It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon???

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
I think I misjudged the number of misinformed ATS members. This thread has 37 flags?
I really don't know why I fight this fight. I think the cynical people that say that the U.S. is doomed because of ignorance of politics and policy are probably right, if even a fraction of the people have this level of understanding.
There is no way anybody could ever get through to the OP, if it hasn't happened yet. If the OP believes that we have all of these bases overseas for DEFENSE, then how can you possibly reach them with logic? You can't.
We are extremely close, or perhaps we have already passed, the point of absolute corruption in government. We have a small group that controls or are planning on controlling EVERYTHING related to our lives...our information, our food and medicine, our ability to feed and house ourselves and our family, even our very lives.
OP can't see that? OP can't see that Ron Paul is trying to reverse that? OP can't see that it is the individual that give Ron Paul his POWER, and it is the individual that he is trying to empower?
There is an old biblical proverb that applies here. "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."
I think I will let the OP alone.

If people like you don’t understand that bases overseas allow the US to instantly respond to threats around the world in defense of this nation then you are oblivious and naïve. The countries that host these bases don’t feel any were near as strongly about removing them as YOU DO! What does that tell you about your view??

Are you saying that there are other countries that are capable of invading the United States by land? Or do you fail to realize our superior geographical position on the planet?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

if that's truly Ron's stance, i applaud the man.. finally someone taking a different approach rather than peace by force and the status-quo that's failed for how many years?

i don't honestly know how i feel about Ron Paul and all the support.. but the republicans Romney and Santorum (who seem to be the other main plausible winners) scare the heck outta me.. and i'm not even american.
mitt's drug policy is right out of the Anslinger handbook.

as usual in politics.. i see no one i'd really want to vote for. be more voting against others.. typical

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon???

For God's sake how do you stop it?!!!

Gotcha'!
I'm just joking.
I'm actually not tired of the Ron Paul Bandwagon.
edit on 1/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SurrealisticPillow
I think I misjudged the number of misinformed ATS members. This thread has 37 flags?
I really don't know why I fight this fight. I think the cynical people that say that the U.S. is doomed because of ignorance of politics and policy are probably right, if even a fraction of the people have this level of understanding.
There is no way anybody could ever get through to the OP, if it hasn't happened yet. If the OP believes that we have all of these bases overseas for DEFENSE, then how can you possibly reach them with logic? You can't.
We are extremely close, or perhaps we have already passed, the point of absolute corruption in government. We have a small group that controls or are planning on controlling EVERYTHING related to our lives...our information, our food and medicine, our ability to feed and house ourselves and our family, even our very lives.
OP can't see that? OP can't see that Ron Paul is trying to reverse that? OP can't see that it is the individual that give Ron Paul his POWER, and it is the individual that he is trying to empower?
There is an old biblical proverb that applies here. "Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch."
I think I will let the OP alone.

If people like you don’t understand that bases overseas allow the US to instantly respond to threats around the world in defense of this nation then you are oblivious and naïve. The countries that host these bases don’t feel any were near as strongly about removing them as YOU DO! What does that tell you about your view??

Yes, that's why we have bases all over the world. So we can defend our borders! It all makes so much sense. Look at how often we are being attacked by sea and land and look at how often we are stopping those threats with our Military. Sure, it's not that often, but it's our presence that deters them right? I mean, if we were to pull out, we'd have China, Russia and Iran and who knows who else immediately attack us, gosh that be scary! And I'm sure each and every nation's people (not their government) but actual citizens LOVE having us there. I mean we build their roads, schools, defend their oil pipelines and enjoy their natural resources. IMO we should be building more bases in more countries, on borrowed money! We can pay it back later, right?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Why, because Santorum has morals and strong values you disagree with?

If you don't like Santorum you're likely a non-Christain and non-conservative.

RP is not a conservative, he's an extreme libertarian with some very liberal views.

What morals? What strong values?

Santorum is a man who claims to be Pro Life. He claims that all abortion is wrong, including in cases of rape and incest. He believes Doctors who perform abortions should be charged with a crime. Rick Santorum has been very clear in saying, ALL abortions are wrong, no exceptions.

Yet in 1997 Rick Santorum admitted that he and his wife planned on having a partial birth abortion for his then pregnant and dying wife. Fortunately, they did not have to have the procedure. Nature took care of the issue for them and she gave birth to a boy at 20 weeks into her pregnancy who then died 2 hours later.

So when it was Rick Santorum's wife who was facing death, abortion was an option, yet he wants to make it illegal for everyone else.
Source

Let us talk more about the morals of The Santorum's. The faithful Catholics who believe sex should only be between a man and his wife, in wedlock. Yet his wife, Karen Santorum, prior to getting married spent most of her 20's living in sin, and having premarital sex with her boyfriend who is also a very outspoken obstetrician and abortion provider who is 40 years her elder, and just happens to be the same doctor who delivered her in the 60's.
Source

So what you call "morals and values" of the Santorum's, I call blatant hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Every time this thread gets a flag, a hopeful dictator smiles.
edit on 23-1-2012 by Angelaisaac because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Wow.. That was a very long string of absolutely incorrect statements.

You have completely misunderstood his policies. I suggest you take the time to re-read them and really understand them, because you are very wrong in what you said.

I still want some answers about his racist news letters. Oh wait he doesnt know who wrote his own letters....

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Actually, yea we do know who wrote his newsletters.

Do an ATS search.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mrgregbusybee

What is it with this hate for a man that wants to offer you more freedom? Why is his message of freedom so complicated to comprehend? Complain about his foreign policy all you want, you're just spouting the same old nonsense shown on television. No true Ron Paul supported will read your thread and say "hmm, you're right. I want more wars. I want more money for the weapon corporations. I like the status quo." You're obviously misguided on his views. By bringing the troops home, he can focus on nation building at home, a concept foreign to you. You're also clueless on how advanced the US military actually is, and that they have preventive measures should a country send a nuke over. In fact, they've had preventive measures for a very long time, and I have no doubt they keep getting more and more advanced with each passing year. In short, I disagree with nearly everything you've said. I sympathize with you, for somewhere along the way, you got lost under a mountain of lies that all non-whites are evil and want to destroy everything, when the reality is, they just want to live and be free. To say that 8 or so people responsible for 9/11 share the same mentality as all people in the middle east... is... racist, wrong, and morally EVIL. Maybe you should, umm, read up some wikileaks documents and see how corrupt these wars really are.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
LOL.. it's funny how you lumped all RP supporters into three groups disregarding a myriad of reasons he would make a great president and why people support him.

Let's do the same thing to you. You are a joke for choosing Rick Santorum as he is anti- liberty and a religious nut job. I don't want a man in the white house that pretends to make decisions on and makes reference to the "creator" every five minutes.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
EDIT: sorry i took my time writing this, cooking dinner etc so sorry if i mention somethign that has been posted and agreed on!

I have been following this site for a bit now, but reading this thread has made me want to give my input so here goes.

This is mostly aimed at the OP.

I'm British so i have a completely unbiased view on this. I have been following the election campaign for a while now and any sane person can see that Ron Paul is your only choice. The rest are slimy, money loving corrupted scum that would do nothing great for your country or the world. Paul wants to take everything back to the state level apart from military and alike, Get rid of big business, End the prohibition on drugs but let the individual states choose how to implement the laws. Big government isn't a good choice. Take away the politicians that accept money from lobbyists and company's and your land will once again be free.

America has ruined peace in the world. and unfortunately dragged other country's along with it.

Pulling troops back to the USA is one of the most sensible arguments he puts out. And if there is an underlying allegiance that they have, he wont pull them out, he wouldn't be allowed. But instead of flexing your military muscles, try diplomacy...
But get out of Iraq and Afghan and any other country your occupying, its unnecessary and un-just. By being there you are making the "extremist terrorists" want to retaliate.

You say you did 8 years in Afghan. What was your "mission"?
Clearing out caves searching for an old man?
Guarding the CIA interests (Poppy's...)
Or pissing on dead body's?
Or terrorising the locals?

You say you are patriotic? if you believe you were doing good then that just makes you a sheep. Did you enjoy killing people?

Osama is gone... why are you still there?
Al Quiada isn't a threat , they tell you they are to justify the illegal occupation.

Which takes me to his view on war.
If the USA interest were under attack then he would do the lawful thing and go to congress and ask to intervene in the problem. This is something your last 2 presidents have failed to do and if you vote for any of the other choices then that would be the end. Gingrich has stated he would attack Iran straight away. Do you really want to be known as the country that has had to arrest current and former presidents on charges of war crimes 3 or 4 times?

A vote for Paul is not just the best thing for America but for the world. and that only on his foreign policy. End the FED etc would have a ripple affect around the world getting rid of this rich/poor divide that your great country has helped with.

And finally you are being quite racist/ignorant/dumb to think as soon as troops leave a country they are there for no reason. that the leaders of those country's would attack you. You may not no this but every human has the ability to to good. And given the chance they wouldn't just bomb everyone.
To progress, peace needs to be established. If no this then I'm sure elected officials of country's know this.

But then we have Israel. USA and GB are allies with those disgusting Zionist's. we don't intervene there. yet they are killing and butchering people everyday with weapons your country supplied. I say give Iran the chance to teach them. if we wont, someone needs to.

And if you even try to justify the Israeli occupation of Palestine then you are scum who should be jailed.

remember, a vote for anyone but Paul will mean hello martial law, goodbye gun rights hello FEMA, hello 4 more years of pointless prohibition and hello many more trillions of dollars debt, spent on war and thousands dead/injured/ committing suicide.

Your view on the world is misjudged. People wont attack you given the chance. that's just fear mongering to justify violence. Yeah, there are some evil people. but they don't live in the middle east or Asia, they are in your capitol.

The powers are shifting to the east. Its inevitable. the west had its chance to do good. we failed. Yeah some things need to change in China especially. but the core belief of Asians is that of the Buddha, which promotes peace, non violence and calm. Give them a chance. I'm sick of hearing about the Dollar, Yen sounds much nicer...

Peace x

edit on 23-1-2012 by storkyla because: original post has been updated many times

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WhiteDevil013

Not his own letters.. get real. Think of how many people are involved with politicians especially ones that have run and will run for president. They weren't "letters" they were newsletters. Like when you sign up for a website and you start getting letters in your email regularly..
It was like that. It was likely he didn't know half the people writing them except casual correspondence.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think if we step back from all of our foreign military aid and financial aid to these country's or at least charge them for the privilege of our military protecting their asses we could concentrate on fixing our problems at home. I'm pretty sure we as a country have invested trillions of our treasure on keeping the middle east OPEC members wealthy. For what in return? Cheap oil? It ain't cheap and it's not worth it not our treasure and mostly not our blood. F the middle east and F oil. Asia really ? North Korea, I'm pretty sure the South can take care of themselves ,teach a man to fish, you know the story. China is a bad guy? Really, then why is the government allowing all of our manufacturing to go there? If they are concerned then pull the plug. I feel we need to become a little more concerned with our problems at home for awhile, I'm not saying become isolationalists . Besides with the whole country, government and business concentrating on us, well it would be a nice change. With all the money we save not being "The world police" we could build one hell of a fusion powered force field and giant ion cannons! That would keep us safe from every enemy! Lol

Bill

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by storkyla

America has ruined peace in the world.

So there was "peace in the world" before America?

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Time for Paul to Bow out an hope that he lands a job in the new administration as Treasury Secretary. That is the role best suited for Paul. His stance on defense strategy and views on foreign relations would be very dangerous for our nation right now. The radical Left/Marxists/Leninists are backing him with hopes that he will destroy our nations defense if he would miraculously win the general election. Strange bedfellows those radicals and Ron Paul eh? Paul is a means to end for them...

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalData

You are delusional, you msm zombies make me sick. What happened to the patriots of America? If the ARMED FORCES back this guy how would a know-nothing like you know better?

OPEN YOUR EYES to the deception all around you. Its people like you that make me embarrased for my country.

PAAAAAALEEEEEEEASE! You ignore the facts and resort to an uneducated attack calling people MSM zombies. That’s your best rebuttal?

Who is the zombie??

If Ron Paul made a sudden stop many of you would fly up his backside.

edit on 23-1-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Yup, the world was peaceful for 10,000 yrs before America showed up. True story. Google it.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

Sorry. that was a bit gerneral.
America has been at the fore front of millitary intervention in the last 50 years.

And i do beleive that if America hadnt turned into and Military industrial complex trying to force its democracy on the world then we would have progressed lots, both technologically and spiritually
edit on 23-1-2012 by storkyla because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Time for Paul to Bow out an hope that he lands a job in the new administration as Treasury Secretary. That is the role best suited for Paul. His stance on defense strategy and views on foreign relations would be very dangerous for our nation right now. The radical Left/Marxists/Leninists are backing him with hopes that he will destroy our nations defense if he would miraculously win the general election. Strange bedfellows those radicals and Ron Paul eh? Paul is a means to end for them...

I second that….ALL of it!

I’d love to see RP head up the Treasury. He would make some great changes for the country. Unfortunately that’s where my love for RP ends though.

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Lets see, Ron Paul will end the FED, get rid of the IRS and its illegal taxation, and get rid of the TSA and its perverted child molesting, elderly groping false sense of security madness?
Not to mention that he would bring home our troops for real and stop the insanity of unwanted occupations of every country that disagrees with us....

The entire world should be jumping on his bandwagon!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join