It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea USO: 3D Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have to say, the 200m proximity barrier for any recording device is a mighty nice way to prolong a hoax...

Hypothetically speaking, of course

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcolsto
reply to post by MartyMan

I'm sorry, but giving interviews does not count toward college credit. This is the internet, hence you claiming you know one of the people on board can certainly not be verified unless you're willing to give names/proof. Since this project hasn't caused government scrutiny, there's no reason to think anyone involved is in any danger, and you should reveal all the details about this person and the team, including advanced degrees or certifications they have achieved that enable them to speak with authority on a topic like this. I got my scuba certification a couple of weeks before a vacation and can operate a fish finder. Is your friend more qualified than me? Scientific proof will always outweigh amateur conjecture.

And just tit for tat, you shouldn't believe anything I say on face either. Which is why I try to source as many things as possible. In example, here's a Popular Mechanics story that calls into question their methodology:

www.popularmechanics.com...
edit on 29-6-2012 by jcolsto because: clarity

Mate I have been visiting this site for many years and have refrained from stepping into discussions for my own reasons. A friend of mine is on this site and she suggested I posted the link to give you all a first hand explanation of what the crew witnessed. There is no conspiracy here. If you actually listened to the interview, you may actually take something in, instead of proclaiming to want college credits. The degrees will come if you have some patience. I made no mention of danger , intrigue or conspiracies regarding my mate who was on board. Like all the crew, they signed a non disclosure agreement , so it is not my position to give you his name. If you choose to disbelieve me, then I'm fine with that. This authority you mentioned, is something again I cannot give you. Even as a good mate, all he told me was that it was a very weird experience, but at the same time an exciting one. He is a camera man, not a scientist. Plain and simple, and I respect the fact he refrained from telling me more than I hoped he would. There is nothing for me to gain from telling you I know him. I did not give any cryptic hints or that I have inside information, so asking me to prove this is pointless. Even if I did confirm it, what benefit would it be to you. Im here to give you the link to the radio interview , Im not here to prove a thing . The radio interview is there for you to listen too. Your choice to believe me or not. If you want confirmation of him being there, then wait for the documentary to come out. His name will be listed in the credits. So maybe then you can do a facebook search and find us both. As for the Popular mechanics article, Im not really interested in that, but thanks anyway. These guys, as you will hear in the interview, are divers, there not scientists. They search for wrecks. How they are doing this has been there own decision and if people want answers before they are ready to release them, then I say , tuff tittes to them. I would love to know right now what it is too, but they have there own agenda. They're Swedish for god sakes. Bottom line is, they found something strange - got funding to go back to see what it was - the media jumped on it claiming ufos etc etc - they went back as a dive team, as they would looking for wrecks and did a basic look and see - took a very small sample of what they is say probably not the underlying material - Plan to go back in a few weeks for a more in-depth look. None of the team claimed it to be extraterrestrial nor have they claimed it to be something from space. When asked what they thought it possibly could be, they're reply was, '' Perhaps something that was built before the Ice Age''. So before a full scientific expedition can be mounted, they have to actually have to give those Educated folk a bloody good reason to go there. To mount an expedition to do a full scientific evaluation will cost millions, so I'm asking you all, who do you think is going to pay for that. These guys are deep sea salvages and they want to know what it is, and being the ones who found it, have every right too. I say give them the benefit and let them do what they are doing. Buddy I appreciate your passion and interest on this subject and I hope you get the answers your looking for soon.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS mate...

Firstly I've listened, and yeah something isn't quite right about this whole thing, but it certainly doesn't reek of a scam or a way to just cash in on the gullible public. Hopefully more info will come out in the coming weeks to support that.

I will only agree on one thing, they messed up when they said pictures forthcoming and then nothing..it raises a lot of flags with people and rightfully so, we've all see it way too many times..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

At last you have posted something which is interesting and REAL!!!

I shall hang around on these threads about this supposed USO until we have revelations of what this is???

As for the walls, stairs and portal?? Well.... its still pretty difficult to see this IMO

edit on 29-6-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The Baltic UFO image reminds me of the "attack" UFO's that fought the fighter jets in Independence Day...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I think it's very interesting and have no reason to believe it's a made up story and I look forward to any future discoveries.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Does this scare people that they might actually be onto to something. I find the whole story very intersting, I know a lot of you think its bullsh@t, I dont think anyone can discredit this story yet, the facts arent out. As a mechanical engineer, im really trying to look at the sizes of this, the shape, any natural formation, and unnatural. I was gong to try my own artist reandering, without looking at what has been drawn already, and just going off the sizes and shapes. it could truly be out of this world, but I just cant see the World power whores letting this one out of the bag, unless they really want it out, and think the masses are ready for this. Although Im hopefull that the masses are ready, something tells me that people will still look at this with closed minds if its proven to be other worldy

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
It is simply part of another lost civilization, just one of the many continuing to be discovered, just like the Bosnian pyramid structures.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Atleast WE are moving beyond the "ITS JUST A ROCK FORMATION" TALK
shall we see.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken
reply to post by dashdespatch

You are not interested in this strange case that show different clues and incredible news day by day?
Don't you belive?

I believe it's there but, oh woe! It can't be a UFO 'cause the darn thingie is made of stone! Or can UFOs made of stone fly??

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
S&F op for keeping us updated this is turning in to a great find for my curiosity. Lets wait for more info before judgement due to certain misleadings in the past

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Im with you dude!

All the 'know it all skeptics on here drive me nuts! so smug and sure of them selves when in reality they know as much as the rest of us, which is nothing! just make themselves look silly.

Persosnally I think it's more likely to be a natural formation or a man made structure, then finally and least likely alien, but im open to all suggestions and am looking forward to seeing the story develop.
edit on 29-6-2012 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Why didn't they dive already, tooka few samples and film it to see what's that?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

You are not interested in this strange case that show different clues and incredible news day by day?
Don't you belive?

I believe it's there but, oh woe! It can't be a UFO 'cause the darn thingie is made of stone! Or can UFOs made of stone fly??

So, you know it's made of stone by fact, yes? Meaning you've actually been down there, took a piece of it, and watched it get tested to come back as 100% stone, right?
Oh, you mean you haven't? Then how do you KNOW it's made from stone, exactly? Or are you, like the rest of us, just speculating on what you believe this object to be?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I've always said that there is as much going on in and on the bottom of the ocean as there is above it.

Just think of what lies buried down there?

What secrets are waiting to be discovered.

What could have crashed down there.

What the caverns hold...

What archaeological finds are just waiting for us...

Man.

Even if this isn't real.... there is plenty of stuff down there.

We should be spending a good amount of money looking in the oceans and on the seabed.
edit on 29/6/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
The only thing that concerns me is this written right on the teams site. Im guessing a lot of free material and equipment comes out of this. Step one is to create a buzz without giving away anything. Even if it is discovered what it is I am going to bet the answer will be left to those that purchase the documentary.

We can now offer companies possibilities for unique corporate partnerships. The partnerships may include lectures, team-building workshops, unique footage, video clips, IR activities, crew membership etc, depending on the nature of the partnership.

A documentary film is produced, by Titan Television, about the anomaly at the bottom of the Baltic Sea.

SOURCE

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Hmmm very interested to see what this turns out to be...

I will reserve any negative judgement until we know for sure what it is.

Peace

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingkool
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but if this was actually anything of significance multiple military's would be all over the site.

Now that would be silly wouldn't it, why on earth would tptb draw remotely any attention to this story - ridicule the team and the expedition, jam communication, set the trolls on full alert and let them do the hard work, cleanup and occupy the area on a technicality and deny anything was ever there is more their style.

Not saying it is an ET craft, but say it was, it would have been removed a long time ago following the first release of a sonar image imo.

Thanks Arken for the post though, I am enjoying keeping up with the latest on this story and am certainly intrigued by the straight lines revealed by the new sonar images. Hmmm.
edit on 29-6-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
What ever this is, even if it's just natural rock formations, I think it's interesting. I would like for it to be something more than that, because that's what makes life more interesting. Having said that, I came across something at a site called Guerrilla Explorer. I don't know anything about the site, I just found it doing a search on the Baltic anomaly. Anyway they have a whole series of articles about it from the get go starting 1-30-12... The last article brings up there being a possibility that Dennis Åsberg, co-founder of the Ocean X Team is actually a Swedish actor. Obviously, this in of itself does not mean anything, but as the article dated 6-28-12 points out, how better to help propagate a hoax that to hire a professional actor?

They also say in an article at Guerrilla Explorer that there are some translation errors, and that the right angle lines may be on the surface of the object, and do not depict internal structures like walls and such...

I'm not saying this is a hoax, just pointing out more information, fuel for the fire so to say. If I had to say one way or the other, I don't think it's a natural rock formation... but I don't know what it is.

Here's a link to the article about the actor and the list of all the articles is at the bottom of that... Breaking News! Is the Baltic Anomaly an Elaborate Hoax?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Believer101

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

Don't you belive?

So, you know it's made of stone by fact, yes? Meaning you've actually been down there, took a piece of it, and watched it get tested to come back as 100% stone, right?
Oh, you mean you haven't? Then how do you KNOW it's made from stone, exactly? Or are you, like the rest of us, just speculating on what you believe this object to be?

It can be whatever you want it to be! One day the Ocean X team says its stone (yes, they have said that), the next they say its "something organic". The next its "maybe concrete". So why are you criticizing someone who is just going by what the "Ocean X" publicity seeking treasure divers have told them?

If the objective is to solve a "real mystery" they are sending the wrong people to investigate, since they can't even tell the difference between stone, concrete and "something organic". They took a sample several days ago. They probably at least know the composition of the formation.

But they won't tell you what it is, because the whole purpose of this exercise if to build up publicity for their TV show.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join