It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tremors felt 45 miles away from Bayou Corne Sinkhole!

page: 78
<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

A lot of wind and rain, typical winter storm really. Hasn't been as bad as the last couple hail makers. Not much rainfall so we shouldn't see that much activity due to the rain.

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by happykat39
reply to post by AuntB

I have been checking CERI and things are looking whacked.

I have noticed the strange traces on the seismographs too. It looks like they stole some of the lines from one of Vincent Van Gogh's schizophrenic period paintings.
edit on 11-4-2013 by happykat39 because: typo

I couldn't find the Van Gogh cat I was referring to but this one is similar from a different artist.

Click on the thumbnails for full size charts.

edit on 11-4-2013 by happykat39 because: added thumbnails

edit on 11-4-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

Happykat, that is one way to break the manotney (sp) of this thread!!!!!! I like it........ sorry had to come in and say Hi! Cajun, be safe, I wish you well on your camping trip. Wish I could go on one!!!. Thank you for all your input. You are an asset to this thread, just like Happykat, AuntB, and so many others, thank you all.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I was just checking out the helicorders and the LA12 chart is showing some unusual activity around 9:00 PM to 10:00 PM. It is also showing on the LA11 and LA14 charts but much lighter than the LA12 chart. This would indicate to me that the activity is very local to the location of the LA12 pickup.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Another video by RainB. You may need to stop the video at times to read. Around the 5 minute mark it shows the water in the sinkhole. Notice how the water moves one way, then it moves the other. I have never seen that unless something is in the water like a boat or people but it seems to be doing it by itself. Any one seen this before?

People are saying this is caused by seich.

seiche [seɪʃ] n (Earth Sciences / Physical Geography) a periodic oscillation of the surface of an enclosed or semienclosed body of water (lake, inland sea, bay, etc.) caused by such phenomena as atmospheric pressure changes, winds, tidal currents, and earthquakes
Is that what we are seeing?
edit on 13-4-2013 by AuntB because: definition

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

Morning Kat~ liked the cat pic. Now about those seismos.... they have been having weather down there and the sinkhole always reacts. I just don't know. Since it is like a bowl of jello down there (IMO) I question if an event happened or are we seeing something else.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
reply to post by happykat39

Morning Kat~ liked the cat pic. Now about those seismos.... they have been having weather down there and the sinkhole always reacts. I just don't know. Since it is like a bowl of jello down there (IMO) I question if an event happened or are we seeing something else.

I would also believe it to be weather related if not for the fact that the only location showing heavy activity is the LA12 site. The other sites that usually mirror the activity of LA12, LA11 and LA14, are showing the same pattern but only at a very minor level. That means that even if the LA12 activity is weather related it is still very localized.
edit on 13-4-2013 by happykat39 because: typo

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Bad night to come camping, raining alligators and crawfish.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
Bad night to come camping, raining alligators and crawfish.

It makes "raining cats and dogs" look tame. We are all awaiting your report with baited breath.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Just woke up. Felt something along the lines of a tremor last night. Could of been a lightning strike but there was no thunder at the time. I was also reading an article from The Advocate, their local parish newspaper saying that the void is almost filled. I'll post it up but difficult to do from my phone.

Will we possibly see the end of this disaster?

That was a hell of a storm last night, some areas had hail.
edit on 14-4-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Weather Underground Analysis - Looks like more heavy rain Thursday and Friday 18th/19th
WunderMap from Weather Underground giving historical weather data too

The Advocate 14th April 2013
Cavity near sinkhole almost filled It makes lots of references to "materials" filling up the sinkhole, but what are those "materials" ? (Rock and other debris they say)

The Republic
La. lawmakers want stiffer fines, stronger rules to govern underground salt domes and caverns

The proposed laws filed by four legislators whose districts include the sinkhole area would halt permits for new salt mining operations; limit the reuse of storage caverns after a disaster, such as the development of a sinkhole; mandate regular mapping and monitoring of sites; and impose stiffer fines for noncompliance.
"The goal is toward more transparency on where they're located, where they're located especially next to homes," said state Rep. Karen St. Germain, D-Pierre Part. "Unfortunately, the Bayou Corne incident is setting a precedent as to what we don't want to happen anywhere else."

Another similar article from The Advertiser
Louisiana lawmakers seek better oversight of salt mines
edit on 14 Apr 2013 by qmantoo because: add wundermap

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Code 3 just called at the sinkhole again, all work halted. Just called in the last 10 min of this post.
edit on 15-4-2013 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Code 3 just called at the sinkhole again, all work halted. Just called in the last 10 min of this post.

Well, that explains the seismograph readings. I have been watching them most of the night and into the day and there has been much more than the usual activity.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Was the code 3 called due to seismic activity??? Just a question. Another to lighten the mood, when they have to evacuate, do they pick up all their stuff and go, or do they run around frantically in a panic, and speed off toward the sunset???

ETA: Was typing post as Happykat replied.
edit on 15-4-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Here is a link to the policy jury post, explaining the "code 3".
The recent seismic activity looks large enough that it should be listed on USGS quake maps.
I wonder why they don't get posted there, or on the CERI quake map?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
That rain storm Saturday night dumped a ton of rain, I am not surprised the activity jumped up.

I like to say, we here at ATS were the first to realize that large amounts of rain effected the sinkhole on a negative way. The scientist started to realize this in the last month, we known this for the last 4-5 months. Congratulations to everyone on this thread for coming up with probable and practical theories. This is what ATS is all about, make sense out of the nonsense.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hi CB, thanks for the heads up. Yeah, we sort of expected our sinkhole to start acting up. While searching for info on this newest Code 3, I came across this. I know it is off topic but I guess we can play name that creature while we wait for the sinkhole to spew whatever and for the officials to tell us what's up.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

OMG IT IS THE ROUGAROU!

en.wikipedia.org...

No, but seriously, I never seen that animal before. Seems like a cross of a deer, rat, and a coyote.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CajunBoy

...we here at ATS were the first to realize that ...

There are literally dozens of examples of this in the mega Fukushima thread. ATS members being days, weeks, or months ahead of the "experts" or "top minds in the world" on any number of instances. It's no surprise to me that the same thing is happening here in this thread.

The fact that citizen scientists and "amateur analysts" are able to do up the bits and pieces that are dribble out by those in charge and then assimilate that into an accurate and adaptable representation of a sitatuon is a testament to the quality of member of this site.

Someone asked a while back if they knew the source of the gas:

...Patrick Courreges, a spokesman for the Louisiana Department of Natural Resources.

“We’ve got to stop the source of it, because it’s still being fed. We’ve got to figure out the source, find some way to intercept it, stop it,” he said. “We’re looking into that 3D seismic to get some information, to get that underground picture.”
emohasis mine

Louisiana sinkhole shatters calm, prompts buyouts on the bayou

They still don't know where it's coming from. I'd like to see the results of the tests of the gas.

Is it thermogenic or biogenic?

That question needs to be asked at a public meeting and driven home again and again.

If it's thermogenic, then it's more likely to be coming from under the aquifer and there's not telling how much is behind the source.

They might have popped the cork on the worlds biggest bottle of champagne with no way to recork.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Two new flyover videos posted.

All inhave access to is my iPhone now, so I can't post stills for those who can't view the videos (sorry honor), maybe someone else could please accomplish that task?

And

Assumptia YouTube channel

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
There is a new update at the Celestial Convergence site. There is also a link to a small article at the Assumption Parish Police Jury web page near the bottom of the CC page.

GEOLOGICAL UPHEAVAL: Tracking Developments At The Giant Louisiana Sinkhole - Code 3 Alert Issued - "Increasing Trend Of Subsurface Activity In The Area"; 50 Micro-Quakes A Day At Sinkhole, Blamed On ‘Breaking Rock’ Underground, Sidewall Of Cavern Still Collapsing!

April 16, 2013 - UNITED STATES - Another round of increased tremors has halted work at the sinkhole near the Bayou Corne community, Assumption Parish officials said Monday.

Work stopped Sunday and again Monday on the sinkhole itself and inside a 1.5-mile containment berm, which surrounds 71 acres that encompass the sinkhole near Bayou Corne and Grand Bayou, parish officials said.

===============================================

John Boudreaux, director of the parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, said Monday the halt in work is done in an abundance of caution based on past experience with the tremors.

Upticks in tremor frequency have sometimes been followed by burps of gas, oil and debris and edge collapses in the sinkhole.

“We just get everybody out of the area and wait for what is going to occur, to occur,” Boudreaux said, adding tremor activity typically slows down afterward.

==============================================

Texas Brine spokesman Sonny Cranch said Monday that construction on the berm also was halted Sunday and Monday but due to wet weather.

He said work would have been suspended due to the tremors, however, had the weather been better.

Boudreaux said scientists reported that in this instance, the number of micro-earthquakes has increased from about 10 tremors per day to 50 per day.

edit on 16-4-2013 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 75  76  77    79  80  81 >>

join