It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Memoriam: Andrew Breitbart (1969-2012)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Flavian

Like i said, i have never heard of the bloke before so have no idea about him. Reading some of the comments i gather he was the sort to garner controversy? Did he therefore have potential enemies that may have "done him"?
He was a lightning rod for left-wing criticism. A Tea Party favorite. And a vocal opponent to Obama's policies.

He had a lot of enemies.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

And did he or did he not expose some nasty and crooked politicians?

I guess if he was exposing conservatives you would have LUVED him?

Yes?

Typical double standard much?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Are you kidding me? Natural death after saying (promising) to expose Obama???????
This is so self-evident that our government had him murdered.

Still want to vote? Still trust Washington? Still have fate? Still have respect? Still think these are good ol boys/girls representing your best interest??
WAKE UP.
This government is so corrupt it is scary.

Here is the video two weeks ago where Andrew is promising to show a video of Obama....in his 'college' days.
Obama at minimum WAS a coked-out, sexually experimental, cigarette smoking thug back in the day. Just ask Larry Sinclair! Which personally, I don't care. But a person like that is hardly in position to be a role model for this country!!!

Starts around 5:00
townhall.com...

OBAMA in COLLEGE

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Breitbart was walking near his house in the Brentwood neighborhood shortly after midnight Thursday when he collapsed, his father-in-law Orson Bean said.

Someone saw him fall and called paramedics, who tried to revive him. They rushed him to the emergency room at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, Bean said.

Breitbart had suffered heart problems a year earlier, but Bean said he could not pinpoint what happened.

abcnews.go.com...-ZAofOX-k

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

Long known as Matt Drudge's "bitch" (check wiki, I didn't make that up - he did), Andrew Breitbart was a lightning rod for contrversy.

He helped found Huffingonpost and a slew of (mostly hard-right) websites.

He will probably be remembered most for setting up ACORN.

He recently started working with the a large gay conservative group... which pissed off a lot of folks, like Joseph Farah.

I hated the guy's BS, and wouldn't really care that he's dead, but sure, he's a widely read and very influential social warrior... this is big news.

bighollywood.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Half the crap you posted is incorrect. Helped found Huffingtonpost... a RIGHT WING WEBSITE?

I bet the guys heart gave out and he was a coke head.

I have known plenty of coke heads in my days and they all acted like he did.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by THEDUDE86

I am thinking drugs...I mean this was LA

Yeah...the Marilyn Monroe way!!!

He was SOOOO murdered it is screaming at us!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
Are you kidding me? Natural death after saying (promising) to expose Obama???????
This is so self-evident that our government had him murdered.

Still want to vote? Still trust Washington? Still have fate? Still have respect? Still think these are good ol boys/girls representing your best interest??
WAKE UP.
This government is so corrupt it is scary.

Here is the video two weeks ago where Andrew is promising to show a video of Obama....in his 'college' days.
Obama at minimum WAS a coked-out, sexually experimental, cigarette smoking thug back in the day. Just ask Larry Sinclair! Which personally, I don't care. But a person like that is hardly in position to be a role model for this country!!!

You really think that? No one gives a crap about what Breitbart says.

He wasn't murdered over a video.

He was a liar, not a hero. He hated people, not loved them. He embraced ignorance, not truth.

He is the opposite of a patriot and all the guy was is a celf centered liar that distorted facts for his own cause.

Besides he was being sued for millions in a defamation case.

He died from abusing his own heart most of his life and it was probably coke.

The guy was a joke and I hope everyone remembers him as one, unfortunately we are going to turn it into a conspiracy.
edit on 3/1/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

What did he lie about?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

Yeah.
What DID he lie about?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined

Breitbart was walking near his house in the Brentwood neighborhood shortly after midnight Thursday when he collapsed, his father-in-law Orson Bean said.

Someone saw him fall and called paramedics, who tried to revive him. They rushed him to the emergency room at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, Bean said.

Breitbart had suffered heart problems a year earlier, but Bean said he could not pinpoint what happened.

abcnews.go.com...-ZAofOX-k

New alert: If he had a 'heart condition' then....it wouldn't have been rendered 'natural'. 43 year old people don't have heart attacks naturally.

He was murdered. Stop racking your brains for excuses. Use reason. Be rational. He threatened to expose Obama just TWO weeks ago. Please see video in my above post.

I am outraged. I can't believe Obama is another Bush and Lyndon Johnson. Well, yes I can because they probably share the same blood line.

If anyone votes for anyone OTHER than Ron Paul then you have no reason to complain about ANY of this come next year!!!

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This was quite a shock. I went to school with Andrew, hung around the same cirlces, hung with him quite a few times, lots of the same friends. While I can't say I agree with all the things he said, or did, this is not something to be celebrating. He was a father to four children. To celebrate the loss is wrong.

To speculate that he was bi-sexual, had AIDS, was a "coke head" is par for the course here but I am doubting those first two accusations. I never rule out drugs as an issue because I've heard all kinds of crazy stories about people dying from drugs that you would never, in a million years, expect to be using, let alone using to the point of causing death. This doesn't mean I knew him as user. On the contrary, I didn't know that about him at all. My knowledge of him, and the times I'd spent around him, drugs were never seen or discussed.

Speculate away, that's fine but, still, to celebrate his death and refer to him in such a nasty manner is in poor taste.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by mudbeed

What did he lie about?

Are you joking?

The guy was being sued for defamation. Sherrod.

Calling all of the 99% ers rapists.

He put out a video trying to show a young kid being strip searched by the TSA, which was another edited lie.

He is a liar and a fraud.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

He was an overweight 43 year old. Overweight people have a higher risk of cardiac arrest at younger ages. There is some speculation as to whether or not he was on drugs as well. If he was on drugs that doesn't help the heart in the slightest, especially when overweight. He was also clearly stressed out every time he spoke with someone who didn't agree with his ideas which, again, doesn't help the heart when you're constantly stressed. The combination of those three most likely ended his life.

He was not murdered by the government. His deplorable lifestyle caused his death.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

You are clearly a Obama voter which is fine but that doesn't mean you have to defend something that's so obvious to be...... something other than what you say.

Breibart had a following. So a LOT of people cared what he had to say and/or...SHOW!

At 43-years old....two weeks after promising to 'show Obama's video'......well, you do the math.

And don't forget the media, who is ACTUALLY what Andrew's biggest rant was about...and how unfair and deceptive they are, isn't about to start telling us the truth now. So...use your third-eye if you must because your brain is in big time defense mode!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I was just as shocked as you and I was even the first one to post the video, but I have to say, he didn't look too good in that video and he even mentioned that he had been encouraged to take a shower before it's airing, but he admitted that he hadn't.

He looks like he's put on a lot of weight in the last couple of years and he certainly has been looking disheveled as of late. I've known plenty of people who've had heart problems at these early ages. We can only hope that the autopsy will show more and his family can give out more information in the near future.

Personally, I'm also interested in hearing more about whatever videos he claimed he had.

It should be interesting.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mudbeed

First, read what I said again. I didn't say he was, or wasn't. I doubted the bisexual and AIDS comments and said I had no knowledge, either way, about his drug usage.

Second, you are stating something as fact. Can you prove it? Do you have anything to back up your claim?

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

He was a coke head. Sorry that you can't deal with facts.

To all of you that can't believe he is a liar then too effing bad.

Use google and fact check you s*** for once.

This could describe Obama.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by mudbeed

You are clearly a Obama voter which is fine but that doesn't mean you have to defend something that's so obvious to be...... something other than what you say.

Breibart had a following. So a LOT of people cared what he had to say and/or...SHOW!

At 43-years old....two weeks after promising to 'show Obama's video'......well, you do the math.

And don't forget the media, who is ACTUALLY what Andrew's biggest rant was about...and how unfair and deceptive they are, isn't about to start telling us the truth now. So...use your third-eye if you must because your brain is in big time defense mode!

Ohh whatever. Maybe I will end up voting for him at the end of the day, but I was looking a Ron Paul at one point. He's better than robot romney or has no chance santorum. At this point voting GOP is completely irresponsible. It is obvious they are being paid off by insurance industries to save a few bucks all in the name of religion (which isnt the real reason)

Uhh no, Andrew was a liar. It wasn't "Gotcha" media.

He edited videos consistently to screw over his own viewers into believing a lie.

How the hell is that deception from the other side.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by mudbeed

What did he lie about?

This for starters:

He came under heavy criticism in 2010 for posting an edited and incomplete video of a speech by Agriculture Department employee Shirley Sherrod, who is black, appearing to say she discriminated against a white farmer looking for assistance.

Sherrod was forced to resign over the video, which appeared on another of Breitbart's websites, BigJournalism.com.

A full version of the speech showed that Sherrod had assisted the farmer. The department later offered her job back when it was clear she had been misrepresented.

www.cnn.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join