're simply painting all experts from this one network with the same broad brush.

Fact is this.... I have my own opinions. I have formed these opinions by what I know and what I see. The fact that some talking head on TV says something similar does not make me right. However, I feel that it does validate what I am saying to some extent because clearly I am not the only one who sees it in such a fashion.

as far as i'm concerned, CNN and their Daughter NetWork HLN the home Of Nancy Grace, none of their experts,
should even be considered as unbiased. The same goes for NBC, who seem to be trying to be neutral or even pro GM.

edit on 3-7-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

Nancy Grace

Please don't get me started on that screeching shrew. At least she is something I think you and I both can agree on ... lets hold onto that for a moment and enjoy the serenity of it all

edit on 3-7-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

as far as i know, CNN and NBC are the only networks that went out of their way to paint GM as a racist.
the others might have copied their reports, but they didn't fabricate reports or put something out that they knew was unture in this case.

my comment was as to the bias of the network as a whole, and using the expert of a proven bias network to validate one opinions, does hold much water in my book.

now that being said, if you would have used a unbiased source, or one that was leaning towards GM to validate your opinion, that would have stood out more to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

Now go look at Zimmerman's reenactment. Look at Zimmermans Hannity interview and go look at his statements to Police during questioning and tell me what you see.

Let me help you.... he says looking AT houses. Not IN windows in every single one of these interviews. ALl of which have been shown to this jury.

Just like Zimmerman's examples of what makes Martin "suspicious". They include...

a) I didn't recognize him

b) He did not appear to be in a hurry to get out of the rain

c) He was leisurely walking

d) He was not jogging or exercising

None of which is a crime, none of which is "suspicious".

Getting back to the original point, FlyersFan probably said it best when pointing out that Zimmerman has used the term AT and IN both, which is also a contradiction.

edit on 3-7-2013 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Originally posted by FlyersFan
'Defense rests'.

Don't speak too soon.
Best for last.
I love a woman who knows about firearms.

Z looks nervous...
edit on 7/3/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
zimmerman is walking free. I would be Surprised if he didn’t. Now there’s threats of “Riots” if he’s let go. That’s fine, let them burn down there own homes and towns.

Sorry to disappoint you, but they've recorded him racking his firearm on his nen call. The defence thought the audio expert was only there to testify about who did the yelling, but they've done some more tests. That's what I'd have done, anyway.
edit on 3-7-2013 by IvanAstikov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You keep typing GM. I wouldn't call you out on it, but this is the 2nd or 3rd time you've typed GM. Do you mean TM or GZ?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov
Let me guess... you didn't even have time to cushion your impact with your arms/hands before your head hit the ground, did you? Does that sound even remotely like the circumstances George was involved in? We know now he wasn't knocked straight on his back and left too stunned to defend himself, because he walked a further 30ft before he says he either fell over, or was pushed to the ground, or... he's not really sure how it happened, but he got there.

To be honest, the last thing I remember is going up for the rebound, I don't remember the fall or the guy taking my legs out from under me, I was told that later. I remember coming to a few minutes later when one my friends was standing over me trying to see if I was ok. The gym teacher wasn't even in the gym and she ended up getting suspended. So I have no idea if I got my arms/hands down to cushion my fall. I had a huge lump on the back of my head but no cut or bleeding.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
What was the first sweatshirt?
The Hoodie?

And the second one is the inner shirt?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IvanAstikov

Originally posted by camaro68ss

Sorry to disappoint you, but they've recorded him racking his firearm on his nen call. The defence thought the audio expert was only there to testify about who did the yelling, but they've done some more tests. That's what I'd have done, anyway.

sorry to disappoint you, but "racking" his firearm to confront a suspicious person doesn’t mean anything. Cops walk around with a round in the chamber all the time, are they out to shoot people? My family members have concealed weapons permits and carry with a round in the chamber, are they out to kill people? NO

you chamber a round to be ready for the unknown. If he wanted to kill him with intent then he would not have allowed martin to punch him first, straddle him, bang his head on concrete, before shooting him. Why does it matter if he chambered a round?

When I had my house alarm go off a few month ago because someone was breaking into my house, I chambered a round into my .45 as I walked down the stairs. Guess im a killer huh, no, i was getting ready for the unknown that could have been around the corner.

edit on 3-7-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
The defence is going to rip this witness apart. She doesn't seem to have done anywhere near enough shots to justify her claims.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Prosecution witness .... Amy Stewert ... firearm witness.

She's saying that the bullet was fired on purpose, not by accident.
The fragments can't be tested to see if they match the gun.
But none of this matters ... Zimmerman already said that he shot the gun and that he wanted to.

Distance of the firearm from Martin .... (Important stuff)
Tested clothing and pistol ... Looked at patterns of gunpowder on sweatshirt.
She used actual live rounds and sweatshirt pieces from that night for distance tests.

Muzzle was up against the sweatshirt when the shot happened.

Doesn't that back up the defense statement that Martin and Zimmerman were right next to each other?

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

When you've just done it when you have got out of a vehicle to enter a darkened area, and later say you forgot you had it, it does raise an element of doubt about such a claim.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

yes. Two shirts. The gunpowder was on both. It was a point blank shot.

link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What was the first sweatshirt?
The Hoodie?

And the second one is the inner shirt?

That is correct sir.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Same here. I chamber a round every time I go into the bad part of town. Or if I'm in the good part of town and my spider sense is tingling. Or if my dog wakes me up barking. All it means is i recognise a potential threat. It doesnt mean im looking forward to killing. It also doesnt mean im afraid. What good is an unchambered gun?
edit on 3-7-2013 by riffraff because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
she just explained how the gun was touching the sweatshirt when it was fired.

it again goes along with how GZ was on the bottom, the sweatshirt was dangling down into the gun.

She never said pushing against, just 'touching.'

I was waiting for her to say the gun was pushed against it or pushed into TM but didn't.
edit on 7/3/2013 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 110  111  112    114  115  116 >>

join