It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65
Just another reminder to carry your weapons, boys and girls.

It wouldn't have helped anyone, not this time .. not going up against a man in full riot gear and bullet proof vest.. especially after he lobbed two canisters of tear gas into the room .. people were running around trying to make their way to exits..

link   
reply to post by jerico65

Ya but what's the odds you'd have time to return fire in a situation like this. You were distracted by the movie. You'd be dead.

CX

link   
Warner Brothers are pulling all promotional trailers for new film "Gangster Squad" from cinemas....don't tell me the film industry has a conscience?

Looks like they are worried of copycat attacks.

CX.

link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by g146541

You think he was a patsy?

I don't know, he could be, or he could be bat # crazy.... we need to know more about his background IMO before speculation starts.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthIsEasy

Click here for more information.

Grats, this is the dumbest thing i ever heard, and this would take a LOT...on ATS...

Edit: Mod was faster....gj

edit on 20-7-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

That's why you need to wear a gas mask whenever you go out just in case.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

reply to post by jerico65

Ya but what's the odds you'd have time to return fire in a situation like this. You were distracted by the movie. You'd be dead.

And even if he did have the frame of mind to pull out his weapon and try to return fire.. he'd have to have a steady hand to get a critical shot on a guy in full riot gear and bullet proof vest who's also a moving target in a room full of panic and chaos ... not to mention again, tear gas ..

link   
reply to post by r2d246

And that's just silly. I guess I'm different but, I have no desire to live in a place where I have to be packing all the time to make sure I make it through the day. That's why I don't live in a large city, I don't go to large cities often and I sure as hell don't go to large gatherings of people.

link   

That's why you need to wear a gas mask whenever you go out just in case.

And a bullet proof vest.. I'm not going anywhere in public again without a gas mask, bullet proof vest and a gun

link   

Actually, I'm going to take a surprising turn from my normal position and say Concealed Weapons would have been a BAD idea here. Bad Bad Bad. The world was ending and everything going crazy.....to the perspectives of those in that theater. Some of the eyewitness reports are kinda crazy as you'd expect,

Into that, relatively untrained people with guns, in the dark, with people in all directions? (slaps forehead) If I, God Forbid, were caught in something like this and I am armed, the exit is my goal and my gun isn't coming out unless an armed person is between me and that door. Anything else is FAR more likely to shoot other people, just like ME...than to score the magic shot to the bad guy.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

How do we know he wasn't injected with some drug and then set out into the theater like some mad dog by his handler?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

Originally posted by Pedro4077

I'm just sorry they took him alive. Some times, that's an unfortunate thing.

I disagree, i think taking him alive is the best possible outcome, we need to get into the minds of deranged individuals to see where the problem starts.

Then work on solutions.

I am so on the fence with this one, i see your point but how much study has been done on the minds of these people already. We know most of answers already, or enough to give us a good idea why it happens.

End of the day, the guy shot a baby. Only one solution for that in my eyes.

CX.

Yes so much study has already been done. But with the release of so many new anti-depressants, energy drinks, genetically modified foods, fluoridated waters and so on, the mental health problems keep evolving/morphing/changing.

There are constant changes to our processed food and vaccines/medication which affect the brain.

The study into the human mind will never be completed.

link   
Wow. just woke up and found this all over the place (Facebook, every news outlet, etc)

Who wants to bet that this is going to be used as "a call to get rid of small arms cuz they're too dangerous" or something similar?

That's what I'm guessing's gonna happen..

But on a more serious note, I do wish they catch this guy and any accomplices he may have and punish them to the fullest extent of the law. Don't execute him though, that's probably what he wants. Instead, let him rot in solitary for the rest of his life, just him & his thoughts...

People like that piss me off, and that is putting it lightly...

link   
He entered an emergency door, thus had inside knowledge. He gave himself up to the police despite wearing body armor, paid assassin. The hollywood mafia zionists must have done this coinciding with the blown up tour bus.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Actually, I'm going to take a surprising turn from my normal position and say Concealed Weapons would have been a BAD idea here. Bad Bad Bad. The world was ending and everything going crazy.....to the perspectives of those in that theater. Some of the eyewitness reports are kinda crazy as you'd expect,

Into that, relatively untrained people with guns, in the dark, with people in all directions? (slaps forehead) If I, God Forbid, were caught in something like this and I am armed, the exit is my goal and my gun isn't coming out unless an armed person is between me and that door. Anything else is FAR more likely to shoot other people, just like ME...than to score the magic shot to the bad guy.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

And I keep beating this point into the ground .. but the room wasn't exactly clear either, he just set off two canisters of tear gas .. so dark, smokey room amid panic and chaos .. concealed carry wouldn't have benefited anyone.. you're absolutely right, it could have just made things far worse.

link   
I remember listening to a interview of a mind control victim that said she was turned into a robot at the university of denver. A manchurian candidate. She said that allot happens in denver. I found it interesting that the CIA just moved to Denver.
If you do not know what that is, watch all 6 parts of this video its grate.

link   

Originally posted by TruthIsEasy

Click here for more information.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Homophobic retard of the week award goes to ... YOU!!!! Well done for being such a fine specimen of cavemanitus

**back on topic**

If there was another person who received a call to open the door for the killer, then you have to assume they knew what they were doing and may even be carrying out their own plans while the police are tied up with a rigged home.

It sounds like there is a lot more to come out of this yet unfortunately

link   

Could be. But then was it still open after the shooting. He would not need to leave it that but who knows. I was interested in whether he called him self to make it look normal or was some else involved. First thought is that the person who left was the shooter.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
He entered an emergency door, thus had inside knowledge. He gave himself up to the police despite wearing body armor, paid assassin. The hollywood mafia zionists must have done this coinciding with the blown up tour bus.

It doesn't take inside knowledge to go into a theater, find the exit and prop it open.. but he did live 15 minutes from that theater and chances are he's probably been there before.. my bet is he IS the guy that was seen getting up from his seat and walking to the exit.. he probably propped it open there, suited up and returned ..

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Originally posted by flyswatter

Originally posted by flyswatter

If just one of the victims had been packing this whole thing may have been avoided! If you are law abiding honest etc.. please do your duty and apply for a CCW! This kind og thing would never happen if an armed response was expected!

A person with a CWP and a gun would have been violating the law themselves. The theater doesnt allow firearms on the premises.

Keep it hidden!

And be arrested after the fact. You're advocating everyone get a CWP and break the law as they wish. Not smart, the world doesnt need more felons.

It's not a felony! It's a petty misdemeanor! Its only a felony if you are caught with switchblade or butterfly knife!

Shoot a person while illegally carrying a firearm, not a misdemeanor. By your suggestion, the person would also then be giving up their right to own a firearm, for the rest of their life.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join