It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
We'll have to keep tabs on the shooter. Educated, looks pretty successful - then loses it and murders 12 people at a movie theater?

Unusual. It's not like the Gabby Giffords shooter, who actually posted on ATS and was told by our members here to seek mental help. This guy seems like he literally just snapped(?) or went crazy. Also, this attack screams premeditation. Why would a guy in a doctorate program premeditate an attack of this magnitude? From the outset it looks like this man was on track to have a pretty successful future.

Will be keeping tabs on this throughout the investigation.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But you're assuming people with guns are untrained and panicky?

Running for the exit just gets you a shotgun blast in the back. Taking cover, surveying the situation, closing the distance if possible, and taking one or two clean shots might end the whole thing quickly. At the very least, you have cover and you are not an easy target running out of the theatre.

Running for the exit in the middle of a panicked crowd seems like a really bad idea to me. I would have just hunkered down to the floor, drew my gun, and waited to see if I was going to need to use it, or if I might have an opportunity to use it without endangering everyone else.

And I'm not highly trained or anything, just a regular gun enthusiast, but I think most of the folks that would carry a gun into a theatre would be more like me than not. We don't just start firing randomly, we take cover and plan our next move.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by miniatus

Could be. But then was it still open after the shooting. He would not need to leave it that but who knows. I was interested in whether he called him self to make it look normal or was some else involved. First thought is that the person who left was the shooter.

Well he probably wouldn't have to call himself.. he could have just pretended to get a call .. phone could have been on silent so it wouldn't be unusual to see someone answer a phone and not hear it ring..

He fakes a phone call .. gets up, exits out the back .. props the door open .. suits up.. comes back and commits his crime.. if he had something there to block the door, when he left again out back and apparently waited for police.. he didn't flee obviously .. whatever it was probably was still there blocking it .. police said it was propped open so it must have been still propped when they arrived.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

I wished the reporter had asked the witness the time between the person leaving and the shooter entering. That would be a good clue as to which was it happened.
edit on 7/20/2012 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I remember listening to a interview of a mind control victim that said she was turned into a robot at the university of denver. A manchurian candidate.

That's exactly what I think we've got here. The spooks set up the booby trapped apartment. They either plant the comments on the online forum, or let the patsy do it himself if he was far enough gone; and then on the big night, he gets his post-hypnotic trigger, possibly with augmentation. Walks slowly and silently through the theatre like a zombie, randomly firing shots.

Also the reason why he so placidly hands himself in to the cops; precisely because he only just woke up out of a trance a few moments earlier, and has absolutely no memory of what happened.

Game, set, and match.

edit on 20-7-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by filosophia
He entered an emergency door, thus had inside knowledge. He gave himself up to the police despite wearing body armor, paid assassin. The hollywood mafia zionists must have done this coinciding with the blown up tour bus.

It doesn't take inside knowledge to go into a theater, find the exit and prop it open.. but he did live 15 minutes from that theater and chances are he's probably been there before.. my bet is he IS the guy that was seen getting up from his seat and walking to the exit.. he probably propped it open there, suited up and returned ..

He was in the theatre despite shooting because he couldnt get a ticket? Sounds like a contradiction in the cover story.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pedro4077

Not to that extent. My whole deit is gmo, fast food, energy drinks crap crap and more crap and I'm the most level headed person you'd ever meet. I don't fly off the handle ever. You need some more intense cocktail to cause this. So it's likely some phycho drug. It was the same drug my ex was taking.

link   
I grew up in Aurora and used to work in this theatre. It makes me very sad. this is going to be used to push more gun control, and TSA in malls and theatres.

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But you're assuming people with guns are untrained and panicky?

I don't care if you're trained and calm as a cucumber.. but most gun owners aren't and most rarely fire them off .. at least those I know.. regardless..

You're sitting in a movie theater munching on some popcorn.. you don't expect a bloke to pop in, lob tear gas and start firing a shotgun in your general direction.. I don't care who you are, that is not a moment where you're going to be calm, cool, collected.. draw your weapon and save the day.. especially in a dark room full of tear gas and charos

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Prepare for more anti-gun laws and "domestic terrorism" propaganda...

Sadly i agree with you.

link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well, I'll tell you, there is another consideration on your suggestion of drawing your weapon for anything but the ability to exit. Let's say I am there too...and as noted in other threads I do carry all the time with permit. I'm seeing people being shot ....all over, by reports. Crazy... and the tear gas, but thats a whole secondary issue.

Why are you so certain I, as one armed person, assume you ...as another armed person...are FRIENDLY? You may be a accomplice and the aim you may be taking on the bad guy? ...I see as maybe lining up on a kid.

Dark rooms...panic...chaos...and guns. Bad mix. No, I don't think CCW would have done a thing here but add victims from friendly fire, no one finds friendly.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

link   

Originally posted by miniatus

He entered an emergency door, thus had inside knowledge. He gave himself up to the police despite wearing body armor, paid assassin. The hollywood mafia zionists must have done this coinciding with the blown up tour bus.

It doesn't take inside knowledge to go into a theater, find the exit and prop it open.. but he did live 15 minutes from that theater and chances are he's probably been there before.. my bet is he IS the guy that was seen getting up from his seat and walking to the exit.. he probably propped it open there, suited up and returned ..

He was in the theatre despite shooting because he couldnt get a ticket? Sounds like a contradiction in the cover story.

Who said all that? I didn't ... someone posted earlier that he apparently admitted to buying a ticket for that show.. if that's true, it stands to reason he was in there.. and obviously could get a ticket.

link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yes, it was a source from law enforcement. They said he was in the theater, exited the emergency exit and propped it open, changed into his gear and got his weapons, then went back into the theater.

reply to post by zeeon

James Holmes "was in the process of withdrawing from the University of Colorado Denver's graduate program". He was quitting...

Maybe it had something to do with the tuition fee hikes at Colorado University.

University of Colorado boosts tuition 5 percent

Just throwing that out there..

edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreadblitz
pretty sure Mr. Jones called this

weird.

I need a cave

link   
How Ironical at the timing of this right before the US election.

link   
reply to post by filosophia

Ya that seems a little fishy....

Like with all these guns and fateges he was able to get into the theater? Or hide out and not be noticed? theaters aren't that high security but still, that seems a little odd to me. To me that's a first red flag about this whole thing.

link   
I wonder if they have any government/federal programs in the department of neuro science where he was a student?
Drug trails?Hypnosis maybe?

Why did he tell the cops about the bombs?

This totally reeks to me.

Yet again more innocent people die for reasons we may never know or understand.
Poor families,my heart goes out to them.

link   

Just saying a person did get a call and left toward the exit. If it was him then some might say it was the go signal or done for some reason.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I don't care if you're trained and calm as a cucumber.. but most gun owners aren't and most rarely fire them off .. at least those I know.. regardless..

There is a difference between a gun "owner" and someone that regularly carries a gun on their person.

To be honest, it is difficult to carry a gun everyday. You have to keep it concealed, you have to keep it secured, you have to give up a little comfort. You don't want it falling out in the middle of a meeting, or leaving it in a bathroom stall.

People who carry guns regularly are VERY familiar with their gun.

I agree with you that most gun "owners" are probably ill-equipped to use a gun in a tense situation, but people that might actually have carried one into a theatre are probably much more reliable to use it in that situation.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is bizarre and sad that one of the victims Jessica Ghawi who was killed in the shooting survived the Toronto mall shooting few weeks ago...

This was on CNN where I heard that...
edit on 20-7-2012 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join