It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Little Children Who Brought Home Rainbow Colored Acorns From Fairy Land

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
For what its worth. I believe you..
peace

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Funny thing is that it is like the stories of faerie gold. Turns into junk after a certain amount of time. Op where did it happen? I ask because some parts of the US have their own faerie stories and I wonder if it's in one those places. It's sad to see how many idiots have to come on to a thread like this and be so uncouth. It's no wonder that magic is dead, since people have lost that ability to wonder at things.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13
Funny thing is that it is like the stories of faerie gold. Turns into junk after a certain amount of time. Op where did it happen? I ask because some parts of the US have their own faerie stories and I wonder if it's in one those places. It's sad to see how many idiots have to come on to a thread like this and be so uncouth. It's no wonder that magic is dead, since people have lost that ability to wonder at things.
This happened in south weymouth,mass. a town that was founded in 1635,within the oldest part of this entire country,new england and where this happened is also very close to the strange and infamous bridgewater triangle,so close that it might as well be a part of it > www.paranormal-encyclopedia.com...
edit on 16-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by majestic3
you didn't eat any mushrooms while you was there did you
Eating mushrooms found growing wild in the woods,would most likely result in a very terrible death and someone who chose to eat them would be so violently ill and disorientated from toxic poisons flowing and rushing through their bodies,that any hallucinations those mushrooms may induce,would be the last thing on their slipping into comatose mind and even at the age of 7 or 8,we knew that was something never to do...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

just a read you might find interesting..

coincidence that different groups of humans over different time periods,
have the same stories? (ghosts, fairies, witches etc...) it's certainly not localized.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GENERAL EYES

I ca. Do that to on a sunny day looking at the horizon. I dont think its anything paranormal. Just something wierd with the eys and brain.

Its akin to the spanish castle illusion, where you look at a greyscale picture of a castle, and your mind fills in the colors,

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Ahh very interesting
Would fit though... I do love the real unusual types of encounters, bigfoot, ghosts and lake critters are interesting but there is something about tales like this.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Modern day sightings of faries and little people > paranormal.about.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Most everyone who knows me well enough ends up telling me that i have an incredible memory and i can quote the lyrics to a thousand songs with ease and i can photographically see in color in my minds eye all sorts of places,people and situations from all throughout my childhood,even from when i was one,two and three years old and i can still hear some of the sounds and voices from those distant times and places...

And how would i be talking at three months old no matter how developed my brain might have been at a very early age? If no one ever taught me how to talk,i wouldnt be talking even now,i wouldnt know how to,because language is taught,is it not? Its not something we're born already knowing,we first have to learn the alphabet and how to sound out the vowels a e i o u and y,then we learn how to pronounce individual words and then we learn how to form them into sentences,no ones born already knowing those things...

I've a bit of time to waste, so let me stick my nose in here. 1,000 songs with ease? I do think you're showing a tendency to exaggerate, probably because you're inflamed at being doubted. I'm generally considered quite stupid, attempts were made to put me back two grades, as an adult there have been many attempts to have me committed, jailed, submit to counselling, etc... The problem, really, is that after 8 years university math and science, I emerged with an MS and 4.00 gpa, but failed to get out of Dogpatch, where true excellence can get you killed. But no way I can remember lyrics to a dozen songs, let alone 1,000. My sister often gets frustrated with my stupidity, insists she has a photographic memory going back before age 2, and explains her mediocre grades as deliberately reduced to defer superior status to me, which is for sure bunk. But, let's see, I had a dream on the couch while coloring pictures of animals in a crayon book. That much is real, my aunt Alice was sleeping on the couch. The animals all came alive and scampered off the pages of the book, it was very real and somewhat frightening, but a dream, of course. My point is that at that time my sister was not yet walking, so she was no more than a year old, and 20 months younger than myself. That would make me younger than 32 months (still age two, technically). I don't remember the event of her birth, but I do remember events preceding this one, so even stupid people remember things at age two. Later, when she was barely two, about 1952, we moved to New Jersey to meet my dad as he returned from the war in Germany. Indeed, she remembers with far more detail than I, names, places, things most of us would have forgotten in a week. Sorry, but my sister and I both prove you can remember well at age two or before.

Now, your experience really sounds just like my dream, but I believe it was more than that. Several years later, in the same house, I spent all night for three straight weeks playing peek a boo with some very strange creatures. Well, few will believe me, but this was no dream, it was quite real. Twenty years later I finally recognized the vile little critters that would materialize from balls of light and try to sneak into my room all night. They are known as grey aliens, and they are quite real, not hallucination or dream, though they inhabit a different dimension, not a different planet as they want you to believe. Personally, I think you and your friend fell under the spell of a spiritual presence. You had a dream, a charming experience but not to be trusted since these spiritual entities can and do alter perceptions. Now, the most real experience that I've ever had, far more real than any of my university exams, was when I met Jesus and became born again. That was literally real and vivid, but not a physical event. Millions of people have had similar experiences and are now known as born again Christians (as opposed to religious people who go to church). Now, that's an experience worth telling, if only everybody would realize that Jesus is the real deal. Now, I really need to get back to reality. Later.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by cusanus

I'm not inflammed at anyone or anything.I'm not a savant,but i do have a photographic memory,an eidetic memory and i always have > en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 17-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by nineix
reply to post by Dustytoad

It's quite very possible the OP was gone for at least 10 hours from home.
OP has yet to divulge and answer these questions though, so, all we have is speculation.

In my opening post i mentioned how we had felt tired,layed down and fell asleep for around 3 hours,is that what your wondering about?

Kids played outside all the time when i was young and i use to play outside almost everyday for many,many hours,either on my bike,or climbing big boulders,building forts and exploring through the woods.When the sun rose,so did i and i ate breakfast,then went outside and played till i went in to eat lunch and sometimes i brought my lunch out with me.Then i went back outside and played till sunset,then i went in and ate dinner and went back outside again and played well into the night.Only when i was sick did i stay inside the house,or if it was really pouring rain outside...

People were more in touch and in tune with nature back then,with the trees,the clouds and the grass,with the rocks,the dirt and the sunshine,with the rain,the snow and the wind,with the fresh air,the insects and the animals...With the earth...Not with machines...
edit on 17-3-2012 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

You are apparently special. Most people don't have such a paranormal childhood.....

Some of your past threads:
Demonic Screams And Diabolical Laughter In The Graveyard - Link

The Night I Was Kissed By A Ghost - Link

My Grandmother Returned From The Grave -
Link

My Strange Vision Of An Old Woman And The Message She Spoke To Me-Link

Interestingly, this thread comes earlier than several of the others..... Strange And Sometimes Terrifying Things Have Always Happened To Me And Here Is What Some Of Them Are:
Link

In the last linked thread, you mention the subjects of other threads, one being about the yet to be written 'strange old woman' vision. When you mention it.... It was an old man!(strange, with that photographic memory of yours that you previously mentioned in this thread) Other strange stories that you write about in later threads are not mentioned.
Some people might be inclined to think that what you write is simply fiction. I'm not ripping on you, just stating an opinion.

edit on 17-3-2012 by butcherguy because: Added for clarity
butcherguy because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'm not going to comment on the believability of the account...what I was struck by was the charming nature of the story...my 6 yo niece would love this...can i use it in some form?

Akushla

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricyWell that is what is said, however I have lots of memories from under the age of two and i have never been told of these from my parents, I remember them clearly and they are quite vivid too, so I have to disagree with the 3 year old theory sorry.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricyNASTY

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Beautiful memory, regardless of whether or not any of us here could ever verify it. Most things posted on ATS have to be accepted with a grain a salt. I am not one to doubt your experiences, I have had many strange experiences myself. They all dimmed and fell silent after childhood. I remember them.. and their vividness. I remember how surprised I was to be experiencing these things and even as I child I tried to explain it away or tell myself I was dreaming. Even several years later after all of my "real world" education, I am at a loss to fully explain away everything. I know that not everything was pure fantasy or memories that I embellished. I know that I wasn't experiencing some type mental instability as none of these experiences were constant or carried over into any symptoms outside of the experiences themselves. And of course, as it goes with most people who claim strange experiences, they were only in my childhood.

That being said, if you are creating stories for fun, this one was quite lovely and I suggest you take these stories/memories and write short stories. I give you credit for dealing with the trolls. Why come to a site like ATS and expect hard, cold facts and black and white? Really???

edit on 17-3-2012 by flyonthewall84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Have you ever tried to get in contact with the girl who you were with?
Maybe see if she rembers.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

There were so many strange and terrifying thing that did happen to me that i felt several of them were worthy of their own thread and so i expanded several of them into their own threads.The extremely terrifying screams and diabolical laughter incident heard by me and my friend in a graveyard became one of my very first threads back in around last august.The old man/old woman i saw and heard speaking to me in a vision,is a face that i can see right now,partially obscured by long grey hair and what stands out the most now is that long grey hair being blown by the wind or something else and looking back on it,that long hair makes me think it might have been a woman,not a man and anyways,does it really matter which it was? What he or she said is so much more important and vital "32 quartz,its the devil" and we could argue back and forth till kingdom come wether it was quartz or quarts that was said...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by zrocketman976
reply to post by blocula

Have you ever tried to get in contact with the girl who you were with?
Maybe see if she rembers.

You are the only person... other than myself... who I have ever stumbled across... that makes the exact same error as I have on countless occassions... rember/remember.

I want to start a club.

edit on 17-3-2012 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
reply to post by blocula

I find that highly unlikely as you dont acquire autobiographical memory until the age of 3. These are false memories, or reinforced memories.
So saith Science, right? And we all know, science hasn't ever gotten anything wrong...

In other words you have seen images and have had the circumstances described in the past (after 3 years old) and built this into your explicit or long term memory.

ETA: The part of you brain (hippocampus) which stores these memories is not formed before 3 years old
If you really could remember before 3 years old you would be talking at 3 months, feeding yourself etc by the age of 1
Some babies do. Some children have recall of previous lives, even. I was reading at age 2, but of course you can't believe that, because to read, you would have to remember what the letters represent, right? You are so full of it, you and your high-and-mighty science knowledge. The world is still, even with quantum physics, more mysterious and amazing than we humans generally have the capacity to imagine.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join