It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these ghosts in the cemetery

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by IAMTAT

That is a good point that you make.

Something else to keep in mind is the possibility that dust lying on walkways and grass could have been stirred up by your own footsteps. Even in a windless environment, slight air currents could make the difference between the presence or absence of dust in the area being photographed.

Another possibility is lint shedding from your clothing. Any quick movements could send some out in front of the camera.
ETA: a sneeze can also fill the air with a spray of fine droplets.
edit on 24-6-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

I won't disagree with you. Even the lint idea is a possibility...but, again, I don't think we were ever actually running in there....or sneezing, for that matter.

We're not 'ghost hunters'...and this was our first time doing this...but we definitely had fun together; the orbs we discovered when we got home, were just a scary bonus.
edit on 24-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Good OP!

I am a believer, but I don't put too much stock in orbs to be honest. It's different when you are there experiencing things and getting evidence that coincides with with the pictures. But getting anyone to believe it, if they weren't there, is one of the most difficult and dare I say impossible things to ever try to do. If you were feeling things and having contact with spirits within the grounds, awesome, but if it's not on video, it's going to be hard to convince others.

I believe you and your family probably had an experience, but to ask others if that's the case is never a good answer. You know what you felt and in that lies your answer. You might have people who manipulate the original picture to try and "debunk" it and those who flat out disagree. Heck, you might even have just simply caught some pollen, which isn't always very visible to the naked eye when it's just hanging in the air.

But if you think you had an experience then I believe you, no one can tell you that your hair wasn't standing on end or that you kept getting the chills. But I just wouldn't call these "spirit orbs" quite yet.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CHIEF23
Good OP!

I am a believer, but I don't put too much stock in orbs to be honest. It's different when you are there experiencing things and getting evidence that coincides with with the pictures. But getting anyone to believe it, if they weren't there, is one of the most difficult and dare I say impossible things to ever try to do. If you were feeling things and having contact with spirits within the grounds, awesome, but if it's not on video, it's going to be hard to convince others.

I believe you and your family probably had an experience, but to ask others if that's the case is never a good answer. You know what you felt and in that lies your answer. You might have people who manipulate the original picture to try and "debunk" it and those who flat out disagree. Heck, you might even have just simply caught some pollen, which isn't always very visible to the naked eye when it's just hanging in the air.

But if you think you had an experience then I believe you, no one can tell you that your hair wasn't standing on end or that you kept getting the chills. But I just wouldn't call these "spirit orbs" quite yet.

I appreciate your candor...and, yes, my daughter and I both believe that we were experiencing something paranormal out there. I'm not trying to prove anything...or convince anyone, by having these photos posted and by giving personal evidence of our experience last night.
I'm simply sharing something that was personally very exciting.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I still don't get why your cam is set to take 640x480 photos. But of course I was just poking fun. I put an old timer in the bubble that's clearly not there in the original. No one took it seriously but you...

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It looks like someone didn't clean the camera lens. You can't be serious right? [snip] stains on a camera lens and everybody yells ghosts? What the hell is wrong with you people?
edit on 24/6/12 by masqua because: naughty bit edited out

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by IAMTAT

I still don't get why your cam is set to take 640x480 photos. But of course I was just poking fun. I put an old timer in the bubble that's clearly not there in the original. No one took it seriously but you...

Thank you.
As to the camera setting, it was my wife's camera...and must've been set that way when we took it.
edit on 24-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Yep, and for bonus points, sorry for implying she was trolling. I was just pretending I found that in case she'd come back swearing she didn't add it/declaring proof of ghosts. It was a slow Saturday night...

I think they are impressive pics if you didn't detect moisture or drizzle in the air. Still, proof of nothing.

edit on 6/24/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by IAMTAT

Yep, and for bonus points, sorry for implying she was trolling. I was just pretending I found that in case she'd come back swearing she didn't add it/declaring proof of ghosts. It was a slow Saturday night...

I think they are impressive pics if you didn't detect moisture or drizzle in the air. Still, proof of nothing.

edit on 6/24/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

You're alright, Akuma.

You're also right that it's still proof of nothing. I'm not trying prove the existence of ghosts with this. I'm sharing what we experienced and what we found.
BTW: there was absolutely no precipitation in the air here Saturday night.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

I don't know if it is some new trend, ( U.K.) but I live next to a graveyard, and over the last couple of years I've notice that people are adorning new gravestones with a variety of coloured L.E.D. Lights, which must have night sensors to switch them on.

I first noticed them when dog walking, late evening, and thought them odd, 'til I realised what they were.

There has been a lot of controversy about adorning gravestones in the UK, in general, as some of it has been described as " Tacky" ( Trashy.)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Moisture, dust, reflections, pixelation (spelling?), I'd say no is the safe bet here. If this has ghosts, I have taken hundreds of pictures loaded with ghosts at the many haunted places I've been to.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks for the info on the conditions.
It always helps.

The other possibility that we have to consider is pollen and/or tree sap.

There is a million and one things it could be.
Labeling it as paranormal is far harder than one can imagine.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thanks for the info on the conditions.
It always helps.

The other possibility that we have to consider is pollen and/or tree sap.

There is a million and one things it could be.
Labeling it as paranormal is far harder than one can imagine.

Oh, I completely agree...although the tree sap possibility would be one I hadn't considered (lens was clean).

I'm asking my wife to put up a sampling of several of the many other cemetery photos from that night, which are clear and have absolutely no orb activity ( these are the the majority) in order to show a contrast.

We're still taken by the fact that the orb activity in this series of photos seems to show an increase over the duration of our time there, with the second photo posted in this thread representing the final cemetery photo taken before exiting...as well as the culmination of their activity.

It certainly felt to us that:

1.) We enter the cemetery and begin walking around asking out loud for spirits to come out to show themselves, taking photos...and finding nothing.

2.) They appear to be timid at the beginning; sizing us up...wondering about our activity and intentions and keeping out of photo range.

3.) As my daughter begins to hear and feel things, a few orbs begin to show up in a few photos (remember. we didn't look at these photos until we got home and put them on the computer)...but they seem to be gathering a distance from us.

4.) My daughter's anxiety begins to increase...to the point where she want us to leave right away. As we're just about to leave the cemetery, I snap the last photo (posted) showing the multitude of orbs behind us.

5.) This seems to us, that at first they were unaware of us, then, after becoming aware, they were wary...then they became curious as to our intentions...and, finally, they begin to gather 'en mass' in order to make us leave.

edit on 25-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Here are two of the earlier photo's.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I would love to see the picks the picks...your links are not working....my daughter and her friends are out on a cemetery investigation tonight also.

Not a very safe thing to do, unless your prepared. Their are steps one should take BEFORE doing something like this. If not, you may find an unwelcome "guest" follows your daughter home...

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn

Originally posted by timetothink

I would love to see the picks the picks...your links are not working....my daughter and her friends are out on a cemetery investigation tonight also.

Not a very safe thing to do, unless your prepared. Their are steps one should take BEFORE doing something like this. If not, you may find an unwelcome "guest" follows your daughter home...

I agree.
My daughter and I said a prayer for protection before we entered...and after we left.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hello fellow orb photographer, lol.
My avatar is a picture of an orb "in motion", taken in the house that we recently moved out of. The house had a very dark depressing energy and was also very active with orbs.
I was able to take many pictures (in quick succession) of them; without moving or changing anything....they would appear and disappear.
I could also (telepathically?) ask them to appear in a picture.....I have shots taken where I am looking up and gesturing to "nothing" but an orb appears in the pic in the exact spot I am looking.
I don't know what they are, but I absolutely do NOT agree that they are dust, moisture or sap.
(I don't know how to post pics so that they show in my message, but I'm willing to show them if someone would like to explain in layman's terms).
To anyone who wants to roast me for my claims....it doesn't matter. I know what I have experienced.....and don't believe that any of us knows what they are......yet.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jacygirl
Hello fellow orb photographer, lol.
My avatar is a picture of an orb "in motion", taken in the house that we recently moved out of. The house had a very dark depressing energy and was also very active with orbs.
I was able to take many pictures (in quick succession) of them; without moving or changing anything....they would appear and disappear.
I could also (telepathically?) ask them to appear in a picture.....I have shots taken where I am looking up and gesturing to "nothing" but an orb appears in the pic in the exact spot I am looking.
I don't know what they are, but I absolutely do NOT agree that they are dust, moisture or sap.
(I don't know how to post pics so that they show in my message, but I'm willing to show them if someone would like to explain in layman's terms).
To anyone who wants to roast me for my claims....it doesn't matter. I know what I have experienced.....and don't believe that any of us knows what they are......yet.
Thanks for sharing your experiences.
jacygirl

Thanks for sharing here too. I would love to see some of your favorite orb photos. Please post a few, if you don't mind.
Honestly, I don't think the ones we experienced were dust or pollen either. There definitely seemed to be some intelligent behavior behind their gathering.

As to posting...My wife uses PHOTOBUCKET. You might check it out...then upload your photos to it...and copy and paste the IMG link of the photo you wish to post on ATS, into the message screen.
edit on 25-6-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Thank you IAMTAT.....I am going now to see if I can get some pictures up to show you!
(And thank you for your kind response).
jacygirl

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

A quick enhancement of the first...

...is showing orbs as well.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thanks for enhancing that photo. I missed those completely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join