It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man shopping with Assault Rifle Strapped to his Back at Utah J.C. Penney

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Fine, magazine.

And you must of missed the part where I said I support the second amendment?

So what reason does one need so much ammunition to go shopping?

Self defense?
Small penis?

What is the purpose of the 2nd Amendment?

How much "Ammunition" can you count in the photo?

Don't project your "Small Penis" Issues on the rest of us...
edit on 19-1-2013 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Self defense?
Small penis?

Maybe in this mans case?

Both.

Who knows what he was shopping for.........

Do they sell socks in J.C. Penney ?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
This guy is just exercising his right to be a dick. Let's face it. He expects no danger. He likes turning heads. Look at him. Nobody wants that guy next them in line. Total dick move.

I think this guy should have the right to own these guns. But doesn't change the fact that this is a childish dick move. What an ignorant douche.

I respect the right, just like freedom of speech, but just like free speech, some people can use it for dick moves, and this is one such case.

How is it a dick move to utilize rights afforded to you by the constitution or state law?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by trysts

I guess you missed where I posted this earlier in the thread.

BTW did everyone know that Australia has also banned BB guns, Paintball guns, cross bows, Blow guns, Potato cannons, sling shots, double edged knives, fireworks, just about all Ninja crap like knum Chucks, some squirt guns, some video games, literature, web sites, and movies, also laser pointers you can go to prison for 2 years with a 10K fine, and the one I really don’t understand Yo-Yo’s of a certain type. That isn’t a joke. If there was ever a case to be made for banning guns being a slippery slope then Australia takes the cake. There is actually some calling to ban boomerangs there as well. Here is a thread on it. It is worth a good laugh so check it out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is a nanny state. I guess I will just break the news to you now but if you got your hopes up about banning guns in the US I can tell you now it’s not going happen at least not in my lifetime so you should save your breath and pack your bags because Australia sounds like it is your kind of place.

No, as I also stated previously in this thread, I am for the right of the citizens to have arms, because the government cannot be trusted. Also, I believe the gun does not commit the crime, it is people who commit the crime. What is of central concern to me is those who have guns for the feeling of power. I believe that is the feeling that loads the gun, and uses it against others. If one is in fear of their neighbors, then the gun may be used against their neighbors.

Also, why is it that you keep equating not having a gun to somehow being weak?

edit on 19-1-2013 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mademyself1984

This guy is just exercising his right to be a dick. Let's face it. He expects no danger. He likes turning heads. Look at him. Nobody wants that guy next them in line. Total dick move.

I think this guy should have the right to own these guns. But doesn't change the fact that this is a childish dick move. What an ignorant douche.

I respect the right, just like freedom of speech, but just like free speech, some people can use it for dick moves, and this is one such case.

How is it a dick move to utilize rights afforded to you by the constitution or state law?

Because exercising rights does not guarantee non-dick-move status. Like when church goers picket funerals with signs that say "Gays go to hell". That's a free speech dick move. This guy walking around stores like a little pro-gun one man army, with his little faggoty haircut and little sissy assault rifle and sidearm screams dick move to everyone who sees him.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spiritualzombie

So now you have to resort to gay bashing and name calling because you can't formulate an intelligent argument? That is definitely a "dick move" on your part.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I don`t see anything wrong with what he did. people have been conditioned to think that only the military, police and criminals should carry guns.

the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,

Bear
transitive verb
1b : to be equipped or furnished with (something)

It is a right just like any other right, just like the right to vote. When you see someone voting do you get offended and think:
"wow, what an ass, sure he has the right to vote but does he have to do it in public, can`t he stay at home and send in an absentee ballot"

I`m more concerned about the mental health of the people who are offended by someone exercising their constitutional rights than I am about the mental health of the person exercising that right.

If you are that offended by it maybe you shouldn`t go out in public, maybe you should stay home and spend all your time exercising your right to free speech by posting stuff on the internet and hoping that you don`t offend yourself by exercising that right.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShAuNmAn-X

So now you have to resort to gay bashing and name calling because you can't formulate an intelligent argument? That is definitely a "dick move" on your part.

Exactly. And yet it was free speech. See how exercising rights can also be dick moves?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

innocent until proven guilty is the goal of a free society, its what sets america apart from other countries were your guilty until proven innocent,

the attitude of "what ifs" and "you dont know what his mental health state is or what he MIGHT do" is all guilty until proven innocent perspective, it is not FREEDOM to think that way

Exactly! Thank you

Innocent until proven guilty is something I am very passionate about and I constantly bring up that perspective in relation to all sorts of political issues.

I think many seem to forget its importance, or perhaps are not even aware they are violating it when taking certain stances.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   

So...you can't come up with a reason then?

Good, coz neither can I.

Not a reasonable reason anyway.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

So...you can't come up with a reason then?

Good, coz neither can I.

Not a reasonable reason anyway.

Because it's his damn constitutional right to
You don't need a reason!

Why do you have a shirtless man with a sword on a roof in the rain as your avatar?
edit on 19-1-2013 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Fine, magazine.

And you must of missed the part where I said I support the second amendment?

Self defense?
Small penis?

Why does any of that matter?? Lets say it was small penis. So?

You say you support it but an exception should be made if the dude is insecure?

Again.... innocent until proven guilty. If someone wants to haul around a Red Flyer wagon filled with ammo I would not give on iota if he/she was an upstanding citizen with no record of violence.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

It's not word play...The public matter you speak of is based off of our 'Constitution' that IS the public matter...

You swear an oath to defend the Constitution, not the 'Democracy' or 'Republic'.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   
How would people have responded if that had been a Muslim looking fella with an ak 47 strapped around him?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Probably differently. Probably in a negative light.

And that's a problem!

But it's a separate problem.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is the problem with pro-gun people. There's never any middle ground. Exercising the right is always good.

It would be like if the abortion people had an abortion day where girls went an got an abortion just because it was their legal right to do so. Flaunt your abortion day. Let people judge you. Abort and be proud.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
How would people have responded if that had been a Muslim looking fella with an ak 47 strapped around him?

It depends on how he was acting, because I've been around Muslim looking fella's that were actively trying to give me lead poisoning, I'd keep an extra eye on him. It has nothing to do with him as a person & has everything to do with my life experience.

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   

This is the problem with pro-gun people. There's never any middle ground. Exercising the right is always good.

It would be like if the abortion people had an abortion day where girls went an got an abortion just because it was their legal right to do so. Flaunt your abortion day. Let people judge you. Abort and be proud.

What's wrong with abortion day?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Yeah? And where in the Constitution are abortions protected?

posted on Jan, 19 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   

If it's a right then yes exercising it should always be good. That's kinda the point behind a 'right'. Any 'right'.

It would be like if the abortion people

"abortion people"??

Pro-choice voters are not people trying to get knocked up so they can have an abortion.

had an abortion day where girls went an got an abortion just because it was their legal right to do so.

That's such an extreme analogy. I really don't think they equate.
edit on 19-1-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join