It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ww3 is coming. A canadian perspective.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
OK so I have been following all the news surrounding the conflicts and potential conflicts worldwide for some time now. I haven't been totally convinced that the world is headed for an epic battle however until last night.

Now I'm not big on watching TV, I can go months at a time without watching so much as a minute. Last night my kids wanted me to watch the 500th episode of the Simpsons with them so I agreed to.

What I saw frightened the hell out of me.

Now keep in mind that Canada is deep in the reds when it comes to our economy. The global community says we are doing fine but it has been revealed lately that our capitol province is flat broke, about to make heavy cuts in education and healthcare, plus cutting thousands of jobs. We are hemorrhaging jobs like crazy also.

This being said I seen two commercials being played over and over again.

1. Is for Www.actionplan.gc.ca which is the govts plan to create jobs and training. However the site doesn't contain many links to job resources and is littered with ads for the armed forces.

2. I must have seen a commercial for the Canadian armed forces every commercial break. Each one outlined a different career in the military and advertised that they were in heavy demand.

Now this I can tell you is far from normal. My whole life I can go weeks of watching TV without so much as an armed forces commercial. Once a month of that. If any.

Upon visiting Www.forces.ca you can see that they are looking for hundreds of people, possibly thousands to work in trades and construction jobs. This is also unusual because I visited the site many times a few years back when I considered joining and many of the careers were not in any kind of demand, and this was during the peak of the conflict in Afghanistan.

Now we have news of china speculation a big war over Syria. Link

The Russians are beefing up their military Link

Also take into consideration that Israel wants to turn Iran into a crater. And there's the fact that the world is teetering on the brink of economic collapse. Many people in western nations out of work. Many oldis conflicts I'm the mid east escalating.

The perfect storm is brewing. world tensions are the highest they've ever been.

To me the fact that the Canadian military is looking to increase significantly is the writing on the wall. We are normally a peaceful nation and have no real need for a large military force. However military spending is going up despite the Canadian people are on the brink of facing austerity measures under the guise of debt reduction.

I hope this isn't true but it's starting to look inevitable.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
It is inevitable.

People wanted a global "reset" to take place.

This is it.

We could still have a few years before all hell breaks loose, but I think it will be sooner than that.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

To me the Syria situation and Iran's nuclear program will be the catalysts for this conflict. The lines have been drawn in the sand. All it is going to take now is one nation to lose its head. Someone will fire the first shot. I have my Money on Israel attacking Iran, or the us putting boots on the ground in Syria.

Either one of the two will put the wheels in motion. This situation is so delicate. A house of cards if you will.
edit on 12/2/20 by metaldemon2000 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by metaldemon2000

Very good post my friend. WW3 is in the pipes, coming down on us, no stopping it now, aside from some "outside" alien threat that would completely change history. Then we would have WORLDS WARS 1 instead of World War 3.

P.S. How do I "flag" a topic? Thanks.
edit on 20-2-2012 by Socrato because: added text

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

You know I'm not at all adverse to that happening. At least humankind would have a common goal that doesn't involve killing each other.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A known, but little-realized, harbinger of coming war is the publication of novels, stories, movies, video games, etc, etc, etc, and [pay attention here, OP!] internet avatars which celebrate war and battle. It seems to be a flood these days, and has been now for years.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
People were panicking when it was the cold war

Now the cold war look like a argument between 2 old neighboor
fighting over a colored fence

People are really brainwashed today not realising how close we are from a WW3

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

It will be really interesting to see how obvious the course was in hind-sight; say 20 years from now. People will be like, "WOW! how did the world not stop this from happening!?"

Now we know, the back of history is whole different story than it is from the front.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
What's even scarier to me personally is the fact that I have been long kept out of my field of work by lack of jobs. The job I have right now is barely feeding my family and I really haven't found many other options.

The jobs available in the forces especially those in the fields of technology are quite appealing to me and I find myself extremely tempted.
My wife asked me if its something I wanted to do and my reply was that working in a military career as a technician would sure as hell beat being drafted as an infantryman when shtf.

The pay is ridiculous though.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Socrato
reply to post by Lazarus Short

It will be really interesting to see how obvious the course was in hind-sight; say 20 years from now. People will be like, "WOW! how did the world not stop this from happening!?"

Now we know, the back of history is whole different story than it is from the front.

It was obvious to me for years. I just didn't know how close we actually were. The Canadian military beef up is sure fire sign to me however. We have no need for large forces. No countries instigate with us and we don't do that either.

Canadians are raised to believe we are a nation of peace. We don't start wars but instead uphold justice as we did in world wars one and two. This is what we are taught.

In the last few years Canada has made many attempts to modernize the forces. Despite all this our numbers remain low. Now out of nowhere they want thousands of new hands on deck and offering up careers that are next to impossible to get in the jobs market. All this while we are experiencing a huge jobs downturn.

That's either perfect timing or a strange coincidence. Either way. Like I was saying, the offers are very tempting. I there are a few people I work with who are considering signing up, they are in the same boat as me. We live in a very impoverished area in northern Canada where jobs are scarce and poverty is like a disease. Has been this way for decades. The recent economic downturn hit us very hard.

But all these jobs... how convenient.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
As a fellow Ontarian I fully agree with you, I've noticed the "buildup" of subliminal and not so subliminal messages the elite have been sending our way over these past couple years. All you have to do is open your eyes and see for yourself that the time is near. It's frustrating that the majority of people don't even care anymore, thank God we have compassionate people that visit this forum that pay attention to their surroundings like I do.
S&F for you, sir!

Here's a link to the thread I made last night about Putin's pledge for military updates;
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 20-2-2012 by concernedcitizen519 because: added link

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Tensions are high in the world, thats for sure. I don't know if WW3 is around the corner or another month or year or ten years from now but I'm certain of this.... Live and love every day like its your last, because it always could be, does'nt have to be a war going on for that to happen. Don't worry about when the nukes are gonna start flying and just enjoy whatever it is in life that you enjoy. Of course I'm making sure I got food and a garden and chickens, goats and such and I highly recommend anyone to try to do for themselves what they can without money. We used to be a nation of do-it yourselfers and I'd like to get bak to that again.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Funny, a few minutes before, a colleague of mine laughed and told me that now even the canadians are being deployed in his country (he is German). Apparently a contingent of some 600+ canadian soldiers are being deployed in Germany to work on the construction of some missile platform (!) ...

Interesting ...

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cancerwarrior
Tensions are high in the world, thats for sure. I don't know if WW3 is around the corner or another month or year or ten years from now but I'm certain of this.... Live and love every day like its your last, because it always could be, does'nt have to be a war going on for that to happen. Don't worry about when the nukes are gonna start flying and just enjoy whatever it is in life that you enjoy. Of course I'm making sure I got food and a garden and chickens, goats and such and I highly recommend anyone to try to do for themselves what they can without money. We used to be a nation of do-it yourselfers and I'd like to get bak to that again.

Exactly. Lately I'm starting to notice alot of people prepping. There are even ads in the local paper for people looking to form groups preparing for the long haul.

I'm not going to waste my time being terrified. I'm already doing what you mentioned. Enjoying my time with my family. I think the area of the world I live in pretty safe and far from any nuclear targets. Plus geographically the area I live is a natural fortress for a ground offense and and couple of well placed Sam sites could easily repel air offensives. Its basically a giant meteorite crater with limited access points around the mountain ranges. Being deep in the interior of the country helps too.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sHuRuLuNi
Funny, a few minutes before, a colleague of mine laughed and told me that now even the canadians are being deployed in his country (he is German). Apparently a contingent of some 600+ canadian soldiers are being deployed in Germany to work on the construction of some missile platform (!) ...

Interesting ...

Canadian military has had exchange programs with Germany for years. This is part of a treaty from after ww2. Germany had to retain an occupational force indefinitely to maintain order. Now its just a military exchange program. I knew a few folks who have served over there.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

you have a job!!!!
im from ontario as well,and the only work i can get is thru temp agencies! even then your only needed for a week or so.

i just do general labour recently,but i use to tattoo. alot!
but people don't have alot of cash to throw around for ink. when they do,they had to save for months for it.
pehaps ww 3 is close,if not,i wouldn't be surprised if there was a civil war!

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
As a fellow Ontarian I fully agree with you, I've noticed the "buildup" of subliminal and not so subliminal messages the elite have been sending our way over these past couple years. All you have to do is open your eyes and see for yourself that the time is near. It's frustrating that the majority of people don't even care anymore, thank God we have compassionate people that visit this forum that pay attention to their surroundings like I do.
S&F for you, sir!

Here's a link to the thread I made last night about Putin's pledge for military updates;

Lots of folks where I'm from haven't a clue what goes on outside of our city. Hell they don't even know about many of the policies and economic wrongdoings that have had adverse effects on our local economy.

I have noticed a huge change in our country's stance on military when the Harper regime came into power. From day one he was giving speeches that mirrored speeches made by Adolph hitler. He has spent more money on fighter jets than on healthcare and education combined.

My brother in law voted conservative. I asked him if he was nuts. His reply was that any govt who's going to find savings in this economy has to be good. I pointed out Harper's insane military spending and asked if that was what he called savings. His reply was that the world is a crazy place and we need to protect ourselves.

From what???? Lol. When was the last time a nation or terrorist group bombed the crap out of us or threatened us?? Like really. I don't even know why we are in Afghanistan. Lots of hometown boys never made it back. Sad. And for what?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by reficul

you have a job!!!!
im from ontario as well,and the only work i can get is thru temp agencies! even then your only needed for a week or so.

i just do general labour recently,but i use to tattoo. alot!
but people don't have alot of cash to throw around for ink. when they do,they had to save for months for it.
pehaps ww 3 is close,if not,i wouldn't be surprised if there was a civil war!

I know what you mean. Wish I could afford a tat. Only reason why I can afford internet is because the company I work for gives me a huge discount. Other than that putting food on the table is a major struggle. I don't know how much more I can cut back. The house of cards I call my life can collapse with the slightest breeze.

And I know so many people in the same boat or even worse off. Its insane. This is not how they told us it would be. Which is why I think the timing with all the armed forces ads isn't coincidence. They know that anyone under 435 is struggling with joblessness and massive debt. Most of us can't purchase property or even a new car for that matter. The baby boomers still young enough to work another fifteen or so years. Its crazy.

They are counting on people not having a choice so they can build up their ranks.

The actionplan site kept giving me links to the armed forces. This is Harper's solution. They know conflictnis on the horizon. Welcome to the next great Canadian industry.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

S&F for you, sir!

Lots of folks where I'm from haven't a clue what goes on outside of our city. Hell they don't even know about many of the policies and economic wrongdoings that have had adverse effects on our local economy.

I have noticed a huge change in our country's stance on military when the Harper regime came into power. From day one he was giving speeches that mirrored speeches made by Adolph hitler. He has spent more money on fighter jets than on healthcare and education combined.

My brother in law voted conservative. I asked him if he was nuts. His reply was that any govt who's going to find savings in this economy has to be good. I pointed out Harper's insane military spending and asked if that was what he called savings. His reply was that the world is a crazy place and we need to protect ourselves.

From what???? Lol. When was the last time a nation or terrorist group bombed the crap out of us or threatened us?? Like really. I don't even know why we are in Afghanistan. Lots of hometown boys never made it back. Sad. And for what?

Ever since Harper came into power it feels like Canada hasn't been Canada anymore, you know? He basically adopted ALL of America's characteristic properties, it's like we're the 51st State (smh). Whatever happened to our own identity?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000

S&F for you, sir!

Ever since Harper came into power it feels like Canada hasn't been Canada anymore, you know? He basically adopted ALL of America's characteristic properties, it's like we're the 51st State (smh). Whatever happened to our own identity?

Its gone my friend. This is what the us has wanted forever. This has been in the works for a while. Harper sealed the deal. I don't trust him. Even his proroguing of Parliament shows us that our democracy is dead and gone. As stupid as the liberals could be sometimes they were the last bastion of democracy left in Canada. Now that they are dead at the federal level and soon to be dead in Ontario at the provincial level there is no hope for Canadians. The ndp can never bolster enough support to take over and even if they did they would make the liberal spending seem like thrift shopping.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join