It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Independent Study Proves Guns Don’t Kill People *Shocking Evidence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+226 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I was sitting on my porch Saturday morning contemplating all of the news reports I’ve heard about gun violence. I believe there is an active conspiracy to mislead us! It occurred to me that no scientific study has conclusively disproved the myth that guns kill people, so I set out to do just that. Bear with me….it gets better!

I wanted to create the perfect conditions for a gun to kill someone so I set out to find a great location with a lot of victims. Because I live in a rural area, I decided to take a ride to a friend’s house in Dallas. There just happened to be many people (men, women, and a lot of children) out enjoying the nice weather. It was time to begin.

I started out with one tiny little pistol. I figured this gun had the least chance of killing someone.

I left the little guy on the porch fully loaded for exactly one hour…no one died! I then decided to up the stakes so I put 3 loaded pistols on the porch. One of them was the infamous 40cal. I knew I’d see results!

Another hour past and nothing happened. I decided to spend 30 minutes taunting the guns to elicit a violent response. I called them every 4 letter word I could think of. I even slapped the big one a few times while berating it…NOTHING happened! So far this experiment was a success.

It was time to step up to the extremely dangerous ASSAULT RIFLE!

I loaded 25 rounds of 5.56mm +P ammunition into a HI CAPACITY MAGAZINE, charged a round into the chamber and set it on the front porch with the SAFETY OFF (maybe that was the problem). I elevated the rifle by resting it across the arms of a chair so it could see all of the children at play. If anything was going to happen, now was the time.

1 hour later – NOTHING!

By this time I was convinced that I had been lied to by the government. I couldn’t replicate the gun violence I’d read about so many times! It was time for the FINAL TEST!

I put 5 high powered, fully loaded ASSAULT RIFLES and a sub-machine gun loaded with 100 rounds on the porch facing people!! Surely this would spark a mass shooting!!

NOTHING!

I was left scratching my head…

How had these dangerous ‘tools of war’ not killed dozens and wounded hundreds more? I had all the right ammo loaded, I had them in public, I had them near men, women and lots of children, I even taunted them and tried to provoke them into action, but nothing at all happened.

I think this proves that we’ve been lied to…

Guns DON’T kill people after all.

I’ve got to run…I’m starting a new experiment with spoons this afternoon. I’ve heard they cause many American’s to become obese.

edit on 16-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
That cat sure looked scared!

Fact is a gun can sit on a shelf for years, and never kill anyone as with any tool it requires an operator.

Government pundits say you should be scared of guns, and they need government to protect them so ask them who is going to protect them from government?

Silence.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That cat sure looked scared!

*FOR THE RECORD*

No cats were harmed during this study!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

W.B will be on this thread soon to call you a neocon,and say you are being culturally insensitive to guns.

+8 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

W.B will be on this thread soon to call you a neocon,and say you are being culturally insensitive to guns.

*FOR THE RECORD*

I used guns from a few different countries because I didn’t want to skew the results or show favoritism, and I only slapped around and provoked a black pistol because I didn’t have a white, pink or green pistol to use for the test.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Great post, I starred and flagged! You know this will go nowhere as intelligence is highly frowned upon here.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Excellent forsite, I see you have all the base's covered.Good job! I comend you. S&F for the post

+107 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

So you left a bunch of loaded guns out in the open where anyone could have picked one up and shot you in the face and because that didn’t happen it proves that guns don’t kill people.....

That was just dangerous it was never going to prove anything, Guns kill people but so do people, it is the person that pulls the trigger but its the gun that pushes that bullet out and into some unfortunate fellows face.

The whole “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” is just a gimmick it has no value as a legitimate argument.

I am no gun grabber by any means but dude, seriously, what you done today was just stupid and was never going to prove anything.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

For the Record no humans were either.

Second now second forever and for those who don't like the second tough.

+69 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

What is stupid is thinking a gun can go off all by it's lonesome the op made a point that was obviously lost on some.

+81 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
The whole “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” is just a gimmick it has no value as a legitimate argument.

Yes, guns just miracle their way into bank jobs, murders and shoot outs eh?

People are responsible for their own actions not an inanimate object.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

While I'm conflicted on the gun issue and think it needs to be discussed, I find your work on this thread to be brilliant. I'm surprised the NRA hasn't picked you up for their marketing department.

+44 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

That was just dangerous it was never going to prove anything, Guns kill people but so do people, it is the person that pulls the trigger but its the gun that pushes that bullet out and into some unfortunate fellows face.

No, my experiment proved that guns don’t kill people.

I spent several hours under ideal conditions and nobody died.

That’s a fact!

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

While I'm conflicted on the gun issue and think it needs to be discussed, I find your work on this thread to be brilliant. I'm surprised the NRA hasn't picked you up for their marketing department.

Thanks for the kind words!

Who knows? The day is still young! Maybe I’ll get a phone call and a paying gig!

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Naive and weak populism at best, sprinkled with ignorance - this is your post my dear Sir.

Stating the obvious in funny (mainly to yourself) way and delivering your statement in hammy convoluted way does not change the fact that people having less guns equals less people killed with guns.

+70 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Do you practice those patronising comments or do they just come naturally to you?

I don’t think you’re getting my point,

The idea that “guns don’t kill people, people kill people” is flawed because while yes the individual holding the gun is ultimately responsible for pulling the trigger the existence of the gun gives the individual the means to kill hence the gun is also partly responsible for the death of another as it was the tool used.

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If they want to come and get them well come on punks make my day!!!

+64 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

True in this instance you did prove that under those circumstances guns don’t kill people, unless someone was to pick it up and shoot you in the face your hypothesis was always going to be correct.

Next time try replicating those results by leaving a loaded gun in the cafeteria of a supermax prison and tell my if the results are replicated.

+19 more 
posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Nope fact is people use other items to kill other people don't see anyone trying to ban those besides the fact remains no gun control law on the books doesn't prevent murder since there already is a law against that.

What is patronizing is telling me I am dangerous and my property needs to be taken away from me from doing nothing wrong just like millions who have done nothing wrong.

Gun control is a conviction of what a person might do that convicts and entire group for the actions of the one.
edit on 16-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gigaherc

Naive and weak populism at best, sprinkled with ignorance - this is your post my dear Sir.

Thanks for the S&F and the kind words of encouragement!

Stating the obvious in funny (mainly to yourself) way and delivering your statement in hammy convoluted way does not change the fact that people having less guns equals less people killed with guns.

Sometimes you just have to make light of the stupidity around us, friend, otherwise you’d go insane!

And to your point, the states in the US with the strictest gun laws have the highest violent crime rates (Hello Chicago and New York)!!

Also, violent crime in the US has been on a steady decline for DECADES even as gun sales rise. Explain that!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join