It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia threatens to block NATO routes

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

www.presstv.com

Russia has threatened to block NATO's supply routes to Afghanistan, should the Western military alliance continue to disregard Moscow's concerns about the US-led defense shield for Europe, a report says.

Russian Ambassador to NATO Dmitri Rogozin warned that Moscow will review its cooperation with the Western military alliance on Afghanistan if the NATO fails to address Russia's objections, the Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.

Earlier on Thursday, Russian President Dmitry Medvedev warned that direct actions will be taken if his country's concerns are not addressed.

Medvede
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Why are we as American citizens behind the curve concerning the events between Russia and the U.S..The Russian president has allready addressed his nation about what the Soviet Union plans to do.

But here in the U.S. we only hear about slimy coaches who abuse kids.this is a very big story.this seems to really be shaping up to be something very big all the players are coming on board.

www.presstv.com

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I hope they show that they mean business enough to back down the insanity that seems around the corner.

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Good. America needs to stop their crap and hopefully Russia forces NATO to get the hell out of Afghanistan. That's what Afghans want, that's what Americans want, that's what Pakistanis want... that's what everyone wants except the warmongers... Screw the warmongers.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

The insanity is needed to wake up the society filled with sheep in order to make a them human again.

Humankind needs to re-earn their right to exist.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by thejlxc

I think there will be no diplomacy this time around,I think its time for the big showdown.The United States needs to re-establish there role as the worlds super-power.The economy is at a crawl nothings better for the economy but a war or at least thats what they say

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I fear the U.S. is doomed at this point...no matter what happens.

Our leaders have screwed things up beyond repair and the outcome is going to be bad!

Russia, China, Iran...etc...who else can we expect to emerge and tell us to get bent?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Our leaders have screwed things up beyond repair and the outcome is going to be bad!

Russia, China, Iran...etc...who else can we expect to emerge and tell us to get bent?

Yes I feel the same way,But i do think the even if the rest of the world is hostile to us we should be fairly safe here in the USA

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

Why are we as American citizens behind the curve concerning the events between Russia and the U.S..The Russian president has allready addressed his nation about what the Soviet Union plans to do.

But here in the U.S. we only hear about slimy coaches who abuse kids.this is a very big story.this seems to really be shaping up to be something very big all the players are coming on board.

www.presstv.com

Do you know something we don't know?

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Yes I feel the same way,But i do think the even if the rest of the world is hostile to us we should be fairly safe here in the USA

I think we will be fairly safe from bombs dropping on our heads...but economically...I am not so sure we will have a safety net...I think this will only add to the already devastated economy.

That is strictly my opinion though...some think war is great for the economy...this one though...I think will level us!

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Russia is playing this for all she can get. The US/NATO is between a rock and a hard place in Afghanistan. This latest threat to cut supply routes is just the repeat of an earlier one that Obama cured with appeasement. Now that Pakistan has been worked into a position of cutting supply routes, the Russians once again have a play.

The options are few. The US/NATO is not the machine it was during the Cold War so the choices are pretty slim because the air routes for supply and/or withdrawal are as few as the land routes... not to mention that there no longer enough available cargo planes to continuously supply 130,000 troops.

The reason it's not in the news is because... if Russia acts on her threat, the west stands to lose an army to a humiliating defeat. They would have to, basically, surrender in order to get home.

If Afghanistan was going to be won, the chance is long since lost when Bush chose to route to Iraq and then Obama chose continue the conflict.

edit on 29-11-2011 by redoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Here is more information on supply routes.

NATO supply routes - The Guardian

So with the southern routes now closed which account for rounded up one third of cargo, all that's left is two thirds which could mean that NATO is left with only one third of cargo shipped into Afghanistan.

The remaining one third is brought via cargo plane.

One third of cargo is not enough to effectively keep the war going. So if Russia closes the northern route NATO has two options.

1. Increase flown in cargo by two thirds and add economic problems.
2. Lose the war.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I watch the MSM every night for a bit before going to sleep..I have heard jack squat about anything other than coachs having oral sex with players or wanting sex or not getting enough. Most americans do not know anything about it because they depend on local or MSM to feed them the answers. Until the bombs start dropping on suburbia I just don't think americans know or frankly care about anything else or anyone else.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

I'm sure that most Americans don't care if the bombs start dropping in suburbia, some probably think that they can respawn right afterwards.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Someone needs to put a stop to the imperialist nature of America/NATO. If its Russia or China so be it. The war has gone on long enough, lets hope our Shepard warmongers aren't arrogant enough to truly think they can defeat Russia on the ground.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Forgive me if I'm one of the few people if not the only one who thinks this way but I am dying for another war!
Not because I want people to die as a consequence of it but it might be the ONLY way people around the globe finaly wakes the hell up and see that some governments are the cause of everything evil and wrong in this world and WE UNITED are the only ones to stop such nightmare!

Just like everything else, nothing comes free, there's a small price we need to pay to see change and it comes in the form of war, blood, deaths!
edit on 29-11-2011 by TheEnlightenedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

Just the same nasty news everybody else has.It just plain and simple the handwriting is on the wall.Without fear mongering this is a build up it is plain to see

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

Just like everything else, nothing comes free, there's a small price we need to pay to see change and it comes in the form of war, blood, deaths!

IMO...war, blood, and deaths is anything but a small price to pay!

Either way...if you welcome a war because you think it will make positive change globally...well I think your going to see it happen...I just don't think your going to like the result.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tea4One
Someone needs to put a stop to the imperialist nature of America/NATO. If its Russia or China so be it. The war has gone on long enough, lets hope our Shepard warmongers aren't arrogant enough to truly think they can defeat Russia on the ground.

Yes because the current Russian Federation wields such great power and might....

Sorry but the wishful U.S. bashing gets old, the Soviet Union is vanished into the dustbin of history and the Russian Federation is not a superpower. It is by most modern standards a junkyard.

The current bout of rhetoric over the THAAD deployment in Europe is very telling of Russian strategic insecurities.

The Math doesn't lie...

edit on 29-11-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

reply to post by TheEnlightenedOne

IMO...war, blood, and deaths is anything but a small price to pay!

Either way...if you welcome a war because you think it will make positive change globally...well I think your going to see it happen...I just don't think your going to like the result.

I agree with you, I may not like the results but I'm willing to accepted!

This world is so asleep right now that no one believes us about corrupted governments and how the TPTB are manipulative evils, if they don't see it with their own eyes it never happened!

Well, they will get what they want in the upcoming years!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join