It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

If people and animals were not around... who would guns shoot??

Apparently guns can't go without shooting something simply because that is what they do. would the guns shoot each other??

Had the USA only sent m1s and thompsons to fight ww2 would we have been successful in ww2??

Wouldn't we save ourselves a bundle if we just deployed guns to iraq and afghanistan and left the people at home??

why is it that we need to train a security force in iraq and afghanistan?? can't we just leave a crap ton of guns there to do that job without training anyone?

I also have another question. If i buy a gun will it successfully hit an intruder on its own or do i need to take it to a gun trainer?? Can i buy one trained only to shoot bad people and to know how to differentiate between me and my family and my dogs?? Is there an extra charge for training my gun how to shoot??

I hear that the bigger the mag the more ill behaved a gun is.. does that mean that a gun with 20 bullets is more likely to turn on me than one with 5???

One final thing. When choosing a gun what are signs that the gun has a good temperament and that it won't shoot me in the head and run off and shoot up a place.

Thanks in advance

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
I think the OP has taught us all a lesson.. Guns are only deadly if used for their intended purpose.
Actually a gun is a pretty good determent to keep people who might think twice about committing a violent act against a law abiding gun toting American, or rob a 7/11, or burglarize a house.... The same saying goes for door locks, they only keep the good people out and the temptation down from doing something they normally would not. i would go on a limb and say the intended purpose of a gun is to make them people on the fence think twice before doing something stupid. Which is why ALL cops carry..
edit on 16-2-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Also, you can't unlearn something that's already learned. Guns were already invented and you can't make them go away.

No, you can't uninvent guns, but you can get rid of the (completely anomalous) american gun culture. You can get rid of the gun magazines, and the gun adverts and military product placement in every tv show and movie. You can get rid of the culture of people who think it's smart and clever to parade the dozen assault rifles they own on an internet forum read by impressionable teenagers? You could make them feel like idiots for showing-off about a very serious tool that should really only be represented respectfully, and with mindful consideration for the consequences of intellectually normalising a tool designed specifically to kill?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by FlyersFan

If you take away guns, then law abiding citizens can't protect themselves .. and the criminals will ALWAYS find a way to get an illegal firearm.

You seem all the expert on criminals. Are you a criminal yourself or did you just surmise the above statement in fairy dream land...

Someone call for a criminal? Well here I am to tell you that I am in favor of strict gun control. I hope they confiscate everyones firearms because then, I and my ilk can run roughshod over you civvies.
If noone but me has a gun, I can force my will on anyone at any time without endangering myself. LEO response time in most suburbs are over 10 minutes. Know what me and one gun can accomplish in that time!? You dont wanna.

One liberal gun grabber argument makes no sense to me and I hope someone could explain:

A liberal gun grabber claims,"If we can save just one life, then we must do something to get rid of guns!" Well think about all the murders after a gun ban that coulda been prevented if the person didnt have to turn in his gun to begin with?? Oh...I get it...the only people whos lives mean something to a gun grabbing liberal are those who agree with them lol.

The bar for stupid gets lowered every single time some liberal scum has an audience.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23
reply to post by seabag

To back up the point that I and another member made about violent crime between countries not being comparable....

In the US violent crime consists of only four offence's.... murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.

FBI Violent Crime

Compared to England and Wale's that has a HUGE list of offence's it classifies as violent crimes and as such show up in the violent crime stats for England and Wales. Which include ALL of the four above and a further extensive list that includes possession of weapon's, harassment, ALL sexual crime's not just rape, conduct that is likely to cause fear alarm or distress, child neglect and cruelty...and many many more crimes, it is a long list!

The WHOLE of section 5.1 that deal's with violent crime in this official document that I shall post a link for next should give you a good idea of how big the difference's are between US and England and Wales reporting of violent crime and the kind of crimes that show up in England and Wales violent crime statistic's.
As you can see it's clear that violent crime statistics in the US and England and Wales are not comparable because they don't include the same list of crimes.

User Guide To Home Office Crime Statistic's

Again I don't come with any argument that gun's should be taken away from the American people......but it is important to know what you are comparing when looking at a graph or quoting statistic's otherwise it lead's to ignorance.

The stats I cited on homicides was a UN STUDY.

I'm pretty sure the UN understands the distinction.

Well I don't know where the homicide figure's came from because you didn't post a link for them but I shall take your word for it....because that's neither here nor there because I didn't dispute the homicide figures and the reliability when comparing them. I actually only questioned violent crime statistic's for all the very valid and proven reason's I stated backed up with credible sources that I linked to.

The statistics you linked to pertaining to violent crime rate's was not the original source.....and no...no distinction was made that different countries include different crime's in their violent crime rate's.

You are clutching at straws....

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by seabag

So you left a bunch of loaded guns out in the open where anyone could have picked one up and shot you in the face and because that didn’t happen it proves that guns don’t kill people.....

That was just dangerous it was never going to prove anything, Guns kill people but so do people, it is the person that pulls the trigger but its the gun that pushes that bullet out and into some unfortunate fellows face.

The whole “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” is just a gimmick it has no value as a legitimate argument.

I am no gun grabber by any means but dude, seriously, what you done today was just stupid and was never going to prove anything.

So we ban all hammers because thats what ignites the bullet?
A gun is basically a mechanical hammer.

Inanimate objects do not make choices.
Do guns go to prison?
edit on 16-2-2013 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

Bullets, can and do explode spontaneously without a hammer. It is better to say then, that inanimate objects don't have choices.
edit on 16-2-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

link   
reply to post by CaptainOblivious

*SIGH* another person think that Gun Control = Taking guns away.

Control =/= Confiscation.

No wonder paranoia is rampant with gun owners.

___

Shepard: "The afrikan gonna take ur guns! criminals gonna rape ur family!"

"heres our money, take it all, give us guns"

Shepard: *$$$*

edit on 2/16/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by liverlad

What do you not get here. This little experiment was about what would guns do if nobody was around them, meaning no people near the guns. because so many people like to say that guns kill people when in fact they do not, people kill people.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

without the human element guns are pretty safe if you ask me.
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainOblivious

If you take away guns, then law abiding citizens can't protect themselves .. and the criminals will ALWAYS find a way to get an illegal firearm.

You seem all the expert on criminals. Are you a criminal yourself or did you just surmise the above statement in fairy dream land...

Someone call for a criminal? Well here I am to tell you that I am in favor of strict gun control. I hope they confiscate everyones firearms because then, I and my ilk can run roughshod over you civvies.
If noone but me has a gun, I can force my will on anyone at any time without endangering myself. LEO response time in most suburbs are over 10 minutes. Know what me and one gun can accomplish in that time!? You dont wanna.

One liberal gun grabber argument makes no sense to me and I hope someone could explain:

A liberal gun grabber claims,"If we can save just one life, then we must do something to get rid of guns!" Well think about all the murders after a gun ban that coulda been prevented if the person didnt have to turn in his gun to begin with?? Oh...I get it...the only people whos lives mean something to a gun grabbing liberal are those who agree with them lol.

The bar for stupid gets lowered every single time some liberal scum has an audience.

OP - take this guy for example. Several seconds into talking about guns and he's already living out fantasies about shooting up his neighbourhood. Look at the mentality your posts are encouraging?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus

What do you not get here. This little experiment was about what would guns do if nobody was around them, meaning no people near the guns. because so many people like to say that guns kill people when in fact they do not people kill people.
People with guns kill people.

As i said before, people are only HALF the problem, the other half is the easy access of deadly killing tools.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Seabag great thread bro...

I see the sock puppet brigade are out and about evidently

Pathetic

I see the 'manly avatar' brigade are out and about too.. joy.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Guns got invented as a new weapon of war, they are not desgined for anything else other than killing things.

Was the sling shot invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were knives invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were swords invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were bow and arrows invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Just because they were designed to “kill" doesn’t mean that you should fear their ownership. Look at it however you will but I’ve already shown you how they are mainly used for something other than killing. Target shooting is extremely popular across the globe, actually.

Besides, the second amendment is designed to secure American’s right to bear arms to KILL PEOPLE if need be, so your argument is moot as far as I’m concerned.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

What do you not get here. This little experiment was about what would guns do if nobody was around them, meaning no people near the guns. because so many people like to say that guns kill people when in fact they do not people kill people.

As i said before, people are only HALF the problem, the other half is the easy access of deadly killing tools.

No people kill people, meaning people will kill people with anything.
there for people kill people with tools sometimes.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Guns got invented as a new weapon of war, they are not desgined for anything else other than killing things.

Was the sling shot invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were knives invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were swords invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Were bow and arrows invented to kill other humans or to hunt?

Just because they were designed to “kill" doesn’t mean that you should fear their ownership. Look at it however you will but I’ve already shown you how they are mainly used for something other than killing. Target shooting is extremely popular across the globe, actually.

Besides, the second amendment is designed to secure American’s right to bear arms to KILL PEOPLE if need be, so your argument is moot as far as I’m concerned.

I agree, there is no need to fear reasonable people who have these tools, however there is no need to fear introducing measures to make sure only reasonable people get access to these weapons (Unless you are an unreasonable person). Don't get me wrong i am not totally anti gun or anything, just believe that that America could do with better gun laws. I think it's a shame that such a modern country can suffer with so much gun crime.

Also, my original point still stands, the gun was originally invented for killing other people, that's a fact.
edit on 16-2-2013 by liverlad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think any non citizens of the United States should have no say in how are gun laws go. back off and worry about cleaning up your own backyards before you worry about us.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by starfoxxx
If they want to come and get them well come on punks make my day!!!

c'mon, no one is going to come around collecting guns from cold dead hands. This paranoid delusion needs to stop.
At most they'll ban the SALE of semi-autos, and grandfather in any already owned ones.

and seriously, if the feds did show up at your door, most of you would piss your pants and hand over all your guns. It's easy to act tough on the internet, but it's just talk and it's cheap.

The "study" of the OP is unoriginal and not funny.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Originally posted by CaptainOblivious

OP - take this guy for example. Several seconds into talking about guns and he's already living out fantasies about shooting up his neighbourhood. Look at the mentality your posts are encouraging?

Oh, Im sorry, apparently Liberals can't multi-task with their limited brain power. My sarcasm is apparently lost on this tool shed.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by liverlad

No people kill people, meaning people will kill people with anything.
there for people kill people with tools sometimes.
Yes, however the gun is a tool that allows people to kill a lot of other people, it's a deadly tool which is half of the problem. Yes people kill people, they always have done and will always do, it's just the #ty part of life. You are never going to fix the people part of the problem, but surely giving everyone easy access to a lethal killing tool can't be a good idea can it?

Guns don't kill people, makes me laugh everytime i hear that one, try telling that to the many people who have died by the gun.

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join