It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea USO: 3D Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
We apply some filters to the original image, and....

I know it will probably turn out to be a relatively mundane rock formation, but I thought it might be a monolith. One that was perhaps being transported to or from Sweden on a raft when it sank. It could even explain the "runway" as a large disk shaped object might perhaps have achieved some horizontal thrust as it sank.

Having said that... nature...

edit on 29-6-2012 by zigguratvertigo because: added stuff

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by zigguratvertigo

Wait what?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantifedInfinity

Thank you for proving my point, I never even gave an opinion as to what the objects are, I'm only interested in what the object really is. Then you quoted me without reading it apparently.

From Dennis: “We still have some months before it is too late going out to the site. But as it looks like now it will be last expedition for us. I think a real scientific team should take over and make a real scientific expedition to the area. After all, we are just wreck hunters who’s trying to find out what we a have discovered.

As for:

Originally posted by QuantifedInfinity

Maybe because we have 100% fallacy in physical evidence for it being anything more then an interestingly shaped object?..

Maybe because in the entire history of UFO/USO's we have no real physical proof of alien involvements?

Maybe it's because these are treasure hunters, gifted and talented in the ways of Con artists of old and present?..

I still haven't seen where the Ocean X team or I for that matter say its an alien craft. I posted a link from their Facebook page and even copied it here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why attack me for posting their side of the story, from their mouths?

ETA: reply to post by Imtor

He was being clever by putting a Cylon from Battlestar Galactica on the radar

edit on 29-6-2012 by add alone because: To add a reply

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This whole things grows more and more as an unreliable thing to me. OceanX its been in charge of making all the people crazy about this, its called, publicity. That is equals to money this days. They are just trying to get reach using peoples naiveness.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I really enjoy every rumor that gets out , about this strange object that gets stranger day by day...for all I know this could be the one thing that could trigger the disclosure wide open to it's final rightful end! I mean every coverup in the world would blow wide open.. It could be bigger than the ark in itself.....

The artist impressions are also great and detailed.. wow does this really looks like what I think this could be ...?

For so far this research brought us more info than lake vostok did....
edit on 21/12/2010 by 0bserver1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaussq

I'm not going to disrespect you and say that my value system or perception of the world is better than yours; it's just different. I have to have a way to conceptualize information. Asking me to make a jump in albeit a preconceived and learned logical structure without anything I can relate to (hard facts, conventional science) is too much. Great claims must be met with equally great evidence.

When claims like this are made it is important to me that other people like me, or perhaps more intrinsically wired to believe than I am, are not taken advantage of. There's common threads concerning false flags on this site. This ideology doesn't only represent military tactics. The more false information passed down by scam artists or people entrenched in power, the less likely we as a people are to view a real event as scientifically relevant, and we are disempowered and intellectually weaker as a result. Now I know a lot of this has been exacerbated by the media. From what I have read/heard from the OEX team, they don't believe it to be alien, and they know they are in over their heads scientifically. Regardless, even if this is only evidence of a previously undiscovered ancient civilization, wouldn't that also be exciting? None of the conventional evidence points toward anything paranormal or extraordinary. I'd like to believe otherwise, but I can't. I have respect for you if you are able, but I will wait for something a little more meaty before I bite.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I'd go with Ancient.....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I thought this was giant fungi...?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by kauskau
i dont get it..i thought it was a giant mushroom?
So its not a giant mushroom?

Why do so many people keep saying this? It said it was Mushroom SHAPED...LIKE a Mushroom....never ever said it WAS a weird underwater mushroom!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by add alone
reply to post by bluestreak53
You also keep throwing in the "it's going to be on a show, therefor everyone is a liar to get money" lame excuse to derail the thread.

So you don't think that the fact that this is part of a TV show is relevant to the way they are choosing to publicize their "discovery"?

And where did I ever say, "everyone is a liar to get money?". I'm pretty sure I never said that. If that is a quote, you should make a proper quote from a post, rather than putting words in my mouth.

So I am "derailing the thread" by voicing my opinion that this may in fact be a hoax? Or that they are perhaps misleading us about what they have found?

Sorry if my emotes upset you, but not everyone believes that this is an earth shattering discovery as some seem to want to believe. Is everyone who questions the legitimacy of some of the speculation, just expected to shut up and stop posting as this "derails the thread"?

Anyways, since it is clear that you are offended by my usage of emotes, I will try to restrain myself from using any more in posts to this thread or others relating to discussion about the "Baltic anomaly".

It does not make it a Hoax just because it is going to be filmed. The investors who paid for the whole dive is a film company, I am personally glad they put up the money even if it means they withhold for the sake of their film and money.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by stirling

Makes sense.
I just wonder why no rock samples of it have been brought up or bored into.

They have and they are being tested at this time. They don't expect to find it is any material other then regular stone they say but they are testing a chipped piece from the large structure and a free stone from the surface.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Arken

At least this story is beginning to get interesting now!! The electronic equipment failing within 200 meters of this thing, and now these awesome details!!

Thanks Arken! This might just be the biggest story we have ever heard about!!

IF, things all add up to what it is looking like so far anyways.....

S&F Arken....Great thread

The only thing that makes it interesting is that some people believe all of this. I think they are just making up stories to keep they audience entertained and breathlessly awaiting the TV premier of the "Baltic Yahoos" reality comedy show.

Just another totally pointless and stupid thread.

I don't normally like black or white thinking but,.....

You are either a government shill, paid to post in onlone forums such as this, and do your best to sway public opinion/ derail,mock,and ridicule any thread which has the potential of waking the masses and creating a national security threat.

OR

You are a very fearful person who sees this as something soooo threatening to their fragile worldview which theatens to totally uproot all of your deeply held, firmly planted beliefs and makes a mockery of everything you always thought you knew. This MUST NOT be true and you will do anything and EVERYTHING to allow yourself to keep your head buried in the sand.

Which one are you?

I DO NOT forget A holes who just think they can let # fall out of their mouths with ZERO consequence or accountability.
As this continues to unfold I WILL make references to your assanine post and position and I will KEEP making references to your assanine post until you beg me to stop. You will eat your words whether you like it or not. Hope you've got plenty of ketchup.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

A person gives an explanation why they find it interesting, their opinion that they dont believe and why they dont and you reply with that, and only 2 options of what this stranger to you is, they are either that or the other, maybe you should be debating on some hardcore fundamental religious blog because that type of ideology is required, im pretty sure we deny ignorance here at ATS.,

On topic and end of rant,

I would love for this to be either some ancient construction or something of extra terrestrial origin, however, with all the internet chatter and theorizing I think the best we could do is to allow whatever investigation and wait for results, see if they can be verified and go from there. I mean to try and deduce that its anything from those first images we saw of the seafloor is insane without further investigation. And until you or I are actually going to go out there and perform our own research we must rely on the info we get, and when people start theorizing that its this or that when ever real research and results are released it makes it much harder for us uneducated folks to get a grasp on the real facts when so much rubbish is covering the playing field

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Originally posted by Screwed

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Arken

At least this story is beginning to get interesting now!! The electronic equipment failing within 200 meters of this thing, and now these awesome details!!

Thanks Arken! This might just be the biggest story we have ever heard about!!

IF, things all add up to what it is looking like so far anyways.....

S&F Arken....Great thread

The only thing that makes it interesting is that some people believe all of this. I think they are just making up stories to keep they audience entertained and breathlessly awaiting the TV premier of the "Baltic Yahoos" reality comedy show.

I don't normally like black or white thinking but,.....

You are either a government shill, paid to post in onlone forums such as this, and do your best to sway public opinion/ derail,mock,and ridicule any thread which has the potential of waking the masses and creating a national security threat.

OR

You are a very fearful person who sees this as something soooo threatening to their fragile worldview which theatens to totally uproot all of your deeply held, firmly planted beliefs and makes a mockery of everything you always thought you knew. This MUST NOT be true and you will do anything and EVERYTHING to allow yourself to keep your head buried in the sand.

Which one are you?

I DO NOT forget A holes who just think they can let # fall out of their mouths with ZERO consequence or accountability.
As this continues to unfold I WILL make references to your assanine post and position and I will KEEP making references to your assanine post until you beg me to stop. You will eat your words whether you like it or not. Hope you've got plenty of ketchup.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

A person gives an explanation why they find it interesting, their opinion that they dont believe and why they dont and you reply with that, and only 2 options of what this stranger to you is, they are either that or the other, maybe you should be debating on some hardcore fundamental religious blog because that type of ideology is required, im pretty sure we deny ignorance here at ATS.,

On topic and end of rant,

I would love for this to be either some ancient construction or something of extra terrestrial origin, however, with all the internet chatter and theorizing I think the best we could do is to allow whatever investigation and wait for results, see if they can be verified and go from there. I mean to try and deduce that its anything from those first images we saw of the seafloor is insane without further investigation. And until you or I are actually going to go out there and perform our own research we must rely on the info we get, and when people start theorizing that its this or that when ever real research and results are released it makes it much harder for us uneducated folks to get a grasp on the real facts when so much rubbish is covering the playing field

There's plenty of education to go round here alright - they are clearly taking liberties with we straining, gullable landlubbers.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

A person gives an explanation why they find it interesting, their opinion that they dont believe and why they dont and you reply with that,

When somebody is rude enough to say the above.......You're damn right.
You left THAT part out of your little rant now didn't you?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Well that pretty much shuts down all those "giant sea mushroom" trolls. Looks like it may be some remnant from an ancient civilization...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I'm wondering... could this thing be a
Laccolith?
en.wikipedia.org...

Might be a more natural explanation

That's an interesting explanation.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

that sure as hell looks like the millenium falcon

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212
reply to post by Arken

that sure as hell looks like the millenium falcon

We're trying to move on from this observation if we can? I don't think this sucker will be doing the Kessel Run anytime soon.
edit on 29-6-2012 by jamdan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by zigguratvertigo

LOL! That's a Cylon!

Nice try though

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So...it's a mushroom then? Disappointing

edit on 29-6-2012 by marymaryg4321 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join