It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You weren't long-winded, I understood your position more than I had before. I'm more trying to see if power has to do with owning a gun, because I haven't seen such an outcry from Americans on any issue as I have seen with the gun-control issue in my lifetime.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Not a problem at all, and I'm glad you could see that.

This is the argument I have with my parents about a multitude of things; the World is not the same way it was years ago when they were growing up...Government didn't fluoridate your water, vaccines weren't made to infect you, and they didn't fill your food with poisonous additives to make their pharmaceutical companies loads of money off the illness and disease they caused before hand, while handing you pills that cause their own problems....

Satan, or simply 'evil' itself, has taken control of this world in a very short period of time...Evil, has no morals, and plays by a very different set of rules, than us good guys do.

edit on 19-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by EyesWideShut

"Because I can" isn't really a very good reason...

And what does "people like me" mean?

You don't know me, so stop pretending you do.

"Because I can" isn't really a very good reason...

According to who? How arrogant of you to question how someone chooses to live (within the law) in a foreign country. This isn't something that's culturally complex but morally wrong (Stonings, honor killings, genital mutilation) It's a man doing something that you don't agree with, get over it.

"People like you" means people that question a persons choice in how they choose to exercise their 2nd amendment rights when they don't live in the country that the 2nd amendment covers and don't have an intimate knowledge of the culture that one would get by growing up here.

That is what people like you means. You've told me all I need to know about you regarding this particular subject matter and discussion. You still haven't answered my 2nd amendment question that I posed 2 pages back, but that's ok.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by spiritualzombie

If it's a right then yes exercising it should always be good. That's kinda the point behind a 'right'. Any 'right'.

Exercising a right is not always the right thing to do.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   

A right or freedom not exercised, is a right or freedom lost.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

So questioning how one interprets the second amendment is the same as calling 911 in a panic?

No, you were trying to imply that I'm scared of guns and people carrying guns, I'm not surprised that you came to this conclusion though, since us Australians must have no experience with guns at all, right?

Most of us have no need for anything bigger than a 223 CZ, but that's only my opinion. I don't take it shopping with me though...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

If it's a right then yes exercising it should always be good. That's kinda the point behind a 'right'. Any 'right'.

Exercising a right is not always the right thing to do.

Agreed, it's a personal decision though and that's where the freedom comes in, the personal choice to exercise a right in which this country was founded on. I stated previously that this isn't something that I myself would do, but I do support the mans right to do what he pleases within the law, even if it isn't popular, that's when your rights are needed most, when doing something unpopular. I don't agree with what many people say, but I do support their right to say it under the 1st amendment.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

So questioning how one interprets the second amendment is the same as calling 911 in a panic?

No, you were trying to imply that I'm scared of guns and people carrying guns, I'm not surprised that you came to this conclusion though, since us Australians must have no experience with guns at all, right?

Most of us have no need for anything bigger than a 223 CZ, but that's only my opinion. I don't take it shopping with me though...

When you describe the person in the op as "someone ready to go on a killing spree" it's reasonable to believe that if you saw someone that you said in your own words as looking like they're about to go on a killing spree, that you would call 911 in a panic. If I saw someone about to go on a killing spree , I'd observe and if need be engage and stop the threat, then I too would call 911... The difference is the fact that I can affect the outcome and you're subjugated to being an observer.

reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm not American and I actually support Americans right to their second amendment.

But what person needs a rifle, spare clips and a handgun while going to the shops?

Morons and someone looking to go on a killing spree.

I'm open to other suggestions though...

The AR in the OP is also .223, it simply has a higher capacity than a CZ... And it wouldn't matter if you did want to carry one because you're not allowed to. I'm not saying that you don't know anything about firearms (don't put words in my mouth) I'm saying that you are not in an an informed position regarding gun culture in the United States.
edit on 19-1-2013 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff. Bet the MSM don't follow up too closely with this story.

I actually hope that a few organised 'open carry' protests take place.

Wouldn't do for this sort of thing to be a common affair, but a somewhat organised few weeks of similar protests might well do the perception of weapons-carrying law abiding citizens some overall good - and perhaps slow down the (almost surely inevitable) disarmament of the American public.

FITO

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by mademyself1984

Where in our constitution is abortion dis-allowed...Stop thinking your beliefs and dogma apply to other people...They don't.

That's the problem with Democracy...When you run #, you make people accept whatever you want them to...So the 'crazy conspiracy theorists' who don't follow the 'lead' are the ones made to accept the rules 'you believe in'.

It's like saying since we are a majority of Christian nation, everyone who isn't Christian can just leave or die...

Get real man.
edit on 19-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

Simple retort. Don't put words in other people's mouths. Where did I say the constitution says one CANNOT get an abortion? I simply asked you where in the constitution it explicitly states that it is a woman's RIGHT to get an abortion. Because I can direct you to the part that says I can carry weapons.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Ahh people openly carrying assault rifles in public..
The perfect conservatopia..just like Rwanda or Afghanistan...good to hold our standards so high.

guys a moron. If someone wants to go nuts, guess who will be the first victim, and then the psycho will have a assault rifle instead of whatever handgun he brought.

Want to feel protected...get a concealment license and carry...want to overcompensate for lacking while being a complete political tool, strap a big gun to your back and become a giant billboard for the nra while putting people in danger.

It's not an assault rifle. Figure this # out or stop commenting on it.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
No problems with him owning a gun of his choice.

No problems with him carrying a gun of his choice.

Problem comes when someone doing that decides to play amateur cop and/or gets stuck in the middle of a firefight.

Now I'm not saying he would, but imagine that store got held up - with shots fired - the cops arrive and there's a heavily armed guy in there, maybe two. They don't know him from anyone else (even though he has permits and told the police dispatch). What are the cops going to do?

Big mess.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

You're assuming everyone shoots first and asks questions later. For nearly everyone on this planet, killing is a last resort.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
No problems with him owning a gun of his choice.

No problems with him carrying a gun of his choice.

Problem comes when someone doing that decides to play amateur cop and/or gets stuck in the middle of a firefight.

Now I'm not saying he would, but imagine that store got held up - with shots fired - the cops arrive and there's a heavily armed guy in there, maybe two. They don't know him from anyone else (even though he has permits and told the police dispatch). What are the cops going to do?

Big mess.

We're getting into hypotheticals again Nef, the officers would do what they're trained to do when confronting people open carrying. You perform a threat assessment.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
It only takes one man at one time, to do something bad, then its instantly an arguable statistic that will be used against everyone thereafter.

Some will say "but one man out of 350,000,000 people is an irrelevant statistic" and another will say "yes but thats now a percentage of the population and it must be stopped!".

I wouldn't care if i saw that man in a store, course if he is a waco nut job, i would assume he wouldn't have a weapon, just because he has a weapon on show like that i dont assume that he is!

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Someone asked why he would let the police know he was carrying a weapon in the store. Watch this and then you understand by not doing so your life would be in great danger.

This video is actually 4 minutes not 7

this guy was murdered by police primarily because a Costco anti-gun Gestapo person freaked out because she saw that he was carrying a gun under his shirt while he was shopping and called the police freaking out acting like he was some threat. He was shopping and had a CCW permit.

Costco in court says their security camera didn’t work so they lost the footage. This is a conspiracy on the part of Costco and the police. Everyone looks for conspiracies but it seems if it isn’t national news then it isn’t worth their time. At least familiarize with this case. There are many videos on YouTube about this including court video where the police are blatantly lying.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Grimpachi because: add video

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Seeing this picture of an obvious redneck carrying a military grade assault weapon in shopping centre among ”normal citizens”, then let me congratulate and welcome you all Americans for going “backward” to 18-19 century again. Tell me, why do you pay for police and security forces for then?

Today is the “right to bear arms”, tomorrow is the “right to bear dynamite” if someone attacks somewhere with “explosives”..?

SMH

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonPrice
Assault Rifle & extra ammunition clips and a sidearm in a holster on his right hip... Necessary for shopping?

My wife watches Bravo channel, and I asked her about this. She said that if you're shopping for an ensemble to go with a signature piece, then a swatch just won't do. You need to bring the signature piece in with you. She pointed out that every gay man knows this instinctively. I take her word on it. The guy was obviously trying to find something that would work with the gun.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Seeing this picture of an obvious redneck carrying a military grade assault weapon in shopping centre among ”normal citizens”, then let me congratulate and welcome you all Americans for going “backward” to 18-19 century again. Tell me, why do you pay for police and security forces for then?

Today is the “right to bear arms”, tomorrow is the “right to bear dynamite” if someone attacks somewhere with “explosives”..?

SMH

When has anyone ever clamored for the right to "bear dynamite" following an explosion? Jesus...some of you people can't get it through your head. It isn't about one upping anyone. It isn't about protecting my home or myself from criminals, and for me personally, at the end of the day, it isn't even about protecting myself from the government in the event it gets a little squirrely on all of us. It's about being a right. That is protected and guaranteed by the constitution. The exact words are "shall not be infringed"....if you can't get the seriousness of what is going on right now through your thick skull, then you are a contributor to the problem. Stop acting like the authority that is the solution. You probably believe the increased gun control of "assault weapons" includes AR-15's. Assault weapons have been banned for years. What is happening right now, is YOUR right, the one protected by the 2nd Amendment, in that little document called the constitution, is being infringed upon. Which is exactly what the constitution states SHALL NOT happen. When they start telling you what your own opinions can be, then you'll understand what an idiot you were for allowing things to get to that point. For a bunch of self proclaimed conspiracy theorists, I find it absolutely bewildering how none of you take issue with any of this...
edit on 1/19/2013 by mademyself1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by amkia

SMH

Police aren't there to protect you, they work for the state and since they can't be everywhere at once are reactionary by nature, something bad happens, victim calls it in (if they're lucky) officers are directed to the job by dispatch and respond. Unfortunately many times, too late.

It isn't the job of the police to protect myself and my family, that's my job and I'm proactive, not reactive in doing it.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join