It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baltic Sea USO: 3D Sonar reveals perfectly straight lines and angles embedded into the structure

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeriousIndividual
reply to post by wewillnotcomply666

USO stands for UNIDENTIFIED SUBMERGED OBJECT.

ahh that makes sense lol. thank you

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Just an idea but perhaps this was used to illegally dump toxic waste. It could be nuclear or biological waste. You wouldn't store it in metal because that would be too easy to pick up during scans.

Make a container out of dumped rocks, put a pipe down from a boat to the container and then put a big rock lid on it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by StringThFor me there is no point discussing the existence of aliens, they exist, 100%. My proof: Humans exist, this is not a once of chance or coincidence. If we exist then there are more we's. Simple.

Maybe. Maybe we're the first. Until you have more than one data point it's not possible to say.

As to the baltic sea anomaly, I have to say that unfortunately I am not a diver and I have not any experiences whatsoever or any knowledge for that matter, so it is extremely hard to say what really is involved in such a project.

I would love to hear something from a diver, professionals preferred, just to tell me how hard it is to get down there and how many dives one could make in how many days. It would be great to know how much really such a project costs. These infos would help me understand how much there is hyping going on.

300 feet's a technical dive. If you have a 1 atmosphere suit, you can do it all day long, but it's tough to move around in one and they're expensive as hell, also takes a lot of maintenance. You can also do that one in "moon suits", the sort where you're supplied by air from the surface. Also tough to move around.

If you wanted to crawl all over it with some degree of freedom, the best way to do it is with trimix using a CCR. This lets you spend a relative lot of time on site, but at that depth will wear you out due to temperature and breathing mix density at depth. You also have a relative lot of compression chamber time since trimix has nitrogen in it.

It's going to be somewhat expensive any way you go at it. 300 feet is a pretty deep dive, one for which you will have to pay well for equipment and divers. I've been to 180+ feet on straight air on what was essentially a bounce dive a couple of times, deeper on mixed gas and trimix. I think the deepest I ever went on a task dive was something like 250 feet on trimix with a CCR, but I did a LOT of line time on the way back up. It was also a night dive so I spent a lot of time basically napping clipped to the line stops. If it's warm water you can spend a lot more time before you poop out, dry suits add their own special issues.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by bluestreak53

I think they said that the object is at 275 feet.

Oops, just saw from one of the above post about the Tec Trimix Diver:
www.padi.com...

It appears that they do training in 300' .

Make training dives as deep as 90 metres/300feet

Diving with trimix is the outer edge of tec diving – the maximum depth for using this technology has yet to be defined.

So who in ATS is qualified to do the DIVE?

edit on 28-6-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Baltic Sea USO can be shortened to BS USO

USO? unidentified swimming object ? haha

You must be new to the alien conspiracy world, or I'm just that bad at failing to pick up on sarcasm. Anyway, I believe the word in USO you're looking for is Submerged, not swimming lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like someone got to it first.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by Arken

At least this story is beginning to get interesting now!! The electronic equipment failing within 200 meters of this thing, and now these awesome details!!

:

I have to question the "failure" of the electrical equipment. Perhaps some equipment failed, but surely the divers have communication abilities, lights magnatometers, and other electrical equipment that they carry with them. And what about the sonar and other equipment on the ship? Sorry, I can't buy that statement as it was given the other day by the explorering officials.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by IAMTAT

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality

Rock is something that doesn't disrupt electrical equipment when you go over it!?

Magnetite is the most magnetic of all the naturally occurring minerals on Earth.
When present in large quantities it possibly could disrupt electronics.

Only for very short distances and would have to be a very strong field. I worked for a while in an aluminum smelter which has very strong magnetic fields that could screw up cell phones and such. But that effect died down very quickly. (within distance of a few feet I recall). Magnetite has a rather weak magnetic field.

This is still presuming that it is the structure itself that is blocking the EM fields and not the water as suggested in this paper.

arxiv.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ear-Responsible

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
Baltic Sea USO can be shortened to BS USO

USO? unidentified swimming object ? haha

You must be new to the alien conspiracy world, or I'm just that bad at failing to pick up on sarcasm. Anyway, I believe the word in USO you're looking for is Submerged, not swimming lol.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like someone got to it first.
edit on 28-6-2012 by Ear-Responsible because: (no reason given)

Sorry but it was just a joke lol. although i didn't, at the time ,know it meant submerged, i didn't actually think it meant swimming haha.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
It's the tippy top of a capital building of one of Atlantis' ancient captured city-states.

It's the plug to Agartha.

It's a mushroom (wouldn't mind...you know..
)

It is one half, or the whole of a crashed UFO

It is the failed attempt at an ancient man-made UFO.

It is the gravesite of ancient Gods such as Enki or Enlil

It is the cradle -- the lab used in ancient times to create mankind as we know it

Rock Formation

All of these are equally plausible, but you shouldn't CLAIM anything as fact. IMO this story is just being overcooked to sell to the people following it, so don't complain when you realize how burnt the meat's become, but that s my opinion. Can we at least be civil, and keep opinion?
edit on 28-6-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Just open the hatch and dive in already.

What's so hard about that?

They obviously are not too scared to go down there and explore it. So, what would make the difference of opening it? Watch it take like 3 months to open it.

No different then exploring an Egyptian tomb with all the traps in place.

Indiana Jones would have no fears. He would just go for it.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Here is a reply that I made on one of the other threads. Your reply made me want to post it here. Tell me what you think.

My original post starts here.

I have been doing a little bit of research into this.

I think that people are overlooking one major fact. What was the region like before it was a "sea".

I think that this could have been possibly man made by ancients just like stonehenge or something.

I looked up the baltic sea region and when it formed.

The Baltic Sea somewhat resembles a riverbed, with two tributaries, the Gulf of Finland and Gulf of Bothnia. Geological surveys show that before the Pleistocene instead of the Baltic Sea, there was a wide plain around a big river called the Eridanos. Several glaciation episodes during the Pleistocene scooped out the river bed into the sea basin. By the time of the last, or Eemian Stage (MIS 5e), the Eemian sea was in place. Instead of a true sea, the Baltic can even today also be understood as the common estuary of all rivers flowing into it.

en.wikipedia.org...en.wikipedia.org...

Then I clicked on the Pleistocene era.

The Pleistocene ( /ˈplaɪstəsiːn/) (symbol PS[1]) is the geological epoch which lasted from about 2,588,000 to 11,700 years ago, spanning the world's recent period of repeated glaciations. The name Pleistocene is derived from the Greek πλεῖστος (pleistos "most") and καινός (kainos "new").

en.wikipedia.org...

I believe that it is possible for man to have made this on a river way about the time of an ice age when water levels were lower. We all know from easter island, the pyramids and such that ancient man was capable of building some pretty bizarre "things".

I know that everybody wants it to be "aliens", but I am leaning more to ancient terestrial man making another "monument" for reasons that we do not know of.

One has to think logical and go back into geological history to try to figure out and understand what is going on.

Not just a picture and a slogan.

I for one believe this more than an unknown alien entity.

If the object is what it appears then we need to focus and use logic. Not Holywood television producers.

13,000 plus years ago man could have built this, which explains the soot on the rocks, fire on dry land, by a riverbed. Mother nature's natural wrath takes over and floods the area into what is now a large sea, instead of a riverbed and a small sea.

Think about it. I for one am surprised that none has thought of this.
edit on 28-6-2012 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Just open the hatch and dive in already.

What's so hard about that?

They obviously are not too scared to go down there and explore it. So, what would make the difference of opening it? Watch it take like 3 months to open it.

No different then exploring an Egyptian tomb with all the traps in place.

Indiana Jones would have no fears. He would just go for it.

edit on 28-6-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I love how you talk about 'the hatch' like one has already been discovered.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Has anyone thought that the structure might be part of Atlantis?

I was reading that many are becoming very skeptical about this because the company supposedly might be just trying to gain national attention for financial reasonings. Also read that gas coming off the ocean floor can show mixed results on sonar, and the results have not been consistent.

Any thoughts?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
We can discuss as much as we want...

But in the end of the day they will NEVER present the true findings! (as they always do since....ever!)

Eventhough this story really gets me thinking and makes me want to search more updates on it... i do know they* will never say the truth!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I still say this is a simple publicity stunt with an already known sunken set of objects...

I''m not threatened by discoveries of ancient civilizations, or other such nonsense, because it affects me not a bit, one way or the other...

All craft are Human built, and we have some pretty amazing technologies from all the hoopla made over them as a UFO or USO...

Just you wait and see, three day special five tops, and you are left with more questions then answers...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I thought we'd already gone over this several times. This team is in it for money. The leader of the expedition has confirmed that this is not of extraterrestrial origin. They are trying to get money to take people down for "trips" to see the object. They're trying to get money together to fund a documentary (probably to air after "ANCIENT ALIENS!!!!" on the History Channel). They are confirmed treasure hunters, and they have NO scientific credentials. Are all of you so blind that you believe no scientific team in the world is willing/able to examine the object? The only evidence any of you have are statements made by a group of junkers. In other words, you have no evidence. When a credible scientific inquiry is made, give me a call. Till then, quit pretending this is anything but a publicity/cash grab.

Obviously this site was created so that there would be an alternative voice to the mainstream media on strange or even possibly paranormal activity. This doesn't mean we should abandon all reason. The most plausible explanation is either a natural phenomenon created by retreating or advancing glaciers or, even further out there, the remains of an ancient civilization built during the short time this part of the Earth would have been capable of supporting non-marine life. There are reasonable explanations for why they are having technological difficulties as well as every other reported "odd" characteristic of the object. Some people here want this to be "alien" (and this is most certainly not limited to this thread) that they make the mistake of most amateur investigators. They have a preconceived theory which they try to fit the facts. It's bad science, and it's the reason people like John Edwards (the "psychic" not the politician) were able to manipulate people out of their money. So far, this team has been extremely edwardsesque in its approach to funding and the object.

Proof the leader of the expedition has already claimed it's not aliens (already sourced in SEVERAL other threads): "Swedish explorers have put to rest speculation of a spaceship at the bottom of the Baltic -- but they're adding fuel to the ‘what is it’ mystery of this deep-sea object anyway. Digital pictures FoxNews.com has obtained from the team show that the object, located beneath the waves of the Baltic between Sweden and Finland, is some sort of “natural, geological formation,” Peter Lindberg, the leader of the Ocean Explorer team, told FoxNews.com."

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

IT'S A SCAM, PEOPLE!!!!
edit on 29-6-2012 by jcolsto because: Ancient Aliens is on History, not Discovery

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingkool
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but if this was actually anything of significance multiple military's would be all over the site.

No, the best way to deal with this in a high profile way would be to discredit, debunk, dissuade people/sponsors/investors from taking interest by writing and greenlighting news articles in mainstream media to deal with the issue in the most subtle and effective way.

There is no way even the militaries of the world can recover something that is firmly embedded in the seabed that is this huge. If htey already have ufo wreckage in their inventory they are not going to go for something that is ancient and useless by comparison by what they already have.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
let me get this straight, there is a strange anomaly that they are unable to identify? but we have telescopes that can see billions of galaxies? and drones that can look into your living room from 45000 feet, but they can not figure out what this is? hmmm. bullsht. don't kid yourselves people, they know exactly what it is, and we never will. period.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

With respect, I would like to stick with my original thought, when this unusual geological feature first made the news.

It is a geological feature, albeit an unusual one, the like of which may never have seen before, it may even be unique...

I'm sure the truth will come out eventually, and prove to be somewhat less fascinating than the hype....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Maybe this radio interview with the leader of the Ocean X Team will put a little more clarity into many opinions. It is pretty clear in this interview that there is a lot more going on in this story that a lot of media has speculated on. To me, this is clearly not a scam or a PR stunt. Although the interviewer himself is into ''Out there'' theories, he asked the relevant questions that most people are speculating on. I myself know one of the film crew that was on board the boat. I cannot give anymore information on this as he himself had nothing more to say other than the experience was a bit weird and the crew really had no idea what the hell it was. There was no mention of UFOs or anything for that matter. Hopefully this next more in depth expedition will reveal more. With visibility at just over a meter or so, this mystery is something that will not be solved in one simple trip. Listen to the interview and then see how you feel about all of this. soundcloud.com...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join