It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwhiteandblue

The only thing this proves is that Newton was right and an object at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon an outside force... and that you are an irresponsible gun owner if you left a loaded weapon on your porch.

Did Newton say I was irresponsible or did you?

I understand and agree…it would never be a good idea to leave guns on a porch in public.

But you got the point! Guns don’t kill people…people kill people. And the next point you need to understand is that NO MATTER WHAT LAW WE PASS, criminals will always have guns (criminals are bad people). Gun laws don’t affect them…they negatively affect YOU AND ME.

Now ask yourself this: Do you want to be UNARMED when that ARMED CRIMINAL enters your home?

edit on 16-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Guns don't kill people all by themselves.

But then nobody said they did.

edit on 16-2-2013 by Helmkat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Guns are tools they serve a purpose and that purpose is to kill. Knives can be used to kill but they are close quarter weapons, meaning that in order to kill someone, one has to be closer that ten feet away.

Guns are designed to kill people and animals they serve no other purpose and by that I mean what other reason would you need a gun for.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

OP,

I would clean your rifles free for a year, after you came home from the range, just for your post.

Hats off!

Thanks, buddy!

Too bad for me you don’t own a gun range…I’d like some free range time and maybe some wholesale ammo (if you could even get it these days!!!).

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

Guns are tools they serve a purpose and that purpose is to kill. Knives can be used to kill but they are close quarter weapons, meaning that in order to kill someone, one has to be closer that ten feet away.

Guns are designed to kill people and animals they serve no other purpose and by that I mean what other reason would you need a gun for.

Well, those are GREAT reasons but I can give you another…

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
This wasnt funny, clever or valid when posted by those 2 hillbilllys on youtube and its not funny, clever or valid after youve plagiarised them and passed it off as your own great idea.

I would love to see the average IQs of gun owners vs non gun owners, the fact anyone finds this amusing or compelling says alot

I would argue the point that anyone who DOESN'T find this amusing or common sense says alot

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

that is the premise behind gun control apparently they do

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make.

Your sole point is that 'inanimate objects don't move'. Which is a tautology. Those mistaking tautologies for wit and humour should probably make lesser demands on the postings of others.
edit on 16-2-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by seabag

So you left a bunch of loaded guns out in the open where anyone could have picked one up and shot you in the face and because that didn’t happen it proves that guns don’t kill people.....

That was just dangerous it was never going to prove anything, Guns kill people but so do people, it is the person that pulls the trigger but its the gun that pushes that bullet out and into some unfortunate fellows face.

The whole “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” is just a gimmick it has no value as a legitimate argument.

I am no gun grabber by any means but dude, seriously, what you done today was just stupid and was never going to prove anything.

Isn't this the exact uneducated response this entire thread is targeting!

There was nothing dangerous about it AT ALL.

If there were no guns in this thread and Mr OP was simply sitting on his porch, some random person could have come and strangled or stabbed or even headbutted him to death.... pick your own form of life ending incidence.

I think the USA should ban index fingers... they're dangerous!

~CrzayFool

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I’ve got to run…I’m starting a new experiment with spoons this afternoon. I’ve heard they cause many American’s to become obese.

I sure hope you ain't crazy enough to use them "assault spoons"!!

edit on 16-2-2013 by NickK3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

My point is that the only reason one would make or have a gun is to kill someone. Guns are used for killing, they serve no other purpose.

As far as target practice that only is relatable to more efficient killing.

Guns kill people as that is what they are designed to do.....

Any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

Arrows are purposed to kill at range - do you want to ban archery as well? David killed Goliath with a stone - should we outlaw gravel driveways?

Anyone sufficiently motivated to kill will find a weapon to use. That weapon may be a gun, an arrow, a knife, rat poison, a stone or even hands.

Why not cut to the chase and outlaw life - because without life, there could be no death.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
All those guns and no death or injury! Wow, I thought something would've happened for sure!... lol

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

reply to post by Redwhiteandblue

The only thing this proves is that Newton was right and an object at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon an outside force... and that you are an irresponsible gun owner if you left a loaded weapon on your porch.

Did Newton say I was irresponsible or did you?

I understand and agree…it would never be a good idea to leave guns on a porch in public.

But you got the point! Guns don’t kill people…people kill people. And the next point you need to understand is that NO MATTER WHAT LAW WE PASS, criminals will always have guns (criminals are bad people). Gun laws don’t affect them…they negatively affect YOU AND ME.

Now ask yourself this: Do you want to be UNARMED when that ARMED CRIMINAL enters your home?

I know what the point you are trying to get across is and I agree with it.. I just think there might of been a better way to get your point across.. everyone already knows a gun won't go off on its own.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

My point is that the only reason one would make or have a gun is to kill someone. Guns are used for killing, they serve no other purpose.

Any thoughts?

a gun is a tool ..and like any other tool its designed to make whatever job its purpose is easier and more efficient..whatever the job is

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by stutteringp0et

Arrows are purposed to kill at range - do you want to ban archery as well? David killed Goliath with a stone - should we outlaw gravel driveways?

Anyone sufficiently motivated to kill will find a weapon to use. That weapon may be a gun, an arrow, a knife, rat poison, a stone or even hands.

Why not cut to the chase and outlaw life - because without life, there could be no death.

Mhmm.. and if a psychopath wants to kill he will find a way to do it regardless... Just look at Ted Bundy.. No guns... Escaped from prison twice just to go on another killing spree...

There will always be Jack the rippers, Ted Bundys and Adam Lanzas walking among us no matter what the times are or what is available to them.. The only thing about guns is the convenience of getting the job done quickly.

If you ask me, i'd rather die to shot to the head than stabbed and bleed to death.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by stutteringp0et

The only function of a gun is to kill people and as far as the things you have mention they serve other functions..

An arrow for instance is a truly honorable way to hunt, as well as is it the basis for a knife
historically. There are plenty of losers on this earth who think killing makes sense why give
them guns.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad
Guns do kill people, they are designed just for that, and that only.

Name another use for a gun?

Guns are an invention that has killed millions of people, don't kid yourself.

Three people, including a teenager, went face-to-face with an unlikely visitor to a Brookfield, Mass., home on Sunday: a wild bobcat.

"[The bobcat] just jumped on him, you know -- claws on him, was just trying to get him," Mortenson told WHDH.

Amid the frenzy, Mundell and his wife managed to pin the animal to the ground with a walking crutch. While Mundell kneeled on the bobcat, his wife darted inside to retrieve a handgun, which Mundell used to shoot and kill the animal, Blancherd said.

Brookfield Man Mauled by Bobcat

Kinda seems to me that a gun is kinda useful when attacked by a rabid wild animal myself......

I hear that the sound of a shotgun being cocked also works as a pretty reliable deterrent in the event of a burgalary break in attempt also.

Who knows though.....

Perhaps these are not the droids you are looking for?......

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

Any thoughts?

Not everybody gets or has guns just to kill people, give me a break. How many times do people have to show you other reasons or uses to have guns. You need to get it outta your head that guns kill without an operator and that there are no other reasons or uses for guns. Lets see what kinds of guns do we have that are not created for killing. Hmm, lets see, flare guns, dart guns, air soft guns, paintball guns, rubber band guns, net guns, grappeling gun, just to name a few

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kashai

No my friend. The purpose of a rifle / pistol is to expel a bullet from the barrel. What that bullet does is subject to the user.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join