It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missouri Joins Wyoming and Texas.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+20 more 
posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If you are a fellow Missourian then today is a great day.

Be it enacted by the General Assembly of the state of Missouri, as follows:
Section A. Chapter 571, RSMo, is amended by adding thereto one new section, to be
2 known as section 571.048, to read as follows:
571.048. 1. It shall be unlawful for any officer or employee of this state, or any
2 political subdivision, or any federal firearms dealer licensed under 19 U.S.C. Section 923
3 to enforce or attempt to enforce any act, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the federal
4 government relating to a personal firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned
5 or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Missouri and that remains
6 exclusively within the boundaries of the state of Missouri.
7 2. Any official, agent, or employee of the federal government who enforces or
8 attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule, or regulation of the federal
9 government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition that is owned
10 or manufactured commercially or privately in the state of Missouri and that remains
11 exclusively within the borders of the state of Missouri shall be guilty of a class D felony.

HB 170 2
12 3. Any person in violation of a federal law relating to the manufacture, sale,
13 transfer, or possession of a firearm, a firearm accessory, or ammunition owned or
14 manufactured and retained exclusively with the boundaries of the state of Missouri may
15 request the attorney general to defend him or her for such violation.
16 4. Any federal law, rule, regulation, or order created or effective on or after
17 January 1, 2013 shall be unenforceable in the state of Missouri if the law, rule, regulation,
18 or order attempts to:
19 (1) Ban or restrict ownership of a semi-automatic firearm or any magazine of a
20 firearm; or
21 (2) Require any firearm, magazine, or other firearm accessory to be registered in
22 any manner.
Section B. Because immediate action is necessary to protect the rights of the citizens of
2 this state the enactment of section 571.048 of section A of this act is deemed necessary for the
3 immediate preservation of the public health, welfare, peace, and safety, and is hereby declared
4 to be an emergency act within the meaning of the constitution, and the enactment of section
5 571.048 of section A of this act shall be in full force and effect upon its passage and approval.

Link

Thank God Almighty.
I can now sleep a little easier tonight knowing that this could pass.
Go Missouri!!!!

Edit to add: Not that I personally own any firearms because I DON'T but I know people who do.
Strike that, I don't know ANYONE who does but I have heard rumors about people who do and today is a great day for THEM, NOT ME!!
edit on 16-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
nice...very nice
my ol home state
thanks for posting this s&f

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Love it! This is starting to look like a refreshing trend....

edit on 1/16/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

First Wyoming. Then my state of Texas. And now Missouri has joined us. The rest of the pro gun states need to do the exact same.

I was sure Arizona, or maybe Oklahoma or Mississippi would be the next after Texas, but Missouri got there before them. I thought Missouri would take a bit more time. Either way, the rest of the pro gun states need to step up fast. The NY anti-gun law was passed less than 24 hours ago. We need the pro-gun states to pass their bills as fast as possible.

Arizona, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Georgia, and the others....get your gears in motion fast.

ETA - Found this article on it. Havent been able to find any other news stories on it yet, but this better be a headline in tomorrows news.

www.komu.com...

JEFFERSON CITY - State Rep. Casey Guernsey, R- Bethany, filed legislation Tuesday that would outlaw any federal gun laws in the state of Missouri aimed at banning any kinds of guns from being enforced. It would also make any new gun laws dealing with semi-automatic weapons or magazine size illegal to be enforced in the state of Missouri. House Bill 170 would make it a felony for state or federal law enforcement officers to enforce new federal gun laws and one clause reads:

The article also says Guernsey thinks the bill will have pretty good support, although there may be some opposition.

Although Guernsey says he expects the bill to have bi-partisan support, Minority Floor Leader, Rep. Jacob Hummel, D-St. Louis City, says he won't support the bill

edit on 16-1-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Thank goodness! I was waiting for more good news! Thanks for posting this.
I will add it to the list.

Keep them coming, guys!

www.abovetopsecret.com... - Texas

www.abovetopsecret.com... - Wyoming

ETA: I hope Georgia joins soon, Glock is headquartered in Smyrna, Ga.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA

Yes, another ETA!

www.georgiapacking.org...
Well, I just did some research, and found some bills Georgia IS going to put forth. I am somewhat surprised, as I had not heard about these!

HB 26 Georgia Constitutional Carry Act, allows anyone not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm to carry a weapon without having a license

HB 27 Katrina law, removes governor's ability to restrict firearm carry during declared emergencies

HB 28 Removes "Places of worship" from the list of unauthorized locations for weapons carry

HB 29 Removes public and private colleges, vocational schools and other institutes of postsecondary education from the school zone law

HB 35 Allows the board of education of each school system to be authorized to designate one or more administrators in each school in the school system to possess and carry firearms provided the administrators have a carry license and attend the basic police officer training course (or a course designed for administrators). Not sure why this is needed as there already is a provision in the law for a an official to grant permission to carry a weapon in a school zone 16-11-127.1 (a)(6).

Wow.

HB 27 is of particular interest, check this: The Katrina Law (I like that!)

A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Code Section 38-3-51 of the Official Code of Georgia Annotated, relating to emergency powers of Governor, termination of emergency, limitations in energy emergency, and immunity, so as to remove the Governor's authority to suspend the sale, dispensing, or transportation of firearms in an emergency; to provide a short title; to provide an effective date; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

The go before the General Assembly, I think the date is March. Looks like they are doing it piece meal instead of all one bill, but I would still like to see one on the Feds. It is not like the 10th amendment bills the other states are doing, but it *is* taking away *gun free zones*, especially schools.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: Another ETA!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

What I want to know is,
what is going to happen WHEN the Federal Government makes "assult rifles" or anything which holds more than 7 rounds illegal, how are we going to ever be able to buy firearms again UNLESS they are specifically manufactured in YOUR state or an adjoining state with similar laws?

Otherwise, wouldn't that be under federal juristiction?
Crossing State lines?

If I want to buy an AK-47 manufactured in Texas would that be possible?

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Screwed

What I want to know is,
what is going to happen WHEN the Federal Government makes "assult rifles" or anything which holds more than 7 rounds illegal, how are we going to ever be able to buy firearms again UNLESS they are specifically manufactured in YOUR state or an adjoining state with similar laws?

Crossing State lines?

Right now, that *is* the problem. But, I did put in another thread, this could be just what some of the larger manufacturers need to expand their incorporations to other states. With the money they are making right this moment, I can see some being totally encouraged to set up shop in some states that do not manufacture some form of firearm.

Now, whether it is the firearm you want, may be a different story.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by Screwed

What I want to know is,

Crossing State lines?

looks like americans will go back to work...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Thank God! I knew we had some hardline patriots in our state, glad to see them taking action. Today is a good day for us!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

the only law thats passed that would work like that is the montana fire arms act we passed on 2008 that says any gun made in montana that stays in montana is exempt from federal gun laws,so in answer to your question if texas passed such a law and the weapon stayed in texas in theory it would be legal

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I hope Montana soon follows. They already have some on the books
to protect gun's made here, but hopefully they will get off their butts
and block this illegal action they are talking about.

Glad some states are moving on this.

My only question is when push comes to shove who's going to back
down... dont follow fed law then they dont allow fed money...
it's really a no win situation, but with luck maybe this will at least wake
them up.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
I hope Montana soon follows. They already have some on the books
to protect gun's made here, but hopefully they will get off their butts
and block this illegal action they are talking about.

Glad some states are moving on this.

My only question is when push comes to shove who's going to back
down... dont follow fed law then they dont allow fed money...
it's really a no win situation, but with luck maybe this will at least wake
them up.

I knid of thought Montana's law from 2010 covered all this, already, with the Feds. I'm going to dig it up and see. I remember they were raging, though! I was kinda blushing when I read their stuff, for Obama, I mean.

Seriously, though, let me see what Montana has, brb.

ETA: two links

firearmsfreedomact.com...

data.opi.mt.gov...

HOUSE BILL NO. 246

INTRODUCED BY J. BONIEK, BENNETT, BUTCHER, CURTISS, RANDALL, WARBURTON

AN ACT EXEMPTING FROM FEDERAL REGULATION UNDER THE COMMERCE CLAUSE OF THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES A FIREARM, A FIREARM ACCESSORY, OR AMMUNITION MANUFACTURED AND RETAINED IN MONTANA; AND PROVIDING AN APPLICABILITY DATE.

BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MONTANA:

(1) The 10th amendment to the United States constitution guarantees to the states and their people all powers not granted to the federal government elsewhere in the constitution and reserves to the state and people of Montana certain powers as they were understood at the time that Montana was admitted to statehood in 1889. The guaranty of those powers is a matter of contract between the state and people of Montana and the United States as of the time that the compact with the United States was agreed upon and adopted by Montana and the United States in 1889.

I think Montana is covered.

They may modify the Act by proposing penalties for Federal agents, etc, like the others though.

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: ETA

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Look what I just found!

blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com...

Firearms freedom act up for consideration in Kansas

The Kansas legislature will consider a firearms freedom act during its 2012 session.

HB2421 declares that, “a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Kansas and that remains within the borders of Kansas is not subject to federal law or federal regulation, including registration, under the authority of congress to regulate interstate commerce.”

Rep. Connie O’Brien (R – Tonganoxie) and Rep. Jana Goodman (R – Leavenworth) introduced the bill on Jan. 9.

HB2421 would also make it a criminal offense (severity level 10 nonperson felony) for any agent of the United States government to attempt to enforce any federal regulation upon a firearm or ammunition covered under that act.

The bill rests on the foundation of the Tenth Amendment, correctly asserting that regulation of intrastate commerce is vested in the states.

www.kslegislature.org...

Fri 01 Jun 2012 House Died on Calendar
Wed 01 Feb 2012 House Committee Report recommending bill be passed as amended by Committee on Federal and State Affairs 1748
Mon 09 Jan 2012 House Referred to Committee on Federal and State Affairs 1675
Mon 09 Jan 2012 House Introduced 1674
Mon 09 Jan 2012 House Prefiled for Introduction on Friday, December 30, 2011

www.kslegislature.org...

Filed Jan 24, 2012
edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: edit to fix link

edit on 16-1-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I hope Michigan does something like this. Michigan has a very large and growing gun culture and has been loosening it's gun control measures slowly.

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is good, but as an ex-Missourian, I would not have thought my home state had the wherewithal to do this.

BTW, this means that States' Rights are NOT dead. Wot a can 'o worms this is gonna be!

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

AGREED born and RAised here in the big MO , learned to hunt and shoot down in the Ozarks and Damn proud to be a son of this great State .

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Good news, but now.

I'M LOOKING AT YOU FLORIDA
Although it looks like Rubio is sticking up for the 2nd amendment. Which is good, but I'm not too sure about Rubio yet... Mainly because of this:

Homeland Security - He has expressed sentiments that 'Radical Islamist Terrorists' pose as the greatest threat to the United States and that these radicals intend to impose their beliefs on the world. He voted 'yes' on extending the Patriot Act's roving wire taps

edit on 1/16/2013 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Excellent continuing good news!

Holy #, I never thought I would ever express that sentiment given whats happened in recent years....

States are stepping up to the plate, resisting, at least, this last step that if successful would plunge the nation into a total tyrannical dictatorship, beyond the partial one we have right now.

There is hope.
edit on 1/16/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
So.. erm... any gun hating folks want to buy a wonderful 5 bedroom historic home with all of the original wood and a hell of a history in the state youd LOOOVE.. Illinois?? Cheap??

wait, thats not funny and Im not joking...

posted on Jan, 16 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
You Americans and your love and obsession with being able to buy an assault rifle and sufficient ammo to take down a small third world country............ Pathetic.... Seriously pathetic.......... Just look at yourselves, the world is laughing at you......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join