It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Besides, the second amendment is designed to secure American’s right to bear arms to KILL PEOPLE if need be, so your argument is moot as far as I’m concerned.

American gun culture has very little to do with ownership of weapons. American gun culture is about promoting, profiting from and forcing weapons into the public's mindset. This goes far beyond the basic legal right to own a weapon. I don't remember ever hearing anything about the constitution saying it's a great idea to have a dozen gun magazines on every news stand. I don't remember anyone being given the fundamental legal right to put gun adverts for assault rifles in magazines which have nothing to do with guns. I don't remember the founding father's having a vision of the future where guns are forced into people's consciousness by corporate industry as lifestyle objects or talismans of patriotism.

Why is it a good idea to fill people's heads with a profound obsession over a material object that was designed to kill?

What does current American gun culture have to do with the constitution? Practically nothing.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

BRAVO !

I think your cat is a murder. He should be De-clawed. Its an injustice on how he dreams about killing......

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
I think any non citizens of the United States should have no say in how are gun laws go. back off and worry about cleaning up your own backyards before you worry about us.
Haha, maybe America should of thoght about that when they decided to stick their nose in everyone elses business. This is the modern world, and when such a big nation like America has very outdated gun laws, it is going to cause a lot of headlines around the world.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Logos23

Your perception isnt that far off my friend.

Well i made sure I let it be known it was just my perception...obviously I don't live in the US and so my perception is just based on what I see. I wouldn't be so arrogant as to state that as fact.

But yeah they do often seem a tad jumpy and seem to react more on emotion's and tension's...which if true can't be a good thing for an armed police force!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
WHAT??

Guns don't grow legs, aim at targets and pull their own triggers??

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by liverlad

Guns got invented as a new weapon of war, they are not desgined for anything else other than killing things.

Was the sling shot invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were knives invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were swords invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were bow and arrows invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Just because they were designed to “kill" doesn’t mean that you should fear their ownership. Look at it however you will but I’ve already shown you how they are mainly used for something other than killing. Target shooting is extremely popular across the globe, actually.

Besides, the second amendment is designed to secure American’s right to bear arms to KILL PEOPLE if need be, so your argument is moot as far as I’m concerned.

Yep, I see that you do not include the girl at home who had a gun in holster, this time around. Someone is giving good advice.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

I agree, there is no need to fear reasonable people who have these tools, however there is no need to fear introducing measures to make sure only reasonable people get access to these weapons (Unless you are an unreasonable person). Don't get me wrong i am not totally anti gun or anything, just believe that that America could do with better gun laws. I think it's a shame that such a modern country can suffer with so much gun crime.

Also, my original point still stands, the gun was originally invented for killing other people, that's a fact.
edit on 16-2-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

It's nice to see a reasonable person on here. I have the same view as you.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yep , and if there noone to shoot the gun they would not be victims. It takes a person to make the gun kill, it wont do it on its own.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is an epic thread..

I agree with the OP..

dude....great way to prove a point!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

I think any non citizens of the United States should have no say in how are gun laws go. back off and worry about cleaning up your own backyards before you worry about us.
Haha, maybe America should of thoght about that when they decided to stick their nose in everyone elses business. This is the modern world, and when such a big nation like America has very outdated gun laws, it is going to cause a lot of headlines around the world.

You know what your totally right about that, my bad for just plain old ignoring that fact(not sure how i could but i did). Sometimes i hit that reply button to quick.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Have your weapons been to anger management?!? Nice collection. First pistol I bought new in box had a large bright label inside that read " WARNING! This gun can kill you!".... I'm still here.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Wonder what you'd say to any Polish person who was herded into ghettos in 36' after having their guns confiscated by their government.
How about the Jewish populations of Germany, Italy, Czechoslovakia, and Russia in 39' when their weapons got confiscated and they recieved a one way ticket to a furnace because of it?
Any words of wisdom for those who dies at the hands of Stalin when he confiscated his peoples weapons...theres about 20 million of them.
No? Well how about those tens of millions that Pol Pot murdered after a confiscation?

Theres nothing new under the sun....when a government restricts guns, history has shown it is for one purpose...killing its own people.

##snipped##

Well, Obama has already killed two American citizens with zero evidence. Drones in the skies while gun grabbing legislation is being pushed. Meanwhile, the acronym agencies are buying bullets in the billions and building underground bunkers like madmen. The dollar is plummeting, Russia is flying nuclear missiles around our bases in Guam, Korea is agitating SE Asia, Kerry the traitor is SecDef....yeah...the world is going to hell and somehow taking MY assault weapon will change any of that...get fricken real for a minute.

Furthermore, could care less about who died in Newtown or any other gun crime. Who really cares?? Noone but the families...thats who. So Im sorry....I see no Right offered in our founding documents that gaurantees you wo.t be murdered by a firearm. In fact, I see nothing granting any personal protection against any violent crime besides general laws.
The right of people to not be murdered will never trump my God given right to own a firearm...a firearm capable of defending my family against ALL intruders, including the government.
edit on Sat Feb 16 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

OP - take this guy for example. Several seconds into talking about guns and he's already living out fantasies about shooting up his neighbourhood. Look at the mentality your posts are encouraging?

Maybe he was proving a point…

If I take him at his word, I would believe this is more reason for me to own a firearm. I don’t want someone with that mentality stalking my home…do you? How would you defend yourself against him if what he says is accurate; police take on average 10 minutes to respond?

I would shoot him if he entered my home. What would you do? Would you pull out your knife or bow and arrows? Would you TALK him out of killing you or raping your wife or stealing your property?

Ask him what his answer would be to your weak pleas for mercy….

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think it's absolutely true that a gun is an inanimate object.....although it is a man made thing and not something naturally occurring. As such discussion's on whether they are good or bad for a society and the impact they have is quite valid.

The only argument I see is how you stop those who use them or have the potential to use them for destruction in a society, whilst not penalizing those who own them responsibly.

I'm not sure how you balance that out......

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by starfoxxx
If they want to come and get them well come on punks make my day!!!

c'mon, no one is going to come around collecting guns from cold dead hands. This paranoid delusion needs to stop.
At most they'll ban the SALE of semi-autos, and grandfather in any already owned ones.

and seriously, if the feds did show up at your door, most of you would piss your pants and hand over all your guns. It's easy to act tough on the internet, but it's just talk and it's cheap.

The "study" of the OP is unoriginal and not funny.
If talk is so cheap then why was Chris Dorner taken so seriously or for other instances threats to harm someone is taken not only as an act of aggression but also illegal... If the feds showed up forcefully and violently taking peoples firearms away, the south will rise again.. It is not cheap talk it is a fact. People who antagonize these issues would love to see the government come in and confiscate law abiding citizens gun just so they can happily watch America be no more... This experiment is no delusion, to further expand it, look at all the gun shows in the country that go on without a single hitch.. The California proposed gun control laws do not grandfather ANYTHING in that they deem illegal... Turn them in or your just a no good felon....
edit on 16-2-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by seabag

If people and animals were not around... who would guns shoot??

Apparently guns can't go without shooting something simply because that is what they do. would the guns shoot each other??

Had the USA only sent m1s and thompsons to fight ww2 would we have been successful in ww2??

Wouldn't we save ourselves a bundle if we just deployed guns to iraq and afghanistan and left the people at home??

why is it that we need to train a security force in iraq and afghanistan?? can't we just leave a crap ton of guns there to do that job without training anyone?

I also have another question. If i buy a gun will it successfully hit an intruder on its own or do i need to take it to a gun trainer?? Can i buy one trained only to shoot bad people and to know how to differentiate between me and my family and my dogs?? Is there an extra charge for training my gun how to shoot??

I hear that the bigger the mag the more ill behaved a gun is.. does that mean that a gun with 20 bullets is more likely to turn on me than one with 5???

One final thing. When choosing a gun what are signs that the gun has a good temperament and that it won't shoot me in the head and run off and shoot up a place.

Thanks in advance

Your post was overlooked, votan.

I think it needs to see the light of day once again.

You might make too much sense...maybe some don't get your humor.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

BRAVO !

I think your cat is a murder. He should be De-clawed. Its an injustice on how he dreams about killing......

NOT A CHANCE!

The cat was highly trained…and I’ll repeat….NO CATS or PEOPLE were harmed during this experiment!

It’s silly, huh? It’s silly to listen to smart people throw up fallacious arguments against something that’s a no-brainer.

I forgive them! The brainwashing is heavy and hard to resist unless you apply yourself and WANT to see what’s going on.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Look, we get the same anti-2nd Amd. posters on here as on all the other gun threads.

Right now, they are on a spree in the press and on the internet. I won't even start with all talking points.

My question to them is were you this enthusiastic when the 4th Amendment took a hit with the Patriot Act? Did it make you feel safer? Are the children better off now? There were jihadists under every rock ready to bring down the republic at any moment. "Something" had to be done! We saw it all on the news day after day, right? Do you honestly feel the TSA, DHS, and drones in our skies fit the bill? It was a "common sense" approach to the problem, yes?

Point Blank: Do you really trust the crew we have in DC to craft quality legislation which will follow the law of the land and solve the problem you so fear? Why do you trust them to look after your well being when they have proven they do not give damn about your well being? They got theirs and you aren't worth s***. The only ace in the hole you have is what the Constitution provides yet you cheer lead for its destruction one piece at a time. What do you think is going to be the next boogy man we will need to do "something" about? It is astonishing you see no pattern here.

Most of the "gun wackos" working to keep the 2nd Amd as-is are working to make the government obey the law on other fronts too. Yet you chastise and belittle them like a good little MSM parrot. It is a free country for at least a little while longer so keep it up Polly. You are almost there.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If you want to ban guns or get rid of guns then you must get rid of the behavior that lead to the invention of the gun for protection.

Short of that putting out legislation is nothing more than masterbation that gets NOTHING done.

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join