It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Jubilee laser beam will set the world alight? what's this all about?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi, this is my first ever thread so i'm sorry if this is in the wrong forum, please see article below and let me know if you can shed any light on what its all about, thanks in advance, see link below for more info,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

A chain of 3,800 beacons, stretching across the globe from Tonga to The Mall, will light the world on June 4 in celebration of the Queen's Diamond Jubilee.

While the eyes of the world will be on Britain for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations next month, Pageantmaster Bruno Peek OBE will have his firmly fixed on Tonga. At 10pm local time on June 4, a fiery orange glow will light the skies over the remote South Pacific archipelago, marking the start of a chain of beacons that will be ignited around the globe in honour of the Queen’s reign. As the light fades in Tonga, another will appear in Australia, then China, Pakistan and Kenya – right across the world until it reaches Britain. And this, says Peek, is where the fun begins.

Now this could all be perfectly innocent but when i first heard about it back in feb this year it just sounded odd, this was in the sun newspaper, and in this article it mentions nothing about the beam going all around the world, see link for more info,

www.thesun.co.uk...

THE QUEEN is to fire a giant laser down the Mall at the end of her Diamond Jubilee concert. In the last minutes of the June 4 celebrations she will raise a football-sized diamond of glass on a cushion outside Buckingham Palace. A device will fire a laser beam over spectators to light a beacon 1,000 yards away by Admiralty Arch. It will be the last of hundreds lit across the UK — with 60 on Hadrian’s Wall and others at the Tower of London and St James’s Palace, The laser spectacular will end the third day of celebrations after a concert organised by Take That’s Gary Barlow.

any help or ideas would be great, thanks

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If anyone finds a way to point the laser AT gary barlow, i for one would be very greatful

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Beavers

hi, with hindsight i probably should have edited the gary barlow bit out, lol

+16 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Does anyone remember that old Queen song (a real stupid one) called "Killer Queen" ?

"she's a killer queen
gunpowder gelatine
dynamite with a laser beam.... "

I've got that in my head now and it won't stop- so I thought I'd infect a few others so I don't have to suffer alone .

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
the queens wealth should be divided and given to the people of england,,,,,, "her reign"
the world doesnt need her...

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
Does anyone remember that old Queen song (a real stupid one) called "Killer Queen" ?

"she's a killer queen
gunpowder gelatine
dynamite with a laser beam.... "

I've got that in my head now and it won't stop- so I thought I'd infect a few others so I don't have to suffer alone .

Indeed ;-P

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by seaside sky

yep, as soon as i read the article in feb it reminded me of queens ''killer queen'' hit, that was another reason it made me suspicious, lol

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
If anyone finds a way to point the laser AT gary barlow, i for one would be very greatful

Thanks, that was the best laugh that I have ever had on ATS!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

totally agree, the queen is a distraction, and the crown corporation are hoarding land wealth and resources from the british people.... not to mention the effect they've had on the whole world....
.... then there's the brutalisation of the Irish
OFF WITH THEIR HEADS.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by theGreatunhosed

yea,,, are these laser beams paid for by taxpayers? the diamonds as well?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

it more than likely is payed for by the tax payer!

anyone any ideas on what could really be about anyone? it seems like an awful lot of effort to go to just for a light show...

cheers

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Dumber stuff happens every day ... I personally wouldn't worry too much about a laser light show.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think Matthew delooze would be interested in this perhaps I should see if he has written an article about it... He's all about ley lines and extraction of energy through elaborate rituals disguised with concerts and entertainment to distract. His stuff is interesting and kind of "out there" but this sounds right up his alley.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I couldn't care less about the queen or the godless nation that is England, or the celebration of that stupid family of inbred leaders.

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

And I am sure they don't care about you either, you keep the hate alive, good show old boy. (BTW, can you provide your fictitious evidence to support your claims England is Godless? I for one am protestant and proud of my faith, oh and also proof that the Royals are inbred? Nope? Didn't think so)

As for the OP:

I remember reading about this, I think it would be fairly awesome if the got some pics from the ISS, or any other photo capable craft up there.

As for the Queen song, yep, gonna be stuck in my head for the rest of the day now, it kinda reminds me of an old thread I did one day when I was bored about prophecies in Queens music (actually, it was more to point out how easy it is to associate certain things with other goings on)..... www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/6/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

It's traditional...

Beacon-lighting... has been used to celebrate royal weddings, jubilees and coronations. Source

Originally posted by seaside sky
Does anyone remember that old Queen song (a real stupid one) called "Killer Queen"?

The 'real stupid song' that won an Ivor Novello songwriting award? I'm sure none of us has forgotten it. Those with a slightly broader education may also remember this poem by A.E. Housman, written to mark the golden jubilee of Queen Victoria.

From Clee to heaven the beacon burns,
The shires have seen it plain,
From north and south the sign returns
And beacons burn again.

Look left, look right, the hills are bright,
The dales are light between,
Because 'tis fifty years to-night
That God has saved the Queen.

Now, when the flame they watch not towers
About the soil they trod,
Lads, we'll remember friends of ours
Who shared the work with God.

To skies that knit their heartstrings right,
To fields that bred them brave,
The saviours come not home to-night:
Themselves they could not save.

It dawns in Asia, tombstones show
And Shropshire names are read;
And the Nile spills his overflow
Beside the Severn's dead.

We pledge in peace by farm and town
The Queen they served in war,
And fire the beacons up and down
The land they perished for.

"God save the Queen" we living sing,
From height to height 'tis heard;
And with the rest your voices ring,
Lads of the Fifty-third.

Oh, God will save her, fear you not:
Be you the men you've been,
Get you the sons your fathers got,
And God will save the Queen.

A Shropshire Lad

I wonder whether the current crop of British poets will come up with anything to match that.

edit on 3/6/12 by Astyanax because: of pettifoggery.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

the queens wealth should be divided and given to the people of england,,,,,, "her reign"

her personal wealth isn't that much as most of the palaces/crowns/estates etc belong to the crown not the person so probably if she did sell up and divvy it up we'd probably get a fiver each if we're lucky

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
The laser is going to light the beacon from 1000 yards is it?

Would have to be a badass laser to do that I would think.

I bet its a trick-she will fire the laser,them some remote controlled tech will do the actual lighting of the beacon,making look as though the laser lit it.

Thats what I think will happen.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria

Originally posted by ImaFungi

her personal wealth isn't that much as most of the palaces/crowns/estates etc belong to the crown not the person so probably if she did sell up and divvy it up we'd probably get a fiver each if we're lucky

ah, double think at it's finest. "It's not the QUEEN's it's the CROWN's." Point being; the English Royals have access to a massive fortune that they're just sitting on, regardless of who sits on the throne.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
All of this is a bunch of nonsense. The rest of the world couldnt care less about this freak show.

Now if there was a jubilation about Princess Di, or any other DECENT person of the world, that would be something worthy of viewing. But this, MEH.

Just a freak-show for the delusional.
edit on 4-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join