It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are these ghosts in the cemetery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
Cropped + scaled, contrast upped 400%, brightness upped 400%.

Pretty safe to say we're being trolled here by the OP.
edit on 6/24/2012 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

YOU SIR, have added the face to that Orb....NOT the O.P.
A simple check of her original photo will show this!

Opinion is one one thing...and welcomed here.

DELIBERATE manipulation of someone else's evidence in order to discredit them...or call in to question their sincerity...IS just pathethic, wrong...and ought to be reported.

RETRACT your doctored photo and comment and apologize to the O.P. and others on this thread...or I WILL report you to the Moderator!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Wow. This thread went downhill quickly. Debunkers faking pictures is a new low. I'm all for healthy skepticism, but the level of vehemently blind hatred displayed by the chronic debunkers toward anything paranormal and people who believe and share these experiences is just sickening. We are supposed to keep open minds on this site, instead they attack anything that contradicts their viewpoints.

Great thread OP. S&F

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Its dust. All orb photos are dust. Get over it. I'm not saying this to be mean or attack anyone, but there has to come a point where you look at something that is obviously and demonstrably dust, and call it dust, and be done with it. These threads about the "orbs" have been going on for years, despite countless exhaustive and calmly presented explanations, like elevenaugust's post in this very thread, and still people insist on pressing the issue. Just because someone gives a researched and scientific explanation for a supposed phenomenon does not mean the person is a "chronic debunker." The only reason they seem as such to some of you is because you believe that illuminated particles of dust are ghosts, even though they are not.

I should also add, the altered photo was hilarious to me because, at this point in the "orbs" argument, it really has become so ridiculous that you just have to laugh at it and move on, which is what I would advise people to do when they see and "orbs" thread. Move on.
edit on 24-6-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule
Its dust. All orb photos are dust. Get over it.

Ah yes....those 'dusty' graveyards.
For someone who advocates 'getting over it', where orbs are concerned, you've certainly (and passionately) vomited forth quite a mouthful.

As to your zealously advocating the deliberate and malicious manipulation of someone's evidence...in order to ridicule and malign their sincerity or integrety...?...Well, I suppose that really tells anyone all they need to know about YOUR character and open-mindedness.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Dusty graveyards? There's dust EVERYWHERE, friend. I'm not going to spend any more time on this for obvious reasons, suffice it to say that when someone fails to accept a reasonable and obvious explanation for something like this, sometimes the only option left is a little bit of humor. As far as my open-mindedness is concerned, I fully accept the possibility of ghosts and supernatural phenomenon, and I myself have had strange experiences. Dust particles just don't strike me as being especially ghostly or supernatural, however.

Have a nice day, assumptive human person thing.
edit on 24-6-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

I AGREE; A bit of humor is often very nice.
However, attempting public humiliation, by maliciously manufacturing evidence for the sake of humor at the expense of someone who is obviously being sincere and genuine with their evidence and beliefs...is just cruelty.

It's obvious I struck a nerve, by your very defensive response.
That's okay. Please know that I meant no offense...We all have room to grow in wisdom.

Respectfully your's, my ATS friend.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I'm on the thinking that it is moisture in the air.

Look at the grass.
It seems that there is moisture dropplets accumulating on the grass blades.

This, of course, all depends on when and where the pics were taken, tempurature druing the day and then the night, humidity etc. etc.

Photos cannot just be submitted as evidence, you need all manner of readings in order to do a detailed examination of anything. And for this type of picture, the weather is one major factor in getting to the truth of what we see.

Don't forget, we also breathe out moisture too..

The 'dropplets' on the grass also remind meof a type of flower that grows in the UK amongst the grass, but it looks a bit too small for it to be that.
We need a day time photo of the exact same location to see if these flowers are there or not, if not, then this proves it was moisture on the grass, and most likely, in the air too.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't deny orbs are possible, I have some photos taken at night at some Druid's graves in Scotland in the middle of woods on a hill in the countryside where there aren't any lights, there are at least 3 small round glowing orbs of light around me on each photo. They didn't resemble water or dust and looked like they were made of light, these could have been orbs I guess.

The things on the photos you posted do look like dried water drops or dust though IMO. I have some photos with similar marks from the lens. That doesn't detract from the possibility of orbs in general though. Light is energy and I believe humanity isn't yet aware of all forms of energy in this universe.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousEyes1
This picture freaked me out. To think that this many souls could be wandering around and possibly following them throughout the cemetery is creepy. When my daughter started feeling really weird my husband would take a picture in that direction. Do they want to communicate? Why were they gathering as my husband and daughter were leaving?
edit on 23-6-2012 by MysteriousEyes1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2012 by MysteriousEyes1 because: (no reason given)

I personaly wouldn't be freaked out by the ghosts at the cemetery because they are just people like you and me. I recommend bringing a decent quality voice recorder and ask the orbs a set of questions, like "what is your name?" "when were you born?". You'd be pretty surprised at what you'll get back. Try going back and keeping us updated. Good luck!

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
I'm on the thinking that it is moisture in the air.

Look at the grass.
It seems that there is moisture dropplets accumulating on the grass blades.

This, of course, all depends on when and where the pics were taken, tempurature druing the day and then the night, humidity etc. etc.

Photos cannot just be submitted as evidence, you need all manner of readings in order to do a detailed examination of anything. And for this type of picture, the weather is one major factor in getting to the truth of what we see.

Don't forget, we also breathe out moisture too..

The 'dropplets' on the grass also remind meof a type of flower that grows in the UK amongst the grass, but it looks a bit too small for it to be that.
We need a day time photo of the exact same location to see if these flowers are there or not, if not, then this proves it was moisture on the grass, and most likely, in the air too.

Hello, I am MysteriousEyes' husband...and my daughter and I took a total of almost 30 photos last night about 10 p.m. @ Union Cemetery in Cincinnati, Ohio.

For the record, I had my wife post these photos for us because she has 'Photobucket' on her computer...and I do not (She is also more 'into' computer operation than I am).

Let me try to clarify a few things as to conditions here last night:

- There was absolutely no wind or breeze...and a very warm night
- It was definitely neither wet, nor dewey on the ground (it had been very dry and sunny here all day).
- There was no mist or fog in the air.
- The sky was dark and clear...with little moonlight.
- My daughter and I experience 'zero' bugs in the air around us.
- While it was begun during the Civil War, this is a very well kept, grass-covered cemetary, with paved walkways
throughout (no dust, sand or dirt).

The Photos:

- We spent about an hour walking around various parts of the cemetery, randomly snapping photos
- We did not look at ANY of the photos until we got home and put them on my wife's computer.

- We had taken almost 30 photos last night...and of those, only 1 showed tons of orbs (posted) and about 3 or 4
other photos showed from 1 to 3 orbs. The overwhelming majority were completely 'orb-free'.

- My psychically-sensitive, 23 yr. old daughter was very enthusiastic and brave for most of the time we were there...however, the time came about 3/4 into our walk through, when she began to feel 'creeped-out'...and was feeling a growing urgency to leave. I would've stayed longer, but she was REALLY insistent that we get out fast....So we headed out with haste.

- Coincidentally, the orbs began showing up in photos taken toward the end of our time there, with the photo containing the multitude of orbs being taken as I turned back, just before we hopped over the fence to leave.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Ahhh England out...it sucks!!!!!
Well Done nice photos

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

Thanks. I was hesitant to tell that story in here, for you know what some of our members think Ghosts are. I too hope he finds her, I could not imagine roaming this Earth looking for someone on the Other Side. The only way he will find her is to go there himself. Sadly, may do not know how, and some do not wish to. So, there you have it. I do know that everyone attends their own funeral. And on that subject, why do humans spend so much for caskets and then bury it in the ground? And why all the tears and wailing? Death is a change like no other. You revert to 33 years old, all health problems go away, and all is like you think it is. Sometimes I find it difficult to wait.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I am terror-fied.

Have fun.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I'm thinking it's why they left. Started to drizzle.

Oops, didn't see note from hubby above.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by MysteriousEyes1

Death is a change like no other. You revert to 33 years old, all health problems go away, and all is like you think it is. Sometimes I find it difficult to wait.

I sure hope this is true. More than anything in the world. What happens to children who've died pre-identity maturation? Perhaps you'll say that we all have our identities at birth, and that it just takes some time for us to find ourselves in this place.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
reply to post by IAMTAT

I am terror-fied.

Have fun.

I am sorry you feel this way; I have no wish to report you, AkumaStreak.
Just looking for an apology...or a simple statement that you were only having a bit of fun.
The way you presented your 'doctored' photo, strongly implied that it was a hoax my wife was perpetrating.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

edit on 24-6-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

(no dust, sand or dirt).

What about pollen or those little puffs that float dandelion seeds around? Pollen is found just about everywhere. Dust picked up from windstorms in Africans deserts gets deposited on the US East coast.

Don't flame me, I'm not trying to pee anyone off.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by IAMTAT

(no dust, sand or dirt).

What about pollen or those little puffs that float dandelion seeds around? Pollen is found just about everywhere. Dust picked up from windstorms in Africans deserts gets deposited on the US East coast.

Don't flame me, I'm not trying to pee anyone off.

It's certainly possible. I just know that these things only showed up in a small percentage of the photos taken. I would assume that if it was pollen, dust, whatever...floating around the cemetery on a windless night, that they would've been present in ALL of the photos in the same abundance.

posted on Jun, 24 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

That is a good point that you make.

Something else to keep in mind is the possibility that dust lying on walkways and grass could have been stirred up by your own footsteps. Even in a windless environment, slight air currents could make the difference between the presence or absence of dust in the area being photographed.

Another possibility is lint shedding from your clothing. Any quick movements could send some out in front of the camera.
ETA: a sneeze can also fill the air with a spray of fine droplets.
edit on 24-6-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join