It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Hey I wasn't celebrating his death.

What do I personally think of him?

Hmm.

He was a decent speaker when he was calm and when he was being honest in interviews he was a likable guy even if we don't see things the same way. I liked him on a personal level.

On a professional journalist level he lied a lot.

So if we are all to remember him for his greatest accomplishment, it would be that he showed off Weiner's Package. That was his greatest journalistic accomplishment.

There is a difference between bashing a guy and praising his death and making up facts that he was a great man, but both are false and both are wrong.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Arrianna Huffington was a right-wing republican.

Dunno what happened to her.

Probably had an epiphany and wised up

I don't consider Ron Paul conservative. Neither does he with his disgruntled disgust towards his government and the Feds.

He's a Libertarian but you see, this duality fighting, brainwashed thinking, politically influenced country only recognizes two parties. Them and the other one.
There are actually over 40 parties. But, we're a two-party system when it all boils down to 'media coverage' and political agends so......Dr Paul knew if he wanted to be taken seriously he must play the dumb-down game and pick a side.
He agreed MORE with conservative issues over democratic ones therefore by political-pressure, he picked a side.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Arrianna Huffington was a right-wing republican.

Dunno what happened to her.

Probably had an epiphany and wised up

I don't consider Ron Paul conservative. Neither does he with his disgruntled disgust towards his government and the Feds.

He's a Libertarian but you see, this duality fighting, brainwashed thinking, politically influenced country only recognizes two parties. Them and the other one.
There are actually over 40 parties. But, we're a two-party system when it all boils down to 'media coverage' and political agends so......Dr Paul knew if he wanted to be taken seriously he must play the dumb-down game and pick a side.
He agreed MORE with conservative issues over democratic ones therefore by political-pressure, he picked a side.

On a side note what if Ron Paul actually VPs with Romney?

I respect Paul a lot, but that would literally ruin the whole damn thing for me. TBH the only reason I wanted Paul in was to help get rid of the Federal Reserve and IRS system.

I don't believe Romney can do better for this country than Paul or Obama, so I would vote Obama.

If he chooses VP then to me this was about him wanting that position for himself, not to change anything.
edit on 3/1/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by mudbeed

What did he lie about?

This for starters:

He came under heavy criticism in 2010 for posting an edited and incomplete video of a speech by Agriculture Department employee Shirley Sherrod, who is black, appearing to say she discriminated against a white farmer looking for assistance.

Sherrod was forced to resign over the video, which appeared on another of Breitbart's websites, BigJournalism.com.

A full version of the speech showed that Sherrod had assisted the farmer. The department later offered her job back when it was clear she had been misrepresented.

www.cnn.com...

That video was edited by Glenn Beck...
source

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I am horrified at the people in this thread celebrating Mr. Breitbart's death. Disagree with him all you like, but you are happy that he is dead? Absolutely unbelievable. How blinded by partisanship are you to behave this way?

My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and his friends. I just lost a family member last week and feel their pain. I am truly hurting for his children and wife.

As to the Obama college videos, I would love to know what is in them and hope that we will eventually get to see them, but there were some comments on his site about hoping he had good security after he made the announcement and I think that those posters had it right.

I hope that his sites continue on and carry on with what he started. I've spent lots of time at his sites and have enjoyed them and appreciate the different perspectives and news that the MSM isn't bothering to report.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tworide

Originally posted by Muttley2012

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by mudbeed

What did he lie about?

This for starters:

He came under heavy criticism in 2010 for posting an edited and incomplete video of a speech by Agriculture Department employee Shirley Sherrod, who is black, appearing to say she discriminated against a white farmer looking for assistance.

Sherrod was forced to resign over the video, which appeared on another of Breitbart's websites, BigJournalism.com.

A full version of the speech showed that Sherrod had assisted the farmer. The department later offered her job back when it was clear she had been misrepresented.

www.cnn.com...

That video was edited by Glenn Beck...
source

Yeah but that is Breitbart's 15th version of what happened. He even admitted giving the tape to Beck so who the hell knows. Remember he also said that the clip he received was the only one available to him and it was a conspiracy. Your source isn't good because Breitbart himself can't even be a good source for his own actions since how many different versions of the story has he told.
edit on 3/1/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Fishy for sure,
Mr Soetero probably had something to do with his death.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Glencairn
I am horrified at the people in this thread celebrating Mr. Breitbart's death. Disagree with him all you like, but you are happy that he is dead? Absolutely unbelievable. How blinded by partisanship are you to behave this way?

There was like one person that said they were glad he's dead. Big deal.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
another,

Andrew collapsed last night after leaving a restaurant. He was rushed to the hospital and was pronounced dead early this morning.

www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I wonder how many different scenarios we will be fed.
edit on 103131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart collapsed while walking near his Brentwood home, his father-in-law said.

Sources told The Times that Breitbart was rushed to Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center about midnight, where he was pronounced dead of natural causes. No further details were available.

His father-in-law, actor Orson Bean, told the Associated Press that a neighbor saw Breitbart fall and called paramedics. Bean also said Breitbart had suffered from heart problems in the past.

[link to latimesblogs.latimes.com]

This reminds me of how they couldn't get their story straight on Bin Laden.
edit on 103131p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Human_Alien

I was just as shocked as you and I was even the first one to post the video, but I have to say, he didn't look too good in that video and he even mentioned that he had been encouraged to take a shower before it's airing, but he admitted that he hadn't.

He looks like he's put on a lot of weight in the last couple of years and he certainly has been looking disheveled as of late. I've known plenty of people who've had heart problems at these early ages. We can only hope that the autopsy will show more and his family can give out more information in the near future.

Personally, I'm also interested in hearing more about whatever videos he claimed he had.

It should be interesting.

That can all be very true but you see, what's doing it in for me is the 'medias' rendering of a natural cause.

It almost appears this is being orchestrated....regardless if his death was natural or murder. It seems the media (aka: government) wants to insure that wedge is dug in deeply. That invisible barrier. That wall that keeps---over and over and over again, dividing us.

It doesn't even matter what the topic is anymore, the media plays a pivotal roll in keeping us divided.
Opinions are one thing. Passion is another. And the media plays to our passion.

Maybe this is what Obama cryptically meant by 'Transparency' because this divide game can't get anymore clearer than it is in the year 2012....... ya know?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Then that is one person too many. However, I read more than one comment that expressed pleasure at hearing about his death. It shows me that some are so blinded by their own partisanship that they lost all perspective on civility and, frankly, humanity. It is disgusting and I can't even imagine how hurtful it would be for any of his family to read those comments.

Take care,
Cindi

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What a great loss for conservatives.

Perhaps he had a medical condition he kept private? I don't know many guys of 43 who die of natural causes.

And since there are so many liberals being insensitive and ignorant, as usual, I'll offer a counterpoint:

Now it's Bill Maher's turn to drop dead.

edit on 1-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-3-2012 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by oghamxx
I did not enjoy his works. Can't say I will miss him.

I agree; just like Glenn Beck, he was controlled opposition for the establishment right. Nothing but a demogag. He'd never touch real issues, just petty crap like Acorn. Oh boy, Acorn, they're really hurting us, unlike the federal Reserve system, blatant government corruption, false flag terror, and the effort to rid the United states of the Bill of Rights.

I'm sorry to see the guy die though. He had tapes from Obama in college apparently. Wouldn't surprise me if someone put some Demerol in his afternoon cocktail.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
He helped found Huffingonpost and a slew of (mostly hard-right) websites.

I don't understand this part
HuffPo is 100% left-wing, I don't know why people call it right-wing

HuffPo was a major part of Obama getting elected, and that HuffPo woman, I think she's the owner was so incredibly pro-Obama and would be an apologist for everything he did

She was all over the news during 08!

Also HuffPo does NOT like Ron Paul either

They are very left-wing in my opinion

I understand it perfectly. Breitbart founded his counterpoint in the fake, manufactured left right political debate in this country. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
That guy was so consumed with hate. People who can't tolerate or learn to live with other people always have short miserable lives. It's sad to see, but type-A personalities like his tend to flame out early.

I won't miss him. He made his fortune spinning lies. All it got him was a heart attack or a stroke. One look at his recent photos showed he was declining in health.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Are you kidding me? Natural death after saying (promising) to expose Obama???????
This is so self-evident that our government had him murdered.

Still want to vote? Still trust Washington? Still have fate? Still have respect? Still think these are good ol boys/girls representing your best interest??
WAKE UP.
This government is so corrupt it is scary.

Here is the video two weeks ago where Andrew is promising to show a video of Obama....in his 'college' days.
Obama at minimum WAS a coked-out, sexually experimental, cigarette smoking thug back in the day. Just ask Larry Sinclair! Which personally, I don't care. But a person like that is hardly in position to be a role model for this country!!!

Starts around 5:00
townhall.com...

OBAMA in COLLEGE

Yea, and there's plenty of evidence about Obama's mother and father being CIA assets. Hell, big O worked for a CIA front company. That's semi main stream news! Why didn't Breitbart cover that angle, like people like Alex Jones do? Oh, that's right, because Breitbart was a muckraker. Controlled opposition.

The Wayne Madsen Report (WMR) has obtained additional details on Business International Corporation (BIC), the CIA front company where President Obama spent a year working after graduating from Columbia University in 1983.
source

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My thoughts exactly. It takes over a week for Whitney Houston's death to be declared an accident despite being barely able to stand and now this 43 year old healthy man out for an evening walk is declared to have died of "natural causes" almost immediately - and after regular business hours no less which means that the regular coroner wasn't even on duty?

He claims he has video of Obama in college that will come out during the election and less than a month later he drops dead?

hotair.com...
edit on 1-3-2012 by Marid Audran because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
That guy was so consumed with hate.

Sounds like a typical churned-out American to me!!!

Psssst, those fake plastic smiles on television especially behind those anchor desks?.....not natural. They are robotic drones spewing out fabricated news. Gone are the days of unscripted news-reporting. Well, we did get a fleeting glimpse on 9-11 for about 10 minutes before their 'feed' came in and were reporting from a teleprompter.

There is nothing to be happy about. There is nothing to love. Except life, health, friends and family. So we're getting down to basics (where we SHOULD be)......while living in a material world. Talk about polarity!

edit on 1-3-2012 by Human_Alien because: spelling

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
To those who are so "convinced" that it just has to be a "conspiracy"...

Not every person's death is a murder! This man was a mistaken right-wing ideologue who railed at anything that was truly reasonable and progressive. He exhibited his extreme anger and hate regularly. That kind of toxic thinking can lead to health problems...all by themselves.

(Pointing out...Whitney Houston was only 48. It does happen. I know an attorney who had just had a physical, he was 47.....dropped dead a week later on the golf course. Had planned a cruise for his anniversary.)

Here:

Watch Andrew Breitbart Flip Out On Occupiers

(From February 10, 2012)

Conservative blogger-star Andrew Breitbart lashed out at Occupy protesters outside of CPAC, the mass annual gathering of conservatives, in Washington, DC on Friday night. Campus Progress reporter Emily Crockett was on the scene and captured video of Breitbart losing it, screaming at the protesters “Behave yourselves!” and “Stop raping people!”

During the exchange, which occured around 6:15 p.m. on Friday, Breitbart calls the demonstrators “freaks and animals” before being politely shooed away by hotel security.

A careful vetting of his claims, that he had posted on his blog, about the many "rapists" who were "Occupy Protesters" was shown to be completely wrong. He identified in some cases the victims as "rapists" (their attackers were NOT part of OWS), for example. Additionally, he tried to tie in nearby sexual assaults that had nothing at all to do with OWS, just because they occurred near an encampment.

In two instances he counted the same crime twice. His anger was so deep that no amount of rational thought nor truth would keep him from exaggerating if it was useful to slander anything that had to do with progressive politics.

This is the standard technique for the hard right-wing, and they are despicable tactics.

edit on Thu 1 March 2012 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
AB,

The lord says thou shall not bare false witness, which is what you did as a profession.
I believe in redemption,so hopefully when you were released from your Earthly bonds
you were forgiven and admitted into a better place.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join