It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the fear mongering. No wars are about to happen. Here's why.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit
I respectfully disagree.

Oil prices are controlled by the oil industry. When (if ever) did they give a rats-ass about the economy? They're interested in 1 thing and 1 thing only - profits. War is actually beneficial to them. They get to claim "unrest in the middle east" as an excuse to raise prices and then BAM! - record revenues and bonuses for the year.

... KEEP THE CHANGE... I just seen Ur... BAM! BAM!
... & I feel sorry for U... M$ FRN
... I'll just write Ur Off a$ AiJ info-war charity

---> FIRST-STRIKE
... On Ur clueless understanding of what is/who in charge of this little bio-ship(earth)
... Now move them seXy LIPS repeating... after s
ing the weight of my words...

THE 'Ultra-Super-Powers' ALREADY OWN ALL MONEY/CURRENCY/METAL$ ON EARTH

... So I ask a simple Question;
... Why would the USP's(no relation to any short abbreviations just as above^)
... Need to completely WW3 'unihabitabely destroy' the surface of the earth
... & it's sheeple for profit$...

edit on 29-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: To many $
sign$ in her FRN junk...

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicWaterGate

Not for profit - Control or better of it.... am I close?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

The Air Force, with our existing infrastructure of resources in Europe, can do the whole job, and do it better.

And what resources are those?

A squadron of outmoded F-15s out of RAF Lakenheath?

The Cold War did end 20 years ago.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatGuy45

Not for profit - Control or better of it.... am I close?

_SHALL_WE_PLAY_A_GAME
... Ur getting close to >LOCK-ON

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Game on: $ means nothing - control is true power. Quantity = a heavy ship to steer. Controlled population equals better Efficiency.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Foodman

I hope your right but the War will not be over oil but for freedom of the innocent, the ones that would rather die than fight, Syria is the turning point f how wars will be stated look at Libya not for oil but the fight for freedom, Kosovo is an other place Iran well that is a place all by it self they have shown and stated they want war for any reason, with what has happened there in the last dew days, I am surprised they have not done more.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Russia threatens to block NATO routes
www.abovetopsecret.com...

UK Embassy In Tehran Taken Over By Protestors, Building On Fire Update : 8 people taken hostage
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think your thread title is losing credibility

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I think your missing the trend of events in the past decade. It is apparent tptb have been taking every oppurtunity to establish as much ground in the middle east as they can at whatever cost. They do not care about economic recovery or growth, gold, oil, lives, America or any country for that matter. From the exchange of threats, propaganda from mainstream media, desires of Israel, and trend of events i think a war with iran is inevitable but i do have hopes that a completely unpredictable and miraculous event would occur to prevent all this...
edit on 29-11-2011 by seenavv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Stop the fear mongering. No wars are about to happen. Here's why

Awww that means no panic sex

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
But what if the next war isn't about oil, money or the economy.. I mean, you can't predict a war but you also can't predict that there will be no war. Or am I being stupid now? xD

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well I had to give a S&F to the OP on this one as at least he is not just jumping on the bandwagon of OMFG the end is near the end is near, reminds me of a chicken little.

Here are some irrefutable facts for you all.

1. It's an election year this means foreign policy is a hot topic. This means that Mister Obama is going to be pushing a lot of foreign policies to make you me, and little Timmy feel safer in the big bad world. Even the Republicans are banging on the war drums. Its all a bunch of talk and sabre rattling.. The sad thing is the imbeciles in office and running for office are entirely to blind to see that Americans are sick of war, or maybe I am the one that is blind as based on the percentage here on ATS one would believe they are correct.

2. Syria is nothing in the grand scale of things. The best part is that I keep hearing people throwing America around in this, but the irony is that there own neighbors are the ones that started this whole thing. The Arab League is the one that imposed sanctions on Syria not America. Sure America is backing the Arab League because frankly we need as many allies as we can get over there, but as far as America being the driving force? Not so much.

3. Iran is nothing more then the new North Korea. People got tired of listening to non-stop we will burn your city in a lake of fire rhetoric from good ole Kim Jong Il, and like his name he is sick in the head. There is something seriously wrong with that man. How many other countries out there routinely threaten to blow up the world on a monthly basis? I mean lets face it N.Korea got boring. In steps the new "Bad Boy" of the world Iran. Sure maybe the explosions in Iran are possibly and likely the work of outside forces, but given the fact that they won't even admit to it at all instead of screaming bloody murder, proves one of two things. Either they have no idea who is doing it and don't want to look dumb to the world or it really is just the effects of them being careless. I have to admit one line fed by the state media did make sense. (off topic for a min anyone ever notice how state media in other countries always sounds like it's a bad thing, but yet American media is no different and we listen to it daily
that one always cracks me up). Back on track the statement said that the IAEA is almost constantly watching their facilities and if something happened you would think the rest of the world would know. This makes sense, but easily covered up as well.

4. Russia, poor old Russia. Things just haven't really been the same for them since the Cold War ended. They really aren't doing all that well militarily, but they would sure like you to think they are. On that note they haven't been spending money like mad on defense like their western partners, but if dear old Obama keeps pushing this America does whatever America wants policy I could see Russia reverting back to it's days of being a super-power hence the warning from Medvedev. Note however in that state speech that has been widely circulated. See if you can count how many times he said , "We are still open to talks." Does that sound like a country rolling out to war?

5. China, well China truly is quickly becoming the new powerhouse on the block in the world. I can see why we would want to appear as if we do not fear China. Let's look at it from a different perspective. China has just found the brave new world of Global Marketing. They are making a killing economically and they are taking down the old debtors like the US and UK. No wonder we are putting our feet down and pounding our chests. China basically owns the US and the UK financially. Figuratively speaking obviously. However, China is not interested in starting a war with America or the UK. They are more interested in building up defensively and basically developing their military. There is no real difference in what they are doing versus what America does.

6. Finally the US and UK.. Last but most certainly not least. America is like the Pit bull of the world right now trying to re-enforce that we are still a force to be reckoned with, without showing that we are stretched to our limits at the same time. If there were a major conflict you can bet your butt they will bring back the draft. We do not have the military might to fight a big war anymore. Sure we would like the world to think we can, but the truth is that we are stretched. With Iraq and Afghanistan we would be hard pressed to go to a third theater of war, and still protect the homeland. If you are talking a war on a grand-scale ie World War then yea prepare to throw your children's and possibly your own lives into the mix, because they will be drafting every able man and woman. In the new age of the world Women more then likely wouldn't be exempted just a hunch. The UK, bet you thought I forgot them, they follow America around lately like a lost puppy so I am sure they would in it too.

Continued next post.........
edit on 11/29/2011 by Phantom28804 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
there will be war there not going there to be friendly ,no it may not be the war we all have invisioned but it is going to get nasty,also this war hasnt just 'snuck up on us' it started ten years ago when bush and his cronies attacked NYC the elites want total control of the reigon so they are offering change in the power structure and freedom to its peoples. once they have control, and they will through war they will start setting up banks across the middle east which in turn means the peoples will be slaves to the dollar just like the west of us. stop kidding yourself wishful thinking wont stop what is upon us be strong be brave
WAR IS PEACE FREEDOM IS SLAVERY WERE ALL SCREWED

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

That being said, I don't think we are on the brink of war. Maybe a war of words and rhetoric sure. Maybe even another Cold War, but I don't think it will come to blows over countries so inconsequential as Iran and Syria or even N. Korea for that matter.

If China took Taiwan tomorrow do you think America would actually intervene? Sure we would throw off threats and probably sanctions and run to the UN, but I really don't think we would militarily do a thing. Its more based on the threat of retaliation that we protect Taiwan, and other islands we have protection over. I saw in one post today that Obama was quoted as saying America is a Pacific nation. Well he is right we have Hawaii, and technically Guam.

The one problem in this world, and I can say this because I am an American, is that the American government can't help but put it's hands in the world cookie jar so to speak. I saw someone in another forum today say that it's simple math if you attack America expect retaliation. Well like the other person he was debating with on that forum said. I have to ask when was the last time America was attacked? Terrorism? It's a BS line being fed by the government to continue its open war by proxy on the rest of the world. We have effectively dubbed the entire world the enemy, and to top it off we are even dubbing our own Americans as the enemy. The only thing 9-11 has done is give America an excuse to police the world.

How is Iran a threat to the US? What about Syria? Egypt? Libya? wait that's right none of them. From what I see right now as Israel is the greatest threat to middle east peace. America is running in a close second for being the greatest threat to world peace. This is my home country and I love it dearly, and if attacked I would fight for it tooth and nail, but the fact of the matter is that no one is threatening the US. The only ones you see making threats are the US. Most of these OMFG the world is going to end posts are by Americans. It's sad but true. We are truly the only aggressive nation I see in the world at the moment. We dictate rules about weapons to the rest of the world while we stockpile the same weapons in America. It's ludicrous and it makes perfect sense to me why so many countries view America as the bully.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mart0
reply to post by TXRabbit

Increidlbly naive post.
Who exactly will there be to buy oil in the event of a full scale world war? Of course, It is the blood of war machines and armies. But when this war is over. Who is left to buy the oil? The destroyed industry of all the countries involved? The armies that would already be banktrupt and crippled with a massive surplus?
No, An astronomical one time hike of oil prices caused by war is terrible for business. A constant steady rise of already jacked up prices, caused by small skrimishes around the world? Thats what drives massive oil profits.

Talk about Naive...LOL

What do you think all our fighters, ships, and tanks run on exactly?? Water? Air?? No... OIL!!!

After WW2 who was around to buy oil? Those who didnt fight and businesses and those who survived. Fact is we use oil for everything. To running machines, driving, producing energy, heating, and the list goes on and on.

Right now you have your little skirmishes around the globe, but it can not continue. You think China, Russia, and the rest of the world will just sit back and allow the US to continue on this path?
edit on 29-11-2011 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
My question is... Who cares whether we go to war or not. We're powerless to do anything about it cept fight or die. Know your limits and deal with it. Best of luck guys.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
You are completely incorrect in your assessment of a war and its implications. We have discussed many times here on ATS that a wartime economy is usually healthier than a peacetime economy, as evidenced by WWII drawing us out of the depression that was still lingering.

The oil companies, who are the ones who are profiting from selling oil, use ANY excuse that is possible to raise the prices. So WHY on Earth would they not jump on the opportunity to raise the price per barrel? I am surprised we haven't gone to war yet for just this reason.

So those who have a vested interest in oil would love to have a legitimate reason to raise prices, even if that reason was war. And it's bad when you have someone like Bush Jr. in the White House, who was an oil man, as of course they will influence policy in any way they can, simply to increase the price of oil, and therefore their profits.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
there will be no war because elites are the same all over the world. they prize their yachts, fine restaurants, limos, luxury suites and power. all of it which would be useless and worthless in the event of nuclear war.

especially power and control. they'll never nuke each other and deprive themselves of the thing they love most.

that's why it will take an anti-Christ who loves death and destruction more than money or power and hates God with a vengeance to wipe the majority of humanity off the face of the earth and start ww3.

since he'll be a master of deceit, you'll never expect it or even think it. no warning, no nothing. it will be like when you heard of the killing of osama bin laden for the first time. a complete, unexpected and surreal shock.

edit on 29-11-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Foodman

Good thing that there are still people who dont believe a war will break out soon.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And here's why your wrong...
Neither side is standing down or trying to solve this peacefully...
It is just escalating... First Russia armed the syrians with missles... Then iran threatened to hit turkey,,, Then China said they would fight for iran even if it meant a third world war... Then russia threatened to block NATO supply routs...
You fix it and stop ignoring the blantant truth

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I must respectfully disagree. They'll deal with the increase in oil prices if it helps with the long-range business plans. Also, the upper crust can weather the storm, and most of the people really calling the shots could not care less about the hurting on Main Street.
edit on 29-11-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join