It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by coven83

Ya good point it's like could I please get a tsa reach around grope with my popcorn. Cuz I really need to cop-a-feel before I go see my movie.

edit on 20-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by miniatus

Just saying a person did get a call and left toward the exit. If it was him then some might say it was the go signal or done for some reason.

Whereas I personally think if it was him, it was just him faking a call so he'd have an excuse to exit without drawing any suspicion .. you don't often see people just get up and exit for no reason.. if you pretend you just got a call and then make for the exit, it seems like you're just being polite so you don't disturb the other patrons.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The one thing that gets me is the fact that he walked out and allowed himself to be arrested by the police. It is almost like he was just performing a job, as if he was hired by someone else to do it, or blackmailed into it. I think we should at least look into the guy's background to see if we can get more information on his motives.

link   

One would think this would come up on survellence footage but even if it did the person is a knowbody with big shades and a hat and can't tell who they are.

link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Why are you so certain I, as one armed person, assume you ...as another armed person...are FRIENDLY? You may be a accomplice and the aim you may be taking on the bad guy? ...I see as maybe lining up on a kid.

I've heard that hypothetical many times, but I've NEVER heard of it happening in real life. I've heard of cops shooting each other. Happened right here in Florida at a football game a couple of years ago, but I've never heard of two CCW civilians shooting each other by mistake.

Actually, I was involved in a break-in incident at my place of business once, and I almost saw two cops shoot each other, and I could have been right between them, with my gun, but I was smart enough to realize the cops were probably more dangerous than the criminal, and I was right!

It is a valid hypothetical, but out of all the shootings I've ever read about, it just doesn't happen. Perhaps we are a lot smarter than we are given credit for?

link   
Who does this stuff?

Psychos and Psyop types. That is all.

We weed out psychos pretty early and reign in the ones prone to violence. But some obviously slip through or are created from a mental snap. Given the population, bound to occur. Given the non-stop mind-feed-programming through video news, film & gaming, more bound to occur. But what percent?

What about Psyops? Different beast. Hand-selected. Purpose: chaos creation & political/power manipulation. Trained, indoctrinated, programmed, whatever. The intent is to instill programming into the bio computer that will result in desired actions. Given the research budgets over the years, I'm guessing this works

What's the point? On the one hand you have a sliver of a population that might be bent on this behavior given the right conditions & stage in life/mind development. Whatever curse is causing this type to unleash, there's no predicting it.

On the other hand, you have a known presence that has reared it's head over the years. Given the fact that when some get good at certain things, it is virtually impossible for less in understanding or awareness to be able to detect when things aren't jake. Add to that the mission and purpose of psychological terror, the odds start to balance in terms of "whodunit". If you focus on the one and ridicule those who focus on the other, you might as well believe in flat-earth thinking. The microscope needs to be put on everyone involved. Interesting that govt is generally always involved in some way even it's just writing the report or taking the call.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Sounds to me they need to exercise the death penalty here, this is horrific...I can't wait to here what this persons motivations are..."daddy did not love me", "this girl turned me down"...etc...BS

lets bring back hangings or firing squads...look at Singapore, look at their penalties (some too extreme) but there is little violence there or drugs...

Sniper

link   
reply to post by r2d246

Wait for the four ounce liquid limit. " Yeah, could I get a sip of Coke please?"

link   

Originally posted by usaman1983
This is bizarre and sad that one of the victims Jessica Ghawi who was killed in the shooting survived the Toronto mall shooting few weeks ago...

This was on CNN where I heard that...
edit on 20-7-2012 by usaman1983 because: (no reason given)

its so sad, she wrote a eerie blog about it. I think of the move final destination when I read her blog, poor girl, my heart breaks and I pray for her and her family, she was so sweet.

her blog is at the bottom of this article

link to her blog

edit on 20-7-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
AR15
2 Glocks
Shotgun

Probably just a disgruntled hunter.

link   

Originally posted by gwynned
Why does everyone believe this ridiculous story? Seems completely made up to me and, as usual in these made up stories, lots of contradictory stories. He's white, he's not; Tennessee plates, Colorado plates. And I've listened to a couple of interviews and they simply don't make sense.

Is the Joker behind this? Some kind of publicity stunt?

Shooting imitates scene from 1986 Batman comic book...
WARNER BROS SHOWED PREVIEW WITH SCENE OF GANGSTER SHOOTING UP THEATER...

Coincidence?

You mean, like this quote:

"He came in and he threw in the gas can and then I knew it was real," Seeger told NBC News. "Then he shot the ceiling. Right after he shot the ceiling he pointed the gun right at me. At that point I drove into the aisle and I got lucky because he didn't shoot me.

or this one:

Moviegoer Quentin Caldwell said they were about 15 minutes into the film when he heard a very distinct, "pop, pop, pop, pop." "My wife jumped, and I just kind of sat there like 'oh, it was probably just really good special sound effects,'" he told CNN.

link

link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I agree with you that most gun "owners" are probably ill-equipped to use a gun in a tense situation, but people that might actually have carried one into a theatre are probably much more reliable to use it in that situation.

My point / opinion still stands.. even if you were a professional with a gun.. I don't think you're going to do much good with a weapon .. And honestly, any responsible person who's good with a gun wouldn't be returning fire in a crowded room with people running around screaming.. a dark crowded room filled with smoke as well as kids in panic.. the risk of hitting and killing an innocent is too high .. a lot of the witnesses said they couldn't even see him .. or only saw the shape of a man .. the people who seemed to actually see him were those he walked by when he was going up the aisle ..

I still contend that someone with a weapon, professional or otherwise, wouldn't have done any good in this case.

link   
I wonder if, as a neuro-sciences student, he volunteered for any experiments or drug trials?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I wonder will the film be pulled for this weekend.

I cant imaigne too many people would be able to sit comfortably in the dark in a cinema trying to watch this movie tonight?

link   
reply to post by elmoastro

Also the phycho's usually go out in a blaze where they shoot themselves or allow the police to shoot them. Not turn themselves in as if it was part of the deal.

link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by roadgravel

Just saying a person did get a call and left toward the exit. If it was him then some might say it was the go signal or done for some reason.

Whereas I personally think if it was him, it was just him faking a call so he'd have an excuse to exit without drawing any suspicion .. you don't often see people just get up and exit for no reason.. if you pretend you just got a call and then make for the exit, it seems like you're just being polite so you don't disturb the other patrons.

That was my thought at first, he wanted his exit to seem normal. which should mean he didn't return for a few minutes.

link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
reply to post by r2d246

Wait for the four ounce liquid limit. " Yeah, could I get a sip of Coke please?"

They'll probably still charge $6 for it though!

It took my wife and kids to a movie a month or two ago, and we decided instead of going to Longhorn for steaks, we would just eat at the theatre. Between tickets, food, and drinks, we spent $100!!
We should have opted for Steak and a real event locally instead of hotdogs, cokes, and a bad movie.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

Originally posted by gwynned
Why does everyone believe this ridiculous story? Seems completely made up to me and, as usual in these made up stories, lots of contradictory stories. He's white, he's not; Tennessee plates, Colorado plates. And I've listened to a couple of interviews and they simply don't make sense.

Is the Joker behind this? Some kind of publicity stunt?

Shooting imitates scene from 1986 Batman comic book...
WARNER BROS SHOWED PREVIEW WITH SCENE OF GANGSTER SHOOTING UP THEATER...

Coincidence?

You mean, like this quote:

"He came in and he threw in the gas can and then I knew it was real," Seeger told NBC News. "Then he shot the ceiling. Right after he shot the ceiling he pointed the gun right at me. At that point I drove into the aisle and I got lucky because he didn't shoot me.

or this one:

Moviegoer Quentin Caldwell said they were about 15 minutes into the film when he heard a very distinct, "pop, pop, pop, pop." "My wife jumped, and I just kind of sat there like 'oh, it was probably just really good special sound effects,'" he told CNN.

link

Eyewitness accounts are the least reliable .. it's a well known fact.. ESPECIALLY in situations like this, it doesn't mean it was made up .. in fact I think it's offensive to even suggest it .. but trying to remember details after such a shocking event like that is difficult because your mind is trying to make sense of it ..
edit on 7/20/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by marinesniper0317

Your way off.

link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

But you're assuming people with guns are untrained and panicky?

I don't care if you're trained and calm as a cucumber.. but most gun owners aren't and most rarely fire them off .. at least those I know.. regardless..

You're sitting in a movie theater munching on some popcorn.. you don't expect a bloke to pop in, lob tear gas and start firing a shotgun in your general direction.. I don't care who you are, that is not a moment where you're going to be calm, cool, collected.. draw your weapon and save the day.. especially in a dark room full of tear gas and charos

I absolutely could have placed 8 of 9 shots of .380 on target in a theater.
Shooting down from above the target below the seating would be better as well.
Although I have a crimson trace laser that I'm not sure I would have used it during a gas attack due to revealing my location.

More carry permits equals a safer public...

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join