It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Because people like yourself would call 911 in a panic and they'd get flooded with "man with a gun calls" , it's a courtesy call.

I starred you for this alone by the way... I can't tell you how many videos on Youtube I have watched recently where people are walking around with legally licensed firearms, and people just assume they are 'mass murderers' and start calling the cops....Even though the guy isn't doing anything to warrant such a thing, like, I dunno, wearing full body armor and a gas mask?

It's like saying, "Okay, a lot of cops are assholes, and try and abuse their power, so I'm just gonna file lawsuits against you guys on that premise, even though I don't know a thing about you."

The world is going to hell in a hand basked, right along with the ability to think critically with analogies...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
So what happens when another law abiding citizen carrying a gun spots this guy in the car park pulling out his rifle and spare clips from the boot of his car and thinks he's just spotted a guy about to go on a shooting spree and shoots him?

Oh the irony, it burns.

You usually make sense dude, this time is no exception.

No wonder it's so easy for the true criminals to commit crimes if people can't tell a criminal from a law-abiding citizen.

This isn't freedom, this is fear.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

People are being conditioned to view US (Law abiding pro rights citizens) as the BadGuys Veritas. They've associated firearms with BadGuys, therefore if you are carrying a firearm YOU must be a BadGuy. When I was in Uniform, it was fine for me to walk around with a beltfed machine gun at 19 years old. Once I transitioned back into civilian life, I became a BadGuy and my semi automatic magazine fed rifle became an "Assault Weapon".

Divide et impera

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Only problem with their failed logic is, most criminals don't wear their firearms in an open carry holster in plain view where you can see it...They hide them in a pocket or up the crack of their ass....

Critical thinking skills have gone down the #ter in America; must be all of the fluoride...

James Holmes didn't walk around for thirty minutes in full body armor, and a gas mask with an 'assault' rifle slung across his back...He did it spur of the moment...

Real killers and criminals aren't gonna give people the chance to call the cops on them....Why would I let you know I was carrying something like that, knowing you'd call the cops on me, before I had a chance to hatch my plan...

Good Holy Gift of Tool, what the hell are people thinking these days man?

edit on 19-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
This guy is the perfect example of why we need a total ban on all firearms. I used to be relatively moderate in my position on gun control, but after witnessing the sheer insanity and stupidity of 99% of vocal gun advocates as well as people like this, I'm now convinced that most Americans are simply too stupid and delusional to be allowed near firearms.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nanocyte
This guy is the perfect example of why we need a total ban on all firearms. I used to be relatively moderate in my position on gun control, but after witnessing the sheer insanity and stupidity of 99% of vocal gun advocates as well as people like this, I'm now convinced that most Americans are simply too stupid and delusional to be allowed near firearms.

Why are you afraid of firearms?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

reply to post by Soloprotocol

In his defense, he gave the police a heads up.

So the question begs..Why did he feel the need to let the police know what he was going to do if it was as kosher as many here would want you to believe?

Because people like yourself would call 911 in a panic and they'd get flooded with "man with a gun calls" , it's a courtesy call. When I go camping on my lot out of state, there's usually going to be gunfire from there... 1st thing I do when I hit town is stop by the PD and let them know I'm up for a weekend, then I invite them to stop by for lunch after we get unpacked, settled ,clean out the camping area and get the fire going.
edit on 19-1-2013 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

So let me get this straight....he tells cops he's going shopping with his firearms exposed so if the cops get a call they wont need react, because "it's ok boys, it's just that guy who was in earlier to tell us he was exercising his right to bear arms"......Madness.....and we wonder why the Police would be slow to respond to any Massacre........

This guy seems the type to just start blasting in any direction at the sound of gunfire......shooting targets is all fun and games, But when those bullets start whizzing by your head, you start wizzing into yer pants, trust me...
No Shooting Range will ever prepare you for a fire fight.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas

Critical thinking skills have gone down the #ter in America; must be all of the fluoride...

Good Holy Gift of Tool, what the hell are people thinking these days man?

I don't know brother, but this "Groupthink" is starting to get scary.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Because they enable stupid and crazy people to inflict massive amounts of damage that they would not be capable of inflicting solely through their own means.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Nanocyte

He is exercising his second amendment right...Please tell me how that makes him delusional or stupid?

I don't want to hear any nonsense about the founding fathers didn't know we'd have bazookas and M16's and all that jazz, because it's complete horse#.

They weren't stupid; they knew in 200 years, let alone a 1000 years that our artillery wouldn't be the same.... Remember the transition from swords and hatchets? That was part of their history; you can't tell me they didn't know the same would happen with their weaponry.

Hell, you could kill just as much with a flintlock pistol, as you could with a six shooter....

If I was a trained martial artist, I could kill you with my bare hands...Or a tree limb (Eskrima), should we outlaw those now?

What about the gentleman in China, who at roughly the same time as this happened, knifed 22 children in China?

You can kill with a tool of any kind....Outlawing tools aren't the answer; outlawing the fools who use them wrongly is.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   

By the way; Semper Fi.

I participated in Marine Corps ROTC for 2 years before relocating schools....I only chose not to join the military because I couldn't stand working for our government who is corrupt as hell. I was completely set on it though, when I graduated high school nearly three years ago.

I took the practice ASVAB and scored an 84. I weighed about 243 lbs, and was about 6'1". I was asked to drop about 20 lbs, before I turned 18.

I'm now 20, turning 21, and at about 143 lbs....I agree with defending the people I love; but not following the will of evil who uses that 'lie' to manipulate their own agendas...

I respect the hell outta you though.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
As a responsible gun owner, as someone who grew up with guns and was taught to shoot and hunt, my dad ALSO taught me something called common sense when using my guns.

Do I support the man's right to open carry? Yes. But is it smart to do so in a shopping mall, where you'll simply scare and alienate other people? Nope.

There is a time and place for guns and they don't need to be at a store. Sorry, they just don't. I think he is ignorant for doing so.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

reply to post by Soloprotocol

In his defense, he gave the police a heads up.

So the question begs..Why did he feel the need to let the police know what he was going to do if it was as kosher as many here would want you to believe?

Because people like yourself would call 911 in a panic and they'd get flooded with "man with a gun calls" , it's a courtesy call. When I go camping on my lot out of state, there's usually going to be gunfire from there... 1st thing I do when I hit town is stop by the PD and let them know I'm up for a weekend, then I invite them to stop by for lunch after we get unpacked, settled ,clean out the camping area and get the fire going.
edit on 19-1-2013 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

So let me get this straight....he tells cops he's going shopping with his firearms exposed so if the cops get a call they wont need react, because "it's ok boys, it's just that guy who was in earlier to tell us he was exercising his right to bear arms"......Madness.....and we wonder why the Police would be slow to respond to any Massacre........

No, He'd call and give a description of himself, (They probably know him by name) The towns population is only 8000. When they get a "Man with a gun" call and it fits his description, the officers that get the job won't respond code 3 possibly injuring themselves or other citizens in an MVA.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

That's what the people at the movie theater thought too, four of them being active duty military, we see where that got them don't we?

It's not about the place; you never know when some 'criminal' or 'whackjob' is just gonna come into a 'gun-free zone' and just start putting bullets in people..

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nanocyte

Because they enable stupid and crazy people to inflict massive amounts of damage that they would not be capable of inflicting solely through their own means.

Ok, so you're afraid of inanimate objects based off of the actions of less than 0.0000000001 percent of the population? Is that a rational fear?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

That's what the people at the movie theater thought too, four of them being active duty military, we see where that got them don't we?

It's not about the place; you never know when some 'criminal' or 'whackjob' is just gonna come into a 'gun-free zone' and just start putting bullets in people..

You have a point there. A very good one. And I'll concede to that. I guess we just live in different times? I am old school and go by what I was taught, but since shootings are becoming the "norm" maybe it's time to think differently. Got to think on that one.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

"Because I can" isn't really a very good reason...

And what does "people like me" mean?

You don't know me, so stop pretending you do.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It's the perfect reason....Why did I drink alcohol or wear a blue shirt today? Because I can.....For people to assume or act rashly because I did either is not a reasonable recourse...

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
As a responsible gun owner, as someone who grew up with guns and was taught to shoot and hunt, my dad ALSO taught me something called common sense when using my guns.

Yes and we have the ability to question his common sense in this instances. He was never a threat, but his choice of protest was lacking common sense in my opinion.

Do I support the man's right to open carry? Yes. But is it smart to do so in a shopping mall, where you'll simply scare and alienate other people? Nope.

It didn't seem to scare many people as they are going about their business (as far as the pictures show) so really he didn't cause a scene it would seem.

There is a time and place for guns and they don't need to be at a store. Sorry, they just don't. I think he is ignorant for doing so.

Agreed. There is a time and place for everything and this gentleman thought it was the time and place to display his protest. Whether we think it is right or wrong, he thought it was appropriate regardless of what this small community thinks.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join